Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52086 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#45934 Dec 8, 2013
SSM is ok with me wrote:
Unfortunately, people on this thread are alienating Christians. That's a really bad idea and many will stop supporting you.
You've come a long way...don't screw it up.
Your concern for our cause is touching, however, Christians alienate themselves, it doesn't require our assistance.

Location hidden

#45935 Dec 8, 2013
Cal surfer wrote:
The atheist must believe that the first matter (molecules) popped out from nothing....
No dear, an atheist simply accepts that there is not enough data at this time to know. We work on the premise of using what is most logical based on the data we have currently. We are completely open to the theories being altered based on increased knowledge.
Cal surfer wrote:
The religious person must believe that an intelligent creator, God, created everything.
If your bible is correct, your god is not intelligent.
Cal surfer wrote:
Science data does support a begining point in time but not what or who did it.
Science isn't currently looking for a who, because there is no reason to. Science also does not dictate that the creation of our universe was the start of time.

Since you seem so interested in the start of things, when did your god start? Oh let me guess it has existed forever!! LOL!!!

Location hidden

#45936 Dec 8, 2013
US Constitution wrote:
The US Constitution is being raped because of our no balls President you can just set back and watch it slowly vanish but OMG let's don't offend the gays and Muslims that would be a sin, so the question is when the Muslims take over thanks to the president what will all the gays do we know how the Muslims feel about gays the only good one is a dead one unless your a goat and were will all the lesbians go they will have to cover up or be killed too so Religionthebigli e if your an atheist according to the Muslims your a dead man to because you don't worship ALLAH so what say you know O great mouth piece?
I love that you think fundamentalist Christians are any different from fundamentalist Muslims. That's hilarious.

Location hidden

#45940 Dec 8, 2013
Christmas Spirit wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't mind non Christians celebrating Christmas if they celebrate it for what it is. The birth of a baby.
You seem to be under the impression that you get to determine why people are to celebrate something. People are free to celebrate ANYTHING, including Christmas, in the manner THEY choose. Your input on what the day means to you is irrelevant.
Christmas Spirit wrote:
<quoted text>
But gays do not celebrate Christmas for what it is. If anything gays threat the birth of Christ with total disrespect.
The majority of gays in this country are Christians. Your lack of respect for them and their celebration of Christmas is appalling.

Gays don't have a group mindset you idiot, about Christmas or anything else. Your accusations are baseless. Oh, and for the record, atheists aren't under any obligation to provide reverence to your deity.
Christmas Spirit

Kenosha, WI

#45941 Dec 8, 2013
i'll pass on your definition of growing up
i prefer to be one of God's children.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Im not gay

Plymouth, MN

#45944 Dec 8, 2013
Christians dont "allienate" themselves...they only try to defend their beliefs. Some don't do a good job of responding to those who question their beliefs and values. As a result...it appears that many from the gay MINORITY resort to bashing the Christian faith and even God's existence. Only an imbecile would think that a Christian would sit back and not defend themselves. These gay rights posters in here appear to be filled with anger. They dont have the inner peace of a devoted Christian. I actually feel sorry for them because they place about the same value on life as a chicken or livestock. To make their point and try to "one up" the Christian..they demonize the opposing view and resort to personally attacking them. Pretty much mirrors how a Democrat runs an election camoaign.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#45945 Dec 8, 2013
just me wrote:
<quoted text>
No, God causes all disease. Which is why he gives innocent little children leukemia and kills them. Because he's a real prick. At least, that's what these "Christians" would have us believe.
You are very right!

Santa Monica, CA

#45946 Dec 8, 2013
Christmas Spirit wrote:
i'll pass on your definition of growing up
i prefer to be one of God's children.
But god doesn't exist.
Sorry.

Santa Monica, CA

#45948 Dec 8, 2013
Im not gay wrote:
Christians dont "allienate" themselves...they only try to defend their beliefs. Some don't do a good job of responding to those who question their beliefs and values. As a result...it appears that many from the gay MINORITY resort to bashing the Christian faith and even God's existence. Only an imbecile would think that a Christian would sit back and not defend themselves. These gay rights posters in here appear to be filled with anger. They dont have the inner peace of a devoted Christian. I actually feel sorry for them because they place about the same value on life as a chicken or livestock. To make their point and try to "one up" the Christian..they demonize the opposing view and resort to personally attacking them. Pretty much mirrors how a Democrat runs an election camoaign.
I don't feel sorry for you, you're just a stupid, superstitious, bigoted jerk who works to impose his absurd beliefs on others.
One thing I've learned from posts like yours is Christianity = hate.

Location hidden

#45949 Dec 8, 2013
Christmas Spirit wrote:
<quoted text>
did i call you names ? No i did not.
you are proving my point about the hate from the other side.
Stating that you are ignorant isn't name calling, it's a factual assessment based upon your posts. You ARE very ignorant about your own religion, about gays, and about other faiths.

It is also not a statement of hate. You Christians and your desire to be martyred for your cause is such a tired routine. Hate requires effort and time, neither are things that anyone in this room is going to extend on you.

If you don't like being corrected, or having your ignorance pointed out, you should either learn more about the subject you have thrust yourself into, or simply not post anymore. It's really that simple.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#45950 Dec 8, 2013
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is a murdering rapist?
According to your bible, your god. You know, the same entity that you think everyone should "get right" with.
Im not gay

Plymouth, MN

#45951 Dec 8, 2013
Well....the tag team of rose no ho and just me keep bashing the Christian faith. Will that make either of your checking account balances higher? How about net worth? Do you really think you're going to change the majority's mind? I seriously doubt either if you would make those statements during a job interview. Keep hiding behind the keyboard and continue on with your apparent miserable lives.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#45952 Dec 8, 2013
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
REALLY...... Do you know about the 10 commandments. Those are the rules.
Really? According to your bible (Exodus 34:28), THESE are the only rules entitled "The Ten Commandments". THESE are what were placed in the Ark of the Covenant.....

I. Thou shalt worship no other god.

II. Thou shalt make thee no molten gods.

III. The feast of unleavened bread thou shalt keep.

IV. Six days thou shalt work, but on the seventh day thou shalt rest.

V. Thou shalt observe the feast of weeks, of the first fruits of wheat harvest, and the feast of ingathering at the yearís end.

VI. Thrice in the year shall all your men children appear before the Lord God.

VII. Thou shalt not offer the blood of my sacrifice with leaven.

VIII. Neither shall the sacrifice of the feast of the passover be left unto the morning.

IX. The first of the first fruits of thy land thou shalt bring unto the house of the LORD thy God.

X. Thou shalt not seethe a kid in his motherís milk.

Um, these are stupid rules. As for the false Ten Commandments that Christians love to thrust onto others.....um, let us know when someone is arrested for coveting their neighbors car.

The Ten Commandments. What a joke.

Location hidden

#45953 Dec 8, 2013
Scott wrote:
You're accused of the following charges
You're a woman trapped inside a man
Your sexuality no one denies you
But your preference we can't understand
You are the lonliness of all people
It's time for you to realize
AIDS like the plague is from God
For he sees something wrong in his eyes
Analy Inflicted Death Sentence
A.I.D.S.
A.I.D.S.
A.I.D.S.
A.I.D.S.
That's what you get for having
A penis up your a**
That's what you get when you
Swallow another man's load
How do you find love in another man's hairy a**
Millions of lost hamsters
Running ramped in your bowels
Take the Hershey Highway
Fudge packing men
Fudge packing men
Fudge packing men
Fudge packing men
A manly man
Fudge packing men
Fudge packing men
Fudge
That's really catchy. They teach you that in Bible Study? Is there music it can be sung to?
still ok with me

Waterloo, IL

#45954 Dec 8, 2013
WOW! You really have no idea what that is.
How pathetic.
A GED might do you some good.
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I noticed you didn't come up with an actual prediction.
The "Book of R" doesn't count.
So, put up, or STFU.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#45955 Dec 8, 2013
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
These fundie xtian sites are always good for a laugh. What else do you have?
Seriously, right??!!!! Hi, here's proof of god as presented by the Pat Robertson Network!!!!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Im not gay

Plymouth, MN

#45956 Dec 8, 2013
More personal attacks by rose no ho. Wow....now she calls me a.bigoted jerk? Christianity= hate? I just don't know how I'll be able to sleep tonight. A tear may start to trickle down my face. A sad day it is. Lol

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yur Funny

Livermore, CA

#45957 Dec 8, 2013
Im not gay wrote:
Well....the tag team of rose no ho and just me keep bashing the Christian faith. Will that make either of your checking account balances higher? How about net worth? Do you really think you're going to change the majority's mind? I seriously doubt either if you would make those statements during a job interview. Keep hiding behind the keyboard and continue on with your apparent miserable lives.
According to all the recent national polls the majority now supports marriage equality for all Americans! And this brings me to a heart felt congratulations to the state of Illinois for doing the right thing and rising above the hatred and bigotry to make it the 16th state to pass marriage equality! We live in a secular nation and not a theocracy,no matter how much you'd like it to be one! Oh,by the way,3 states passed marriage equality by popular vote! Take your bible into the church of your choice and preach to the choir,those of us who believe differently than you don't want to hear your bible babble and that is our right under the Constitution! Constitution trumps bible in this great nation!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Im not gay

Plymouth, MN

#45958 Dec 8, 2013
Now Jonah has joined the tag team of rose no ho and just me. I don't understand what any of you are trying to accomplish in here. When we all wake up tomorrow...will your hatred of those with differing views have made any difference in each of our lives?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Im not gay

Plymouth, MN

#45959 Dec 8, 2013
Yur Funny wrote:
<quoted text>
According to all the recent national polls the majority now supports marriage equality for all Americans! And this brings me to a heart felt congratulations to the state of Illinois for doing the right thing and rising above the hatred and bigotry to make it the 16th state to pass marriage equality! We live in a secular nation and not a theocracy,no matter how much you'd like it to be one! Oh,by the way,3 states passed marriage equality by popular vote! Take your bible into the church of your choice and preach to the choir,those of us who believe differently than you don't want to hear your bible babble and that is our right under the Constitution! Constitution trumps bible in this great nation!
Now we have almost a basketball team with you...rose no ho...just me...and Jonah. Are you changing anyones lives in here?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Nuculur option 1,276,628
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 27 min Mothra 54,530
Steve Wilkos : talk show host ? or simple mi... (Feb '08) 44 min mila123 407
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 54 min Jacques Ottawa 196,917
ask amy 8-29-15 1 hr Mister Tonka 7
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr Perrie Winkle 6,424
How to get into the USA. 4 hr New Beach Boys Song 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages