Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS2

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Comments
37,321 - 37,340 of 48,944 Comments Last updated 13 hrs ago
Scott

Manhattan, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

well wrote:
<quoted text>
No it isn't...Scott sweetie it just isn't there, I know you want it to be.
You need to start thinking outside that box your parents drew you into.
“Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning ‘made them male and female,’ and said,‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.”
Scott

Manhattan, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be under the impression that enslavement and kidnapping are the same thing. They aren't. But don't let facts get in the way of your mental buybull gymnastics.
"However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance." Leviticus 25:44-45
Oh, and since you selectively like to disregard the old testament as it suits you....
"Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ." -Ephesians 6:5
"The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it. "But people who are not aware that they are doing wrong will be punished only lightly. Much is required from those to whom much is given, and much more is required from those to whom much more is given." Luke 12:47-48
As noted originally, your buybull NEVER ONCE condemns slavery. NOT ONCE. Your statement that your god never condoned slavery is a complete lie based upon the very words you use to pretend your god exists. I notice you didn't even try addressing the fact that your buybull never once states that humans are worthy of respect and fairness. that was a smart choice.
If you new what you were copying and pasting then you would know that you are reading it incorrectly.
Scott

Manhattan, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If the god of your buybull really existed, I would want nothing to do with him. Based on the nonsense in your buybull, your god is sadistic, narcissistic, childish, vindictive, immature, jealous, hateful, spiteful, bullying, psychopathic bastard.
Then you know nothing about GOD. You need to get to know him.
Scott

Manhattan, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Fortunately for us gays, Jesus doesn't issue marriage licenses, so we don't give a rat's ass what he has to say about. Just like we don't give a rat's ass what you have to say about it.
Actually, he does. The only true marriage are the ones in his name.
Scott

Manhattan, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Where are you putting murder, lying, adultery and the such?
Like Scott said , certain parts of the law were addressed in Acts with Peter's vision. The sacrificial parts were fulfilled in Christ.
You only look foolish and put yourself under more judgment.desecrating things you don't understand.
Thank you.
Scott

Manhattan, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no need to reject your god, because I've been given no evidence to consider his existence. I reject your god about as much as I reject leprechauns and the Tooth Fairy.
You can see GOD everywhere you look, he is the creator if all things. Just look out a window and you will see him in all his beauty and glory.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

CDC wrote:
You sound like a young punk kid.
I'm 50 years old and have a degree in Physics.
Most likely my education is far beyond yours.
When you grow up and realize how "little" you know....then the learning will begin.
My "educated" opinion at this point in life is that GOD EXISTS.
That's no small statement coming from me.
<quoted text>
Your post proves your opinion is irrelevant.

I'm 50, have a degree and would not be childish enough to speculate on who is more educated without actual facts and information. But we all know that fundies love to form opinions without facts. Not me. My educated opinion is that your god is non-existent. Let YOUR learning begin.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
“Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning ‘made them male and female,’ and said,‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.”
I don't see marriage mentioned there, nor do I see anything that indicates this is an exclusive joining.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
If you new what you were copying and pasting then you would know that you are reading it incorrectly.
If you new[sic] what you were really talking about, you would be able to present chapter and verse where your god condemns slavery. Let me know when you can share that passage!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you know nothing about GOD. You need to get to know him.
I don't make it a habit of "getting to know" non existent entities.
Scott

Manhattan, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

well wrote:
<quoted text>
No it isn't...Scott sweetie it just isn't there, I know you want it to be.
You need to start thinking outside that box your parents drew you into.
By the way my parents didn't draw me into anything! They are a couple of hippie go free free liberals.
Scott

Manhattan, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see marriage mentioned there, nor do I see anything that indicates this is an exclusive joining.
Now you are just being silly!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, he does.
Really? Tell me dear, where can I go get one of these licenses from Jesus? Does he have special stationary?
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
The only true marriage are the ones in his name.
Sorry dear, but your opinions aren't worth shyt to me. And that is all that is, your opinion.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
You can see GOD everywhere you look, he is the creator if all things. Just look out a window and you will see him in all his beauty and glory.
No honeypoo, I don't see your Sky Santa out my window. Your god is no where, because he doesn't exist. He is an imaginary play friend for those that can't cope with the reality that life is finite.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
And we have a full scale retreat from the Biblical big bang and seven God days, covered by a bitter ad homoan attack.
Smile.
Where do you see retreat in that post, dumbass? You really ARE crazy.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
Your god does NOT run this country, sorry.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, he does. The only true marriage are the ones in his name.
Really? Did jesus sign your marriage license? Oh wait.... you're not married,... can't get it up for women, can you?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
I love that fairy tale.
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

I'm sorry for being unable to help.
You are too far gone.
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post proves your opinion is irrelevant.
I'm 50, have a degree and would not be childish enough to speculate on who is more educated without actual facts and information. But we all know that fundies love to form opinions without facts. Not me. My educated opinion is that your god is non-existent. Let YOUR learning begin.
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

AGENDAPUTER: The extreme simplification an agendist uses to make decisions. They unfortunately think in terms of black and white ignoring the most important gray areas.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 37 min SamBee 68,416
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr j rocker 1,082,426
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Brian_G 45,849
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Rogue Scholar 05 174,967
Voting Whites NO LONGER hold majority in Ohio. 3 hr WeBlacksOutBirthedWhitey 2
Chicago Train Robbery 3 hr StarNazisDontFOOKWithMe 6
Strategy 3 hr ItTakesBalls2BNo1 7
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••