Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52074 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#43896 Nov 2, 2013
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
GODS LAW..... There is only one true GOD... Your mainstream Christianity isn't Christianity then. GODS LAW never changes.
If that were the case, then EVERYBODY would be Christian, but no, your god is one of many.... hundreds, thousands of gods dreamed up on this planet.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#43897 Nov 2, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
X-Box is lots of fun. Tries to get by on angry ad hominem then gets even angrier when it doesn't work.
Really? Because everyone knows that asking someone if they are a "son of Israel" is an ad hominem attack.... in an angry way.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#43898 Nov 2, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Because everyone knows that asking someone if they are a "son of Israel" is an ad hominem attack.... in an angry way.
Now you are telling us none of your posts are ad hominen because that one maybe wasn't. Priceless.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#43899 Nov 3, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
It is asserted by many that in these modern sophisticated times, we are the first society to venture where previous cultures have been restrained by ignorance and bigotry. Through a perverted manipulation of the legal system and a growing cultural immorality, we have not only 'legalized' the murder of children but are now in the process of desecrating marriage. But are we the first society to assert these 'rights' and establish 'laws' regarding them? This is a deadly farce based on arrogance and denial. You are not going where no culture has gone before, you are following a course that has destroyed every culture on that same path. Leviticus 18:1-3 (NASB) 1 Then the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, 2 "Speak to the sons of Israel and say to them,'I am the LORD your God. 3 ~'You shall not do what is done in the land of Egypt where you lived, nor are you to do what is done in the land of Canaan where I am bringing you; you shall not walk in their statutes. Please note that the word 'statutes' means, something prescribed, an enactment, statute:--New American Standard Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible. Simply put; A formal law of the culture. The question then becomes, what were those old 'laws' that God prohibited? A list concludes with three; Leviticus 18:21-23 (NASB) 21 ~'You shall not give any of your offspring to offer them to Molech, nor shall you profane the name of your God; I am the LORD. 22 ~'You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination. 23 ~'Also you shall not have intercourse with any animal to be defiled with it, nor shall any woman stand before an animal to mate with it; it is a perversion. Simply put, those were laws legally allowing child sacrifice, sodomy and beastality. What is the consequence of a society legally embracing those things? Leviticus 18:24-25 (NASB) 24 'Do not defile yourselves by any of these things; for by all these the nations which I am casting out before you have become defiled. 25 ~'For the land has become defiled, therefore I have brought its punishment upon it, so the land has spewed out its inhabitants. I know you claim these words are not words of God, but simply words of man, distorted by translations and time. To me, however, they are then, all the more poignant. How is it that words of fiction expose repeated history and affirm your arrogance? You are determined to repeat the perversion of law, but deny the historic reality of it's consequences.
Smile.
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. That's what you wrote. So you're a son of Israel....A Christian and a Jew at the same time. Interesting.... you really ARE schizophrenic.
Show me where I said I am a son of Israel, or a Christian and a Jew at the same time?

In your 'deductive reasoning', if someone quotes Looney Tunes that makes them a cartoon character?

LOL.

What an idiot.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#43900 Nov 3, 2013
While evolution is the foundational force of biology, sex is the mortar that holds that foundation together. So advantageous is sex that despite the high biological cost of sex most macroscopic animals, including 99% of all vertebrates, reproduce sexually (Sites, 1993).

It is because sexual reproduction is so indispensable and so zealously selected for that the existence of homosexuality is a paradox.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#43901 Nov 3, 2013
This theory is well-supported by observations of sexual behavior in the animal kingdom. As Denniston points out (1980), animal "homosexuality" is a misnomer, and really refers to bisexuality or"ambisexuality," or the behavior of mounting with animals of both sexes. Only in a few isolated species are any animals even occasionally preferentially homosexual (as in some primates, including Japanese macaques; see Small, 1993, p. 145; West, 1977, p. 116). The side effect model of homosexuality can explain many same-sex sexual behaviors, such as male mallard ducks and stickleback fish courting each other when deprived of females (West, 1977, p. 43; Denniston, 1980) and the frequent homosexuality in all-male groups of mountain gorillas (Yamagiwa, 1987). This model, suggesting evolution has favored a greater sex drive in males, is supported by observed masturbation rates: There are no known human cultures in which females masturbate more frequently than males. The same is true for non-human primates. Rhesus monkeys raised in isolation from their parents (to prevent learned behavior) showed higher masturbation rates in males, suggesting an innate difference in sex drive (Green, 1978).

The side effect model also helps explain why animals can be observed attempting copulations outside of their species, such as the European toad photographed clasping a "human finger as it would a female of its species" and an Australian beetle observed attempting copulation with a beer bottle (Alcock, 1984, p. 352). In captivity animals deprived of their natural mates will seek to copulate with unusual partners, such as the male brown hyena observed to frequently copulate with its water bowl, the chimpanzee which formed "a sexual relationship with a cat, and an immature female gorilla [which] showed pseudomale behavior toward a dog (Grier, 1984, p. 626). Animals clearly have powerful sex drives which may cause their copulatory behavior to be somewhat indiscriminate, an understandable side effect because animals don't copulate having made a conscious decision to pass on their genes.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#43902 Nov 3, 2013
KiMare wrote:
This theory is well-supported by observations of sexual behavior in the animal kingdom. As Denniston points out (1980), animal "homosexuality" is a misnomer, and really refers to bisexuality or"ambisexuality," or the behavior of mounting with animals of both sexes. Only in a few isolated species are any animals even occasionally preferentially homosexual (as in some primates, including Japanese macaques; see Small, 1993, p. 145; West, 1977, p. 116). The side effect model of homosexuality can explain many same-sex sexual behaviors, such as male mallard ducks and stickleback fish courting each other when deprived of females (West, 1977, p. 43; Denniston, 1980) and the frequent homosexuality in all-male groups of mountain gorillas (Yamagiwa, 1987). This model, suggesting evolution has favored a greater sex drive in males, is supported by observed masturbation rates: There are no known human cultures in which females masturbate more frequently than males. The same is true for non-human primates. Rhesus monkeys raised in isolation from their parents (to prevent learned behavior) showed higher masturbation rates in males, suggesting an innate difference in sex drive (Green, 1978).
The side effect model also helps explain why animals can be observed attempting copulations outside of their species, such as the European toad photographed clasping a "human finger as it would a female of its species" and an Australian beetle observed attempting copulation with a beer bottle (Alcock, 1984, p. 352). In captivity animals deprived of their natural mates will seek to copulate with unusual partners, such as the male brown hyena observed to frequently copulate with its water bowl, the chimpanzee which formed "a sexual relationship with a cat, and an immature female gorilla [which] showed pseudomale behavior toward a dog (Grier, 1984, p. 626). Animals clearly have powerful sex drives which may cause their copulatory behavior to be somewhat indiscriminate, an understandable side effect because animals don't copulate having made a conscious decision to pass on their genes.
Nice, so this is the kind of stuff you masturbate to, I'd think you'd Identify more with snails, pervert..

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#43903 Nov 3, 2013
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
GODS LAW..... There is only one true GOD... Your mainstream Christianity isn't Christianity then. GODS LAW never changes.
So, YOUR denomination is the only true one?

Do we get to vote on that? I believe mine is the only true one, and I think my neighbor believes we should all be Catholic.

How will the government decide?
David

Joliet, IL

#43904 Nov 3, 2013
Catholic does not support SS marriage.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#43905 Nov 3, 2013
David wrote:
Catholic does not support SS marriage.
I know, it's crimps the priests style...
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#43906 Nov 3, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
If that were the case, then EVERYBODY would be Christian, but no, your god is one of many.... hundreds, thousands of gods dreamed up on this planet.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#43907 Nov 3, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice, so this is the kind of stuff I masturbate to, You'd think I Identify more with snails, pervert..
Fixed it for ya'.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#43908 Nov 3, 2013
YUK!YUK!YUK!~Whoop!~Whoop! Ah good times.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#43909 Nov 3, 2013
Mikey doesn't like it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#43910 Nov 3, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
It is asserted by many that in these modern sophisticated times, we are the first society to venture where previous cultures have been restrained by ignorance and bigotry. Through a perverted manipulation of the legal system and a growing cultural immorality, we have not only 'legalized' the murder of children but are now in the process of desecrating marriage. But are we the first society to assert these 'rights' and establish 'laws' regarding them? This is a deadly farce based on arrogance and denial. You are not going where no culture has gone before, you are following a course that has destroyed every culture on that same path. Leviticus 18:1-3 (NASB) 1 Then the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, 2 "Speak to the sons of Israel and say to them,'I am the LORD your God. 3 ~'You shall not do what is done in the land of Egypt where you lived, nor are you to do what is done in the land of Canaan where I am bringing you; you shall not walk in their statutes. Please note that the word 'statutes' means, something prescribed, an enactment, statute:--New American Standard Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible. Simply put; A formal law of the culture. The question then becomes, what were those old 'laws' that God prohibited? A list concludes with three; Leviticus 18:21-23 (NASB) 21 ~'You shall not give any of your offspring to offer them to Molech, nor shall you profane the name of your God; I am the LORD. 22 ~'You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination. 23 ~'Also you shall not have intercourse with any animal to be defiled with it, nor shall any woman stand before an animal to mate with it; it is a perversion. Simply put, those were laws legally allowing child sacrifice, sodomy and beastality. What is the consequence of a society legally embracing those things? Leviticus 18:24-25 (NASB) 24 'Do not defile yourselves by any of these things; for by all these the nations which I am casting out before you have become defiled. 25 ~'For the land has become defiled, therefore I have brought its punishment upon it, so the land has spewed out its inhabitants. I know you claim these words are not words of God, but simply words of man, distorted by translations and time. To me, however, they are then, all the more poignant. How is it that words of fiction expose repeated history and affirm your arrogance? You are determined to repeat the perversion of law, but deny the historic reality of it's consequences.
Smile.
<quoted text>
Show me where I said I am a son of Israel, or a Christian and a Jew at the same time?
In your 'deductive reasoning', if someone quotes Looney Tunes that makes them a cartoon character?
LOL.
What an idiot.
There's a quote from loony toons that covers you perfectly: "What a maroon."

Do you follow all the rules that 'god' laid out for Israel THOUSANDS of years ago, or do you just use that as a pretext for your bullshit?

Funny how there is no record of Moses anywhere except for the Buybull.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#43911 Nov 3, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you follow all the rules that 'god' laid out for Israel THOUSANDS of years ago, or do you just use that as a pretext for your bullshit?
Why don't you spell bible correctly like a big girl?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#43912 Nov 3, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
<quoted text>
LOL.
What an idiot.
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Having trouble defending your stupidity, so you shift to idiotic?

Too funny.

You are just a dumb ass punk.

Smile.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#43913 Nov 3, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are just a dumb ass punk.
Smile.
That's the same conclusion I came to regarding X-Box. Sums up her schtick nicely. Short, eloquent, concise. No need to expound on it much. I like it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Poof

Rock Island, IL

#43914 Nov 3, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
That's easy.
Your denomination is no longer mainstream and is quickly dying. Moreover, it is considered apostate by traditional Christianity.
Sharia Law has never created a just law anywhere. So in application it fails.
Basic Christian morality is common among cultures, proving as the Bible says that 'man has a law written on their hearts'.
That is what you are with a desperate foolishness trying to break free from.
But deep inside, you know you are wrong.
<quoted text>
Apparently not easy at all, hasn't happened yet.
Really got your goat, didn't I?
Smile.
Greg, don't be a liar. Say how's the sod laying going? Do you use the same rails that where used when you where ran out of Hawaii? Its not all your fault, you did not know that the Rockford Seminary College was not accredited. Its not your fault that Embezzlement of church funds is illegal. Hey a pastor has to keep his biatches in gin and juice don't he?

Location hidden

#43915 Nov 3, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
That's easy.
Your denomination is no longer mainstream and is quickly dying. Moreover, it is considered apostate by traditional Christianity.
Sharia Law has never created a just law anywhere. So in application it fails.
Basic Christian morality is common among cultures, proving as the Bible says that 'man has a law written on their hearts'.
That is what you are with a desperate foolishness trying to break free from.
But deep inside, you know you are wrong.
<quoted text>
Apparently not easy at all, hasn't happened yet.
Really got your goat, didn't I?
Smile.
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>Greg, don't be a liar. Say how's the sod laying going? Do you use the same rails that where used when you where ran out of Hawaii? Its not all your fault, you did not know that the Rockford Seminary College was not accredited. Its not your fault that Embezzlement of church funds is illegal. Hey a pastor has to keep his biatches in gin and juice don't he?
So says poof the gay troll.

Here, play with this;

While evolution is the foundational force of biology, sex is the mortar that holds that foundation together. So advantageous is sex that despite the high biological cost of sex most macroscopic animals, including 99% of all vertebrates, reproduce sexually (Sites, 1993).

It is because sexual reproduction is so indispensable and so zealously selected for that the existence of homosexuality is a paradox.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
River North. A horrible TERRIBLE, Extremely ba... 3 min Chiraq 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 31 min Earthling-1 60,657
Chicago has the Worst Women 46 min Chiraq 33
News Swim ban lifted at some Chicago-area beaches 1 hr Chiraq 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr sambo 219,332
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr Yeah 1,403,354
the larry meber political forum (Jun '11) 3 hr Mr X Lax 79
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 hr Juan Schanahan 103,115

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages