Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 Full story: CBS2 51,234

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Full Story

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#41540 Aug 4, 2013
beers wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Bible clearly states one man one woman. It's a Christian belief. How one church or another choose to define it is regardless. The bible what all Christians believe in being the true word of god clearly states what marriage is. It is their choice to redefine gods words. Just as it is for them to reap what they sow.
The bible provides 8 types of marriage. Your ignoring the other 7 doesn't change that.

Nor does it provide an excuse for making all persons of all faiths as well as those of none at all, adhere to your religious beliefs. You are free to apply any additional restrictions on marriage you choose in your own church. You may not impose your religious restrictions on those of other religions or none at all.

AOL

#41541 Aug 4, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Most often gay refers to male homosexuals.
Never the less, the studies are about lesbian couples.
Interesting huh?
For you perhaps, but to most gay women and men, as well as to social scientists, "gay woman" and "lesbian" are interchangeable. Some prefer one term while others prefer the other term.

Most same sex parent studies have looked at gay women because they have been able to be more open about living together and raising children. Yet some studies have looked at gay men as well as gay women, and found what we already know: the determining variable is the relationship between parent and child, not the gender of the parent.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#41542 Aug 4, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible provides 8 types of marriage. Your ignoring the other 7 doesn't change that.
Nor does it provide an excuse for making all persons of all faiths as well as those of none at all, adhere to your religious beliefs. You are free to apply any additional restrictions on marriage you choose in your own church. You may not impose your religious restrictions on those of other religions or none at all.
No, it is consistent. One man and one woman.

AOL

#41543 Aug 4, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it is consistent. One man and one woman.
Wrong. For someone who claims to have studied the bible, you should know there are 8 types found there.
Dusty Vagina

Paris, IL

#41544 Aug 4, 2013
My Prostate like my head is so far up my ass you couldn't get a tow truck to pull it out. Now as to lesbian couples I think about them when I have sex with MY WIFE a real woman.

Location hidden

#41545 Aug 4, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. For someone who claims to have studied the bible, you should know there are 8 types found there.
You have GOT to get off those gay twirl sites!

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#41546 Aug 4, 2013
Dusty Vagina wrote:
My Prostate like my head is so far up my ass you couldn't get a tow truck to pull it out. Now as to lesbian couples I think about them when I have sex with MY WIFE a real woman.
The inflatable sex doll that you ordered from Adamandeve.com is not a real woman. Why is your head up your ass? You must be very flexible.

AOL

#41547 Aug 4, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You have GOT to get off those gay twirl sites!
Plenty of documentation, including the Bible.

Yet irrelevant, as the bible is not the source of our laws.

We have a constitution that requires equal treatment for all persons.(Of course, the same requirement of equal treatment can also be found in the bible as well as in all other major religious and even non-religious ethical belief systems.)

You may attach any meaning to your own marriage you choose, based on any religious text, tradition, or none at all. You may not use your religious beliefs to impose your personal requirements on all others. They are also free to attach their own personal meanings and restrictions on their own marriages.

Location hidden

#41548 Aug 4, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
Plenty of documentation, including the Bible.
We have a constitution that requires equal treatment for all persons.(Of course, the same requirement of equal treatment can also be found in the bible as well as in all other major religious and even non-religious ethical belief systems.)
You may attach any meaning to your own marriage you choose, based on any religious text, tradition, or none at all. You may not use your religious beliefs to impose your personal requirements on all others. They are also free to attach their own personal meanings and restrictions on their own marriages.
I don't use the Bible to expose the duplicity of a fake relationship being imposed on marriage.

The Bible gives ONE expression of God intended marriage. It is found at the very beginning, and confirmed by Jesus in Matthew 19.
beers

United States

#41550 Aug 4, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>Plenty of documentation, including the Bible.

Actually the bible is the source of pretty much all our laws. You may choose to ignore that, but it doesn't change the original laws of this country.

Location hidden

#41554 Aug 4, 2013
mahz wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage has existed for thousands of years before your little book of BS stories. It exists outside of your religion. Neither do we live in Christian nation. What your book of fairy tales says has no bearing on what the government does. Sorry, try again.
Oh shut up you idiot.

I was answering a question.

Moreover, I said in my response I don't use the Bible.

Damn you are one dumb dope!

At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint of evolutionary mating behavior.

Ss couples are a defective failure of mating behavior.

Ss marriage is an oxymoron.
Allah

Paris, IL

#41555 Aug 4, 2013
mahz wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage has existed for thousands of years before your little book of BS stories. It exists outside of your religion. Neither do we live in Christian nation. What your book of fairy tales says has no bearing on what the government does. Sorry, try again.
Well dumbass no soup for you or virgins either so you better hope they close Gitmo be seeing you soon there butt boy.
brown eyed skid mark

Paris, IL

#41556 Aug 4, 2013
defective is what it is
beers

Oswego, IL

#41557 Aug 4, 2013
mahz wrote:
<quoted text>Marriage has existed for thousands of years before your little book of BS stories. It exists outside of your religion. Neither do we live in Christian nation. What your book of fairy tales says has no bearing on what the government does. Sorry, try again.
Marriage began only in the bible. What I believe to be the living word of God. Many (not all) of the founding fathers believed this as well. To say this is not a Christian Nation is, well silly. The bible has and still does have a great implication on this country. And for it to carry forward, in prosperity it should listen carefully. You may perceive it as "fairy tales" but if you listen to your heart and look about yourself and the world you live in you will find more truth than the man made laws that exist today.
cubeshaker

Romeoville, IL

#41558 Aug 5, 2013
beers wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the bible is the source of pretty much all our laws. You may choose to ignore that, but it doesn't change the original laws of this country.
Really... lets look at that...
The Bible and the bill of rights ( basis for our laws) differ substanially....
Thou shalt have no other god... vs freedome of religion
lords name in vain... vs freedom of speech
Ya we based our laws on the bible... right
cubeshaker

Romeoville, IL

#41559 Aug 5, 2013
beers wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage began only in the bible. What I believe to be the living word of God. Many (not all) of the founding fathers believed this as well. To say this is not a Christian Nation is, well silly. The bible has and still does have a great implication on this country. And for it to carry forward, in prosperity it should listen carefully. You may perceive it as "fairy tales" but if you listen to your heart and look about yourself and the world you live in you will find more truth than the man made laws that exist today.
Marriage began only in the bible....
Got anything to back that up.... other than your holy book?.... of course not...

We are not a "christian" nation... if we were we would do a biblical check on all our laws. We are a natin of many religions and beliefs... to believe otherwise is silly
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#41560 Aug 5, 2013
AGENASQUARE - A very shaky cubic agendist.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#41561 Aug 5, 2013
beers wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage began only in the bible.
That's where I stopped reading your post. Your opening line is incorrect.

AOL

#41562 Aug 5, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't use the Bible to expose the duplicity of a fake relationship being imposed on marriage.
The Bible gives ONE expression of God intended marriage. It is found at the very beginning, and confirmed by Jesus in Matthew 19.
Ignorance is bliss. Ignore the other 7 if you must, but they remain in print, in your bible. Your personal prejudice is all you have.

Matthew 19:8 He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.
19:9 And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.
19:10 His disciples say unto him, If the case of the man be so with his wife, it is not good to marry.
19:11 But he said unto them, All men cannot receive this saying, save they to whom it is given.
19:12 For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.

But again, your interpretation of the bible is not the source of our laws. We use a constitution which require equal treatment under the law for all persons.

AOL

#41563 Aug 5, 2013
beers wrote:
<quoted text>
Are any of the "8 marriages" man & man or woman & woman? No. I do not wish to "impose" my religion on anyone. I simple ask that as I respect theirs, they respect mine. I'm all for gay unions. I think everyone should be allowed to love whomever they wish. I think one should be able to decided who gets their property, health benefits, etc, etc. I firmly believe that the term "marriage" is a Christian only institution. Other forms of "Christianity" may choose to believe as they wish. But the bible does clearly state, one man one woman.
So Jews, Hindu, and all other faiths as well as atheists should not be allowed to get married?
And only the Christians who agree with your interpretations of the bible can get married?

You can set any additional rules for marriage you choose in your own church. But your additional religious requirements have no place in the law.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Emperor OZero 1,141,254
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 25 min wojar 180,588
NO CANADA OIL to TX-OK! 48 min NO CANADA OIL TO ... 1
Need a business partner. 1 hr bulbul 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Always Smile 4,858
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr IBdaMann 48,357
Ferguson authorities seem to be waiting 2 hr hands on AR 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr author author 98,673
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 6:00AM
Predictions for Bears' Week 12 Matchup
NBC Sports 7:46 AM
Jay Cutler wants to keep on rolling (out)
NBC Sports11:16 AM
Colts rule out Dwayne Allen and Gosder Cherilus
NBC Sports12:50 PM
Rob Gronkowski fined $8,268 for bouncer move
NFL 1:30 PM
Colt McCoy 'pushing' Robert Griffin III, Gruden says