Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52072 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#45148 Nov 21, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
Oh my gosh. More criticism of studies that equate SS couples with other default families. I'm shocked!
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#45149 Nov 21, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Scott, the Bible has no relevance to SSM in Illinois.
Further, many of us HAVE studied the Bible for years and years and our perspective happens to differ greatly from yours.
You use your Bible as a weapon. It was never intended to be a book for beating others over the head.
GODS word has everything to do with it. The plan simple fact is that GOD says its wrong!
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#45150 Nov 21, 2013
Maybe Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical brainwashed sheeple fundie psycho hater! Who believes the world is only 6 thousand years old,which just shows what a whack job delusional fool you are! Brahahahahaha!!!
You guys are the haters. Wether you want to admitt it or not. Anyone who has views different from yourselves right away the bashings start. What's with the universe being 6000 yrs old. Is that all you can say? Other than name calling of course.
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#45151 Nov 21, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my gosh. More criticism of studies that equate SS couples with other default families. I'm shocked!
Man, that's shocking news.
Maps

Saint Louis, MO

#45152 Nov 21, 2013
He'll sure is going to be full !! God said so !
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#45153 Nov 21, 2013
Let us review shall we.

On one side we have people trying to hold on to some beliefs held for a long long time. One can understand that they are upset over the recent changes.

On the other we have people that have benefited from these changes. Even though they have nothing to defend(because they are getting what they want) they think of themselves as "the GREAT defenders".
Rahm Jizzbucket Emanuel

Oswego, IL

#45154 Nov 21, 2013
Can we NOW get to the pension crisis? Social policy does not have the importance as the impending financial crisis. The inability for the state to recognize gay marriage can't even BEGIN to hold a candle to the atrocity of slavery regardless of Gov Quinn's comments. Now go get married and shut the hell up!
Little Blue Alien

Amherst, MA

#45155 Nov 21, 2013
Rahm Jizzbucket Emanuel wrote:
Can we NOW get to the pension crisis? Social policy does not have the importance as the impending financial crisis. The inability for the state to recognize gay marriage can't even BEGIN to hold a candle to the atrocity of slavery regardless of Gov Quinn's comments. Now go get married and shut the hell up!
Too bad you couldn't fit jewjizzbucket in your name. Good choice though, they should send his azz home too. To Poland.
Coo Coo Ca Choo

Amherst, MA

#45156 Nov 21, 2013
3 trillion dollars sent to Israel over the decades.
Nothing in return, but war.
Coo Coo Ca Choo

Amherst, MA

#45157 Nov 21, 2013
It's the economy, stupid poofs!

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#45158 Nov 21, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
A ss couple cannot equate to a single one of these distinctions.
They aren't required to. Your "distinctions" are completely irrelevant to everyone but you. Not a damn thing you can do to alter that fact.
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#45159 Nov 21, 2013
CDC wrote:
Let us review shall we.
On one side we have people trying to hold on to some beliefs held for a long long time. One can understand that they are upset over the recent changes.
On the other we have people that have benefited from these changes. Even though they have nothing to defend(because they are getting what they want) they think of themselves as "the GREAT defenders".
Yes let's do review:
'On one side we have people trying to hold on to some beliefs held for a long long time'- trying to force everyone to their 'chosen' beliefs, dictating their definition of morality on everything from Sex, marriage, employment and even housing.

'On the other we have people that have benefited from these changes'- the Repressed, finally just beginning to be treated fairly and equally, after years of discrimination and violence. With only the goal of defending their very 'right' to live without fear of hateful, bigoted reprisal.

Location hidden

#45160 Nov 21, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh gosh, more information on how religious fundamentalism is a mental illness. I'm shocked!
http://www.policymic.com/articles/45811/relig...

http://guardianlv.com/2013/08/religious-funda...

Location hidden

#45161 Nov 21, 2013
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to learn the BIBLE before you can quote it.
Says who? Anyone can quote from the ridiculous bible anytime they damn well feel like it.

Oh, and I do love that you actually think there is something to be "learned" from your book of myths. That's so cute.
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#45162 Nov 21, 2013
Your perception of reality is warped.
Something profoundly vile must have happened to you?
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes let's do review:
'On one side we have people trying to hold on to some beliefs held for a long long time'- trying to force everyone to their 'chosen' beliefs, dictating their definition of morality on everything from Sex, marriage, employment and even housing.
'On the other we have people that have benefited from these changes'- the Repressed, finally just beginning to be treated fairly and equally, after years of discrimination and violence. With only the goal of defending their very 'right' to live without fear of hateful, bigoted reprisal.
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#45163 Nov 21, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Says who? Anyone can quote from the ridiculous bible anytime they damn well feel like it.
Oh, and I do love that you actually think there is something to be "learned" from your book of myths. That's so cute.
Really, this again!!!!

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#45164 Nov 21, 2013
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
GODS word has everything to do with it. The plan simple fact is that GOD says its wrong!
There is no proof that any god ever existed, let alone that any god ever said anything.

And, ah sweet democracy, your particular god is irrelevant to the making of law.
novelidea

Dallas, TX

#45165 Nov 21, 2013
Hey it is law now as of yesterday. How about we do this topic from 2010 a favor and shut it down?

Just a thought..
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#45166 Nov 21, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to start PROVING its a book of myths.
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#45167 Nov 21, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes let's do review:
There's an old sayin' that holds true." You are were you want to be"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 35 min Sicklecell Supporter 1,396,592
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 60,205
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dr Guru 217,148
Who's this Fauxcahontas? 1 hr ABigWigWamWelcome 34
Paul Weston from 12Tribe Films. 1 hr STARfukinGOODSTUFF 9
True BRILLIANCE and so correct. 1 hr STARfukinWigWam 9
News 15 Wounded In Tuesday Shootings Across Chicago 5 hr Crack is wack 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 10 hr CrunchyBacon 102,571

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages