Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 Full story: CBS2 49,806

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Full Story

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#41940 Sep 9, 2013
Sally wrote:
<quoted text>They pay surrogates and then reproduce
Many sperm donors are voluntary. Surrogates tend to charge, unless they are a member of the family.

How a child came to be fails to provide any excuse for treating the child any differently from other children.

While children benefit from having parents who are married, they are not a requirement for marriage.

Procreation has never been a requirement in any state or federal law. It fails as an excuse for denial of the fundamental right of marriage. Gender is an irrational restriction in the states that continue to use it as an excuse.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#41941 Sep 9, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
Many sperm donors are voluntary. Surrogates tend to charge, unless they are a member of the family.
How a child came to be fails to provide any excuse for treating the child any differently from other children.
While children benefit from having parents who are married, they are not a requirement for marriage.
Procreation has never been a requirement in any state or federal law. It fails as an excuse for denial of the fundamental right of marriage. Gender is an irrational restriction in the states that continue to use it as an excuse.
Not being a 'requirement' could be because married couples need protection NOT TO PROCREATE.

Gay couples on the other hand, need protection to have INTERCOURSE! To top that off, they are 100% barren within their relationship!

Makes you attempt at making new rules moronic...

AOL

#41942 Sep 9, 2013
Insults reveal your argument has no merit.

Sterile people as well as those with no ability to have sex are recognized as retaining the fundamental right of marriage. Because marriage is a fundamental right of all persons, facts of sexual ability and procreation ability are irrelevant, and insufficient to deny this right.

Yet same sex couples are raising children, and denial of the legal protections of marriage to their family, only harms them, while providing no benefit to opposite sex parent families, or couples who choose not to reproduce, or are unable.

Your personal prejudice is fine for your own life, but it has no place in the law.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#41943 Sep 9, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly honey.
All fact.
Your marriage is a fraud.
You're the fraud, attempting to pass off your bigoted opinions as fact.

If your opinions were real, I wouldn't be in a SSM now, would I?

Location hidden

#41944 Sep 9, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
Insults reveal your argument has no merit.
Sterile people as well as those with no ability to have sex are recognized as retaining the fundamental right of marriage. Because marriage is a fundamental right of all persons, facts of sexual ability and procreation ability are irrelevant, and insufficient to deny this right.
Yet same sex couples are raising children, and denial of the legal protections of marriage to their family, only harms them, while providing no benefit to opposite sex parent families, or couples who choose not to reproduce, or are unable.
Your personal prejudice is fine for your own life, but it has no place in the law.
Heterosexual couples are allowed to marry because until recently, there was no means of knowing whether they were sterile or not.

A far cry from a duplicate gendered couples who are totally barren.

Marriage defines a distinct relationship. Ss couples cannot equate.

Location hidden

#41945 Sep 9, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the fraud, attempting to pass off your bigoted opinions as fact.
If your opinions were real, I wouldn't be in a SSM now, would I?
Call it whatever you want, but it is clearly not a marriage by any measure.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#41946 Sep 9, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Call it whatever you want, but it is clearly not a marriage by any measure.
And by any measure, you mean your yardstick.

Location hidden

#41947 Sep 9, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
And by any measure, you mean your yardstick.
No, I have a tape measure. 25'er.

I mean the Bible, science, culture, history, reality, common sense, children, etc.

AOL

#41948 Sep 9, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Heterosexual couples are allowed to marry because until recently, there was no means of knowing whether they were sterile or not.
A far cry from a duplicate gendered couples who are totally barren.
Marriage defines a distinct relationship. Ss couples cannot equate.
Your prejudice has already been offered as an excuse and exposed by the courts as irrational. We don't stop old people from getting married, or others who have been in accidents, or even have birth defects that render them unable to engage in sex, or to reproduce if they can. The fundamental right of marriage does not depend on ability to engage in sex, let alone procreate. It is a fundamental right of every individual human. Your gender requirement is irrational.

"Moreover, an interest in encouraging responsible procreation plainly cannot provide a rational basis upon which to exclude same-sex marriages from federal recognition because, as Justice Scalia pointed out, the ability to procreate is not now, nor has it ever been, a precondition to marriage in any state in the country. Indeed, "the sterile and the elderly" have never been denied the right to marry by any of the fifty states. And the federal government has never considered denying recognition to marriage based on an ability or inability to procreate." (Gill)

AOL

#41949 Sep 9, 2013
"But even if Congress believed at the time of DOMA's passage that children had the best chance at success if raised jointly by their biological mothers and fathers, a desire to encourage heterosexual couples to procreate and rear their own children more responsibly would not provide a rational basis for denying federal recognition to same-sex marriages. Such denial does nothing to promote stability in heterosexual parenting. Rather, it "prevents children of same-sex couples from enjoying the immeasurable advantages that flow from the assurance of a stable family structure, when afforded equal recognition under federal law."
(Gill)

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#41950 Sep 9, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I mean the Bible, science, culture, history, reality, common sense, children, etc.
Bible, irrelevant to US law.
Science has nothing to do with marriage.
Cultures have had thriving SS societies until they were killed off by "well meaning" Christians
History has shown that humans evolve, e.g. marriage
Reality is something about which you know nothing
Common sense, ditto
Children are not required of marriages

You're welcome.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#41951 Sep 9, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
299 inches longer than your clitty/schwanz.

Location hidden

#41952 Sep 10, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
Your prejudice has already been offered as an excuse and exposed by the courts as irrational. We don't stop old people from getting married, or others who have been in accidents, or even have birth defects that render them unable to engage in sex, or to reproduce if they can. The fundamental right of marriage does not depend on ability to engage in sex, let alone procreate. It is a fundamental right of every individual human. Your gender requirement is irrational.
"Moreover, an interest in encouraging responsible procreation plainly cannot provide a rational basis upon which to exclude same-sex marriages from federal recognition because, as Justice Scalia pointed out, the ability to procreate is not now, nor has it ever been, a precondition to marriage in any state in the country. Indeed, "the sterile and the elderly" have never been denied the right to marry by any of the fifty states. And the federal government has never considered denying recognition to marriage based on an ability or inability to procreate." (Gill)
I could give a flying rip on how this court rules. It and you pose an irrational question and then decide based on it.

What SCOTUS and you cannot change is that marriage defines a distinct relationship that ss couples cannot measure up to. That includes procreation and diverse genders.

Location hidden

#41953 Sep 10, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
"But even if Congress believed at the time of DOMA's passage that children had the best chance at success if raised jointly by their biological mothers and fathers, a desire to encourage heterosexual couples to procreate and rear their own children more responsibly would not provide a rational basis for denying federal recognition to same-sex marriages. Such denial does nothing to promote stability in heterosexual parenting. Rather, it "prevents children of same-sex couples from enjoying the immeasurable advantages that flow from the assurance of a stable family structure, when afforded equal recognition under federal law."
(Gill)
I go a step deeper;

Ss couples prevent children from enjoying both a mother and father. Even if they are default.

Location hidden

#41954 Sep 10, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Bible, irrelevant to US law.
Science has nothing to do with marriage.
Cultures have had thriving SS societies until they were killed off by "well meaning" Christians
History has shown that humans evolve, e.g. marriage
Reality is something about which you know nothing
Common sense, ditto
Children are not required of marriages
You're welcome.
Aside from being a diversion from the point,

your assertions are false, twisted and gay troll hate.
Butkus

Wilmington, IL

#41955 Sep 10, 2013
Until you try it you'll never understand.

Location hidden

#41956 Sep 10, 2013
Butkus wrote:
Until you try it you'll never understand.
Are we talking about ObamaNation or anal sex.

Is there a difference?
Mom dad

Wilmington, IL

#41957 Sep 10, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I go a step deeper;
Ss couples prevent children from enjoying both a mother and father. Even if they are default.
children need a mother and father. Having same sex parents is so wrong.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#41958 Sep 10, 2013
Mom dad wrote:
<quoted text>children need a mother and father. Having same sex parents is so wrong.
Did you have gay parents?

Location hidden

#41959 Sep 10, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you have gay parents?
No one has gay parents.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amy 9-16 2 min NWmoon 25
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min Grey Ghost 1,109,333
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 13 min ralph 98,211
A short math question. I will reply with answer... 15 min ralph 2
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 30 min Who 46,594
get a rid of the scotch brite ad 55 min AD HATER 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr LRS 177,980
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs