Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS2

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Comments
35,961 - 35,980 of 48,865 Comments Last updated 6 hrs ago
CUZ

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
There are NO legitimate studies of lesbian couples compared to hetero couples. There are NO studies of gay couples parenting.
Common sense should tell you that a child needs and deserves both genders parenting.
On the contrary. There are MANY studies done over the last 30 years referring gay vs. straight parenting. A recent report in the American Journal of Pediatrics reads: Many studies have demonstrated that children's well-being is affected much more by their relationships with their parents, their parents' sense of competence and security, and the presence of social and economic support for the family than by the gender or sexual orientation of their parents. Lack of opportunity for same-gender couples to marry adds to families' stress, which affects the health and welfare of all household members. Because marriage strengthens families and, in so doing, benefits children's development, children should not be deprived of the opportunity for their parents to be married. Paths to parenthood that include assisted reproductive techniques, adoption, and foster parenting should focus on competency of the parents rather than their sexual orientation.(Report co-authored by Benjamin Siegel, a School of Medicine professor of pediatrics, and Ellen Perrin, a Tufts University professor of pediatrics and director of development and behavioral pediatrics.

There are good gay parents and bad gay parents, just as there are good straight parents and bad straight parents. Sexual orientation doesn't matter. Only to the homophobes out there.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

CUZ wrote:
<quoted text>
On the contrary. There are MANY studies done over the last 30 years referring gay vs. straight parenting. A recent report in the American Journal of Pediatrics reads: Many studies have demonstrated that children's well-being is affected much more by their relationships with their parents, their parents' sense of competence and security, and the presence of social and economic support for the family than by the gender or sexual orientation of their parents. Lack of opportunity for same-gender couples to marry adds to families' stress, which affects the health and welfare of all household members. Because marriage strengthens families and, in so doing, benefits children's development, children should not be deprived of the opportunity for their parents to be married. Paths to parenthood that include assisted reproductive techniques, adoption, and foster parenting should focus on competency of the parents rather than their sexual orientation.(Report co-authored by Benjamin Siegel, a School of Medicine professor of pediatrics, and Ellen Perrin, a Tufts University professor of pediatrics and director of development and behavioral pediatrics.
There are good gay parents and bad gay parents, just as there are good straight parents and bad straight parents. Sexual orientation doesn't matter. Only to the homophobes out there.
Post just one of the studies with the methods used.

Smile
Cell mate

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

Brandon Gaines wrote:
ya the hell with all that its adam and eve NOT steve and steve. we werent made to be pounding other dudes booty holes if yall into that go to the joint and I'm sure plenty of guys will pound ya out hoooooooomooooos
Hoping to see ya soon for booty.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
'Adult genitals'?
That's how you view parenting?
And you see no distinction between a father and mother? Wonder how your parents feel getting thrown under the bus...
You only prove why SS couples are unqualified to be parents.
Dipshit, you're the one who keeps claiming that there should be one male and one female in a child's life. So what purpose do genitals serve in raising children?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
'Adult genitals'?
That's how you view parenting?
And you see no distinction between a father and mother? Wonder how your parents feel getting thrown under the bus...
You only prove why SS couples are unqualified to be parents.
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Dipshit, you're the one who keeps claiming that there should be one male and one female in a child's life. So what purpose do genitals serve in raising children?
You are again describing a mother and father as simply being 'genitals'???

You are a dipshit and an ass all in one.

Stay away from children!
CUZ

Chicago Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Post just one of the studies with the methods used.
Smile
Here are just 3 of the many: Melbourne University in Australia: Australian Study of Child Health in Same-Sex Families, The Williams Institute - Predictors of Psychological Adjustment in Early Placed Adopted Children with Lesbian, Gay, and Heterosexual Parents, and Cambridge University Centre for Family Research - I've Got Two Dads and They Adopted Me. You can look up the methods used yourself.

The bottom line is this: I can find a hundred reports to support gay marriage and you will never change your mind anyway because you don't want to believe them. It doesn't matter. Gay marriage is coming no matter what. The writing is on the wall. It's just a matter of time.

Smile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

CUZ wrote:
<quoted text>
Here are just 3 of the many: Melbourne University in Australia: Australian Study of Child Health in Same-Sex Families, The Williams Institute - Predictors of Psychological Adjustment in Early Placed Adopted Children with Lesbian, Gay, and Heterosexual Parents, and Cambridge University Centre for Family Research - I've Got Two Dads and They Adopted Me. You can look up the methods used yourself.
The bottom line is this: I can find a hundred reports to support gay marriage and you will never change your mind anyway because you don't want to believe them. It doesn't matter. Gay marriage is coming no matter what. The writing is on the wall. It's just a matter of time.
Smile.
Melbourne University in Australia: Australian Study of Child Health in Same-Sex Families:

Who are the study participants?

For this study we will be working with same-sex attracted parents in order to develop a complete picture of the health and wellbeing of their children. We will also be working with children over the age of 10 years who have same-sex attracted parents.

How is information collected?

The study will begin by inviting participants to complete a questionnaire. The questionnaire will be available online or can be sent by mail for those who might prefer this.

Following the initial questionnaire some participants will be invited to take part in more in depth interviews to help us create a more detailed picture of child health and wellbeing.

A questionnaire?

(Such as, "Do you molest your child?" ~ If you answer yes, you wil be arrested...)

No comparison group?

No long term evaluation?

Too funny cuz...

However, that is the typical case with these studies. At least that is the findings of a study of those studies...

Perhaps YOU can find a legit one like I asked???

Smile.
CUZ

Chicago Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

As I said, there will be no satisfying you. And again, it doesn't matter. We have already won.

SMILE

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

Marriage is a miraculous union of two genders,
a union so profound,
it is described as the union of Mars and Venus.
It reunites humanity to the roots of life,
while at the very same time
hosting the best and natural
birth place of future human life.
It is the blend of masculinity and femininity.
The wisdom of logic and intuition united.
Strength and delicacy perfectly balanced.
Protection and nurture combined as one.
A complimentary merging that multiplies the unbiased blend of humanity's genders.

A ss couple cannot equate to a single one of these distinctions.
Scott

Manhattan, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

CUZ wrote:
As I said, there will be no satisfying you. And again, it doesn't matter. We have already won.
SMILE
Actually you haven't won anything. Right now you are just getting your way, getting people to believe that a sinful life is ok but in the end you will have lost and lost big. So enjoy it while you still can.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
a union so profound,
A complimentary merging that multiplies the unbiased blend of humanity's genders.
Hunty, We've already won. If your piece of shit poem makes you feel all warm and wet, like peeing yourself, then keep repeating it.

Still married.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

The Chocolate Jew wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you eat s**t very often?
NEVER. Do you?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
a union so profound,
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Hunty, We've already won. If your piece of shit poem makes you feel all warm and wet, like peeing yourself, then keep repeating it.
Still married.
In your face, distinctions between marriage and your facade.

And there is not one damn thing you or your piece of paper can do about it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

Mickey wrote:
Its sad, sad, sad... The Deep South has become more tolerant than this meth bed.
You people can't keep your kids from poverty and drug addiction, getting knocked up by 17, and aspiring to grow up and work at Continental (just like Daddy!)...
But you are worried about what gay people are doing?
Do something positive. Instead trying to hurt a happy couple because your imaginary fire-bush god of talking snakes and magic apples told you gayness wrong....
YOU could choose to not be gay, and then when you are perfect and without any sin... Start casting stones. Until then, you are just another sinner trying to act like god loves you more.
Gross.
What a bigoted hateful post!

At its most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

SS couples are a defective failure of mating behavior.

Clearly enequal at the most basic level.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
a union so profound,
<quoted text>
In your face, distinctions between marriage and your facade.
And there is not one damn thing you or your piece of paper can do about it.
Gurl, the distinction exists only in your mind. Marriage is marriage. I don't need validation from the genetic freak. I'm fully married, in every sense of the word. The psychotic ramblings of a monster mutation mean nothing...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Gurl, the distinction exists only in your mind. Marriage is marriage. I don't need validation from the genetic freak. I'm fully married, in every sense of the word. The psychotic ramblings of a monster mutation mean nothing...
You need to get help honey. Gender is a figment of my imagination? Your desperation is making you stupid.

Too funny. LOL

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to get help honey. Gender is a figment of my imagination? Your desperation is making you stupid.
Too funny. LOL
Try to keep up with me, squirrel-friend.

I've never said anything about gender being a figment of your imagination.

I've said that gender is completely irrelevant to marriage and parenting. Just as your opinions are irrelevant to marriage. Spew your hatred all day long and fill your Depends with crap. In the end, you have no authority over my marriage.
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

AGENDASNACK?
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
NEVER. Do you?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Try to keep up with me, squirrel-friend.
I've never said anything about gender being a figment of your imagination.
I've said that gender is completely irrelevant to marriage and parenting. Just as your opinions are irrelevant to marriage. Spew your hatred all day long and fill your Depends with crap. In the end, you have no authority over my marriage.
Don't back track now liar. You labeled my post as. Opinion

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't back track now liar. You labeled my post as. Opinion
"And the prayer of faith shall save the sick," James 5:13-15

It hasn't saved you KiMare, now has it. You are still just as sick as the day you posted your first post in Topix.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 23 at 9:06PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search