Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 Full story: CBS2 51,243

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Full Story
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#42036 Sep 17, 2013
AGENDAFLUNKED: pretty obvious.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
disgusted

Addison, IL

#42037 Sep 17, 2013
God save us.....

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#42038 Sep 17, 2013
"Prejudice, we are beginning to understand, rises not from malice or hostile animus alone. It may result as well from insensitivity caused by simple want of careful, rational reflection or from some instinctive mechanism to guard against people who appear to be different in some respects from ourselves." (Golinski)

"As irrational prejudice plainly never constitutes a legitimate government interest, this court must hold that Section 3 of DOMA as applied to Plaintiffs violates the equal protection principles embodied in the Fifth Amendment to the United States Constitution." (Gill)

http://docfiles.justia.com/cases/federal/dist...

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#42039 Sep 17, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
"Prejudice, we are beginning to understand, rises not from malice or hostile animus alone. It may result as well from insensitivity caused by simple want of careful, rational reflection or from some instinctive mechanism to guard against people who appear to be different in some respects from ourselves." (Golinski)
"As irrational prejudice plainly never constitutes a legitimate government interest, this court must hold that Section 3 of DOMA as applied to Plaintiffs violates the equal protection principles embodied in the Fifth Amendment to the United States Constitution." (Gill)
Here is simple clear and honest reality;

Marriage is a miraculous union of two genders,
a union so profound,
it is described as the union of Mars and Venus.
It reunites humanity to the roots of life,
while at the very same time
hosting the best and natural
birth place of future human life.
It is the blend of masculinity and femininity.
The wisdom of logic and intuition united.
Strength and delicacy perfectly balanced.
Protection and nurture combined as one.
A complimentary merging that multiplies the unbiased blend of humanity's genders.

A ss couple cannot equate to a single one of these distinctions.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#42040 Sep 17, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
Here is some more;

At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

Ss couples are a defective failure of mating behavior. Clearly not equal to marriage.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#42041 Sep 17, 2013
Poetry and prejudice aside, marriage remains a fundamental right of the individual.

Attach whatever extra meaning you choose to your own marriage. Others will do the same.

The law recognizes marriage remains a fundamental right of the individual, even when procreation and sex are impossible. Gender is not a valid legal restriction.

“"Not all who wander are lost."”

Since: Mar 10

freshroast666@gmail.com

#42042 Sep 17, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is some more;
At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
Ss couples are a defective failure of mating behavior. Clearly not equal to marriage.
still regurgitating the same nonsense, I see. You do seem to have made this your life's purpose. What happened in your life that robbed you of your empathy? Tell me why anything you continue to spew should be a basis for civil law. What is it about same-sex marriage that keeps you so focused on your futile crusade? Maybe you should try to get yourself elected to public service so you can actually make the changes you want to make. Of course, finding a location where a majority of the voting constituency will be in step with your ideas might prove difficult...but not impossible. I have to think your best chance might be in areas where education is not a priority, like someplace in the Bible Belt.
beers

Oswego, IL

#42043 Sep 17, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>Here is some more;

Keep up the good fight.They will one day truly see.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

freshroast666@gmail.com

#42044 Sep 17, 2013
beers wrote:
<quoted text>
How will you know when they "truly see"? What are you fighting to achieve?
beers

Oswego, IL

#42045 Sep 17, 2013
MirthMenace wrote:
<quoted text>How will you know when they "truly see"? What are you fighting to achieve?
Not fighting, just living. What are you denying?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#42046 Sep 18, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
Poetry and prejudice aside, marriage remains a fundamental right of the individual.
Attach whatever extra meaning you choose to your own marriage. Others will do the same.
The law recognizes marriage remains a fundamental right of the individual, even when procreation and sex are impossible. Gender is not a valid legal restriction.
Sarcastically labeling a list of distinctions as 'poetry' and slandering it's content as prejudice is not a reasoned argument.

Nor is calling completely normal aspects of marriage 'extra'.

Censoring marriage to a manipulation of law is obviously the tactic of a rat to gain access through a sewer pipe.

In the end, absolutely nothing you said changes the distinctions I listed one iota. Not one.

Even with your fraudulent abuse of the law, the simple, obvious common sense factors I note disrupt and destroy your fantasy.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#42047 Sep 18, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is some more;
MirthMenace wrote:
<quoted text>still regurgitating the same nonsense, I see. You do seem to have made this your life's purpose. What happened in your life that robbed you of your empathy? Tell me why anything you continue to spew should be a basis for civil law. What is it about same-sex marriage that keeps you so focused on your futile crusade? Maybe you should try to get yourself elected to public service so you can actually make the changes you want to make. Of course, finding a location where a majority of the voting constituency will be in step with your ideas might prove difficult...but not impossible. I have to think your best chance might be in areas where education is not a priority, like someplace in the Bible Belt.
You have yet to prove one point of the statement as nonsense.

Instead, you make a silly foolish attempt to label science as 'religion'. And evolution at that!

The reality? YOU are denying not religion, but science to excuse a clearly counterfeit relationship.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#42048 Sep 18, 2013
beers wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, I appreciate that.

Their problem is they do see, they just demand we deny it with them.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
daly

United States

#42049 Sep 18, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, I appreciate that.
I oppose gays.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
usickfuxks

Centralia, IL

#42050 Sep 18, 2013
Aids = Another Infected Dixk Sucker.lol

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
beers

Oswego, IL

#42051 Sep 18, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you, I appreciate that.

For I know this, that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock. Also from among yourselves men will rise up, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after themselves. Therefore watch, and remember that for three years I did not cease to warn everyone night and day with tears.(Acts 20:29-31 NKJV)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Dude McGhee

Manhattan, IL

#42052 Sep 18, 2013
beers wrote:
<quoted text>
For I know this, that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock. Also from among yourselves men will rise up, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after themselves. Therefore watch, and remember that for three years I did not cease to warn everyone night and day with tears.(Acts 20:29-31 NKJV)
so are you the giver or givee? I like both, my butt hole is lubed right now, but I also don't mind sliding into a mans stinky hole.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

freshroast666@gmail.com

#42053 Sep 18, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is some more;
<quoted text>
You have yet to prove one point of the statement as nonsense.
Instead, you make a silly foolish attempt to label science as 'religion'. And evolution at that!
The reality? YOU are denying not religion, but science to excuse a clearly counterfeit relationship.
And you have yet to prove any of your claims are not nonsense. But all that aside, try answering my questions instead of inventing new talking points. Where did I "make a silly foolish attempt to label science as 'religion'. And evolution at that!"? What the hell is a counterfeit relationship?

freshroast666@gmail.com

#42054 Sep 18, 2013
beers wrote:
<quoted text>
Perfect. He cites the Bible to make his point. The Bible is a load of sh!t and should be regarded with the same level of gravity one would ascribe to Mother Goose. Using your Bible is probably not going to be a sound strategy for being taken seriously by those you want to convince.
beers

Oswego, IL

#42055 Sep 18, 2013
MirthMenace wrote:
<quoted text>Perfect. He cites the Bible to make his point. The Bible is a load of sh!t and should be regarded with the same level of gravity one would ascribe to Mother Goose. Using your Bible is probably not going to be a sound strategy for being taken seriously by
those you want to convince.
Those deceived by worthless things lose their chance for mercy.(Jonah 2:8 CEB)

Proud and haughty scorner is his name, who dealeth in proud wrath.(Proverbs 21:24 KJV)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 14 min No Surprize 1,144,047
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 37 min SpaceBlues 48,585
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 58 min Jacques Ottawa 180,917
anybody know Glen Musielak? Glentech? (Mar '13) 1 hr Gary Seven 38
My true thoughts about this song. 2 hr dumbwhore 2
EverGreen Belgrade 5 hr aqif blyta 11
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 5 hr Swedenforever 54,527
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:26 pm PST

Bleacher Report 7:26PM
Bold Predictions for Colts Week 13 Matchup