Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS2

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Comments
36,021 - 36,040 of 49,521 Comments Last updated 6 min ago

“'It's A Brave New World"”

Since: Sep 11

Carmel California

#42056 Sep 19, 2013
beers wrote:
<quoted text>
Those deceived by worthless things lose their chance for mercy.(Jonah 2:8 CEB)
Proud and haughty scorner is his name, who dealeth in proud wrath.(Proverbs 21:24 KJV)
Fact,King James was gay! We live in a secular nation and not a theocracy! Now go into the church of your choice,shut and lock the doors and preach to the choir,those of us who believe differently than you don't want to hear it and that is our right! Constitution trumps bible in this great nation and I thank Zeus for that! "Judge NOT lest ye be judged"

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#42057 Sep 19, 2013
MirthMenace wrote:
<quoted text>Perfect. He cites the Bible to make his point. The Bible is a load of sh!t and should be regarded with the same level of gravity one would ascribe to Mother Goose. Using your Bible is probably not going to be a sound strategy for being taken seriously by those you want to convince.
Exodus 33:18-23 (NASB)
18 Then Moses said, "I pray You, show me Your glory!"
19 And He said, "I Myself will make all My goodness pass before you, and will proclaim the name of the LORD before you; and I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show compassion on whom I will show compassion."
20 But He said, "You cannot see My face, for no man can see Me and live!"
21 Then the LORD said, "Behold, there is a place by Me, and you shall stand there on the rock;
22 and it will come about, while My glory is passing by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock and cover you with My hand until I have passed by.
23 "Then I will take My hand away and you shall see My back, but My face shall not be seen."

Note;
-Seeing God was a life-threatening danger.
-God used three forms of protection for the radiation;
Behind a rock
Shielded with His hand
Only allowed a partial view (back)

Exodus 34:29-35 (NASB)
29 It came about when Moses was coming down from Mount Sinai (and the two tablets of the testimony were in Moses' hand as he was coming down from the mountain), that Moses did not know that the skin of his face shone because of his speaking with Him.
30 So when Aaron and all the sons of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone, and they were afraid to come near him.
31 Then Moses called to them, and Aaron and all the rulers in the congregation returned to him; and Moses spoke to them.
32 Afterward all the sons of Israel came near, and he commanded them to do everything that the LORD had spoken to him on Mount Sinai.
33 When Moses had finished speaking with them, he put a veil over his face.
34 But whenever Moses went in before the LORD to speak with Him, he would take off the veil until he came out; and whenever he came out and spoke to the sons of Israel what he had been commanded,
35 the sons of Israel would see the face of Moses, that the skin of Moses' face shone. So Moses would replace the veil over his face until he went in to speak with Him.

Note; The effect of radiation.

Please explain how a accurate description of radiation's danger, affect and protection appeared in a story about a Alien visiting humans in a fiction book written by numerous authors, distorted by time and translation occurred.

Smile.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#42058 Sep 19, 2013
MirthMenace wrote:
<quoted text>And you have yet to prove any of your claims are not nonsense. But all that aside, try answering my questions instead of inventing new talking points. Where did I "make a silly foolish attempt to label science as 'religion'. And evolution at that!"? What the hell is a counterfeit relationship?
I made well known statement of evolutionary science that you cannot rebut. Nothing about religion. Yet you labeled by response as religious based.

Calling a mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered half 'marriage' is a counterfeit relationship, and an extremely poor one at that.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#42060 Sep 19, 2013
AGENDACUT: When 2 (or more) agendists get into some heavy scissor action and end up cutting themselves.

AGENDAID: fixes the above injury

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
beers

Oswego, IL

#42061 Sep 19, 2013
Been There Did That wrote:
<quoted text>Fact,King James was gay! We live in a secular nation and not a theocracy! Now go into the church of your choice,shut and lock the doors and preach to the choir,those of us who believe differently than you don't want to hear it and that is our right! Constitution trumps bible in this great nation and I thank Zeus for that! "Judge NOT lest ye be judged"
http://www.chick.com/reading/books/158/158_03...
Nothing trumps the bible. And you forgot the rest
Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye. Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you. Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:(Matthew 7:5-7 KJV)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Carmel California

#42062 Sep 19, 2013
beers wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing trumps the bible. And you forgot the rest
Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye. Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you. Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:(Matthew 7:5-7 KJV)
So says the brain washed sheeple! Next thing you'll be trying to tell us the planet is only 6,000 years old like the bible states! LoL,Again so sorry to inform you,but the Constitution does in fact trump your bible in this nation which is in fact a secular country! I know,you go and try to teach Christianity in the public schools and let us know what happens! More proof that you're full of it! So again bible thumping hate boy you are wrong,wrong,wrong and my GOD Zeus says so! Now get inside that church,lock the doors and preach to the choir,you are off topic and you need to go to a religious thread and babble all you want! So very glad that I could help you out!
left out

Orland Park, IL

#42063 Sep 19, 2013
Every legal citizen in this country should have the same rights, and should be equally protected under the same laws. NO group or individual should be treated differently.
Neil An Blowme

Hoboken, NJ

#42065 Sep 19, 2013
beers wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing trumps the bible.
Your Buybull isn't even part of game. It is irrelevant in matters of civil law.
Neil An Blowme

Hoboken, NJ

#42066 Sep 19, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
19 And He said, "I Myself will make all My goodness pass before you, and will proclaim the name of the LORD before you; and I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show compassion on whom I will show compassion."
21 Then the LORD said, "Behold, there is a place by Me, and you shall stand there on the rock;
22 and it will come about, while My glory is passing by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock and cover you with My hand until I have passed by.
23 "Then I will take My hand away and you shall see My back, but My face shall not be seen."
Note;
Behind a rock
Shielded with His hand
29 It came about when Moses was coming down from Mount Sinai (and the two tablets of the testimony were in Moses' hand as he was coming down from the mountain), that Moses did not know that the skin of his face shone because of his speaking with Him.
30 So when Aaron and all the sons of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone, and they were afraid to come near him.
31 Then Moses called to them, and Aaron and all the rulers in the congregation returned to him; and Moses spoke to them.
32 Afterward all the sons of Israel came near, and he commanded them to do everything that the LORD had spoken to him on Mount Sinai.
34 But whenever Moses went in before the LORD to speak with Him, he would take off the veil until he came out; and whenever he came out and spoke to the sons of Israel what he had been commanded,
35 the sons of Israel would see the face of Moses, that the skin of Moses' face shone. So Moses would replace the veil over his face until he went in to speak with Him.
Please explain how a accurate description of radiation's danger, affect and protection appeared in a story about a Alien visiting humans in a fiction book written by numerous authors, distorted by time and translation occurred.
Smile.
Contrary to popular belief, radiation doesn't make humans glow or shine. If Moses had a red face, he was probably drunk.
Neil An Blowme

Hoboken, NJ

#42067 Sep 19, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I made well known statement of evolutionary science that you cannot rebut.
Oh horseshit, you big liar. Marriage has nothing to do with evolution.

Who do you think you're kidding? NONE OF US are as stupid as you.
beers

Oswego, IL

#42068 Sep 19, 2013
<quoted text>So says the brain washed sheeple! Next thing you'll be trying to tell us the planet is only 6,000 years old like the bible states! LoL,Again so sorry to inform you,but the Constitution does in fact trump your bible in this nation which is in fact a secular country! I know,you go and try to teach Christianity in the public schools and let us know what happens! More proof that you're full of it! So again bible thumping hate boy you are wrong,wrong,wrong and my GOD Zeus says so! Now get inside that church,lock the doors and preach to the choir,you are off topic and you need to go to a religious thread and babble all you want! So very glad that I could help you out!
Sounds like your the only one w/ hate in their heart. Maybe you should pray to Zeus. Hopefully that will bring you peace.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Neil An Blowme

Hoboken, NJ

#42069 Sep 19, 2013
MirthMenace wrote:
<quoted text>Perfect. He cites the Bible to make his point. The Bible is a load of sh!t and should be regarded with the same level of gravity one would ascribe to Mother Goose. Using your Bible is probably not going to be a sound strategy for being taken seriously by those you want to convince.
I know! Can you believe he actually thinks we're as stupid as he is? He makes shit up and then calls it "well known evolutionary science." Well known BULLSHIT is more like it.
Neil An Blowme

Hoboken, NJ

#42070 Sep 19, 2013
beers wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like your the only one w/ hate in their heart. Maybe you should pray to Zeus. Hopefully that will bring you peace.
The demise of phony Christians like you will bring about peace.

Location hidden

#42071 Sep 19, 2013
<quoted text>
So says the brain washed sheeple! Next thing you'll be trying to tell us the planet is only 6,000 years old like the bible states! LoL,Again so sorry to inform you,but the Constitution does in fact trump your bible in this nation which is in fact a secular country! I know,you go and try to teach Christianity in the public schools and let us know what happens! More proof that you're full of it! So again bible thumping hate boy you are wrong,wrong,wrong and my GOD Zeus says so! Now get inside that church,lock the doors and preach to the choir,you are off topic and you need to go to a religious thread and babble all you want! So very glad that I could help you out!

Note;
Behind a rock
Shielded with His hand

Smile.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Carmel California

#42072 Sep 19, 2013
beers wrote:
<quoted text>
And just like every thing else(garbage) you've posted,surprise wrong once again! I can state without a shadow of a doubt that I don't hate anyone! I'm just an old straight guy who hates bigotry and hypocritical bible thumper's like you for attempting to with hold the very same rights you enjoy as an American and at the same time with hold them from the gay population who are in fact entitled to the very same Constitutional rights as every one else! You are now in the minority,and if Jesus wasn't a fictional character he would in fact be weeping for you! He was a liberal you know and never said word one about gays! Must have not been to important to him! Keep your religion to yourself and again that is my right under our great Constitution which in fact does trump your bible of hate! YOU are the hater fool!

Location hidden

#42073 Sep 19, 2013
Neil An Blowme wrote:
<quoted text>
Contrary to popular belief, radiation doesn't make humans glow or shine. If Moses had a red face, he was probably drunk.
As a matter of fact, there is a radiation that causes a blue glow. However, keep in mind this is an alien with unknown factors.

Also note that the passage indicates the Alien directed them by hovering over them as a 'cloud' by day and 'fire' by night.

There are profound signs of things we only have discovered in the last century. Add to those things, the fact that the promise made to the Israelites at the mountain has been proved true in our time.

How do you explain these things???

Smile.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Neil An Blowme

Hoboken, NJ

#42074 Sep 19, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
As a matter of fact, there is a radiation that causes a blue glow. However, keep in mind this is an alien with unknown factors.
Also note that the passage indicates the Alien directed them by hovering over them as a 'cloud' by day and 'fire' by night.
There are profound signs of things we only have discovered in the last century. Add to those things, the fact that the promise made to the Israelites at the mountain has been proved true in our time.
How do you explain these things???
Smile.
How do I explain these things? they are delusions of someone bereft of education. Nothing in your silly story has been proven true.

Location hidden

#42075 Sep 19, 2013
Neil An Blowme wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh horseshit, you big liar. Marriage has nothing to do with evolution.
Who do you think you're kidding? NONE OF US are as stupid as you.
You really should do a little research before you make stupid statements like that.

I did a quick search, and this was the first thing that came up;

http://www.psy.cmu.edu/~rakison/bussandschmit...

I'd also suggest you do some reading about human mating behavior.

I came on here to understand the issue. You might try that too...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#42076 Sep 19, 2013
Neil An Blowme wrote:
<quoted text>
How do I explain these things? they are delusions of someone bereft of education. Nothing in your silly story has been proven true.
Neil, get your head out of your ass.

That is a perfect depiction of radiation and it's danger.

One of the atheist talking points is mocking the law restricting eating shell fish.

Did you know that at this time, 20% of seafood eaten is shellfish.
And that 80% of seafood poisoning is because of shellfish?

How did that law and countless others like it end up in an ancient fiction book?

At this point, all you have done is rudely scoff while exposing yourself as an ignorant arrogant ass. Maybe you don't know as much as you think you do???

And all I am is a near senile old jack ass.

Smile.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#42077 Sep 19, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You really should do a little research before you make stupid statements like that.
I did a quick search, and this was the first thing that came up;
http://www.psy.cmu.edu/~rakison/bussandschmit...
I'd also suggest you do some reading about human mating behavior.
I came on here to understand the issue. You might try that too...
You should probably get a divorce, given that your marriage is now a sterile plural marriage. If you can't breed babies, you're not pleasing in God's eyes.

KiMare

Location hidden

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min John Galt 1,100,304
Diversity is a codeword for white genocide 11 min ABSOLUTELYjigsWON 2
last post wins! (Apr '13) 12 min boundary painter 333
Quinn allows increased tax on cell phones in sh... 17 min WhenAtCUBRatesRoc... 2
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 17 min boundary painter 1,257
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 27 min I choose shytcago 42
Word (Dec '08) 28 min boundary painter 4,653
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques from Ottawa 177,400
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr trying to keep up 97,936
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info