Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS2

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Comments (Page 1,888)

Showing posts 37,741 - 37,760 of47,034
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Mikey

Chatsworth, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Straights get divorced a lot. But gay marriage will show them how to do it right eh? It will fix that problem right? You're gonna show us how to do it!~rolling eyes~
Of course! But since the religious 'sanctity of straight marriage' is constantly held as an excuse to not allow gays marriage. This sheds a little light on the hypocritical subject.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
It is asserted by many that in these modern sophisticated times, we are the first society to venture where previous cultures have been restrained by ignorance and bigotry. Through a perverted manipulation of the legal system and a growing cultural immorality, we have not only 'legalized' the murder of children but are now in the process of desecrating marriage. But are we the first society to assert these 'rights' and establish 'laws' regarding them? This is a deadly farce based on arrogance and denial. You are not going where no culture has gone before, you are following a course that has destroyed every culture on that same path. Leviticus 18:1-3 (NASB) 1 Then the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, 2 "Speak to the sons of Israel and say to them,'I am the LORD your God. 3 ~'You shall not do what is done in the land of Egypt where you lived, nor are you to do what is done in the land of Canaan where I am bringing you; you shall not walk in their statutes. Please note that the word 'statutes' means, something prescribed, an enactment, statute:--New American Standard Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible. Simply put; A formal law of the culture. The question then becomes, what were those old 'laws' that God prohibited? A list concludes with three; Leviticus 18:21-23 (NASB) 21 ~'You shall not give any of your offspring to offer them to Molech, nor shall you profane the name of your God; I am the LORD. 22 ~'You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination. 23 ~'Also you shall not have intercourse with any animal to be defiled with it, nor shall any woman stand before an animal to mate with it; it is a perversion. Simply put, those were laws legally allowing child sacrifice, sodomy and beastality. What is the consequence of a society legally embracing those things? Leviticus 18:24-25 (NASB) 24 'Do not defile yourselves by any of these things; for by all these the nations which I am casting out before you have become defiled. 25 ~'For the land has become defiled, therefore I have brought its punishment upon it, so the land has spewed out its inhabitants. I know you claim these words are not words of God, but simply words of man, distorted by translations and time. To me, however, they are then, all the more poignant. How is it that words of fiction expose repeated history and affirm your arrogance? You are determined to repeat the perversion of law, but deny the historic reality of it's consequences.
Smile.
So now you're a "son of Israel,' eh? Your schizophrenia is interfering with your ability to distinguish reality.

BIG SMILE.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
Wow, what denial!
I accurately note that ss marriage has NEVER existed in ALL of human history in a SINGLE culture from start to finish.
You make the ridiculous assertion that this time it is here to stay.
The real question is, what power do you have to make that prediction?
Why do you feel it necessary to make a foolish assertion like that???
<quoted text>
Why the censoring of what I said? Can't handle the truth?
You use a radical distortion of the Constitution and law to assert that it is forever irreversible?
That depicts denial, not education idiot.
How am I censoring what you said? Your posts are gobbledegook. All I did was quote from a ruling by SCOTUS. If you have a problem with SCOTUS, go whine to them, you idiot.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

Obama is a homo wrote:
Nothing wrong with gay's just the whole thing man on man or women on women is weird. I thank God every day for my cute two little girls who came from my wife..<quoted text>
Really? Then why are you here rubbing elbows with the gay boys?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

Still Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope,simply not true LIAR! And NO matter how many times you post a lie it will never be true! Poor,poor little Flunky the LIAR! How long is that nose now Pinocchio? Growing by the minute! Again,I swear on my son's life I never said it! Prove it or STFU you broken down old goat! Go try to belittle someone else,won't work on me loser! Ah.....good times huh flunky? LOLOLOLOL
Ratso Rizzo is a pathological liar. He makes up so much bullshit that he can never remember it all to keep it straight. Add that to his drug addled brain and VOILA! Blankie, the idiot.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Then why are you here rubbing elbows with the gay boys?
'Cause you're so silly and warm and friendly and....well, GAY!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Ratso Rizzo is a pathological liar. He makes up so much bullshit that he can never remember it all to keep it straight. Add that to his drug addled brain and VOILA! Blankie, the idiot.
Another great argument from the loudmouthed joisey jackass! That's why I like to rub elbows with your sillyass. But that's it, as far as rubbing each other goes. Elbows only.

Even if I were drug addled, you'd still be stupid. And very angry.

YUK!YUK!YUK!~Whoop!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
It is asserted by many that in these modern sophisticated times, we are the first society to venture where previous cultures have been restrained by ignorance and bigotry. Through a perverted manipulation of the legal system and a growing cultural immorality, we have not only 'legalized' the murder of children but are now in the process of desecrating marriage. But are we the first society to assert these 'rights' and establish 'laws' regarding them? This is a deadly farce based on arrogance and denial. You are not going where no culture has gone before, you are following a course that has destroyed every culture on that same path. Leviticus 18:1-3 (NASB) 1 Then the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, 2 "Speak to the sons of Israel and say to them,'I am the LORD your God. 3 ~'You shall not do what is done in the land of Egypt where you lived, nor are you to do what is done in the land of Canaan where I am bringing you; you shall not walk in their statutes. Please note that the word 'statutes' means, something prescribed, an enactment, statute:--New American Standard Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible. Simply put; A formal law of the culture. The question then becomes, what were those old 'laws' that God prohibited? A list concludes with three; Leviticus 18:21-23 (NASB) 21 ~'You shall not give any of your offspring to offer them to Molech, nor shall you profane the name of your God; I am the LORD. 22 ~'You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination. 23 ~'Also you shall not have intercourse with any animal to be defiled with it, nor shall any woman stand before an animal to mate with it; it is a perversion. Simply put, those were laws legally allowing child sacrifice, sodomy and beastality. What is the consequence of a society legally embracing those things? Leviticus 18:24-25 (NASB) 24 'Do not defile yourselves by any of these things; for by all these the nations which I am casting out before you have become defiled. 25 ~'For the land has become defiled, therefore I have brought its punishment upon it, so the land has spewed out its inhabitants. I know you claim these words are not words of God, but simply words of man, distorted by translations and time. To me, however, they are then, all the more poignant. How is it that words of fiction expose repeated history and affirm your arrogance? You are determined to repeat the perversion of law, but deny the historic reality of it's consequences.
Smile.
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
So now you're a "son of Israel,' eh? Your schizophrenia is interfering with your ability to distinguish reality.
BIG SMILE.
Yeah, that's what it says.

Damn you are one dumb blonde!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
<quoted text>
X-Box is lots of fun. Tries to get by on angry ad hominem then gets even angrier when it doesn't work.
Poof

Cambridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
That's easy.
Your denomination is no longer mainstream and is quickly dying. Moreover, it is considered apostate by traditional Christianity.
Sharia Law has never created a just law anywhere. So in application it fails.
Basic Christian morality is common among cultures, proving as the Bible says that 'man has a law written on their hearts'.
That is what you are with a desperate foolishness trying to break free from.
But deep inside, you know you are wrong.
How easy was it to get your butt defrocked?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
That's easy.
Your denomination is no longer mainstream and is quickly dying. Moreover, it is considered apostate by traditional Christianity.
Sharia Law has never created a just law anywhere. So in application it fails.
Basic Christian morality is common among cultures, proving as the Bible says that 'man has a law written on their hearts'.
That is what you are with a desperate foolishness trying to break free from.
But deep inside, you know you are wrong.
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>How easy was it to get your butt defrocked?
Apparently not easy at all, hasn't happened yet.

Really got your goat, didn't I?

Smile.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

Poof wrote:
<quoted text>How easy was it to get your butt defrocked?
How about yourself? Easy? Did it hurt? Tell us about it Poof Daddy!
Scott

Joliet, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Which God? Would you be content living under Sharia law?
Or would you just like to make sure that everyone lives under YOUR personal interpretation of "God's Law"?
Who gets to decide? In my mainstream Christian denomination, gay folks can marry, so I think MY denomination gets to make the rules. Is that okay with you?
GODS LAW..... There is only one true GOD... Your mainstream Christianity isn't Christianity then. GODS LAW never changes.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
Leviticus 18:1-3 (NASB) 1 Then the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, 2 "Speak to the sons of Israel and say to them,'I am the LORD your God. 3 ~'You shall not do what is done in the land of Egypt where you blah, blah, blah and a bottle of rum."

Yes. That's what you wrote. So you're a son of Israel....A Christian and a Jew at the same time. Interesting.... you really ARE schizophrenic.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
GODS LAW..... There is only one true GOD... Your mainstream Christianity isn't Christianity then. GODS LAW never changes.
If that were the case, then EVERYBODY would be Christian, but no, your god is one of many.... hundreds, thousands of gods dreamed up on this planet.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
X-Box is lots of fun. Tries to get by on angry ad hominem then gets even angrier when it doesn't work.
Really? Because everyone knows that asking someone if they are a "son of Israel" is an ad hominem attack.... in an angry way.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Because everyone knows that asking someone if they are a "son of Israel" is an ad hominem attack.... in an angry way.
Now you are telling us none of your posts are ad hominen because that one maybe wasn't. Priceless.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. That's what you wrote. So you're a son of Israel....A Christian and a Jew at the same time. Interesting.... you really ARE schizophrenic.
Show me where I said I am a son of Israel, or a Christian and a Jew at the same time?

In your 'deductive reasoning', if someone quotes Looney Tunes that makes them a cartoon character?

LOL.

What an idiot.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

While evolution is the foundational force of biology, sex is the mortar that holds that foundation together. So advantageous is sex that despite the high biological cost of sex most macroscopic animals, including 99% of all vertebrates, reproduce sexually (Sites, 1993).

It is because sexual reproduction is so indispensable and so zealously selected for that the existence of homosexuality is a paradox.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

This theory is well-supported by observations of sexual behavior in the animal kingdom. As Denniston points out (1980), animal "homosexuality" is a misnomer, and really refers to bisexuality or"ambisexuality," or the behavior of mounting with animals of both sexes. Only in a few isolated species are any animals even occasionally preferentially homosexual (as in some primates, including Japanese macaques; see Small, 1993, p. 145; West, 1977, p. 116). The side effect model of homosexuality can explain many same-sex sexual behaviors, such as male mallard ducks and stickleback fish courting each other when deprived of females (West, 1977, p. 43; Denniston, 1980) and the frequent homosexuality in all-male groups of mountain gorillas (Yamagiwa, 1987). This model, suggesting evolution has favored a greater sex drive in males, is supported by observed masturbation rates: There are no known human cultures in which females masturbate more frequently than males. The same is true for non-human primates. Rhesus monkeys raised in isolation from their parents (to prevent learned behavior) showed higher masturbation rates in males, suggesting an innate difference in sex drive (Green, 1978).

The side effect model also helps explain why animals can be observed attempting copulations outside of their species, such as the European toad photographed clasping a "human finger as it would a female of its species" and an Australian beetle observed attempting copulation with a beer bottle (Alcock, 1984, p. 352). In captivity animals deprived of their natural mates will seek to copulate with unusual partners, such as the male brown hyena observed to frequently copulate with its water bowl, the chimpanzee which formed "a sexual relationship with a cat, and an immature female gorilla [which] showed pseudomale behavior toward a dog (Grier, 1984, p. 626). Animals clearly have powerful sex drives which may cause their copulatory behavior to be somewhat indiscriminate, an understandable side effect because animals don't copulate having made a conscious decision to pass on their genes.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 37,741 - 37,760 of47,034
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

48 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min harmonious 1,033,295
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 44 min litesong 42,960
Who Dodged the SHOE Better? 1 hr ThomasA 17
Song Title Game (Dec '11) 1 hr SLY WEST 1,020
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr loose cannon 96,071
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr _Zoey_ 4,026
Music Artists A to Z 1 hr _Zoey_ 90
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Poppo 167,498
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••