Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS2

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Comments
36,121 - 36,140 of 49,477 Comments Last updated 6 hrs ago

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#42171 Sep 22, 2013
MirthMenace wrote:
<quoted text>kimare, why is this so important to you, personally? How does it negatively affect you in any way?
I remember when the Church rose up against divorce. Most couples worked through the ups and downs of marriage because of God, and maybe more so, because of the children. But then psychologists claimed divorce had no affect on children.

And the government intervened with no fault divorce. And the Church decided it was more important to welcome divorced people than to protect the life-long devastation it imparts on children.

I remember when the Church rallied against legalizing abortion. The shame of immorality reined in promiscuity. But doctors said the cost of back alley abortions was too great.

And the government intervened once again. And the Church decided not being harsh was more important than 40 million children being murdered.

Now the Church is being challenged to call ss couples the same as marriage. The courts say mutually sterile, duplicated gendered halves are equal to marriage.

And the government is once again poised to intervene. And the Pope is recommending that once again the Church step back.

Can't help but wonder what on earth that means for children.

All that is left is, "...and children will rise up against parents and cause them to be put to death." Matthew 10:21

Isn't that the logical response when we have brutalized the bonds of marriage and family at the expense of children?
TruthDoctor

Carbondale, IL

#42172 Sep 22, 2013
It would be nice if they worked as hard paying their bills and getting the pension fund fixed as they do on fluff issues such as gay marriage.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#42173 Sep 22, 2013
Little Joe wrote:
The people we vote into office will face God on judgment day for their sins. Same sex marriage is against the laws of God just like abortion is. God is telling mankind that this lifestyle that this country is living will burn in hell for ever....Leviticus 18:22....
Other countries have a SSM for over 10 years now. How's the fire and brimstone version of hell that exists in your mind working out for those countries?

News flash! Jesus doesn't care who your spouse is. Jesus wants you to love your neighbor. That's it.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#42174 Sep 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember when the Church rose up against divorce. Most couples worked through the ups and downs of marriage because of God, and maybe more so, because of the children. But then psychologists claimed divorce had no affect on children.
And the government intervened with no fault divorce. And the Church decided it was more important to welcome divorced people than to protect the life-long devastation it imparts on children.
I remember when the Church rallied against legalizing abortion. The shame of immorality reined in promiscuity. But doctors said the cost of back alley abortions was too great.
And the government intervened once again. And the Church decided not being harsh was more important than 40 million children being murdered.
Now the Church is being challenged to call ss couples the same as marriage. The courts say mutually sterile, duplicated gendered halves are equal to marriage.
And the government is once again poised to intervene. And the Pope is recommending that once again the Church step back.
Can't help but wonder what on earth that means for children.
All that is left is, "...and children will rise up against parents and cause them to be put to death." Matthew 10:21
Isn't that the logical response when we have brutalized the bonds of marriage and family at the expense of children?
Ever the drama queen.

Tell you what, Greg, if you're REALLY that concerned about atrocities on earth, why aren't you condemning the brutality against gay people in Russia? Every day, scores of gay men and women are beaten and killed while the Russian government looks on. Even the Russian Orthodox Church knows what is going on and turns a blind eye.

If you were a follower of Jesus, you'd be more concerned about Russian citizens than you were about the word "marriage".

That is why you're a fauxny Christian.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#42175 Sep 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

There is a vast difference between a medical condition or age preventing normal procreation, and a couple that is totally incapable of reproduction within their orientation.
So, medically speaking, there are degrees of sterility?

It's a moot point, Greg, because, procreation has NEVER been a requirement of marriage.

You're out of arguments, and you know it, but you can't let go of procreation.

By the way, still legally married, just as much as you are.

Nothing that you say or do will ever take that away from us. That's why you're nothing but a senile, silly old impotent man.
Neil An Blowme

Hoboken, NJ

#42177 Sep 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh puh-leez. What psychologist claimed divorce had no affect on children? What makes you think you can get away with such an OBVIOUS lie? Your desperation is showing.
Neil An Blowme

Hoboken, NJ

#42178 Sep 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
How many whopper lies can you put in one post? The courts never said ANYTHING close to what you are claiming.... another deliberate lie on your part.

And NO ONE is telling the church what to believe about same sex couples. This is about civil marriage. It has nothing to do with your church.

Location hidden

#42179 Sep 23, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever the drama queen.
Tell you what, Greg, if you're REALLY that concerned about atrocities on earth, why aren't you condemning the brutality against gay people in Russia? Every day, scores of gay men and women are beaten and killed while the Russian government looks on. Even the Russian Orthodox Church knows what is going on and turns a blind eye.
If you were a follower of Jesus, you'd be more concerned about Russian citizens than you were about the word "marriage".
That is why you're a fauxny Christian.
How do you know I'm not?

This forum is about ss marriage. I should ignore what is in front of my face and focus on Timbuktu?

Why do you ignore the seriousness and truth of what I address???

Location hidden

#42180 Sep 23, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
So, medically speaking, there are degrees of sterility?
It's a moot point, Greg, because, procreation has NEVER been a requirement of marriage.
You're out of arguments, and you know it, but you can't let go of procreation.
By the way, still legally married, just as much as you are.
Nothing that you say or do will ever take that away from us. That's why you're nothing but a senile, silly old impotent man.
Degrees? How about a vast distinction.

You don't have the right or the power to dictate sh/t. Well, maybe in your case... But certainly not the cross cultural historical content of marriage. Let alone the scientific essence of marriage, mating behavior and it's function.

Who do I believe Dusty, my eyes or your silly stupid ranting and temper tantrum?

Smile.

Location hidden

#42181 Sep 23, 2013
Neil An Blowme wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh puh-leez. What psychologist claimed divorce had no affect on children? What makes you think you can get away with such an OBVIOUS lie? Your desperation is showing.
There you go, talking out of your reamed a// again.

It took twenty years for studies to counter the claim that there would be no serious affect on children. That children would be better off out of an unhappy marriage. And to their shock, the affect of divorce on children followed them into their adult lives.

Damn Neil, you are one arrogant dumb ass! Will you never learn, I don't say things that I can't back up.

Location hidden

#42182 Sep 23, 2013
Neil An Blowme wrote:
<quoted text>
How many whopper lies can you put in one post? The courts never said ANYTHING close to what you are claiming.... another deliberate lie on your part.
And NO ONE is telling the church what to believe about same sex couples. This is about civil marriage. It has nothing to do with your church.
So, what is the court saying? Why didn't you just say that. All you ever do is just deny what I say. You could counter with validated facts, why don't you???

If you payed attention to the news, you'd know about what the Pope just said.

Idiot (shakes head).

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#42183 Sep 23, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted texts>
You don't have the right or the power to dictate sh/t.
Smile.
But you do?

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#42184 Sep 23, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Degrees? How about a vast distinction.
You don't have the right or the power to dictate sh/t. Well, maybe in your case... But certainly not the cross cultural historical content of marriage. Let alone the scientific essence of marriage, mating behavior and it's function.
Who do I believe Dusty, my eyes or your silly stupid ranting and temper tantrum?
Smile.
In spite of your very best efforts, we're still legally married. Your opinions and your fascination with anal sex will never change that. You're impotent to do anything about SSM.

Location hidden

#42185 Sep 23, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
But you do?
I'm dictating nothing. I'm simply noting the historical and scientific facts.
Huh

Owatonna, MN

#42186 Sep 23, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm dictating nothing. I'm simply noting the historical and scientific facts.
Yet your the one who wants laws and bans keeping away peoples civil rights. YOU WANT TO DICTATE WHO CAN AND CANT MARRY,.....
Ben Dover

Saint Louis, MO

#42187 Sep 23, 2013
No one and I mean NO ONE cares what you have to day.
Neil An Blowme wrote:
<quoted text>
Aha! Now I see why your kind are so against stem cell research. How many more years before that becomes a moot point? It WILL happen. Then what excuse will you use? As if procreation is a requirement anyway... omg. so what? who cares?
Neil fan

AOL

#42188 Sep 23, 2013
Keep up the good work Neil. I like what you have to say.
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#42189 Sep 23, 2013
AGENDABLOW: The agendist that needs to make up their own fan club.
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#42190 Sep 23, 2013
AGENDASPAMMER: the agendist that judges the TRUTH as spam.
Neil An Blowme

Hoboken, NJ

#42191 Sep 23, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go, talking out of your reamed a// again.
It took twenty years for studies to counter the claim that there would be no serious affect on children. That children would be better off out of an unhappy marriage. And to their shock, the affect of divorce on children followed them into their adult lives.
Damn Neil, you are one arrogant dumb ass! Will you never learn, I don't say things that I can't back up.
You dance funny.

No psychologist ever said that divorce would not affect children. You are a liar and a fraud.

Aren't you even the least bit embarrassed at telling that lie?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 26 min lmao 46,315
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 1 hr SLY WEST 299
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr edogxxx 97,934
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 1 hr SLY WEST 7,749
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr SLY WEST 570
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Yeah 1,100,230
Abby 8-29 2 hr pde 11
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr wojar 177,384
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••