Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 Full story: CBS2 51,248

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Full Story
This And That

Livermore, CA

#42853 Oct 16, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text> what did Jesus say about old testament law and what did Jesus . say about homosexuals?
Not one damn thing now did he? LOL,On the other hand "Jesus" the mortal man might have been gay himself! Jesus,who knew? ;)
big guy

New Lenox, IL

#42854 Oct 16, 2013
This And That wrote:
<quoted text>And I repeat,this nation is not a theocracy and your rights end where mine begin! When you try to impose your religious beliefs on to me or society in general that is NOT your right to do so if it goes against our Constitution! Marriage equality will come to Illinois because it is Unconstitutional to deny gay Americans their right to marry! Prop 8 has fallen in California and Part 3 of DOMA has been ruled Unconstitutional and this has been affirmed by our Supreme court! Again,your religion has absolutely nothing to do with the question of marriage equality,zero,zip,nada so better learn to live with it! Constitution again trumps your bible! Hope that helps!
Well said!
This And That

Livermore, CA

#42855 Oct 16, 2013
beers wrote:
<quoted text>
desecrate - violate the sacred character of a place or language
You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination.(Leviticus 18:22 NKJV)
abomination - an action that is vicious or vile
abomination - a person who is loathsome or disgusting
Splitting hairs?
Now lets take a good look at your Leviticus and see what it really says about gays! Absolutely nothing,it was talking about something completely different! Read and learn,if that's at all possible with a bigot like yourself! Besides,it's simply a fairy tale from old goat herders 2000 years ago!

The truth about Leviticus and what it really means and says!

livelonger.hubpages.com/hub/leviticus-homosex...
This And That

Livermore, CA

#42856 Oct 16, 2013
beers wrote:
<quoted text>
desecrate - violate the sacred character of a place or language
You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination.(Leviticus 18:22 NKJV)
abomination - an action that is vicious or vile
abomination - a person who is loathsome or disgusting
Splitting hairs?
Was Jesus gay? Most likely YES!

www.alternet.org/belief/155118/was_jesus_gay_...
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#42857 Oct 16, 2013
CDC wrote:
Just like YOU!
<quoted text>
Ok, PeeWee.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#42858 Oct 17, 2013
big guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm. No, still not there.
You wouldn't know sonny, and that's not a rational argument.

Big as an ox and dumb as a rock.

Smile.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#42859 Oct 17, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text> what did Jesus say about old testament law and what did Jesus . say about homosexuals?
Matthew 19:10-12 (NJB)
10 The disciples said to him,‘If that is how things are between husband and wife, it is advisable not to marry.'
11 But he replied,‘It is not everyone who can accept what I have said, but only those to whom it is granted.
12 There are eunuchs born so from their mother's womb, there are eunuchs made so by human agency and there are eunuchs who have made themselves so for the sake of the kingdom of Heaven. Let anyone accept this who can.'

Eunuchs born from the mother's womb are homosexuals called to celibacy.

Oh, and in the previous verses, Jesus clearly states marriage is between one man and one woman.

As to the Law, Jesus said this;

Matthew 5:17-19 (NJB)
17 ‘Do not imagine that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets. I have come not to abolish but to complete them.
18 In truth I tell you, till heaven and earth disappear, not one dot, not one little stroke, is to disappear from the Law until all its purpose is achieved.
19 Therefore, anyone who infringes even one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be considered the least in the kingdom of Heaven; but the person who keeps them and teaches them will be considered great in the kingdom of Heaven.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Scott

United States

#42860 Oct 17, 2013
This And That wrote:
<quoted text>
Now lets take a good look at your Leviticus and see what it really says about gays! Absolutely nothing,it was talking about something completely different! Read and learn,if that's at all possible with a bigot like yourself! Besides,it's simply a fairy tale from old goat herders 2000 years ago!
The truth about Leviticus and what it really means and says!
livelonger.hubpages.com/hub/leviticus-homosex...
That is a typical liberal agenda page that knows not what they are talking about.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Scott

United States

#42861 Oct 17, 2013
This And That wrote:
<quoted text>
Was Jesus gay? Most likely YES!
www.alternet.org/belief/155118/was_jesus_gay_...
Typical liberal agendist. Brainwashed and spewing others hateful thoughts.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
This And That

Livermore, CA

#42862 Oct 17, 2013
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical liberal agendist. Brainwashed and spewing others hateful thoughts.
Yes I agree wholeheartedly,your post is a typical brainwashed from birth answer devoid of all common logic and critical thought! How can one show the truth to an idiot who believes that the Earth is only 6 thousands years old! LOL,Sorry if the truth is unrecognizable to one such as yourself and that you are but a sheep being lead to slaughter on a book of lie's! You are a funny but quite psychotic! Ever think of seeing a good shrink to help you with your delusions? I hear they can do wonders these days! Bahhhhh....Baa....baa....baaaa a! Oh and by the way,my Leviticus link was translated by world renowned experts in the ancient languages and you simply cannot see the truth through those brainwashed eyes of yours! Poor,poor little lamb!

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#42864 Oct 17, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 19:10-12 (NJB)
10 The disciples said to him,‘If that is how things are between husband and wife, it is advisable not to marry.'
So this is what it has come to; Kimerde is now a scripture-quoting basher.

As lovely as those texts are, they say nothing about homosexuals.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#42865 Oct 17, 2013
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a typical liberal agenda page that knows not what they are talking about.
"Leviticus does not prohibit—or even address—homosexuality.
Leviticus 18:22 and Leviticus 20:13 prohibit male temple prostitution, as is clear from examining the pattern of repetition in Deuteronomy.
The death penalty for Leviticus 20:13 is for a crime of idolatry, not a crime of injustice or wickedness.

Despite the fact that the Hebrew word makes clear that these are female and male forms of the exact same word, King James chooses "sodomite" for the male version, something modern Christians most often translate to homosexual."

http://livelonger.hubpages.com/hub/leviticus-...

Location hidden

#42866 Oct 17, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
So this is what it has come to; Kimerde is now a scripture-quoting basher.
As lovely as those texts are, they say nothing about homosexuals.
Have up on a reasoned response because there is none and resorted to a ad homoan gay troll attack.

Your denial knows no bounds. Scary.

Smile.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#42868 Oct 17, 2013
AGENDAFAIL: Below is an example
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, PeeWee.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#42869 Oct 17, 2013
CDC wrote:
AGENDAFAIL: Below is an example
<quoted text>
How is YOUR agenda playing out in the public today, loser queen.

Location hidden

#42870 Oct 17, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
How's yours playing out in reality?

Anal sex is still harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.

SS couples are only ever mutually sterile pointlessly duplicate gendered halves of marriage.

Smirk.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#42871 Oct 17, 2013
Better than yours drag meister!
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#42872 Oct 17, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
How's yours playing out in reality?
Anal sex is still harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.
SS couples are only ever mutually sterile pointlessly duplicate gendered halves of marriage.
Smirk.
It's great! Booker is now Senator! Gay marriage starts in New Jersey on Monday! The Republican party and people like you are more unpopular than any other party in history! Thank you for all your stupid posts. You helped us gain victory over ignorance and blind hate.

Perhaps you should visit a proctologist and get a professional's opinion about anal sex. Then you can visit a psychiatrist and find out why you think about anal sex all the time, yet insist (incorrectly) that it is demeaning. Also, ask the shrink what 'pissing in the wind' means.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#42873 Oct 17, 2013
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said before. Typical liberal response. You liberals sure know how to put a different spin on things.
Isn't it odd that facts tend to have a liberal bias? And isn't it odd that religitards like you use 'bias' as an excuse for EVERTHING that proves you wrong.
seeyoucrying

Centralia, IL

#42874 Oct 17, 2013
What's tender love? A pair of homo's with hemorrhoids. lol

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min RealDave 1,153,319
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min Edmond Pulpo 181,728
Deat Abby 12-16 10 min RACE 67
CHICAGO BEARS ARE SHYT. Boycott them 16 min Sublime1 23
I want to join ILLUMINATI to become rich and fa... 22 min mr fred 1
Amy 12-17 1 hr RACE 6
Amy 12-18 1 hr RACE 4
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:21 am PST

NBC Sports 8:21AM
PFT Live: Bears talk with John Mullin, Week 16 picks
Bleacher Report 9:00 AM
NFL Playoffs 2014-15: AFC, NFC Postseason Predictions Heading into Week 16
NBC Sports 9:58 AM
Unnamed Bears "confused and uncomfortable" with benching Cutler
ESPN10:10 AM
Vegas reacts to Bears' benching of Cutler
NBC Sports10:10 AM
Is Chicago protecting Cutler's trade value by benching him?