Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52074 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#46083 Dec 11, 2013
Christmas Spirit wrote:
<quoted text>
i wonder which version of you is the worse one Jonah1 or JustMe.
Why would anything a split personality person like you have to offer in comments be taken seriously by me or anyone else.
You really don't have a clue do you ?
People are not turning away from God they are turning to God.
I don't take credit for that.
The holy spirit moves within Christians.
You either have zero experience in a church or you didn't pay any attention when you were there.
Dear, you aren't important enough to warrant pretending to be someone else. The fact that you are so uneducated and thus easily debunked by more than one person on these threads isn't our problem, it's yours.

"The holy spirit moves within Christians." What a crock of delusional shyt!!

Oh, and for the record...

"Religiosity is on the decline in the U.S. and atheism is on the rise, according to a new worldwide poll.

The poll, called "The Global Index of Religiosity and Atheism," found that the number of Americans who say they are "religious" dropped from 73 percent in 2005 (the last time the poll was conducted) to 60 percent."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/14/athe...

Yet again, you speak without facts. Trust us hon, we're used to it from fundamentalists.

Location hidden

#46084 Dec 11, 2013
Christmas Spirit wrote:
i usually give out Bibles to my atheist friends.
How thoughtful and considerate you are of other people's beliefs. Weren't you the same poster a few days ago bitching because people weren't giving your beliefs the reverence you though you were entitled to?

Typical fundie hypocrite.

Location hidden

#46085 Dec 11, 2013
just me wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm running low on newspaper to start my fireplace. Can I get one?
I keep two or three with our camping gear....just in case we run out of toilet paper.

Location hidden

#46086 Dec 11, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Old info.
Yes princess, the fact that you lie is indeed old info.

Location hidden

#46087 Dec 11, 2013
unut wrote:
<quoted text>Its ok you can stand in line behind dusty and when the devil is done with them he will give you his pitchfork next .Over and over forever! LMFAO!
Fundamentalist Christianity at its finest. Giddy with delight over someone else's torture, imaginary as it may be. Jesus must be so proud to have you representing him.
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#46088 Dec 11, 2013
Both of you talking about poop.
Why is that not surprising?
HA HA HA HA!!!
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I keep two or three with our camping gear....just in case we run out of toilet paper.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#46089 Dec 11, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Such a blonde reply.
Lies? A ss couple will only ever be a mutually sterile pointlessly duplicate gendered half of marriage. Really.
Old info? Marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior. Ss couples are a defective failure of mating behavior.
Covering your ears like a child won't change these things.
Denial only devastatingly disappoints.
Baseless repetition. The argument of idiots.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#46090 Dec 11, 2013
Hey deary, the fact that you bash Christians is old info.
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes princess, the fact that you lie is indeed old info.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Christmas Spirit

Racine, WI

#46091 Dec 11, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
How thoughtful and considerate you are of other people's beliefs. Weren't you the same poster a few days ago bitching because people weren't giving your beliefs the reverence you though you were entitled to?
Typical fundie hypocrite.
What a confused person you are. Must be because you're having to fight for time in that split personality brain of yours.

entitled to ? No Christian thinks they are entitled to anything. Its by the grace of God we are saved and have eternal life in heaven. I'm not entitled to anything.

bitching that other people don't show reverence ? No that is the style of guys like you. I prefer to SHARE in the love of God.

Thoughtful and considerate of others. I'm way to humble to comment on that except to say i try my best knowing that my best is never enough. But luckily i have the grace of God and the holy spirit to guide me.

Hey nice try but maybe if you were to go to church you wouldn't have to make a fool yourself with such comments. Drag your other split personality along too. He needs it even more then you do.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#46092 Dec 11, 2013
Christmas Spirit wrote:
<quoted text>
What a confused person you are. Must be because you're having to fight for time in that split personality brain of yours.
entitled to ? No Christian thinks they are entitled to anything. Its by the grace of God we are saved and have eternal life in heaven. I'm not entitled to anything.
bitching that other people don't show reverence ? No that is the style of guys like you. I prefer to SHARE in the love of God.
Thoughtful and considerate of others. I'm way to humble to comment on that except to say i try my best knowing that my best is never enough. But luckily i have the grace of God and the holy spirit to guide me.
Hey nice try but maybe if you were to go to church you wouldn't have to make a fool yourself with such comments. Drag your other split personality along too. He needs it even more then you do.
My, my, my, you are judgmental, aren't you! I'm going to guess that you attend a congregation with a far-right theological perspective. Fundamental Christians find it so easy to "share the love of Christ", while simultaneously being haughty and judgmental. "I'm not judging you, I'm sharing Christ's love." "Love the sinner, hate the sin."
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#46093 Dec 11, 2013
No judgements coming from me.
I'm just pointing out the obvious...that you are an a-hole!
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
My, my, my, you are judgmental, aren't you! I'm going to guess that you attend a congregation with a far-right theological perspective. Fundamental Christians find it so easy to "share the love of Christ", while simultaneously being haughty and judgmental. "I'm not judging you, I'm sharing Christ's love." "Love the sinner, hate the sin."

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Christmas Spirit

Racine, WI

#46094 Dec 11, 2013
CDC wrote:
No judgements coming from me.
I'm just pointing out the obvious...that you are an a-hole!
<quoted text>
i agree
when people make wild guesses like those two they usually are
1 ) wrong as can be
2 ) ahole in their intent
which is indeed the case for them.

just to prove how wrong they are
1 ) i'm ELCA Lutheran can't get more easy going then that
2 ) my intent here was to spread the true message of Christmas their intent here is to look for trouble. IE: the fact was i wasn't even talking to them yet they butted in just to criticize me.
I think that qualifies them as ahole because of their intent.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#46095 Dec 11, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear, you aren't important enough to warrant pretending to be someone else. The fact that you are so uneducated and thus easily debunked by more than one person on these threads isn't our problem, it's yours.
"The holy spirit moves within Christians." What a crock of delusional shyt!!
Oh, and for the record...
"Religiosity is on the decline in the U.S. and atheism is on the rise, according to a new worldwide poll.
The poll, called "The Global Index of Religiosity and Atheism," found that the number of Americans who say they are "religious" dropped from 73 percent in 2005 (the last time the poll was conducted) to 60 percent."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/14/athe...
Yet again, you speak without facts. Trust us hon, we're used to it from fundamentalists.
You are wrong AGAIN........

More Than 9 in 10 Americans Continue to Believe in God
Professed belief is lower among younger Americans, Easterners, and liberals
by Frank Newport
PRINCETON, NJ -- More than 9 in 10 Americans still say "yes" when asked the basic question "Do you believe in God?"; this is down only slightly from the 1940s, when Gallup first asked this question.

Despite the many changes that have rippled through American society over the last 6 ½ decades, belief in God as measured in this direct way has remained high and relatively stable. Gallup initially used this question wording in November 1944, when 96% said "yes." That percentage dropped to 94% in 1947, but increased to 98% in several Gallup surveys conducted in the 1950s and 1960s. Gallup stopped using this question format in the 1960s, before including it again in Gallup's May 5-8 survey this year.

In 1976, Gallup began using a slightly different question format to measure belief in a deity -- "Do you believe in God or a universal spirit?" -- and found that 94% of Americans agreed. That percentage stayed fairly steady through 1994, and is at 91% in the May 2011 survey.

Young Americans, Liberals, Easterners Least Likely to Believe in God

Responses to the two slightly different question formats from Gallup's May 5-8 survey can be combined to provide a larger sample for subgroup analysis. The results show that belief in God appears to be generally high across most subgroups of the American population.

Belief in God drops below 90% among younger Americans, liberals, those living in the East, those with postgraduate educations, and political independents. However, belief in God is nearly universal among Republicans and conservatives and, to a slightly lesser degree, in the South.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#46096 Dec 11, 2013
Christmas Spirit wrote:
<quoted text>
The only one confused hon is you. Your paranoia is showing again.
Christmas Spirit wrote:
<quoted text>
Save your "I'm a worthless sinner" tripe for the other sheep. You're the only ones desperate for that nonsense.
Christmas Spirit wrote:
<quoted text>
No hon, you were bitching....

"But gays do not celebrate Christmas for what it is. If anything gays threat the birth of Christ with total disrespect."
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/du-quoin-il/T...
Christmas Spirit wrote:
<quoted text>
Hon, your posts are not thoughtful, they are based on ignorance and misinformation and overly broad stereotypes. And they are in no way considerate.
Christmas Spirit wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey nice try but maybe if you were to go to church you wouldn't have to make a fool yourself with such comments.
The only one making a fool of himself in this conversation is the one that DOES go to church. You're completely ignorant about your religion, about gay people, and about other religions.

And absolutely nothing in this claptrap of gibberish changes that fact that giving bibles to people of differing beliefs isn't the utmost act of disrespect.
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#46097 Dec 11, 2013
WOW! What a bonehead.
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The only one confused hon is you. Your paranoia is showing again.
<quoted text>
Save your "I'm a worthless sinner" tripe for the other sheep. You're the only ones desperate for that nonsense.
<quoted text>
No hon, you were bitching....
"But gays do not celebrate Christmas for what it is. If anything gays threat the birth of Christ with total disrespect."
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/du-quoin-il/T...
<quoted text>
Hon, your posts are not thoughtful, they are based on ignorance and misinformation and overly broad stereotypes. And they are in no way considerate.
<quoted text>
The only one making a fool of himself in this conversation is the one that DOES go to church. You're completely ignorant about your religion, about gay people, and about other religions.
And absolutely nothing in this claptrap of gibberish changes that fact that giving bibles to people of differing beliefs isn't the utmost act of disrespect.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#46098 Dec 11, 2013
Christmas Spirit wrote:
<quoted text>
2 ) my intent here was to spread the true message of Christmas
Really? Where in your original post was there any message about Christmas? It was ridiculous tirade about how Christians don't have to buy gays gifts since (in your feeble mind) gays and atheists are the same thing. It was a ridiculous rant about how gays should have to work on Christmas day, since, you know, according to you they are all atheists.
It was a rant demonstrating your complete stupidity about everything you were discussing. And it offered no "message" of Christmas.
http://www.topix.com/forum/living/wedding/TLJ...
Care to try another spin?
Christmas Spirit wrote:
<quoted text>
their intent here is to look for trouble.
No, our intent here is to discuss the topic of the thread. Do you see "Christmas" anywhere in the title of this thread?
Christmas Spirit wrote:
<quoted text>
IE: the fact was i wasn't even talking to them yet they butted in just to criticize me.
You should read your first post again.
http://www.topix.com/forum/living/wedding/TLJ...
And if criticism is something that offends you, then you might consider the whole hanging out on a PUBLIC forum concept. If your stupid fundie noggin can't stand the heat, then stay away from the fire.
Christmas Spirit wrote:
<quoted text>
Our intent was to demonstrate how stupid your comments were. We succeeded. Sorry you dislike that. Again, the whole PUBLIC forum concept.
But please, do continue to hang out and whine and cry. We know how you fundies just love that tired old routine!
unut

Sikeston, MO

#46099 Dec 11, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Hate the sin is when you are standing in front of the devil and he tells you and your mate to bend over and reap the benefits of the pitchfork !LMFAO !

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Christmas Spirit

Racine, WI

#46100 Dec 11, 2013
yeah it is kinda funny that they'll talk about hating the sin when in fact they promote the idea of doing that sin and expect to be able to marry based only on that sin.
There whole life only revolves around gay sex.
They never refer to themselves in any other way except gay.
Nothing represents them except their sexuality. Its all they are.

Even to each other they are nothing more then just a sex object.

In all the things i am in life the last thing i would want to be what represents me is my sexuality.
But i would be proud to have being a Christian as my number one thing in life.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Christmas Spirit

Racine, WI

#46101 Dec 11, 2013
reflecting on the fact that they are nothing more then just gay sex objects to each other maybe they should be referred to in that manner.

Jonah1 = gay sex object 1
Just me = gay sex object 2

they have no real identity of their own.
They don't differ in what they say.

Christians don't all agree. We have our differences.
But we still respect each other.

What respect does a gay person have towards another gay when they are just using that person only for sex. Risky sex at that.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#46105 Dec 11, 2013
Christmas Spirit wrote:
<quoted text>
i agree
when people make wild guesses like those two they usually are
1 ) wrong as can be
2 ) ahole in their intent
which is indeed the case for them.
just to prove how wrong they are
1 ) i'm ELCA Lutheran can't get more easy going then that
2 ) my intent here was to spread the true message of Christmas their intent here is to look for trouble. IE: the fact was i wasn't even talking to them yet they butted in just to criticize me.
There are far more liberal denominations than ELCA. Your intent here is to play Jesus' pious little helper.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min WelbyMD 219,521
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 25 min Obama is a joke 1,404,448
News Filipino Food Megastore Seafood City Following ... 4 hr Guest 2
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 4 hr GEORGIA 1,800
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 4 hr GEORGIA 2,856
Word (Dec '08) 4 hr GEORGIA 6,558
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr By The Seashore 103,183

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages