Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS2

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Comments
37,841 - 37,860 of 48,935 Comments Last updated 5 min ago
Ben K

South Elgin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

Enough wrote:
Never thought so in the past but think so now. The media is DEFINITELY liberal.
Of course it is dummy. Part of the media's purpose is to inform and bring attention to any issue that the public may be interested enough to pay for, through advertising or otherwise... that in itself is a liberal behavior. But pay attention to the news lately, even the liberal outlets are bashing the Obama administration about the web site. The media's will always take the side of their customers, the public, when it comes down to it. Thats not a "conservitive" behavior.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
It is asserted by many that in these modern sophisticated times, we are the first society to venture where previous cultures have been restrained by ignorance and bigotry. Through a perverted manipulation of the legal system and a growing cultural immorality, we have not only 'legalized' the murder of children but are now in the process of desecrating marriage. But are we the first society to assert these 'rights' and establish 'laws' regarding them? This is a deadly farce based on arrogance and denial. You are not going where no culture has gone before, you are following a course that has destroyed every culture on that same path. Leviticus 18:1-3 (NASB) 1 Then the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, 2 "Speak to the sons of Israel and say to them,'I am the LORD your God. 3 ~'You shall not do what is done in the land of Egypt where you lived, nor are you to do what is done in the land of Canaan where I am bringing you; you shall not walk in their statutes. Please note that the word 'statutes' means, something prescribed, an enactment, statute:--New American Standard Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible. Simply put; A formal law of the culture. The question then becomes, what were those old 'laws' that God prohibited? A list concludes with three; Leviticus 18:21-23 (NASB) 21 ~'You shall not give any of your offspring to offer them to Molech, nor shall you profane the name of your God; I am the LORD. 22 ~'You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination. 23 ~'Also you shall not have intercourse with any animal to be defiled with it, nor shall any woman stand before an animal to mate with it; it is a perversion. Simply put, those were laws legally allowing child sacrifice, sodomy and beastality. What is the consequence of a society legally embracing those things? Leviticus 18:24-25 (NASB) 24 'Do not defile yourselves by any of these things; for by all these the nations which I am casting out before you have become defiled. 25 ~'For the land has become defiled, therefore I have brought its punishment upon it, so the land has spewed out its inhabitants. I know you claim these words are not words of God, but simply words of man, distorted by translations and time. To me, however, they are then, all the more poignant. How is it that words of fiction expose repeated history and affirm your arrogance? You are determined to repeat the perversion of law, but deny the historic reality of it's consequences.
Smile.
<quoted text>
Show me where I said I am a son of Israel, or a Christian and a Jew at the same time?
In your 'deductive reasoning', if someone quotes Looney Tunes that makes them a cartoon character?
LOL.
What an idiot.
<quoted text>
Having trouble defending your stupidity, so you shift to idiotic?
Too funny.
You are just a dumb ass punk.
Smile.
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
...and you are merely an uneducated liar, and not a very good one at that.
Digging into dumb aren't you.

Snicker.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're arguing that I should answer a loaded question? Get a grip.
I will but only if you do first. Why are you so interested in vaginas?
I bet that avoidance bullshit worked for you socially in high school.....

but honestly, I don't know how you got through school with your obvious inability to follow a narrative and trying to hide it by changing the subject. Vaginas? Really?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
It is asserted by many that in these modern sophisticated times, we are the first society to venture where previous cultures have been restrained by ignorance and bigotry. Through a perverted manipulation of the legal system and a growing cultural immorality, we have not only 'legalized' the murder of children but are now in the process of desecrating marriage. But are we the first society to assert these 'rights' and establish 'laws' regarding them? This is a deadly farce based on arrogance and denial. You are not going where no culture has gone before, you are following a course that has destroyed every culture on that same path. Leviticus 18:1-3 (NASB) 1 Then the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, 2 "Speak to the sons of Israel and say to them,'I am the LORD your God. 3 ~'You shall not do what is done in the land of Egypt where you lived, nor are you to do what is done in the land of Canaan where I am bringing you; you shall not walk in their statutes. Please note that the word 'statutes' means, something prescribed, an enactment, statute:--New American Standard Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible. Simply put; A formal law of the culture. The question then becomes, what were those old 'laws' that God prohibited? A list concludes with three; Leviticus 18:21-23 (NASB) 21 ~'You shall not give any of your offspring to offer them to Molech, nor shall you profane the name of your God; I am the LORD. 22 ~'You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination. 23 ~'Also you shall not have intercourse with any animal to be defiled with it, nor shall any woman stand before an animal to mate with it; it is a perversion. Simply put, those were laws legally allowing child sacrifice, sodomy and beastality. What is the consequence of a society legally embracing those things? Leviticus 18:24-25 (NASB) 24 'Do not defile yourselves by any of these things; for by all these the nations which I am casting out before you have become defiled. 25 ~'For the land has become defiled, therefore I have brought its punishment upon it, so the land has spewed out its inhabitants. I know you claim these words are not words of God, but simply words of man, distorted by translations and time. To me, however, they are then, all the more poignant. How is it that words of fiction expose repeated history and affirm your arrogance? You are determined to repeat the perversion of law, but deny the historic reality of it's consequences.
Smile.
<quoted text>
Show me where I said I am a son of Israel, or a Christian and a Jew at the same time?
In your 'deductive reasoning', if someone quotes Looney Tunes that makes them a cartoon character?
LOL.
What an idiot.
<quoted text>
Having trouble defending your stupidity, so you shift to idiotic?
Too funny.
You are just a dumb ass punk.
Smile.
<quoted text>
Digging into dumb aren't you.
Snicker.
Then the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, "Speak to the sons of Israel and say to them,

So you think god was talking to YOU? Are you a son of Israel or not?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
but honestly, I don't know how you got through school with your obvious inability to follow a narrative and trying to hide it by changing the subject. Vaginas? Really?
Yeah. Vaginas. You said I must be real interested in d!cks to try to insult me, so I turned it around on you and you're too stupid to even get it. Ask for help.
CDC

Columbia, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

Now don't go hurting me feelings.
You know how sensitive I am.
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Riiiiight.....
telling someone they are already dead and in hell is a joke. ARE YOU ANN COULTER????
Even circus clowns can backpeddle, loser.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Then the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, "Speak to the sons of Israel and say to them,
So you think god was talking to YOU? Are you a son of Israel or not?
And the LORD said to Frankie "Speak to that jackass X-Box and say to him he is a dope."
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
So how was your play this afternoon? Hope I didn't ruin it for you.
I know you were very upset after having a public meltdown from reading my posts.

We're you acting in it or just in the audience? Maybe you shouldn't log on to Topix before a performance. You know how it upsets you.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone says to me "Why are you so interested in d!cks?" I say back "why are you so interested in vaginas?" and X-Box doesn't get why I mention vaginas. Not only that, then he says I can't follow a narrative! That's why I like the silly jackass.

Ah good times.
CDC

Columbia, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

And the light of the LORD shined upon Frankie.
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
And the LORD said to Frankie "Speak to that jackass X-Box and say to him he is a dope."
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

Vaginas wrote:
Yes Frankie we know you love boners of all shapes and sizes and COLORS so why don't you talk your punk ass back to an alley and find you a homeless man to play with.
Relax tough guy. Mellow out.

Are you saying someone who likes d!cks is bad? I mean, I don't get it but I don't think it's bad. What are you going to do? You like d!ck, go for it! But it's kind of silly to try to use it as an insult against me. I like females.

So to sum up. Gay OK! But Frankie not gay. Which is OK too! Right fruitloops? Alright. Relax.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

CDC wrote:
And the light of the LORD shined upon Frankie.
<quoted text>
Whiskey and hot sexy women are all the proof I need that there is a God and that he loves me.

Ah good times.
well

Antioch, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

Hey Frankie...guess what, I went to the Union City CA Topix forum and this thread isn't listed there, nor the Gay Cafe one. What gives? I thought you said they were there...You wouldn't lie, would you?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

well wrote:
Hey Frankie...guess what, I went to the Union City CA Topix forum and this thread isn't listed there, nor the Gay Cafe one. What gives? I thought you said they were there...You wouldn't lie, would you?
Nope. That's not how I see it. I don't see it listed as a "gay thread" I see it as a public thread listed with all the other threads I frequent.

But what is the point in all this? That the thread is only for gays? That my opinion is less worthy because I am straight? I'm lying therefore I'm wrong about supporting marriage equality?

You wouldn't lie to me right?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

The bottom line is I support marriage equality and hypocrites like "well" do not. So they get angry and look for an angle. Like I'm lying. Or I'm stupid, etc.

Polygamy deserves the same respect and consideration as same sex marriage.
well

Antioch, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

Dear Frankie I have no problems with where you post...you are an equal opportunity harasser, but you harass gay people more. You hang out on the gay/lesbian news forum because you have made friends with the 12 year old homophobes...I won't begrudge you that.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

well wrote:
Dear Frankie I have no problems with where you post...you are an equal opportunity harasser, but you harass gay people more. You hang out on the gay/lesbian news forum because you have made friends with the 12 year old homophobes...I won't begrudge you that.
You have no problems with me except that you have a few problems with me. Priceless.

That's why I harass you silly jackasses. For stuff like that.

Hope that helps.
well

Antioch, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no problems with me except that you have a few problems with me. Priceless.
That's why I harass you silly jackasses. For stuff like that.
Hope that helps.
There goes your comprehension problems again... I didn't say I have no problems with YOU, I said I have no problem where you post, silly Frankie. Hope that helps...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

well wrote:
<quoted text>
There goes your comprehension problems again... I didn't say I have no problems with YOU, I said I have no problem where you post, silly Frankie. Hope that helps...
Right. You have no problem with where I post except you have a problem with where I post. I got it the first time. It is priceless though! Cheer up.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

Jerry wrote:
What time tonight will Jade awaken from his drunken stupor and crawl out of mom's basement to begin rating posts?
It seems his goon "well" is covering for him. Unless Old SniffButt Billy ($3 Bill) awoke from his drunken stupor already and is on the job feverishly rigging the judge-its. Good if you're gay. Bad if you're straight.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

112 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Jacques from Ottawa 174,907
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min RoxLo 1,081,925
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (May '09) 5 min Sgt Prepper 3,154
Amy 7-28 5 min Kuuipo 9
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Feb '09) 8 min Sgt Prepper 5,193
Mayor Rahm loses in primary election 16 min official cavalier store 6
Abby 7-28 30 min Kuuipo 10
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Mister Tonka 97,562
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 28 at 9:22AM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••