Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52086 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#46003 Dec 9, 2013
still ok with me wrote:
Hey, are you that waitress from New Jersey?
<quoted text>
No dear, are you Ariel Castro?

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#46004 Dec 9, 2013
Religionthebigli e wrote:
<quoted text>Religionthebigli e your probably pulling on something all right so why didn't you answer the question how are you going to live when the Muslims take over will it be back in the closet for you like really far back maybe hide in your mom s closet?
Ninth commandment broken....again. Keep it coming.

Muslims? Really? LOL They are no different than xtians. Both are hate cults and will eventually disappear like the thousands of cults before them.

Location hidden

#46005 Dec 9, 2013
Scott wrote:
Nothing in your Pat Robertson Channel link is proof of your deity. Are you too dense to realize that, or are you just thinking that like your cult religion that relentless repetition will somehow magically become truth?

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#46006 Dec 9, 2013
CDC wrote:
How's was church yesterday Chester?
You need all the praying you can get!
Hope you are not Catholic...your knees would wear out!
<quoted text>
Praying is exactly the same as doing nothing.....exactly the same.

Location hidden

#46007 Dec 9, 2013
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does he murder or rape. Show me where.
Are you kidding me? With the murder do you want where he orders someone else to murder on his behalf, or when he does it himself? There are just too many to cite here, you'll need to narrow down the examples that you want.

For the rape, you can go to Luke 1:26 - 38. I'm surprised you don't know this. It's pretty much one of the major stories in your little book. Where your god impregnates a little 12 to 14 year old girl without her consent or permission. It's one of the stories you religitards think is just so wonderful. Taking a little girl who was already engaged to someone else, and simply knocking her up. Yeah, that's lovely.

Location hidden

#46008 Dec 9, 2013
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again talking about something you know nothing about. The Ark of the Covenant is where the 10 commandments where kept.
Yes princess, I'm well aware of that. That's why I clearly stated "THESE [commandments] are what were placed in the Ark of the Covenant..."

Obviously you've already taken your stupid pill for the day.

In your childish ambition to think you have something to contribute, you merely demonstrate yet again that you have the comprehensive skill set of a pigeon.
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#46009 Dec 9, 2013
You're really reaching there deary.
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding me? With the murder do you want where he orders someone else to murder on his behalf, or when he does it himself? There are just too many to cite here, you'll need to narrow down the examples that you want.
For the rape, you can go to Luke 1:26 - 38. I'm surprised you don't know this. It's pretty much one of the major stories in your little book. Where your god impregnates a little 12 to 14 year old girl without her consent or permission. It's one of the stories you religitards think is just so wonderful. Taking a little girl who was already engaged to someone else, and simply knocking her up. Yeah, that's lovely.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Christmas Spirit

Kenosha, WI

#46010 Dec 9, 2013
i'm noticing a pattern here in
JustMe post # 45999
Jonah1 post #46008

the writing style, choice of words, and the intent to insult all seem alike.
Could it be the writing from the same person ?
Makes you wonder how many screen names he uses in here.
Just when you think gays couldn't get any creepier along comes this guy with multiple names.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#46011 Dec 9, 2013
Uhhh...I'll pray for you then.
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
Praying is exactly the same as doing nothing.....exactly the same.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#46012 Dec 9, 2013
Im not gay wrote:
But seriously...I don't have a problem with civil unions.
But seriously, we're not interested in some lesser institution. There's one that already exists, and we're entitled to it.
Im not gay wrote:
I think if a person wants to give their 401k or retirement or power of atty to a partner...then thats their bidness. They have to live with the consequence of their actions. I dont care what they do in privacy..no matter how gross it is.
Wow, could you try and shove any more outdated rhetoric into one rambling mess? You don't care what people do privately, yet you care enough to have taken the time to apply your opinion of it. That's sort of messed up. Trust us hon, none of us gays spend 2 seconds thinking about what you straight people do in private, why you're always thinking about what we do and rendering your opinions on it is beyond us. It's very creepy.
Im not gay wrote:
This topic is about unions...not marriage.
This topic WAS about unions. Illinois has already progressed and recognized that unions aren't equal to marriage and that we gays are full citizens entitled to all the same rights and privileges as heterosexuals. Illinois now has full marriage equality.
Im not gay wrote:
I don't see why the marriage part comes up because that's Holy Matrimony.
They are two completely different things. Holy Matrimony is a religious institution. Marriage is a civil institution.
Im not gay wrote:
The atheists shouldn't want to have anything to do with that because that involves a church and God.
Atheists marry everyday in this country, because marriage isn't a religious institution, its a civil institution. Apparantly you're another one of the knuckle heads that think gays and atheists are the same thing.
Im not gay wrote:
A church shouldn't be forced into performing a marriage that is not between a man and woman.
No church anywhere has been forced to do this, nor will they. The church is protected by law from being forced to do so. With that being said, churches that recognize gays as equal citizens shouldn't be forced NOT to be able to perform matrimonial ceremonies for their gay congregants. Yet you fundies would try and deny those churches if you could. Hypocrites.
Im not gay wrote:
So...have your unions and stay out of trying to think you have a bonifide Holy Matrimony marriage.
So....have your own union, and stop thinking you get to determine what I do. Mind your own business dolt.
Im not gay wrote:
But most advocates will say they have a right to marry the one they love.
We do have the right to marry. Marriage has been noted by SCOTUS to be a fundamental right of citizens of this country. We will have the right to marry in all 50 states within the decade. Not a damn thing you can do to prevent that. It's inevitable. But don't let that stop you from your constant whining. We all know how fundies love to whine about just about everything.
Im not gay wrote:
Well...why not be able to marry your daughter or son?
Because that would be incest. Incest is illegal. Any other stupid questions? Perhaps you'd like to ask why you can't marry a tree or a monkey. You know, cause you fundies are stupid like that.
Im not gay wrote:
How about the right to marry more than one person?
Bigomy is illegal too dear. Has nothing to do with what's being discussed here. Attempting to compare the two has already been addressed by SCOTUS as being ridiculous. Only the really, really, really stupid homophobes are still trying to pretend this "argument" has any validity. Check your mirror.
Im not gay wrote:
Where does it stop if a liberal judge decides it's ok like the 5-4 vote in California?
Sorry hon, slippery slope isn't an argument. It just shows you have no argument, only prejudice. Thanks for playing.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#46013 Dec 9, 2013
Religionthebigli e wrote:
<quoted text>Religionthebigli e your probably pulling on something all right so why didn't you answer the question how are you going to live when the Muslims take over will it be back in the closet for you like really far back maybe hide in your mom s closet?
We're going to live the same way we would if the Christians took over. Since neither scenario is ever going to happen, it really doesn't requite an answer.

Location hidden

#46015 Dec 9, 2013
CDC wrote:
You're really reaching there deary.
<quoted text>
Not reaching at all. It's all right there in your book. He knocked up a 12 to 14 year old girl, despite the fact that she was already engaged to someone else. Your god didn't care, he did what he wanted.

You decide which type of murdering that you god did you want me to point out to you hon?
just me

Saint Louis, MO

#46016 Dec 9, 2013
Christmas Spirit wrote:
JustMe post # 45999
Jonah1 post #46008
Just when you think gays couldn't get any creepier along comes this guy with multiple names.
Gimme a break, twit. I'm not Jonah1. Not only are you a judgmental, hateful Xtian; you're an extremely paranoid, judgmental, hateful Xtian. One who isn't quite smart enough to decipher between two separate people. Of course, with your blanket statements about all gays and all atheists it really isn't that surprising. You categorize to make thing simple so that you can hold it in that tiny little pea brain of yours.

Location hidden

#46017 Dec 9, 2013
Christmas Spirit wrote:
JustMe post # 45999
Jonah1 post #46008
Well goodness gracious. Two people use the same words, share the same opinion and think you're an uneducated ignoramus. Well Land o' Goshin, they must be the same person!!

Tell me hon, did your Cracker Jacks Box Sherlock Homes detective license come with a little tattoo too?

Location hidden

#46018 Dec 9, 2013
just me wrote:
<quoted text>
Gimme a break, twit. I'm not Jonah1. Not only are you a judgmental, hateful Xtian; you're an extremely paranoid, judgmental, hateful Xtian. One who isn't quite smart enough to decipher between two separate people. Of course, with your blanket statements about all gays and all atheists it really isn't that surprising. You categorize to make thing simple so that you can hold it in that tiny little pea brain of yours.
Oooh, look at me talking to you. It's almost like when there were two Patty Dukes on the same screen!!!! LOL!!!!
Christmas Spirit

Kenosha, WI

#46019 Dec 9, 2013
just me wrote:
<quoted text>
touch the truth did i ?
me think thou protest to much.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#46020 Dec 9, 2013
It takes faith to believe in God.

It takes extreme stupidity to believe that a mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered half is the same as marriage.

Smile.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#46021 Dec 9, 2013
Interesting that you should bring up BS when talking about anal sex...

You must have missed my oft stated question, how can any sane person mistake a septic system for a playground... Do you think that might include sucking on a sewer pipe?

You also must have missed the countless other points I raise about homosexuality being a sexual defect and how ss couples are incapable of equating to marriage on any level except the number of people in the relationship.

But all this belies the question of why you are so defensive of the primary sexual behavior that identifies gays. Why the most intimate imitation of sexual union for gays is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning. Or why both gays and lesbians can only pointlessly duplicate one half of evolution's provision for mating.

Your reaction formation is hilarious given your embrace of BS both literally and figuratively...

Smile.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#46024 Dec 9, 2013
KiMare wrote:
It takes faith to believe in God.
Don't you hate god for messing up and making you a monster?
KiMare wrote:
It takes extreme stupidity to believe that a mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered half is the same as marriage.
Smile.
You don't have to be able to reproduce in order to marry.
LOLSER!

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#46025 Dec 9, 2013
Im not gay wrote:
But seriously...I don't have a problem with civil unions. I think if a person wants to give their 401k or retirement or power of atty to a partner...then thats their bidness. They have to live with the consequence of their actions. I dont care what they do in privacy..no matter how gross it is.This topic is about unions...not marriage. I don't see why the marriage part comes up because that's Holy Matrimony. The atheists shouldn't want to have anything to do with that because that involves a church and God. A church shouldn't be forced into performing a marriage that is not between a man and woman. So...have your unions and stay out of trying to think you have a bonifide Holy Matrimony marriage. But most advocates will say they have a right to marry the one they love. Well...why not be able to marry your daughter or son? How about the right to marry more than one person? Where does it stop if a liberal judge decides it's ok like the 5-4 vote in California?
Churches have always had the right to deny marrying any couple for any reason. Legislation affirms this.
Next.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min shinningelectr0n 1,278,748
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 15 min Into The Night 54,622
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 23 min Rogue Scholar 05 197,173
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 49 min Whiny1 6,447
News Should prostitution be less illegal-or more? 1 hr We want you 8
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Ferrerman unplugg... 100,678
abby 9-4-15 2 hr Mrs Gladys Kravitz 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages