Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS2

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Comments
37,301 - 37,320 of 49,279 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Scott

Manhattan, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

well wrote:
<quoted text>
no he didn't!
Now please tell me, if when Jesus came we live under the new law, why do you think only one of those old testament "abominations" still stands?
Yes he did Matthew 19:3-9.
With the coming of CHRIST things that were considered unclean are now cleansed.
Scott

Manhattan, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

well wrote:
<quoted text>
no he didn't!
Now please tell me, if when Jesus came we live under the new law, why do you think only one of those old testament "abominations" still stands?
He did say marriage is between one man and one woman in Matthew 19:3-9
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

AGENDAROAR: The philosophy of most agendists that believe Christians should be thrown to the lions.
well

Round Lake, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Scott wrote:
<quoted text>

With the coming of CHRIST things that were considered unclean are now cleansed.
There ya go... so there is absolutely no problem whatsoever with homosexuality, it is no longer an abomination. See how easy that was?
well

Round Lake, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
He did say marriage is between one man and one woman in Matthew 19:3-9
Again, no he didn't, that is not what it says in that passage, and Jesus was speaking of divorce. It also does not address same sex marriage, now does it?
Scott

Manhattan, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

well wrote:
<quoted text>
There ya go... so there is absolutely no problem whatsoever with homosexuality, it is no longer an abomination. See how easy that was?
JESUS said marriage is between one man and one woman.
Scott

Manhattan, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

well wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, no he didn't, that is not what it says in that passage, and Jesus was speaking of divorce. It also does not address same sex marriage, now does it?
Read further down, it's there

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
If you really knew anything about the BIBLE you would know that those other things were wiped out when JESUS came into the picture.
Really? And what did Jesus say about the gays dear?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
It's true, google it.
Google could also tell me that unicorns exist. Doesn't make it so. Your buybull is nonsense, written by ignorant wandering nomads who knew nothing about how the world worked.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't the serpent that was talking it was SATAN talking through the serpent.
As for the donkey it was the spirit talking through the donkey.
I love watching the mental gymnastics that fundies will engage in in order to buy into the claptrap of their ridiculous Sky Santa manual.

Regardless of who you attribute talking "through" them, the animals still spoke. It's stupid.

Tell me dear, do you pray for Satan? Do you pray that he accept Jesus Christ as his personal lord and savior, that he be saved and that he receive ever lasting life?!
well

Round Lake, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
Read further down, it's there
No it isn't...Scott sweetie it just isn't there, I know you want it to be.

You need to start thinking outside that box your parents drew you into.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
GOD never condoned slavery in fact he said "He who kidnaps a man, whether he sells him or he is found in his possession, shall surely be put to death."
You seem to be under the impression that enslavement and kidnapping are the same thing. They aren't. But don't let facts get in the way of your mental buybull gymnastics.

"However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance." Leviticus 25:44-45

Oh, and since you selectively like to disregard the old testament as it suits you....

"Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ." -Ephesians 6:5

"The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it. "But people who are not aware that they are doing wrong will be punished only lightly. Much is required from those to whom much is given, and much more is required from those to whom much more is given." Luke 12:47-48

As noted originally, your buybull NEVER ONCE condemns slavery. NOT ONCE. Your statement that your god never condoned slavery is a complete lie based upon the very words you use to pretend your god exists. I notice you didn't even try addressing the fact that your buybull never once states that humans are worthy of respect and fairness. that was a smart choice.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad you don't know GOD or his word.
If the god of your buybull really existed, I would want nothing to do with him. Based on the nonsense in your buybull, your god is sadistic, narcissistic, childish, vindictive, immature, jealous, hateful, spiteful, bullying, psychopathic bastard.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
JESUS said that marriage is between one man and one woman.
Fortunately for us gays, Jesus doesn't issue marriage licenses, so we don't give a rat's ass what he has to say about. Just like we don't give a rat's ass what you have to say about it.
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

You left out "loving".
YOU reject god. God does not reject you.
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If the god of your buybull really existed, I would want nothing to do with him. Based on the nonsense in your buybull, your god is sadistic, narcissistic, childish, vindictive, immature, jealous, hateful, spiteful, bullying, psychopathic bastard.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

well wrote:
<quoted text>
Scott,
If that is true, those abominations were "wiped out when Jesus came into the picture"...why all those abominations except for "men lying with men"? Did Jesus ever mention specifically which things were no longer abominations? Did Jesus ever mention "men lying with men"?
Where are you putting murder, lying, adultery and the such?

Like Scott said , certain parts of the law were addressed in Acts with Peter's vision. The sacrificial parts were fulfilled in Christ.

You only look foolish and put yourself under more judgment.desecrating things you don't understand.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Fortunately for us gays, Jesus doesn't issue marriage licenses, so we don't give a rat's ass what he has to say about. Just like we don't give a rat's ass what you have to say about it.
Of course Jesus doesn't issue marriage for gay couples. Neither does science. At its most basic essence marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior. SS couples are a defective failure of mating behavior making SS marriage an oxymoron.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

CDC wrote:
You left out "loving".
YOU reject god. God does not reject you.
<quoted text>
I have no need to reject your god, because I've been given no evidence to consider his existence. I reject your god about as much as I reject leprechauns and the Tooth Fairy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course Jesus doesn't issue marriage for gay couples. Neither does science. At its most basic essence marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior. SS couples are a defective failure of mating behavior making SS marriage an oxymoron.
Hey, speaking of science, when are you going to present science's qualifiers for marriage. You brought them up months ago, but cowardly avoid addressing it since being called on it. What's up with that cur?
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

You sound like a young punk kid.
I'm 50 years old and have a degree in Physics.
Most likely my education is far beyond yours.
When you grow up and realize how "little" you know....then the learning will begin.
My "educated" opinion at this point in life is that GOD EXISTS.
That's no small statement coming from me.

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no need to reject your god, because I've been given no evidence to consider his existence. I reject your god about as much as I reject leprechauns and the Tooth Fairy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at August 22 at 8:29PM CDT

•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••