Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52052 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#44163 Nov 6, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
"You hear the argument frequently that when gay marriage is declared a self-evident civil right, then how, in principle, can three fundamentalist Mormons or three Arabs be denied their rights to be married, too? Easy -- They are fundamentalist Mormons.
Look, principles don't have anything to do with it. It's a popularity contest. Gays are popular and Mormons aren't. Polygamous fundamentalist Mormons are extremely unpopular, so nobody is going to do anything for them.
Okay, but can Arabs be denied their rights? Not so easy, but it can still be done: They are Arabs. Ultimately, though, polgyamy has a secret weapon: polygamous immigrant Africans.
So, eventually, the question will become: Can blacks be denied their rights? What with America's dark history of racist brutality and all?
Now that is exactly the kind of question that America ultimately gives in on."
-Steve Sailor
...and you are just gullible enough to suck that all down as fact, aren't you?

What kind of scientist never fact checks?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#44164 Nov 6, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you say roving gangs of sex starved young men high on testosterone wreaking havoc and disintegrating society in their search for wives because one rich handsome guy married every single woman?
can you say empirical data?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#44167 Nov 6, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Since when has the First Amendment stopped Islam? Huh? Stopped Islam from doing what? Do you mean like infiltrating one of the political parties and then attempting to hijack it to serve their religious agenda? We already have that here in America. They're called evangelical Christians. And they have brought the GOP down to its worst approval rating ever.
I think your brains just pooped out.

I mean really. Don't flush!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#44168 Nov 6, 2013
Real marriage has always been and will always be a committed relationship between one man and one woman. Demanding it ain't so doesn't make it so.

It is the only relationship that reproduces naturally, a father and mother raising their children.

It is the only relationship that is the birthing place of every single other type of relationship.

It is the only relationship that reunites two completely unique parts. A complimentary union, instead of a duplicated half.

It is the only relationship that sexually fit together by design. There is no abusive violation of design.

It is the only relationship that restores a male and female to the very original roots of our creation, pre-gender.

It is the only union that blends two different genders bringing perfect balance. A same gender union lacks diversity and is off balance.

All this says nothing about the cultural, historic and religious distinctions that marriage wholly embraces.

It clearly has, needs and deserves a special and unique definition. It is absurd and sacrilegious to equate ss couples.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Defendor

Blue Island, IL

#44170 Nov 6, 2013
Who the hell do these gays think they are?

Last time I checked this is a free country and those gays have no right to take our freedoms away by having the those same freedoms.

Take our country back.
Scott

United States

#44172 Nov 7, 2013
mahz wrote:
<quoted text>
Always one man, one woman huh? Goddamn are you dumb boy. Obviously you have never read your bible. It is rife with polygamy. See Solomon. Hell, in Wisconsin threre is still an archaic law on the books that allows you marry your house. Once again you go spouting off and make yourself look like a fool.
I think you need to read your BIBLE! What happened to Solomon?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#44173 Nov 7, 2013
mahz wrote:
<quoted text>
Always one man, one woman huh? Goddamn are you dumb boy. Obviously you have never read your bible. It is rife with polygamy. See Solomon. Hell, in Wisconsin threre is still an archaic law on the books that allows you marry your house. Once again you go spouting off and make yourself look like a fool.
You are short sighted. The Bible notes all kinds of things that are wrong.

However, the very first relationship it notes is a marriage between a man and a woman.

Jesus quotes the same passage. Marriage between a man and a woman.

Paul notes the exact same truth.

You said something about a fool, fool?

Smirk.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#44175 Nov 7, 2013
AGENDAFOOL: see below
mahz wrote:
<quoted text>

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Wynnona

Melrose Park, IL

#44176 Nov 7, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently polygamy is not one of those things.

Location hidden

#44177 Nov 7, 2013
Wynnona wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently polygamy is not one of those things.
Oh please, tell us what you mean.

Smirk.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#44178 Nov 7, 2013
CDC wrote:
AGENDAFOOL: see below
<quoted text>
AGENDABIGOT

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#44179 Nov 7, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Real marriage has always been and will always be a committed relationship between one man and one woman. Demanding it ain't so doesn't make it so.
It is the only relationship that reproduces naturally, a father and mother raising their children.
It is the only relationship that is the birthing place of every single other type of relationship.
It is the only relationship that reunites two completely unique parts. A complimentary union, instead of a duplicated half.
It is the only relationship that sexually fit together by design. There is no abusive violation of design.
It is the only relationship that restores a male and female to the very original roots of our creation, pre-gender.
It is the only union that blends two different genders bringing perfect balance. A same gender union lacks diversity and is off balance.
All this says nothing about the cultural, historic and religious distinctions that marriage wholly embraces.
It clearly has, needs and deserves a special and unique definition. It is absurd and sacrilegious to equate ss couples.
Baseless repetition. The argument of idiots.
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#44180 Nov 7, 2013
WRONG!!!!
I support same sex marriage.

On the other hand I "hate" the a-hole agendists on this thread.

I'll ask AGAIN: You're are getting what you want. Why even bother with this silly thread?

I'm here to put a-holes like you in their place!!!!!
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
AGENDABIGOT

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#44181 Nov 7, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh look, the catty bitch Kuntmare is praising his buybull again!!! Tell us dear, where in your silly book does your god condemn slavery or even state that it is an abhorrent practice?

Smirk.
Wynnona

Melrose Park, IL

#44182 Nov 7, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please, tell us what you mean.
Smirk.
I mean you're avoiding the fact that polygamy is not denounced in the Bible.
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#44183 Nov 7, 2013
Typical a-hole agendist stomping on other peoples religious beliefs.
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Baseless repetition. The argument of idiots.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#44184 Nov 7, 2013
CDC wrote:
WRONG!!!!
I support same sex marriage.
On the other hand I "hate" the a-hole agendists on this thread.
I'll ask AGAIN: You're are getting what you want. Why even bother with this silly thread?
I'm here to put a-holes like you in their place!!!!!
<quoted text>
LOL Sounds like an agenda....
Political Strategy

Maywood, IL

#44185 Nov 7, 2013
Nothing more than a political strategy to save Quinn and the dems.
The pubic is fed up with all of the politicians.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#44186 Nov 7, 2013
Wynnona wrote:
<quoted text>
I mean you're avoiding the fact that polygamy is not denounced in the Bible.
Kuntmare avoids pretty much everything. He doesn't address points. He avoids specifics and simply cowardly redirects with more questions. He's like a catty old woman, except he's cowardly old man. When he's not avoiding specifics he's cutting and pasting his previous posts ad nauseum. He's too stupid to address specifics so he falls back on previously debunked posts.

He's very sad and an embarrassment to humanity.

Location hidden

#44188 Nov 7, 2013
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you need to read your BIBLE! What happened to Solomon?
Will knowing what happened to him alter the fact that he had numerous wives and that the bible never condemns this practice?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 35 min Go fish 1,703,364
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr _FLATLINE-------- 2,773
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Intrepid Surfer 11,931
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr U_Nil_ Name 243,313
Florida shooter is White Nationalist scum 6 hr Lulz 6
SPOONS.............gime dem Spoons. 7 hr Hillbilly Heaven 4
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 hr SAUCY FART 64,450

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages