Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS2

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Comments
39,401 - 39,420 of 48,962 Comments Last updated 4 min ago
Scott

Manhattan, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, dear, Christ was not born on December 25. No biblical scholar in the world believes this. A census would not be taken in the winter.(Luke 2:1-4) Shepherds would not be in fields watching their flocks in the winter.(Luke 2:7-8)
The most commonly accepted time for Jesus' birth is late September. This is concluded based upon the calculated time of John the Baptist's birthdate and knowing that Jesus was born 6 months later.
December 25 is merely a date that the Christians stole from the Pagans who already had Winter Solstice Festivities at that time. In trying to squash out other religions, Christians forced their holiday into existing holidays.
Thanks for demonstrating yet again that those that shove the bible into conversations have rarely actually have read it.
I bet you think Jesus was an only child too, right?! LOL!!
AGAIN you are incorrect!!!!!
christianity.about.com/.../christmas

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

Judged:

Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
AGAIN you are incorrect!!!!!
christianity.about.com/.../christmas
Perhaps someday you will learn how to properly post a link like the adults in the room.
Christmas Spirit

Kenosha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

Judged:

that link worked great for me.
BUT Jonah1 you missed my point or else you are trying to ignore it.
I'll type really slow for you try and keep up.

Since gays ( Jonah1 included ) don't believe in Christ they they should be excluded from the Christmas season.

They shouldn't get any time off from work for it. No bonus money. No gifts. No sharing of the spirit.
It should be just another work day for Jonah1 and the gays.
While the rest of us enjoy the birth of Christ.

Do you understand my point now Jonah1 ? Or do i have to dummy it down some more for you ?
I don't want to demean you but you do seem kinda dense at times. Sniffing the poppers bottle too often ?
Truth Doctor

Carbondale, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

Judged:

Look, the gays and their agents, Madigan and Simon won. Give it up.
Christmas Spirit

Kenosha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2013

Judged:

actually its the gays who have given it up.
they gave up their dignity, respect, and most of all their eternal soul.
Sam

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2013

Judged:

Christmas Spirit wrote:
I don't think so!!!.
Sam

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2013

Judged:

Truth Doctor wrote:
Look, the gays and their agents, Madigan and Simon won. Give it up.
God wholeheartedly approves of Homosexuality now!!!.
Sam

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2013

Judged:

+++++++GOD NOW APPROVES OF HOMOSEXUALITY NOW!!!+++++++ God has changed His mind regarding Homosexuality!. God can change His mind on matters if He wants to, there are instances in the Bible where God does just that!. This time is no different. God has certainly been answering the big Gays prayers lately!, with their recent Supreme Court victories and all. God wouldn't answer me, a Straight guy!. You know, I once asked God for a wife, 5 months later, He gave me a wh**e!. I do admit, I did used to blaspheme God a couple years on down before this, but I stopped this. I figured this was the reason God raped me. If God didn't want to give me a wife, He sure as Hell didn't have to give me that rotten wh**e!!!. Because God bestowed this evil upon me, my blaspheming Him returned with a vengence!!!. I lay it on old God now and I don't care if I do go burn forever, HAHAHAHAHA!!!. I blaspheme God real good now. I do it more then I ever did and I myself, is a might proud of that fact, HAHAHAHAHA!!!...GIVE ME ANOTHER WH**E GOD!!!!!!!!!.
Christmas Spirit

Kenosha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2013

Judged:

Sam God didn't answer you because you turned your back on him.
You have free will.
So all your wrong decisions are of your OWN making.
You get to the right decisions in life when you SINCERELY ask for God's help.
Even then God only gives you what you need and can handle.

As for God approving your homosexuality you need to prove that.
You gays always ask for proof.
Well now its your turn to PROVE IT.
But just like Jonah1 you'll ignore proving it because you know you can't prove it.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2013

Judged:

And ss marriage is still an oxymoron.

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2013

Judged:

CDC wrote:
The world is full of godless sinners and I'm going to save every one them.....including YOU Chester!!!
The point of this thread......
I have no idea....what was the point of this thread?
<quoted text>
Actually, the world is full of humans with flaws, and all are godless........ including the ones who play make-believe.

Sin = self-inflicted nonsense.

“saved From jesus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No one enjoys beating a dead horse more than fundies!! They will whip that to the bone and then start gnawing on it with their teeth!
I'm still trying to figure out if religion makes people insane, or if insane people are just attracted to religion. Maybe a little of both? lol

“saved From jesus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, dear, Christ was not born on December 25. No biblical scholar in the world believes this. A census would not be taken in the winter.(Luke 2:1-4) Shepherds would not be in fields watching their flocks in the winter.(Luke 2:7-8)
The most commonly accepted time for Jesus' birth is late September. This is concluded based upon the calculated time of John the Baptist's birthdate and knowing that Jesus was born 6 months later.
December 25 is merely a date that the Christians stole from the Pagans who already had Winter Solstice Festivities at that time. In trying to squash out other religions, Christians forced their holiday into existing holidays.
Thanks for demonstrating yet again that those that shove the bible into conversations have rarely actually have read it.
I bet you think Jesus was an only child too, right?! LOL!!
Funny how so many people subscribe to a religion that they know nothing more about than what their pastors have told them......or Charlie Brown.

“saved From jesus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2013

Judged:

Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
I read it all the time. My reading the book has what to do with your proof?
You claim the existence of something that has no evidence outside of written text. The burden of proof is on the one making the positive claim. But hey.....I understand......logic and religion don't mix.

Can you prove that leprechauns don't exist? If not, until you can prove they don't, we'll have to assume they exist also.....and anything else your imagination can conjure up. They all exist because no one can prove they don't. Gotcha.

“saved From jesus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2013

Judged:

Christmas Spirit wrote:
Speaking of dignity; how is it dignified to belong to a religion that teaches you that you are less than dog shit from the day you were born, and now you must grovel on your knees for the rest of your sorry life praying to the ceiling fan over a book of myths? All because your ego can't handle the fact that you are unimportant will cease to exist someday. Sad, deluded....and oh so undignified.
reason

Robinson, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2013

Judged:

If christians read there own holy book there would be a lot more atheists. It's the ridiculousness of taking this book as literal truth that is driving up the number of peole marking "nones"when it comes to their religious affiliation
reason

Robinson, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2013

Judged:

What happens if ur wrong that's the best strawman u got. Weak
Christmas Spirit

Kenosha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2013

Judged:

Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of dignity; how is it dignified to belong to a religion that teaches you that you are less than dog shit from the day you were born, and now you must grovel on your knees for the rest of your sorry life praying to the ceiling fan over a book of myths? All because your ego can't handle the fact that you are unimportant will cease to exist someday. Sad, deluded....and oh so undignified.
PROVE IT
show me the bible quote that calls Christians less than dog s--t etc.

My bible tells me that by the grace and love of God i can get into Heaven.

clowns like you cherry pick the bible and you can't even do that right.

Come back when you can PROVE you clown statements.
reason

Robinson, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2013

Judged:

If god put the tree of knowledge of good and evil into the garden knowing adam and eve would eat from it then who is responsible for the fall of man?
well

Antioch, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2013

Judged:

CDC wrote:
The world is full of godless sinners and I'm going to save every one them.....including YOU Chester!!!
The point of this thread......
I have no idea....what was the point of this thread?
<quoted text>
No one needs to be saved by you...you don't have that power.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

83 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Flacks News 1,082,610
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 14 min SamBee 68,426
10 “Active Militia Teams” Securing The US-Mexic... 24 min Good luck 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 30 min Jacques from Ottawa 174,991
Global Elite Agitating for War Against Russia 31 min Kurt Nimmo video 1
Abby 7-29 51 min Sublime1 10
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 1 hr RJS 7,703
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search