Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52074 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#45570 Nov 27, 2013
who cares wrote:
I'm getting tired of this debate.
The mantra of gay people everywhere!
justnotyou

Racine, WI

#45571 Nov 27, 2013
justme wrote:
<quoted text>
When it comes down to it he has some deeply repressed homosexual feelings and they cause such a mess inside his head that he has to come here and act like this to cope.
i suffer from deeply repressed asexual feelings.
i hate the fact that i keep waking up in bed with strangers.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
when

Naperville, IL

#45572 Nov 27, 2013
When does it become law?
no way

Wheaton, IL

#45573 Nov 27, 2013
Did they really pass this?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
whatthehell

Sugar Grove, IL

#45574 Nov 27, 2013
when wrote:
When does it become law?
When the taste of poop is regarded as normal.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#45578 Nov 27, 2013
when wrote:
When does it become law?
It already is law (passed and signed).

Gay marriages will begin in Illinois on June 1st, 2014.

However, one lesbian couple was allowed to marry today because one of the two is dying. Its a beautiful story that you can find online...

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#45579 Nov 27, 2013
So, effectively, it started today.

Yep. This thread is now pointless.

Time to move on to more current issues.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#45580 Nov 27, 2013
snyper wrote:
So, effectively, it started today.
Yep. This thread is now pointless.
Time to move on to more current issues.
If only there were some magic way for you to never see this thread again...

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#45581 Nov 27, 2013
justme wrote:
<quoted text>
Your definitions of marriage do not matter, sweety. No one gives a phuck what you think. The only definition that matters is the state's, because they are the one who has ALL the authority in these matters. Marriage is a legal contract between two consenting adults that is filed with the state. They decide who and who is not eligible. Regardless of how much you whine and cry about it.
You are the equivalent of a three year old child screaming and bawling "it's not fair" when their parents decide something that they do not like. Too bad little guy, you don't get to make the rules. You're just an insignificant little tike. Leave it to those with more brains, wisdom and experience.
Oh honey, you give me way too much power. That is not my definition of marriage, it is as old as society and cross cultural.

And wow, what power you have! To declare that a relationship that has existed in every single society in human history is now redefined by a piece of paper.

I'm just trying to understand why a ss couple is STILL only ever a mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered half of marriage?

Snicker.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#45582 Nov 27, 2013
justme wrote:
http://www.historyofmarriage.o rg/
"The earliest form of marriage was believed to be ‘group marriage’. The union was basically between groups of men and women, and there exists shared sexual relations. The group marriage allowed polyandry, and this existed in Ceylon, India, and Tibet many years ago."
"Studies revealed that relationships between the same sexes have enjoyed freedom, especially in greater parts of Egypt and Mesopotamia. There was even a tomb for a gay couple which means that the kingdom recognized such union. However, such practice was more common in Mesopotamia. The Code of Hammurabi did not restrict same-sex marriage although marriages were well-regulated during such time.
There were cited examples of gay marriages during the classical antiquity. Even Plato was able to describe homosexual attractions in his work entitled ‘Symposium’. In Greek artworks, same-sex interactions were also depicted with equal status as men-women relationships. However, not all states or countries approved of such relationships or rituals. "
"As Christianity became popular in Rome, the attitude towards gay marriage and relationships also changed. During the 4th century, a law was passed to punish anyone who entered into gay marriage. "
So in other words, it wasn't until the fourth Century with the rise in power of the Catholic Church that gay marriage became taboo.
Checkmate, sweetheart.
LOL, I noticed one problem. Not one single foot note to verify the information.

Moreover, it gives the exact year the first marriage occurred! Really...

Interesting that you would use the Greeks as a source that can be verified. Here are the details; Soldiers would take young boys to satisfy their needs while away from their wives. We call that pedophilia today. Moreover, when those boys reached maturity, they would change their orientation and marry women. Is that what you are calling marriage?

Perhaps you would like to use the Indian berdaches?

Smirk.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#45583 Nov 27, 2013
justme wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H istory_of_same-sex_unions
Amongst the Romans, there were instances of same-sex marriages being performed, as evidenced by emperors Nero and Elagabalus,who both supposedly married men, and by its outlaw in 342 AD in the Theodosian Code, but the exact intent of the law and its relation to social practice is unclear, as only a few examples of same-sex marriage in that culture exist.
So gay marriage wasn't something prohibited until the Theodosian code of 342.
Yes, Nero declared himself married twice. No law legalized any such union, and his peers mocked him for it...

Ask yourself this question. Why, in ALL of human history, apart from ANY religion or culture, homosexual marriage has never been accepted in a single culture from start to finish?

Even though there are extremely rare and brief glimpses, it has never established itself and spread. Can't make a bigoted blame on the Catholic Church, can you?

Snicker.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#45584 Nov 27, 2013
justme wrote:
<quoted text>
When it comes down to it he has some deeply repressed homosexual feelings and they cause such a mess inside his head that he has to come here and act like this to cope.
Ah, the gay logic; If it's not hate, it's a hateful repressed gay.

Kind of gives gays a bad rap, don't you think...

By the way, do you know why I am a monster mutation? It just might be worse than your accusation...

Smile.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Apr 11

Panorama City, CA

#45585 Nov 27, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, do you know why I am a monster mutation? It just might be worse than your accusation...
Smile.
If I had found out I was pregnant with a chimera monster, I would have aborted.
Do you think you should have been aborted?
:)

Since: Apr 11

Panorama City, CA

#45586 Nov 27, 2013
Wow, over 39K posts in this forum, and not one rational argument against gay marriage. That's because there isn't a rational argument against gay marriage.
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#45587 Nov 27, 2013
CDC wrote:
That's an adorable little opinion of yours, but it in no way is going to stop FREEDOM OF SPEECH.
<quoted text>
ButtFlower...You have no freedom, You Are Repressed...
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#45588 Nov 27, 2013
justnotyou wrote:
<quoted text>
i suffer from deeply repressed asexual feelings.
i hate the fact that i keep waking up in bed with strangers.
Pity..
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#45589 Nov 27, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
Gay Logic is it? Now that's funny, since you're the pr*ck that's doing the repressing..Monster mutation, eh? Actually the word abomination comes to mind..POS.

Location hidden

#45590 Nov 28, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
Wow, over 39K posts in this forum, and not one rational argument against gay marriage. That's because there isn't a rational argument against gay marriage.
At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

ss couples are a defective failure of mating behavior making ss marriage an oxymoron.

Real marriage has always been and will always be a committed relationship between one man and one woman. Demanding it ain't so doesn't make it so.

It is the only relationship that reproduces naturally, a father and mother raising their children.

It is the only relationship that is the birthing place of every single other type of relationship.

It is the only relationship that reunites two completely unique parts. A complimentary union, instead of a duplicated half.

It is the only relationship that sexually fit together by design. There is no abusive violation of design.

It is the only relationship that restores a male and female to the very original roots of our creation, pre-gender.

It is the only union that blends two different genders bringing perfect balance. A same gender union lacks diversity and is off balance.

All this says nothing about the cultural, historic and religious distinctions that marriage wholly embraces.

It clearly has, needs and deserves a special and unique definition. It is absurd and sacrilegious to equate ss couples.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#45591 Nov 28, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay Logic is it? Now that's funny, since you're the pr*ck that's doing the repressing..Monster mutation, eh? Actually the word abomination comes to mind..POS.
Fact is, you are a pervert pedophile who is trolling.

Crawl back in the hole you came out of.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#45592 Nov 28, 2013
In all honesty, those pieces of paper need a disclaimer;

"Impotent duplicate gendered halves of marriage."

That would be the honest and fair way so you don't dilute real marriage so devastatingly!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Incognito4Ever 1,421,140
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 33 min Hill4me 222,858
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 52 min RACE 103,468
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 2 hr GEORGIA 1,957
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 2 hr GEORGIA 3,061
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Actual Science 61,099
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 3 hr RJS 8,553

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages