Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS2

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Comments (Page 1,779)

Showing posts 35,561 - 35,580 of47,033
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
concerned

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

While working at his order headquarters in Washington D.C., Martinez was also reprimanded multiple times for making sexual jokes, looking at sexually suggestive pictures of young boys on the Internet and downloading a floppy disk filled with “references to topics dealing with the gay lifestyle.”
Martinez

Albion, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

What do gay kids get for Christmas?

Erection Sets.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

The reunion of a man and woman in marriage reflects the very roots of human existence, genderless life.

Go back in a ss couples' history, and what do you find? Immediately? A mother and father.

Which brings us to marriage, at the same time, birthing the future of humanity.

A ss couple? No past, and no future. A duplicate gendered half of marriage making the hilarious claim they are the same.

Something to think about.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Feb 13

Is A Reality

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Thanks for sharing your opinion.
Hubby and I are still married, and your opinion has no bearing on that.
Troll on, Hunty.
KiMare wrote:
The reunion of a man and woman in marriage reflects the very roots of human existence, genderless life.
Go back in a ss couples' history, and what do you find? Immediately? A mother and father.
Which brings us to marriage, at the same time, birthing the future of humanity.
A ss couple? No past, and no future. A duplicate gendered half of marriage making the hilarious claim they are the same.
Something to think about.
HornShimmer

Paris, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

think about what that you have no life other than this post get a life Jesus Said So!
LGBT

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Amazing that something good finally came out of Illinois!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Dusty Mangina wrote:
Thanks for sharing your opinion.
Hubby and I are still married, and your opinion has no bearing on that.
Troll on, Hunty.
<quoted text>
But clearly not real marriage as my point definitively shows.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

LGBT wrote:
Amazing that something good finally came out of Illinois!
No, Illinois keeps making dumber and dumber mistakes.

“Marriage Equality”

Is A Reality

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
But clearly not real marriage as my point definitively shows.
You have yet to definitely state your case. You've merely expressed your opinion.
Until you're judgments have any legal bearing on the validity of my marriage you have nothing more than a personal opinion.
I woke up this morning still legally married, just like you.

Troll on, Hunty

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
You have yet to definitely state your case. You've merely expressed your opinion.
Until you're judgments have any legal bearing on the validity of my marriage you have nothing more than a personal opinion.
I woke up this morning still legally married, just like you.
Troll on, Hunty
You woke up with a bogus piece of paper and pointlessly duplicate penis's.

I woke up in a natural union of gender, naturally united in body, mind and spirit.

There is nothing close to that in your relationship.

“Marriage Equality”

Is A Reality

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

I woke up in a natural union of gender, naturally united in body, mind and spirit.
There is nothing close to that in your relationship.
What part of the above invalidates the legal validity of my marriage?

Troll on, Hunty.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of the above invalidates the legal validity of my marriage?
Troll on, Hunty.
Physically they are distinct.

Gender wise they are distinct.

Relationally they are distinct.

Historically they are distinct.

Consequentially they are distinct.

You have a relational contract falsely titled marriage. That's it.
Angus

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Anal sex is wrong
beers

Oswego, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Why can't it be called a union? Why do they so vehemently scream it must be marriage? I'm all for the same rights under the law, but why do they have to take something so sacred to Christians? I'm thinking they hate Christians.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

beers wrote:
Why can't it be called a union? Why do they so vehemently scream it must be marriage? I'm all for the same rights under the law, but why do they have to take something so sacred to Christians? I'm thinking they hate Christians.
Illogical. Many are Christians. Many Christian congregations celebrate same sex marriage.

Are you forgetting that many of other faiths get married too? Marriage does not belong to any one religion. Each religion may have their own additional requirements and rituals, but marriage is a fundamental right of all persons.

Why do those like you so vehemently scream it must not be marriage?

You are free to determine what your marriage means to you. You are not free to impose your personal beliefs on everyone else. Marriage is a fundamental right, and each couple is free to determine what it means to them.

Planned Parenthood of Southeastern Pennsylvania v. Casey, 505 U.S. 833, 851 (1992):“These matters, involving the most intimate and personal choices a person may make in a lifetime, choices central to personal dignity and autonomy, are central to the liberty protected by the Fourteenth Amendment. At the heart of liberty is the right to define one’s own concept of existence, of meaning, of the universe, and of the mystery of human life.”
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Not Yet Equal wrote:
At the heart of liberty is the right to define one’s own concept of existence, of meaning, of the universe, and of the mystery of human life.”
That's why we have an overcrowded prison system. Too many people defining their own concept of existence.
disabled in mapleton

Mapleton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

sad part is what makes u think it will be any better if u get same sex marriage? Hell as it is the courts ruled against me a disabled man when I was wrongfully arrested in 2009 and I even did jail time for it when there was three different judges who dealt with my case. Here i sit some 4 years later and one more wrongful arrest and they still won't just do their jobs because a grown man and his adult daughter threatened my 12 yr old and they do nothing...except send the exact same cop who first arrested and tased me after illegally entering my property

“Marriage Equality”

Is A Reality

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

beers wrote:
A Church sponsored wedding is known as Holy Matrimony.

Marriage, which can include the above, also includes civil unions. Millions of couples have simply gone to a courthouse to get married.

Further, your comment is insulting people whose faith practice is not Christianity.

Finally, separate, but equal, has never been equal.

“Marriage Equality”

Is A Reality

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

The Regnerus Hoax has become a tool for the international scapegoating of LGBT people world wide, including in Russia where it is being heavily used.

http://www.topix.com/news/gay/2013/08/the-reg...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
Illogical. Many are Christians. Many Christian congregations celebrate same sex marriage.
Are you forgetting that many of other faiths get married too? Marriage does not belong to any one religion. Each religion may have their own additional requirements and rituals, but marriage is a fundamental right of all persons.
Why do those like you so vehemently scream it must not be marriage?
You are free to determine what your marriage means to you. You are not free to impose your personal beliefs on everyone else. Marriage is a fundamental right, and each couple is free to determine what it means to them.
Planned Parenthood of Southeastern Pennsylvania v. Casey, 505 U.S. 833, 851 (1992):“These matters, involving the most intimate and personal choices a person may make in a lifetime, choices central to personal dignity and autonomy, are central to the liberty protected by the Fourteenth Amendment. At the heart of liberty is the right to define one’s own concept of existence, of meaning, of the universe, and of the mystery of human life.”
Those churches are apostate.

However, based on science, ss marriage is an oxymoron.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 35,561 - 35,580 of47,033
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

53 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min RoxLo 1,033,283
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 15 min litesong 42,960
Who Dodged the SHOE Better? 30 min ThomasA 17
Song Title Game (Dec '11) 56 min SLY WEST 1,020
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 57 min loose cannon 96,071
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr _Zoey_ 4,026
Music Artists A to Z 1 hr _Zoey_ 90
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Poppo 167,498
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••