Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS2

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Comments
36,741 - 36,760 of 49,534 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#42833 Oct 16, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like here:
http://www.redletterchristians.org/are-there-...
Some guy named Gregory is posting on redletterchristians dot org.
I wonder who the heck that is?
You can say "at its most basic..." a million times (and you will), but it CHANGES NOTHING. We're marrying in record numbers and there's not one damned thing you can do about it.
What's more (or shall I say "moreover", like EVERY ONE OF YOUR POSTS) if G-d or Jesus had an issue with SSM, this would have been dealt with.
So, if Yahweh is cool with my marriage, and if J.C. is cool with my marriage, why the heck are you're panties wadded up around your taint?
No, I'm talking about sites that I base my posts on like this one;

http://www.psy.cmu.edu/~rakison/bussandschmit...

God is not okay with you desecrating marriage.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
well

Round Lake, IL

#42834 Oct 16, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm talking about sites that I base my posts on like this one;
http://www.psy.cmu.edu/~rakison/bussandschmit...
Did He tell you that? When did he tell you, where did he tell you...Why would he tell YOU anything?

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#42835 Oct 16, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

No Greg, it's you that has the problem, not God.

Again, you can be certain that you've created God in YOUR image when it turns out that God hates all the same people that you do.

Smirk.

Location hidden

#42836 Oct 16, 2013
well wrote:
<quoted text>
Did He tell you that? When did he tell you, where did he tell you...Why would he tell YOU anything?
Genesis 2:22-24 (NASB)
22 The LORD God fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man.
23 The man said, "This is now bone of my bones, And flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man."
24 For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh.

Matthew 19:4-6 (NASB)
4 And He answered and said, "Have you not read that He who created them from the beginning MADE THEM MALE AND FEMALE,
5 and said,'FOR THIS REASON A MAN SHALL LEAVE HIS FATHER AND MOTHER AND BE JOINED TO HIS WIFE, AND THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH'?
6 "So they are no longer two, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate."

Ephesians 5:31 (NASB)
31 FOR THIS REASON A MAN SHALL LEAVE HIS FATHER AND MOTHER AND SHALL BE JOINED TO HIS WIFE, AND THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH.

This does not begin to address the examples and instruction regarding husbands and wives. NEVER ss couples.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
beers

Oswego, IL

#42837 Oct 16, 2013
well wrote:
<quoted text>Did He tell you that? When did he tell you, where did he tell you...Why would he tell YOU anything?
Don't know about Ki, but yes god said that, this morning, in the bible, and because he loves us. Pretty easy.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
well

Round Lake, IL

#42838 Oct 16, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
NEVER ss couples.
He doesn't address cars, television, the internet etc...I guess He left some things out of His Book Huh?
well

Round Lake, IL

#42839 Oct 16, 2013
beers wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know about Ki, but yes god said that, this morning, in the bible, and because he loves us. Pretty easy.
Really sweetie? Please give me chapter and verse that says SS couples "desecrate marriage"...

Location hidden

#42840 Oct 16, 2013
well wrote:
<quoted text>
He doesn't address cars, television, the internet etc...I guess He left some things out of His Book Huh?
Those were not around then. Ss couples have always been around, right?

You asked where, and I gave you in the beginning, from Jesus and in the end. Marriage doesn't change.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#42841 Oct 16, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

This does not begin to address the examples and instruction regarding husbands and wives. NEVER ss couples.
God didn't find it necessary to address SS couples; she was too busy castigating str8 couples.
well

Round Lake, IL

#42842 Oct 16, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Those were not around then. Ss couples have always been around, right?
You asked where, and I gave you in the beginning, from Jesus and in the end. Marriage doesn't change.
Marriage has changed...Now give me chapter and verse that states ss couples "desecrate marriage"...
beers

Oswego, IL

#42843 Oct 16, 2013
well wrote:
<quoted text>Really sweetie? Please give me chapter and verse that says SS couples "desecrate marriage"...
Marriage between a man and a woman was instituted by God with Adam and Eve. Genesis 2:24 states: "Therefore a man leaves his father and his mother and cleaves to his wife, and they become one flesh."

In Matthew 19:4-5, Jesus reaffirms this: "He answered,‘Have you not read that he who made them from the beginning made them male and female,’ and said,‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one."
There ya go.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
beers

Oswego, IL

#42844 Oct 16, 2013
well wrote:
<quoted text>Marriage has changed...Now give me chapter and verse that states ss couples "desecrate marriage"...
Oh you like to change the game when your loosing.
You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination.(Leviticus 18:22 NKJV)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
This And That

Livermore, CA

#42845 Oct 16, 2013
beers wrote:
<quoted text>
You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination.(Leviticus 18:22 NKJV)
Hey stupid,the last time I checked this is still a secular country where the Constitution still trumps the bible and always will! Please take that bible into your church,lock the doors and preach to the choir and keep it to yourself! Those of us who may believe differently than you don't want to hear it and that is our right! Now for the truth about your bible click on this truthful link!

The truth about the bible

evilbible.com
beers

Oswego, IL

#42846 Oct 16, 2013
This And That wrote:
<quoted text>Hey stupid,the last time I checked this is still a secular country where the Constitution still trumps the bible and always will! Please take that bible into your church,lock the doors and preach to the choir and keep it to yourself! Those of us who may believe differently than you don't want to hear it and that is our right! Now for the truth about your bible click on this truthful link!

The truth about the bible

evilbible.com
So your right trumps others rights?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
well

Round Lake, IL

#42847 Oct 16, 2013
beers wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweetie I didn't change anything, and I certainly am not losing!
I simply asked KiMerde the same question I asked you...it appears neither of you can post chapter and verse that says ss couples "desecrate marriage". God never uttered those words...

Location hidden

#42848 Oct 16, 2013
well wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage has changed...Now give me chapter and verse that states ss couples "desecrate marriage"...
No it hasn't.

Here is your chapter and verse. And the command not to mess with it;

Matthew 19:6 (NASB)
6 "So they are no longer two, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate."

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
big guy

New Lenox, IL

#42849 Oct 16, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>No it hasn't.

Here is your chapter and verse. And the command not to mess with it;

Matthew 19:6 (NASB)
Umm. No, still not there.
This And That

Livermore, CA

#42850 Oct 16, 2013
beers wrote:
<quoted text>
So your right trumps others rights?
And I repeat,this nation is not a theocracy and your rights end where mine begin! When you try to impose your religious beliefs on to me or society in general that is NOT your right to do so if it goes against our Constitution! Marriage equality will come to Illinois because it is Unconstitutional to deny gay Americans their right to marry! Prop 8 has fallen in California and Part 3 of DOMA has been ruled Unconstitutional and this has been affirmed by our Supreme court! Again,your religion has absolutely nothing to do with the question of marriage equality,zero,zip,nada so better learn to live with it! Constitution again trumps your bible! Hope that helps!
beers

Oswego, IL

#42851 Oct 16, 2013
well wrote:
<quoted text>Sweetie I didn't change anything, and I certainly am not losing!
I simply asked KiMerde the same question I asked you...it appears neither of you can post chapter and verse that says ss couples "desecrate marriage". God never uttered those words...
desecrate - violate the sacred character of a place or language
abomination - an action that is vicious or vile
abomination - a person who is loathsome or disgusting
Splitting hairs?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#42852 Oct 16, 2013
beers wrote:
<quoted text>
desecrate - violate the sacred character of a place or language
abomination - an action that is vicious or vile
abomination - a person who is loathsome or disgusting
Splitting hairs?
what did Jesus say about old testament law and what did Jesus . say about homosexuals?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min THE DEVIL 1,100,516
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 32 min TRD 68,379
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 55 min newpoly 1,910
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr andet1987 4,656
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques from Ottawa 177,408
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr Rick Moss 68,994
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr edogxxx 97,938
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info