Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS2

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Comments
36,321 - 36,340 of 49,505 Comments Last updated 53 min ago

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#42386 Sep 30, 2013
MirthMenace wrote:
<quoted text>You're really special, Greg. REALLY special. Hateful? Bigoted? LMAO Oh, the irony is killing me!<quoted text>I clearly joined this discussion too late to have seen the published and peer-reviewed material you posted pointing to "scientific fact" and I'm sorry I missed it. I'm always up for learning something.<quoted text>Smear? Wow, your perceptions are a bubble or two off plumb and, again, I'll suggest you try to be more faithful to your prescriptions.<quoted text>You do tend to vacillate between "fact" and opinion How are we to know one from the other with you, Greg? You state things in such an authoritative way, as if you really do expect people to believe you are some sort of authority, then you try to insult (unsuccessfully, I hasten to add) anyone who sees things differently than you do. You accuse people of doing the very things you do whenever they disagree with your "opinion".<quoted text>"About" the Bible? Hmmmm. What about some of the statements contained therein? Is any of its content subject to criticism?<quoted text>The power of your posts? My, you are full of yourself. And THAT fact comes across loud and clear. The "power" of your posts is laughable, as is your high opinion of yourself and the superior knowledge you'd like us to believe you possess. Get over yourself, man.<quoted text>Such as? Your goals seem clear to me.<quoted text>Hey, Greg, you hung them out there in public view so everyone can know as much about you as you apparently want them to know. I didn't bring anything to light that you hadn't. I jys mentioned that I feel sorry for them having to live with someone as hopelessly myopic and self-absorbed as you paint yourself to be for this audience.<quoted text>Pot, meet Kettle. But these are actually the "acts" of someone who sees you for the self-important boor you really are and is calling you out for it. The shoe fits, Bub. Wear it.<quoted text>I think I mentioned previously that my real name is Jeff. But if you really believe it improves your image or credibility by calling me "Dick", I guess I don't mind so much. I know my name. It does come across as sort of juvenile, though. I thought it worth mentioning. You do seem a little more agitated each time you post, Greg. Why is that? It's almost as if you honestly don't like people who disagree with your point of view. Don't you like me, Greg? I like you. You never fail to brighten my day a little. I'd miss you if you ever quit this forum, albeit in much the same way the writers for David Letterman miss Michele Bachmann being in the spotlight. Please keep the material coming. It does make for some greatly entertaining discourse. Maybe I enjoy it more than you do, even though you do seem to smile and smirk a lot at the end of many of your posts. I bet you love the sound of your own voice almost as much as you love reading what you write. I could be wrong.
I think you are lying about your name. Every time you post, all I can read is 'Dick'. I think you know that, don't you?

As to angry, not at all. In fact, the level you stoop to only shows your desperation. Everyone sees the troll behavior.

You may be a late Dick, but you have failed to address even the simple post with a reasoned response. Here, give it a shot again;

Marriage is a miraculous union of two genders,
a union so profound,
it is described as the union of Mars and Venus.
It reunites humanity to the roots of life,
while at the very same time
hosting the best and natural
birth place of future human life.
It is the blend of masculinity and femininity.
The wisdom of logic and intuition united.
Strength and delicacy perfectly balanced.
Protection and nurture combined as one.
A complimentary merging that multiplies the unbiased blend of humanity's genders.

A ss couple cannot equate to a single one of these distinctions.

Smile.
Neil An Blowme

Hoboken, NJ

#42387 Sep 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I said you 'should' be ashamed.
I didn't expect a reprobate to experience any such thing.
You are too far gone to even know it or care.
Shame is a bad thing.... mental health: check into it
Neil An Blowme

Hoboken, NJ

#42388 Sep 30, 2013
Oh dear.... I just saw another one of KiMerde's emotionally manipulative cut&paste jobs.

That boy just don't get it.
Neil An Blowme

Hoboken, NJ

#42389 Sep 30, 2013
MirthMenace wrote:
<quoted text>You're really special, Greg. REALLY special. Hateful? Bigoted? LMAO Oh, the irony is killing me!<quoted text>I clearly joined this discussion too late to have seen the published and peer-reviewed material you posted pointing to "scientific fact" and I'm sorry I missed it. I'm always up for learning something.<quoted text>Smear? Wow, your perceptions are a bubble or two off plumb and, again, I'll suggest you try to be more faithful to your prescriptions.<quoted text>You do tend to vacillate between "fact" and opinion How are we to know one from the other with you, Greg? You state things in such an authoritative way, as if you really do expect people to believe you are some sort of authority, then you try to insult (unsuccessfully, I hasten to add) anyone who sees things differently than you do. You accuse people of doing the very things you do whenever they disagree with your "opinion".<quoted text>"About" the Bible? Hmmmm. What about some of the statements contained therein? Is any of its content subject to criticism?<quoted text>The power of your posts? My, you are full of yourself. And THAT fact comes across loud and clear. The "power" of your posts is laughable, as is your high opinion of yourself and the superior knowledge you'd like us to believe you possess. Get over yourself, man.<quoted text>Such as? Your goals seem clear to me.<quoted text>Hey, Greg, you hung them out there in public view so everyone can know as much about you as you apparently want them to know. I didn't bring anything to light that you hadn't. I jys mentioned that I feel sorry for them having to live with someone as hopelessly myopic and self-absorbed as you paint yourself to be for this audience.<quoted text>Pot, meet Kettle. But these are actually the "acts" of someone who sees you for the self-important boor you really are and is calling you out for it. The shoe fits, Bub. Wear it.<quoted text>I think I mentioned previously that my real name is Jeff. But if you really believe it improves your image or credibility by calling me "Dick", I guess I don't mind so much. I know my name. It does come across as sort of juvenile, though. I thought it worth mentioning. You do seem a little more agitated each time you post, Greg. Why is that? It's almost as if you honestly don't like people who disagree with your point of view. Don't you like me, Greg? I like you. You never fail to brighten my day a little. I'd miss you if you ever quit this forum, albeit in much the same way the writers for David Letterman miss Michele Bachmann being in the spotlight. Please keep the material coming. It does make for some greatly entertaining discourse. Maybe I enjoy it more than you do, even though you do seem to smile and smirk a lot at the end of many of your posts. I bet you love the sound of your own voice almost as much as you love reading what you write. I could be wrong.
Wha..wha..whaa WHAT? You know who the man behind the curtain is???? OMG! KiMerde the Great and Powerful
lickmytool

Mount Vernon, IL

#42391 Sep 30, 2013
Neil An Blowme wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a rich fantasy life.
My fantasy is your wet lips in my brown eye .yum yum.
beers

Oswego, IL

#42392 Sep 30, 2013
Neil An Blowme wrote:
<quoted text>Well which is it, numb-nuts? Science and fact or 'faith-based biblical opinion?' The two are mutually exclusive. By the way, NOTHING

NOTHING

you write has EVER been scientific fact. If you think it is, then you are completely clueless about what constitutes a scientific fact. You don't get to invent your own science and you don't get to invent your own facts. You are nothing but an opinionated, uneducated philistine.
Science invents its own facts all the time. Eggs are bad then good. Doctors once thought smoking was good for ya. Science brought you asbestos, crystal meth, heroin, LSD, etc etc etc
This And That

Livermore, CA

#42393 Sep 30, 2013
beers wrote:
<quoted text>
Science invents its own facts all the time. Eggs are bad then good. Doctors once thought smoking was good for ya. Science brought you asbestos, crystal meth, heroin, LSD, etc etc etc
What? Are you some kind of idiot to even entertain the thought that the world would be better off with out science? Penicillin,Heart transplants,any vaccine what so ever! Anti-viral drugs! On and on and on and on! Can you spell D-U-H,or even say D-U-H?

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#42394 Sep 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are lying about your name. Every time you post, all I can read is 'Dick'. I think you know that, don't you?
As to angry, not at all. In fact, the level you stoop to only shows your desperation. Everyone sees the troll behavior.
You may be a late Dick, but you have failed to address even the simple post with a reasoned response. Here, give it a shot again;
a union so profound,
A complimentary merging that multiplies the unbiased blend of humanity's genders.
Smile.
Still reposting that irrelevant piece of garbage?

It's sad to watch you illustrate just how great a fool you are.
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#42395 Oct 1, 2013
AGENDAFOOL: Those silly foolish agendists!
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Neil An Blowme

Hoboken, NJ

#42396 Oct 1, 2013
beers wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh jesus tap dancing Christ! Science "invents" facts? You're about as dumb as a bag of hammers. Go tip a few more beers.
Neil An Blowme

Hoboken, NJ

#42397 Oct 1, 2013
lickmytool wrote:
<quoted text>My fantasy is your wet lips in my brown eye .yum yum.
Try rent-boy dot com.
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#42398 Oct 1, 2013
AGENDASTATS: When the agendist thinks takes scientific knowledge too seriously. They refuse to admit that science can twist the numbers to support ANY view point.
Neil An Blowme wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh jesus tap dancing Christ! Science "invents" facts? You're about as dumb as a bag of hammers. Go tip a few more beers.
Neil An Blowme

Hoboken, NJ

#42399 Oct 1, 2013
CDC wrote:
AGENDASTATS: When the agendist thinks takes scientific knowledge too seriously. They refuse to admit that science can twist the numbers to support ANY view point.
<quoted text>
No.... people with an agenda twist the numbers to support any view point. Manipulating statistics is not science.... it's fraud.

But keep slinging your bullshit, if nothing else it's entertaining.
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#42400 Oct 1, 2013
Thanks for showing us all what fraud you are.
Neil An Blowme wrote:
<quoted text>
No.... people with an agenda twist the numbers to support any view point. Manipulating statistics is not science.... it's fraud.
But keep slinging your bullshit, if nothing else it's entertaining.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#42401 Oct 1, 2013
beers wrote:
<quoted text>
We know both the good and the bad about all of those things through science.

But the less people know about science, the easier it is for those who would misuse it to line their own pockets to do so. Science also tells us we should not rush products to market before we understand them, but greed often overrule science.

You can't blame the method of investigation for the misuse of the results.

AOL

#42402 Oct 1, 2013
Again, you can't blame the method of investigation for the misuse of the results.

Science is a method of investigation. Information obtained through science requires others to find the same results for it to be valid. That rules out "twisting the numbers" to get your desired result, as your work is available for others to see and verify or refute your results.

Decades of scientific research and clinical observation has led every mainstream medical and mental health scientific organization in the US to agree being gay is a natural expression of human love and bonding for a minority of the population.

There is no scientifically justifiable reason for refusing to treat gay people equally under the laws in effect for straight people.

Science, as well as history, has also shown that prejudice and discrimination cause needless suffering and death.

Location hidden

#42403 Oct 1, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
a union so profound,
Smile.
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Still have no reasoned rebuttal, do you.

Come on, give it a shot, entertain us with your limp wristed gay twirl!

Smile.

Location hidden

#42404 Oct 1, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
Again, you can't blame the method of investigation for the misuse of the results.
Science is a method of investigation. Information obtained through science requires others to find the same results for it to be valid. That rules out "twisting the numbers" to get your desired result, as your work is available for others to see and verify or refute your results.
Decades of scientific research and clinical observation has led every mainstream medical and mental health scientific organization in the US to agree being gay is a natural expression of human love and bonding for a minority of the population.
There is no scientifically justifiable reason for refusing to treat gay people equally under the laws in effect for straight people.
Science, as well as history, has also shown that prejudice and discrimination cause needless suffering and death.
Funny, a recent study of lesbian family studies just found them to be extremely biased and fraught with unscientific methods. Yet they are knowingly used in court cases right now.

This at the expense of children.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#42405 Oct 1, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I think
Don't do that. You're taxing your brain far too much. Let it go.

AOL

#42406 Oct 1, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny, a recent study of lesbian family studies just found them to be extremely biased and fraught with unscientific methods. Yet they are knowingly used in court cases right now.
This at the expense of children.
Documentation?

Would that change decades of clinical experience and research showing the relationship between parent and child is more important than any other variable including biology?

Your desire to dehumanize gay people doesn't change the fact all humans qualify for all human rights by virtue of being human, no matter how you choose to dehumanize them in your world.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Abby 8-30 1 min edogxxx 2
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Rev Wright 1,100,246
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Jacques from Ottawa 177,399
Amy 8-30 9 min edogxxx 2
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 18 min gcaveman1 46,321
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 51 min edogxxx 97,935
Putin warns enemies of Russia: 'It's best not t... 1 hr I like Putin 1
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••