Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 20 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

Scott

Manhattan, IL

#43307 Oct 26, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like Jesus camp?
No, see that's the DEVIL in you making you think like that.
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#43308 Oct 26, 2013
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
No, see that's the DEVIL in you making you think like that.
Buttflower you are the devil..
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#43309 Oct 26, 2013
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not it at all. Like making gay marriage seem ok when really it's immoral.
What's really immoral is self-righteousness, being judgmental and forcing others to conform to YOUR warped sense of morality.
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#43310 Oct 26, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
plagues can be anything...
Aids being one if them!
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#43311 Oct 26, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm... "trying to make things that are ok look like they are good."
Are you stupid or what?
There's that liberal agenda spewing out again!
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#43312 Oct 26, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
What's really immoral is self-righteousness, being judgmental and forcing others to conform to YOUR warped sense of morality.
Not judging anything or being self righteous and my morals are on the right track.
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#43313 Oct 26, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the ones trying to force the DEVIL on everyone else.
well

Round Lake, IL

#43314 Oct 26, 2013
Scott,

Were you home schooled?
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#43315 Oct 26, 2013
well wrote:
Scott,
Were you home schooled?
What would that have to do with anything?
well

Round Lake, IL

#43316 Oct 26, 2013
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
What would that have to do with anything?
You seem to lack critical thinking and reasoning skills...sadly many home schooled kids lack those abilities due to growing up in a closet never having any interaction with others who may think or believe differently.

Mind you I have nothing against home schooling, I home schooled my own children but not for religious reasons...I did it because they were gifted and talented and the schools near us didn't have much support for those areas.
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#43317 Oct 26, 2013
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
Not judging anything or being self righteous and my morals are on the right track.
"Like making gay marriage seem ok when really it's immoral" If that's not a judgement I don't know what is...You need to look at your morals again, princess..Morals encompass more than just sex.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#43318 Oct 26, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
AIDS is a consequence of promiscuity exasperated by anal abuse. Because of the immorality of a person, innocent people are affected. Personal responsibility, not God.
In fact, it is something God and the Bible clearly warns about.
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, AIDS is usually a consequence of unprotected sexual acts, and can be easily prevented by a few simple steps. Education is the key.
Monogamous married couples are not at high risk for sexually transmitted diseases regardless of the type of act, or the genders involved. So, do you support the idea that gay folks should marry?
Of course you don't. You just like to wallow in your obsessions.
Actually, you just repeated my explanation about promiscuity and trying to avoid the results of anal intercourse ONLY.

Anal intercourse is a violation of design. A condom and lub are only marginally helpful, even if there were more than rarely used.

Ss couples do not qualify for marriage, nor do they need marriage to be moral.

Location hidden

#43319 Oct 26, 2013
Mr Obvious wrote:
Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome. Commonly transmitted in infected blood especially during illicit intravenous drug use and bodily secretions such as during sexual intercourse. The notion that this is a 'gay' disease was discredited over 20 years ago. To state otherwise is just a narrow minded bigots worthless opinion.
Smile
Drug use, and promiscuous abusive sex where bleeding is likely.

Homosexuals were initially hard hit because of their promiscuity and anal sex. That is not bigoted or hateful, it is the simple truth.

Your denial and distortion are part of why unprotected promiscuity is on the rise among homosexuals again, EVEN THOUGH THEY HAVE BEEN EDUCATED.

Location hidden

#43320 Oct 26, 2013
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
Your BIBLE mentions plagues doesn't it?
Exactly Scott!

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#43321 Oct 26, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis 1:2 (NASB)
2 The earth was formless and void...
Does that sound like the planet earth?
I'm trying not to embarrass your dumb ass...
Quoting the buybull as factual history only embarrasses your dumb ass cur.

Location hidden

#43322 Oct 26, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis 1:2 (NASB)
2 The earth was formless and void...
What was rotating idiot?
Damn you just keep digging deeper into stupid!!!
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Um.... who was there to witness and then write about this 'creation' fantasy, shit-for-brains?
Why are you changing the question?

Because you lost the argument.

Snicker.

According to the Biblical record, Moses received the Pentateuch from the Alien on the mountain who gave him the Law at the same time.

More profundity you have no explanation for.

Smile.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#43323 Oct 26, 2013
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
There it is again folks, that wonderful liberal agenda of name calling and hate spewing.
TRANSLATION: I can't refute anything that was stated so I will resort to Fundie Tactic 101 of crying "victim"!!

Location hidden

#43324 Oct 26, 2013
well wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to lack critical thinking and reasoning skills...sadly many home schooled kids lack those abilities due to growing up in a closet never having any interaction with others who may think or believe differently.
Mind you I have nothing against home schooling, I home schooled my own children but not for religious reasons...I did it because they were gifted and talented and the schools near us didn't have much support for those areas.
So you didn't send your kids to public schools because they didn't teach critical thinking skills.

I agree.

Home schooled kids statistically do much better than public schooled kids. Maybe your experience didn't consider critical thinking skills...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#43325 Oct 26, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
"Like making gay marriage seem ok when really it's immoral" If that's not a judgement I don't know what is...You need to look at your morals again, princess..Morals encompass more than just sex.
You mean things like defending gay pedophilia?

Pervert.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
well

Round Lake, IL

#43326 Oct 26, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
So you didn't send your kids to public schools because they didn't teach critical thinking skills.
I agree.
Home schooled kids statistically do much better than public schooled kids. Maybe your experience didn't consider critical thinking skills...
When done for religious reasons only...such as "this is what we believe and you are not to question it", critical thinking skills are just not there they aren't encouraged.

And yes statistically home schooled kids do much better...if they are given the proper tools. My kids critical thinking skills were far above and beyond that of their peers...but they were not raised in a cave.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min JRB 187,714
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min DEATH 1,223,412
Word (Dec '08) 6 min Red_Forman 5,208
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 7 min Red_Forman 5,944
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 51 min Ratloder 69,768
Stephanie Peterson 2 hr Carol 1
abby may 3-15 2 hr Kuuipo 2
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]