Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS2

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Comments
38,521 - 38,540 of 49,477 Comments Last updated 6 hrs ago
Scott

United States

#44821 Nov 14, 2013
well wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, I don't condone your bad behavior...and I will call you out on it every chance I get.
Proverbs 6:16-19
New International Version (NIV)
16 There are six things the Lord hates,
seven that are detestable to him:
17 haughty eyes,
a lying tongue,
hands that shed innocent blood,
18 a heart that devises wicked schemes,
feet that are quick to rush into evil,
19 a false witness who pours out lies
and a person who stirs up conflict in the community.
Those are all that you condone. Not me.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
well

Round Lake, IL

#44822 Nov 14, 2013
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
Those are all that you condone. Not me.
Sweetie, those are all the things that you are doing here daily...I condone none of it!
Scott

United States

#44823 Nov 14, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
News flash, Buford. If God were concerned about gay people, even the least little bit:
1. He wouldn't have created us.
2. He'd have wiped our asses off the face of the earth already, and
3. He'd smite your ass for being a false prophet and an all-around dick.
Have a lovely day, bigot-boi.
He did create you but you created who you are.
He gave you free will to choose
And obviously you don't know what a false prophet is.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#44824 Nov 14, 2013
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
I am exactly as I was created to be.

Where to go for lunch is a "choice". Picking a dress shirt in the morning is a "choice".

“Free your mind”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#44825 Nov 14, 2013
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know nothing about the BIBLE then. If you condone bad brehavior it is just as bad as doing the behavior. Like with the justice system, if you hide a criminal you are in just as much trouble as they are.
Hey Scotty, read your bible...
"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.(NIV, Matthew 7:1-2)
Anubis

Glenwood, IL

#44829 Nov 14, 2013
The truth is the world is fucked up and gets worse every 10 years. People want to be gay, let em, they are gonna do it anyway. Its sick, to see people embracing things that they really know that is not right, they just want to be different. I was not brought up to accept homosexuality in my life, I still feel that way and want my kids to do the same. That's my opinion and I'm intitled to it just like a gay person is entitled to theirs. In generations to come, heterosexuals will deminish in numbers, due to the desires of man. We will be nothing but a mere memory. The GODS I believe in will return and set everything STRAIGHT. Just watch and see.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Free your mind”

Location hidden

#44830 Nov 14, 2013
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
AGIAN for the 100th time if you new how to comprehend your reading you would know that you are too judge people's actions!
So, either the bible contradicts itself, or you are lying. The verse I posted clearly said that you will be judged by the way you judge others. And you haven't told me anything about comprehension, I haven't spoken to you before.

“Free your mind”

Location hidden

#44831 Nov 14, 2013
Anubis wrote:
The truth is the world is fucked up and gets worse every 10 years. People want to be gay, let em, they are gonna do it anyway. Its sick, to see people embracing things that they really know that is not right, they just want to be different. I was not brought up to accept homosexuality in my life, I still feel that way and want my kids to do the same. That's my opinion and I'm intitled to it just like a gay person is entitled to theirs. In generations to come, heterosexuals will deminish in numbers, due to the desires of man. We will be nothing but a mere memory. The GODS I believe in will return and set everything STRAIGHT. Just watch and see.
Ummmm, the only way heterosexuals would diminish would be if they turned gay... not gonna happen. You are either gay or you are not, no one magically turns gay. There have always been around the same percentage of homosexuals throughout the history of human kind, and guess what? The whole population has never turned homosexual, and life goes on. And before you start the typical rant about homosexuals recruiting people, answer me this question... Could you wake up one day and be homosexual? No? That's what I thought... no one can choose to change their sexuality, they are who they are.
Anubis

Glenwood, IL

#44832 Nov 15, 2013
U sound very naive or ur just lookin for someone to argue with. At the rate the world is going, muthafuckas turning. Its all on the news, tv shows, and music. No u dumb ass, I said I don't support gay shit. I dont buy that you don't choose to be gay, that's bullshit. Their gay cuzz they want to be. I'm just saying, let them bury themselves just like everyone else who think they know better than the Most High. U people think you can do Gods job better than him or ur so fuckin brave, u might as well rebel against Gods law for mankind .

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#44840 Nov 15, 2013
well wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee Scott, can you tell me where in the Bible it says people who support equality are "going down"?
I know it does say a lot of things about what you are doing...none of them good.
It is asserted by many that in these modern sophisticated times, we are the first society to venture where previous cultures have been restrained by ignorance and bigotry. Through a perverted manipulation of the legal system and a growing cultural immorality, we have not only 'legalized' the murder of children but are now in the process of desecrating marriage. But are we the first society to assert these 'rights' and establish 'laws' regarding them? This is a deadly farce based on arrogance and denial. You are not going where no culture has gone before, you are following a course that has destroyed every culture on that same path. Leviticus 18:1-3 (NASB) 1 Then the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, 2 "Speak to the sons of Israel and say to them,'I am the LORD your God. 3 ~'You shall not do what is done in the land of Egypt where you lived, nor are you to do what is done in the land of Canaan where I am bringing you; you shall not walk in their statutes. Please note that the word 'statutes' means, something prescribed, an enactment, statute:--New American Standard Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible. Simply put; A formal law of the culture. The question then becomes, what were those old 'laws' that God prohibited? A list concludes with three; Leviticus 18:21-23 (NASB) 21 ~'You shall not give any of your offspring to offer them to Molech, nor shall you profane the name of your God; I am the LORD. 22 ~'You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination. 23 ~'Also you shall not have intercourse with any animal to be defiled with it, nor shall any woman stand before an animal to mate with it; it is a perversion. Simply put, those were laws legally allowing child sacrifice, sodomy and beastality. What is the consequence of a society legally embracing those things? Leviticus 18:24-25 (NASB) 24 'Do not defile yourselves by any of these things; for by all these the nations which I am casting out before you have become defiled. 25 ~'For the land has become defiled, therefore I have brought its punishment upon it, so the land has spewed out its inhabitants. I know you claim these words are not words of God, but simply words of man, distorted by translations and time. To me, however, they are then, all the more poignant. How is it that words of fiction expose repeated history and affirm your arrogance? You are determined to repeat the perversion of law, but deny the historic reality of it's consequences.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#44841 Nov 15, 2013
TXgurl wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Scotty, read your bible...
"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.(NIV, Matthew 7:1-2)
Scotty's not judging you. God's Word is judging you.

Marriage is between a man and a woman.

Matthew 19

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#44842 Nov 15, 2013
TXgurl wrote:
<quoted text>
So, either the bible contradicts itself, or you are lying. The verse I posted clearly said that you will be judged by the way you judge others. And you haven't told me anything about comprehension, I haven't spoken to you before.
You are confusing self-righteousness with rightly judging and discerning.

This while you self-righteously judge Scotty.

Smile.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

#44844 Nov 15, 2013
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't have the ability to choose which gender we are naturally attracted to, we can only choose how we live.

And many gay folks choose to live with a life-mate and spouse, and form families. This is not odd, since most of our parents taught us to value and seek out such things.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

#44845 Nov 15, 2013
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
AGIAN for the 100th time if you new how to comprehend your reading you would know that you are too judge people's actions!
And the actions here are falling in love, marrying, and forming families. Why are these things desirable only if you can be attracted to the opposite gender? And if they are not desirable for gay folks, why do you straight people teach it to children? Some of those kids are gay, after all, and they are listening.

Doesn't having two separate standards of behavior for gay and straight people seem a little foolish to you?
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#44846 Nov 15, 2013
Go back to sleep now.
TXgurl wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummmm, the only way heterosexuals would diminish would be if they turned gay... not gonna happen. You are either gay or you are not, no one magically turns gay. There have always been around the same percentage of homosexuals throughout the history of human kind, and guess what? The whole population has never turned homosexual, and life goes on. And before you start the typical rant about homosexuals recruiting people, answer me this question... Could you wake up one day and be homosexual? No? That's what I thought... no one can choose to change their sexuality, they are who they are.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#44847 Nov 15, 2013
Go sleep it off.
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't have the ability to choose which gender we are naturally attracted to, we can only choose how we live.
And many gay folks choose to live with a life-mate and spouse, and form families. This is not odd, since most of our parents taught us to value and seek out such things.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#44848 Nov 15, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
You do have the ability, you just choose to do your thing that's all. As far as raising a family you are teaching the kids the wrong message wether you choose to believe it or not that is disfunction at its best. Unfair to the kids my heart really goes out to them. Also the kids growing up these days. The parents are trying to teach them the ways of right and wrong and people like you are messing it up. In fact you are messing up the whole family value system.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#44849 Nov 15, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
And still, ss couples are only ever mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered halves of marriage.
Ss marriage is an oxymoron.
<quoted text>
Do you know why what I said matters?
Because it is not an opinion. And it disillusions you, exposing your denial.
It's an opinion, a stupid one, and it exposed nothing. You remain a complete and utter jackass. Nothing more.
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#44850 Nov 15, 2013
Speaking of jackasses. I see have not seek help for your obsession issues.
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's an opinion, a stupid one, and it exposed nothing. You remain a complete and utter jackass. Nothing more.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#44851 Nov 15, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
1. I wasn't talking about all gays, I was talking about you. How many relationships have you had?
I appreciate your interest, but I'm already taken dear. I'm married, and my relationship will be 23 years next month. The relationship is stronger then ever and it survived for 21 years without a piece of paper. thank you for the opportunity to prove yet again that you don't know a damn thing that you pretend to talk about.

Is there any other personal information you would like to know Gregory Kirschmann? Given that your repetitious nonsense has gotten you know where other than to prove your a pervert cur, I'm assuming it's time to try the personal attacks. You fundies are so predictable.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
2. Actually, we were talking about faithfulness. This is what I responded to;
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I did yesterday when you were asked to show how you supposedly know that married gays will be less faithful then married straight people...
Your anger and denial is only making you stupid. Again.
I haven't denied anything cur. You haven't presented anything that would require denial. Your posts only confirm what an idiot you are.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 5 min J RULES 68,990
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 min Brian_G 46,316
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr edogxxx 97,934
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 1 hr SLY WEST 299
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 1 hr SLY WEST 7,749
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr SLY WEST 570
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Yeah 1,100,230
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr wojar 177,384
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000