Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS2

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Comments
36,101 - 36,120 of 48,886 Comments Last updated 15 min ago

Since: Jun 11

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

"Congress... cannot deny the liberty protected by the Due Process Clause of the Fifth Amendment.
...the principal purpose and the necessary effect of this law are to demean those persons who are in a lawful same-sex marriage. This requires the Court to hold, as it now does, that DOMA is unconstitutional as a deprivation of the liberty of the person protected by the Fifth Amendment of the Constitution..
The liberty protected by the Fifth Amendment's Due Process Clause contains within it the prohibition against denying to any person the equal protection of the laws. While the Fifth Amendment itself withdraws from the Government the power to degrade or demean in the way this law does, the equal protection guarantee of the Fourteenth Amendment makes that Fifth Amendment right all the more specific and all the better understood and preserved."

The federal statute is invalid, for no legitimate purpose overcomes the purpose and effect to disparage and to injure those whom the State, by its marriage laws, sought to protect in personhood and dignity. By seeking to displace this protection and treating those persons as living in marriages less respected than others, the federal statute is in violation of the Fifth Amendment" (Windsor)

“"Not all who wander are lost."”

Since: Mar 10

freshroast666@gmail.com

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole point of mating behavior is procreation. It is pointless for duplicate genders to engage in mating behavior.
Wife just showed me a picture of two lesbian former co-workers. One had the bride's dress, the butch a tux.
That would be a counterfeit bride and groom attempting an impostor marriage. Was anyone fooled but you?
Snicker.
i'm amused at how confounded you are over the reality that people sometimes have relationships for reasons other than procreation or sex. And that they sometimes are committed enough to each other to the the extent that they wish to form a domestic partnership wherein both parties are legally considered each other's next of kin is a concept that utterly eludes you. What is it really that troubles you so much about this concept, KiMare? It is becoming a reality in this country as it already has in many, many others. Nothing you, or those of your ilk, can say will change that. Homosexuality is nothing new. Committed and monogamous homosexual relationships are nothing new either. How does same-sex marriage affect you personally to the extent that you seem so threatened by it? What is it that drives your relentless, but futile crusade? All of your rehearsed little verbiages and catch phrases only serve to make you look myopic and hell-bent on staying that way. Why is this so important to you? There really is little that would explain your passion for this topic and the energy and time you pour into it. You're doing a fine job convincing yourself that you're right, but so far haven't managed to change a single mind to your way of thinking. So come clean, KiMare. Tell us what's really motivating you.
Neil An Blowme

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
What the 'government thinks'??? It doesn't and I could give a rip. It no longer is for the people, by the people and of the people.
Fundies, faggots, I'm not talking about those, I'm giving you basic science. All you can do is try to associate me with your bigoted ignorance.
You have nothing for what I said; ss couples are a mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered half of marriage.
Ironically, your last line,
you can lead a Republican to facts, but you canít make him think."
applies perfectly to you.
Desperation by an idiot.
Since it is the government that grants married status, they are all that matters.

Nothing

I repeat, NOTHING

you have written has ANY resemblance to science. Science is made up of facts. All you have is unsubstantiated opinion, and evidently, you never learned the difference. That makes YOU the idiot.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

LeaderOfThePack2 wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem, I assumed that was what happened. I am sure you know I support your marriage 100% and wish you all happiness.
I have to wonder why a Pastor, a supposed man of God chooses to spend all of his time on Topix posting hateful lies. Why use unregistered names to copy and paste from hate sites for years...then use a registered profile to supposedly "learn more"...only to then deem himself a "gender authority" because he has 3 nipples and tell everyone else how they should live and what they should believe?
KiMerde spends ALL of his time on forums railing against gay marriage, with an extra special disdain for gay men. His own marriage has to be a complete mess, I certainly would not take his word on anything to do with relationships - he clearly knows nothing. I wonder who his wife seeks out for companionship...
Wow, with slander like that, you really are the leader of a pack of gay wolves!

Owie!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

Not Yet Equal wrote:
"Congress... cannot deny the liberty protected by the Due Process Clause of the Fifth Amendment.
...the principal purpose and the necessary effect of this law are to demean those persons who are in a lawful same-sex marriage. This requires the Court to hold, as it now does, that DOMA is unconstitutional as a deprivation of the liberty of the person protected by the Fifth Amendment of the Constitution..
The liberty protected by the Fifth Amendment's Due Process Clause contains within it the prohibition against denying to any person the equal protection of the laws. While the Fifth Amendment itself withdraws from the Government the power to degrade or demean in the way this law does, the equal protection guarantee of the Fourteenth Amendment makes that Fifth Amendment right all the more specific and all the better understood and preserved."
The federal statute is invalid, for no legitimate purpose overcomes the purpose and effect to disparage and to injure those whom the State, by its marriage laws, sought to protect in personhood and dignity. By seeking to displace this protection and treating those persons as living in marriages less respected than others, the federal statute is in violation of the Fifth Amendment" (Windsor)
But in the end, no matter how the Constitution is twisted, ss couples will only ever be a mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered half of marriage.

ss marriage is an oxymoron. And there is not one thing you can do to change that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole point of mating behavior is procreation. It is pointless for duplicate genders to engage in mating behavior.
Wife just showed me a picture of two lesbian former co-workers. One had the bride's dress, the butch a tux.
That would be a counterfeit bride and groom attempting an impostor marriage. Was anyone fooled but you?
Snicker.
MirthMenace wrote:
<quoted text>i'm amused at how confounded you are over the reality that people sometimes have relationships for reasons other than procreation or sex. And that they sometimes are committed enough to each other to the the extent that they wish to form a domestic partnership wherein both parties are legally considered each other's next of kin is a concept that utterly eludes you. What is it really that troubles you so much about this concept, KiMare? It is becoming a reality in this country as it already has in many, many others. Nothing you, or those of your ilk, can say will change that. Homosexuality is nothing new. Committed and monogamous homosexual relationships are nothing new either. How does same-sex marriage affect you personally to the extent that you seem so threatened by it? What is it that drives your relentless, but futile crusade? All of your rehearsed little verbiages and catch phrases only serve to make you look myopic and hell-bent on staying that way. Why is this so important to you? There really is little that would explain your passion for this topic and the energy and time you pour into it. You're doing a fine job convincing yourself that you're right, but so far haven't managed to change a single mind to your way of thinking. So come clean, KiMare. Tell us what's really motivating you.
You are not amused by anything I say because it disintegrates your denial.

Nor have I ever indicated there are no other relationships apart from procreation. Or even that marriage only entails procreation.

I simply and accurately note that ss couples do not equate to marriage, or are ever capable of creating biological kinship.

You have to use gay troll attacks and ad homoan deceit and lies to respond.

Why is that necessary for a legitimate cause?
Huh

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
But in the end, no matter how the Constitution is twisted, ss couples will only ever be a mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered half of marriage.
ss marriage is an oxymoron. And there is not one thing you can do to change that.
The Constitution has to be "twisted" to get what you want. If we follow the Constitution SSM will be legal...

AND NO ONE CARES WHAT YOU NAZI PIGS THINK.....SSM WILL BE LEGAL AND YOU ODL FARST WILL BE WORM FOOD.....BYE LOSER.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

Neil An Blowme wrote:
<quoted text>
Since it is the government that grants married status, they are all that matters.
Nothing
I repeat, NOTHING
you have written has ANY resemblance to science. Science is made up of facts. All you have is unsubstantiated opinion, and evidently, you never learned the difference. That makes YOU the idiot.
Only a gay would assert that the government is all that matters.

Your unvalidated opinion does nothing to provide a reasoned response. Do you have one?

Otherwise, that makes YOU the idiot.

“well, really...”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, with slander like that, you really are the leader of a pack of gay wolves!
Owie!
Ohhh sweetie, I'm sorry...did the truth sting too much? I slander no one, I didn't even hit the tip of the iceberg yet. I know all about you...it is quite fascinating.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

LeaderOfThePack2 wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem, I assumed that was what happened. I am sure you know I support your marriage 100% and wish you all happiness.
I have to wonder why a Pastor, a supposed man of God chooses to spend all of his time on Topix posting hateful lies. Why use unregistered names to copy and paste from hate sites for years...then use a registered profile to supposedly "learn more"...only to then deem himself a "gender authority" because he has 3 nipples and tell everyone else how they should live and what they should believe?
KiMerde spends ALL of his time on forums railing against gay marriage, with an extra special disdain for gay men. His own marriage has to be a complete mess, I certainly would not take his word on anything to do with relationships - he clearly knows nothing. I wonder who his wife seeks out for companionship...
I see nothing slanderous here. Just the facts, ma'am, just the facts.

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

And still, no law in the US requires procretion ability or intent, nor even ability to have sex, and sterile couples continue to get married, and have sex or not.

Marriage remains a fundamental right of all persons. Gender is still not a valid restriction.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

LeaderOfThePack2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ohhh sweetie, I'm sorry...did the truth sting too much? I slander no one, I didn't even hit the tip of the iceberg yet. I know all about you...it is quite fascinating.
I embrace the truth. Why would that sting?

You don't know squat.

But hey, go for it!

Smile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

Not Yet Equal wrote:
And still, no law in the US requires procretion ability or intent, nor even ability to have sex, and sterile couples continue to get married, and have sex or not.
Marriage remains a fundamental right of all persons. Gender is still not a valid restriction.
From start to finish, ss couples will only ever be a mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered half of marriage.
And there is not a single thing you can say or do to change that.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
From start to finish, ss couples will only ever be a mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered half of marriage.
From start to finish, hubby and I are legally married.

There's not a single thing you can say, or do, to change that.
haha

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>From start to finish, ss couples will only ever be a mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered half of marriage.
Ss couples have babies all the time , your point is pointless, BTW ss couples are better parents than some baby momma getting pregnant by baby dayy every other year

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Fortunately, your prejudice doesn't change the fact your requirements have nothing to do with the legal requirements of marriage. Procreation and ability to have sex are pointless when it comes to the fundamental right of marriage belonging to all persons.

Sterile opposite sex couples will remain sterile, and fully married, just as same sex couples who marry remain fully married.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

haha wrote:
<quoted text>
Ss couples have babies all the time , your point is pointless, BTW ss couples are better parents than some baby momma getting pregnant by baby dayy every other year
Lol, sorry to inform you, but no ss couple has ever procreated.

Zero. Zip. Not a single one ever in all of human existence.

Idiot.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
Fortunately, your prejudice doesn't change the fact your requirements have nothing to do with the legal requirements of marriage. Procreation and ability to have sex are pointless when it comes to the fundamental right of marriage belonging to all persons.
Sterile opposite sex couples will remain sterile, and fully married, just as same sex couples who marry remain fully married.
100% barren and desolate.

A pointlessly duplicate gendered half of marriage.

Clearly not equal and clearly not the same.

Even a child can tell the difference.
Neil An Blowme

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right, because it doesn't exist. The State only cares about legal marriages, and there is only one kind. Marriage..... like the one the government gave you... same one everyone else gets... marriage.

The government grants the same benefits, rights and privileges to all legally married couples. You are no better/worse than any other married couple. You hate that. What you hate worse is being made to look like a fool by the State. Awwww.......... But doesn't that play conveniently into your persecution complex. You religiturds LOVE to claim persecution... Look at my persecution merit badge! I'm a "real" Christian.

Anyhow, since the benefits/privileges/rights of marriage come from the State, all that matters to me is what THEY think. Not you.

We get that you have an issue with homosexuality. Well, it usually stems from a lack of information, but I realize now, since this study came out
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/09/20/you-c... that people such as you prefer the voices in your head over the facts.

You'll adapt sooner or later, or you'll just die one day. You can't avoid both.

If you can't change your mind, are you sure you still have one?

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

How many os couples over the age of 55 reproduce? How many who have had an operation or accident that renders them sterile reproduce? Yet, they still get married.

As even anti-gay Justice Scalia recognizes, procreation has never been a requirement for marriage to remain a fundamental right of all persons, in any state or federal law.

Gender is irrelevant to the fundamental right of marriage. Anti-gay prejudice does not change that well recognized fact of law.

And yet gay people continue to reproduce and raise children. Denial of legal equality provides nothing to os couples, while harming the families of ss couples.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

106 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Abby 7-24 10 min Sublime1 29
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min ritedownthemiddle 1,079,434
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 12 min voice of peace 67,906
Possible Health Effects of Radiation Exposure a... 15 min CDC 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 32 min Rogue Scholar 05 174,523
Avoid Victory Auto Wreckers 35 min Wrecked 12
Presidential library planned for Chicago Chicag... 35 min bensleys thoughts 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr edogxxx 97,521
Amy 7-24 1 hr Kuuipo 18
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••