Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS2

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Comments
37,681 - 37,700 of 49,274 Comments Last updated 8 hrs ago
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not just a pervert, you really are an idiot.
Well this idiot isn't a weak minded one that believes your BS. Your too obvious, inferiority complex over compensating by bashing gays to feel superior with a little closet queen mixed in..sick.
zach

Carterville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

to the person saying gay people are at higher risk of HIV. I have to say from experience that i am gay and do not have HIV, however i know a straight GIRL who was given it by her CHEATING STRAIGHT boyfriend. Just saying.
zach

Carterville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

sic wrote:
I fill everyone is born straight. things happen in a persons life that turns a person gay
i use to wonder if this was true but honestly it is not i cant think of a time when anything happened to me that would have turned me gay at all. I have honestly triend and cant think of a single time

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

Poof wrote:
<quoted text>You have been defrocked. Tossed to the curb, hung out to dry, ran out of town on a rail, tared and feathered.
That's a lie.

Here is the truth.

Marriage has been present in every single culture in human history from start to finish. For 10 million years!

SS couples have been called 'married' in how many cultures from start to finish in that time? Get ready!

Zero. None. Zip. Not a single one.

Smile.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Well this idiot isn't a weak minded one...
So you're saying you are a strong minded idiot.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a lie.
Here is the truth.
Marriage has been present in every single culture in human history from start to finish. For 10 million years!
SS couples have been called 'married' in how many cultures from start to finish in that time? Get ready!
Smile.
Quit living in the past, Hunty. SSM is here for good. What powers do you have to stop that?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a lie.
Here is the truth.
Smile.
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit living in the past, Hunty. SSM is here for good. What powers do you have to stop that?
Wow, what denial!

I accurately note that ss marriage has NEVER existed in ALL of human history in a SINGLE culture from start to finish.

You make the ridiculous assertion that this time it is here to stay.

The real question is, what power do you have to make that prediction?

Why do you feel it necessary to make a foolish assertion like that???
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying you are a strong minded idiot.
Sure...rather that than an old sadistic one.
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

Why would one not know any relevant history?......Roman, Mesopotamia, Greek, Egyptian...Inca!.. Where are the Lions?

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

et vobis?

You can't do sh1t about it. Learn to let it go, monster.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
As you note, you have a (fallacious) piece of paper, but in the real world, ss marriage is an oxymoron.
You know this.
Like your fraudulent poly-marriage? You lied about your psychotic inner lesbian by your lack of disclosure.

Lied to get a marriage certificate......
Lied to get three signatures on a sanity certificate......

To think that you can't imagine why you lack credibility here. Go figure.

Your a faux-Christian and a pretty crappy person to boot.

But, on the bright side, you'll be happy to know that I'm still fully and legally married with the same rights, responsibilities and privileges that you have.

Pretty awesome, eh?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure...rather that than an old sadistic one.
Sadistic eh?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
Not power... education. We know that the State cannot grant a civil right and then take it away without reason. All you wing-nuts with your IT'S THE END OF CIVILIZATION bullshit get laughed at in Court.

Why on earth would it be in the State's interest to take away legal protections that increase stability and increase the health and the wealth of participants? They won't.

“The federal statute (DOMA) is invalid, for no legitimate purpose overcomes the purpose and effect to disparage and injure those whom the State, by its marriage laws, sought to protect in personhood and dignity,” wrote Justice Anthony M. Kennedy for the majority.“By seeking to displace this protection and treating those persons as living in marriages less than others, the federal statute is in violation of the Fifth Amendment.”

I'd say that's reason enough to predict.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
Got to love those false religons that change GODS word when ever they feel like it
False religion, eh?...of course YOUR religion, or whatever the fuck YOU call it, is the 'true' religion, right? That goes without saying. You are right and all the other religions on the planet are wrong. Geez... your god sure screwed up. He couldn't do any better than that?

And FYI, the Jews didn't change "god's word" because we know it wasn't written by a god it was written by men. We should know. We wrote it. Without an understanding of the time, place, & milieu of the writers, one can easily mistranslate and misunderstand the point of it all. Especially when it cannot be validated outside of itself anyway.

Just how many different flavors of stupid did you drink today?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Not power... education. We know that the State cannot grant a civil right and then take it away without reason. All you wing-nuts with your IT'S THE END OF CIVILIZATION bullshit get laughed at in Court.
Why on earth would it be in the State's interest to take away legal protections that increase stability and increase the health and the wealth of participants? They won't.
“The federal statute (DOMA) is invalid, for no legitimate purpose overcomes the purpose and effect to disparage and injure those whom the State, by its marriage laws, sought to protect in personhood and dignity,” wrote Justice Anthony M. Kennedy for the majority.“By seeking to displace this protection and treating those persons as living in marriages less than others, the federal statute is in violation of the Fifth Amendment.”
I'd say that's reason enough to predict.
BS.

You are not talking about education, you are denying history and scientific fact. Moreover, you are promoting a twisting of the Constitution and law.

Ironically, Leviticus notes similar 'laws' that brought about the destruction of a culture thousands of years ago. This is not the first time denial has been legislated.

Smile.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
...Just how many different flavors of stupid did you drink today?

None. How about yourself?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
BS.
You are not talking about education, you are denying history and scientific fact. Moreover, you are promoting a twisting of the Constitution and law.
Ironically, Leviticus notes similar 'laws' that brought about the destruction of a culture thousands of years ago. This is not the first time denial has been legislated.
Smile.
I'm not twisting anything, dipshit. It's a ruling from SCOTUS applying the 5th Amendment. YOU are denying the reality of today.

"Similar laws that brought about the destruction of a culture thousands of years ago?"??? Really? Tell us, oh great and wondrous bullshitter, what laws were those? As if Leviticus is relevant....
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not twisting anything, dipshit. It's a ruling from SCOTUS applying the 5th Amendment. YOU are denying the reality of today.
"Similar laws that brought about the destruction of a culture thousands of years ago?"??? Really? Tell us, oh great and wondrous bullshitter, what laws were those? As if Leviticus is relevant....
You mad bro?

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

i dnt believe they should be able to marry because god didnt make two of the same sex in the beginning for a reson marridge is the only way sex should happen and sex for reproduction not pleasure the same sex cant reproduce making thier sex life about pleasure if gods real its wrong and shouldnt be alowed. but if theres no god than theres no problem unfortantly we wont know til we're 6' ft below the ground but thats just my opinion tho
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

theeyeonyou wrote:
i dnt believe they should be able to marry because god didnt make two of the same sex in the beginning for a reson marridge is the only way sex should happen and sex for reproduction not pleasure the same sex cant reproduce making thier sex life about pleasure if gods real its wrong and shouldnt be alowed. but if theres no god than theres no problem unfortantly we wont know til we're 6' ft below the ground but thats just my opinion tho
Your religious beliefs are irrelevant when it comes to civil law.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at August 22 at 8:29PM CDT

•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••