Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52086 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#45215 Nov 21, 2013
Nope, Mikey you are just an angry TROLL!
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Princess, it takes a lot more than you to make me angry. Actually, I feel boredom and a little sad, reading your posts...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#45216 Nov 21, 2013
CDC wrote:
If all this is irrelevant then why do you continue to keep putting on the boxing gloves?
Just for fun?
<quoted text>
Because someone brought it up as an argument against same sex marriage.
tom

Springfield, IL

#45217 Nov 21, 2013
thank you Governor Pat Quinn for ruining the sanctity of marriage and what it stands for in Gods eyes, I guess my marriage to my wife means nothing anymore.I might as well Divorce since something we valued became so tainted in one swipe of a pen.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#45218 Nov 21, 2013
If it is such a crazy argument then why bother to argue?
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Because someone brought it up as an argument against same sex marriage.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#45219 Nov 21, 2013
CDC wrote:
Nope, Mikey you are just an angry TROLL!
<quoted text>
Better that than a bigoted, hypocritical Asstroll like you, Buttflower...
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#45220 Nov 21, 2013
tom wrote:
thank you Governor Pat Quinn for ruining the sanctity of marriage and what it stands for in Gods eyes, I guess my marriage to my wife means nothing anymore.I might as well Divorce since something we valued became so tainted in one swipe of a pen.
Might as well, didn't mean much anyway with all that 'toe tappin' you did at the park..
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#45221 Nov 21, 2013
I was going to tell you to go F yourself but probably already do.
You must have sore back.
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Better that than a bigoted, hypocritical Asstroll like you, Buttflower...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#45222 Nov 21, 2013
CDC wrote:
If it is such a crazy argument then why bother to argue?
<quoted text>
Because it was incorrect.

Location hidden

#45223 Nov 21, 2013
tom wrote:
Wow…did your wife have any idea that your marriage was so fragile?

Imagine, to be undone by the actions of strangers…she must feel very special.
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#45225 Nov 21, 2013
CDC wrote:
I was going to tell you to go F yourself but probably already do.
You must have sore back.
<quoted text>
LOL, And you were just complaining about all the 'Hatred'. Listen you old, boring, bigoted piece of sh+t, at least if I wanted to fk myself at least I could, because I don't have some old flaccid, shriveled, pencil of a d*ck like you do! Pi$$ off AGENDAFREAK
lickmytool

Mount Vernon, IL

#45226 Nov 21, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, And you were just complaining about all the 'Hatred'. Listen you old, boring, bigoted piece of sh+t, at least if I wanted to fk myself at least I could, because I don't have some old flaccid, shriveled, pencil of a d*ck like you do! Pi$$ off AGENDAFREAK
yum yum, sailor ,will you lick my Johnson close to the pooh side.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#45227 Nov 21, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
They aren't required to. Your "distinctions" are completely irrelevant to everyone but you. Not a damn thing you can do to alter that fact.
Then this won't bother you;

Real marriage has always been and will always be a committed relationship between one man and one woman. Demanding it ain't so doesn't make it so.

It is the only relationship that reproduces naturally, a father and mother raising their children.

It is the only relationship that is the birthing place of every single other type of relationship.

It is the only relationship that reunites two completely unique parts. A complimentary union, instead of a duplicated half.

It is the only relationship that sexually fit together by design. There is no abusive violation of design.

It is the only relationship that restores a male and female to the very original roots of our creation, pre-gender.

It is the only union that blends two different genders bringing perfect balance. A same gender union lacks diversity and is off balance.

All this says nothing about the cultural, historic and religious distinctions that marriage wholly embraces.

It clearly has, needs and deserves a special and unique definition. It is absurd and sacrilegious to equate ss couples.

SMile.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#45228 Nov 21, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Scott, the Bible has no relevance to SSM in Illinois.
Further, many of us HAVE studied the Bible for years and years and our perspective happens to differ greatly from yours.
You use your Bible as a weapon. It was never intended to be a book for beating others over the head.
The Bible has been a protection and guide for good people for thousands of years.

You don't have a different 'perspective', you reject and discount what it says because it condemns your behavior.

No one is using the Bible to beat you over the head. They are remaining faithful to it's wisdom. Something every culture and religion in history agrees with.

Just as you have the right to reject science, medicine, morals and faiths, we have the right to support them.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#45229 Nov 21, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Says who? Anyone can quote from the ridiculous bible anytime they damn well feel like it.
Oh, and I do love that you actually think there is something to be "learned" from your book of myths. That's so cute.
I don't generally make posits without exhaustive research from all sides of the subject in question.

That said, it's not unreasonable to assert that animal sexuality (including the human animal) can be influenced both by genetics and circumstance.

In genetically healthy cases, our psychology predisposes us to be attracted to the sexual cues and ornamentation of members of the opposite sex.

This is VERY important as it's the (only) behavior that promotes procreation. In a biological sense heterosexuality is very 'good' because it helps keep 'the torch lit.'

Consequently, in that same sense evolutionary biology would deem homosexuality terrible (literally that strong of a word is needed) because in every case it guarantees the legacy of one's genes (and all it's potential) to be permanently blocked from entering into the next generation. We hear anecdotal examples of this when we hear one say something like "He's the perfect man. He's so intelligent and handsome. Too bad he's gay. To think such a great catch like that will never have kids...)

That said, it is easy to see that nature is not without flaw. We see cases of lifelong homosexuality in the animal kingdom and thus the belief that homosexuality can be genetic, is fairly sound.

HOWEVER we ALSO see cases of circumstantial homosexuality. This form of homosexuality can occur, and is easily seen (although certainly not limited to) forms of extreme heterosexual repression.

Otherwise 'straight' individuals can override natural heterosexual urges and engage in homosexuality in cases where they endure exaggerated deprivation from members of the opposite sex. In this case, the urge for virtually any type of sex becomes so overwhelming it outweighs any genetically predisposed attractions. Examples include the sex psychology of prison inmates, priests who take lifelong vows of celibacy, etc..,

If sexuality can be influenced by both nature and nurture, what helps predict how readily a person may engage in homosexuality? All indications seem to point at a "sexual continuum."

Those who are genetically healthy with respect to heterosexual instinct, are on one extreme of the continuum. It is very hard to sway such people into homosexuality, as their receptivity to opposite genders cues is very acute. Such people would arguably never engage in homosexuality even in cases of extreme heterosexual deprivation.

As we move along the continuum we start seeing people who are partially oblivious to gender cues and ornamentation, and thus attracted to more androgynous qualities.

At the opposite end of the continuum are the genetic defects with respect to sexuality, and whose natural attractions are polar opposite to what's needed to continue the species; the homosexuals. These persons may be as difficult to reform into heterosexuality as staunch are to homosexuality.

All-in-all, this is a fair summary of the conditions and influences of sexuality.

Since most humans have sexuality functioning within the heterosexual range (survival minded behavior), it seems pretty easy to understand the subconscious resistance to liberal acceptance of homosexuality (anti-survival/destructive behavior). It's perhaps for this reason that there's an innate almost ineffable moral objection to homosexuality.

Smile.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#45230 Nov 21, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no proof that any god ever existed, let alone that any god ever said anything.
And, ah sweet democracy, your particular god is irrelevant to the making of law.
Wrong. People in every single culture in all of history disagree with you too.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#45231 Nov 21, 2013
well wrote:
If God Himself appeared to some of you fools and told you in person that he was all for gay marriage...you still wouldn't believe him. You live to bash and hate gay people, it is your sole purpose here. Whatever would you do with yourselves?
Jesus was a hippie liberal...
Disagreeing with immorality and desecrating marriage is not the same as hating a person.

You might want to take a look in the mirror?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#45232 Nov 21, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No dear, actually I don't. The onus is on you to prove that your book is historically accurate since YOU are the one claiming it. YOU'RE the one presenting it as such. Until you are able to present some sort of evidence to support, I'm under no obligation to consider it, let alone negate it.
Now you run along, I think I heard the teacher saying that your recess was over.
The Jewish culture.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#45233 Nov 21, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Then this won't bother you;
Real marriage has always been a commitment between two people.
I know, right?

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#45234 Nov 21, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. People in every single culture in all of history disagree with you too.
That's a stretch. Do aboriginal Australians believe in the Judeo-Christian God? Do NZ Maori? What about the Native Americans prior to being "westernized"?
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#45235 Nov 21, 2013
lickmytool wrote:
<quoted text>yum yum, sailor ,will you lick my Johnson close to the pooh side.
No thanks princess, I don't do flaccid little boys..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min flack 1,498,669
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 min Patriot AKA Bozo 63,409
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 12 min Coffee Party 237,906
The reasons why the liberals lost. 21 min actorvet 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr SweLL GirL 10,378
Norcross and Chertoff behind Russian Hacks 8 hr Norcross leak 1
Jonny's Towing is Chicagoland's Most Crooked Co... 9 hr Well Well 25

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages