Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 Full story: CBS2 50,064

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Full Story
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#41269 Jul 9, 2013
The_Savior wrote:
Civil-Union? Fine with me. Marriage? No way. Marriage was defined as one man, one woman thousands of years ago.Biology is Biology. A civil union will get you what you want, the benefits, the right to make medical decisions, the tax exemptions. Whatever you do behind closed doors is no business of mine.
Personally I think homosexual public displays of affection are just down right disgusting!!! BUT WAIT, I would say the same of a heterosexual couple. GET A ROOM!!!!
Whether you believe in creationism or evolution or both, the BIOLOGY is not there to procreate. I'm not saying this out of hate or spite, it's a simple fact.
If two men or two women want to love each other? More power to you. We live in a world of hypocrisy. It is said that the "N" word belongs to people of color, correct? Well then the "M" word, marriage, belongs to a straight man and a straight woman. Pick a new word and the homosexual community can claim rights to it.
Another thing, not everyone that is against same-sex marriage is a bigoted homophobe or a right wing nut job. A person cannot disagree with anything these days without being labeled. If you don't believe in this massive AMNESTY joke, then you're a racist. If you don't believe that all firearms should be rounded up by the government and never to be seen again, then you're a right wing gun nut. Again, if you don't believe in same-sex marriage, you're a raging homophobe. If you don't believe in working for what you want in your life, then you're a democrat. If you don't believe, understand, like or agree with what our President is doing, then you're automatically a racist. The only people that are not being labeled automatically are members of these special interest groups.
We should lose the Political Correct crap, live our own lives, be true to ourselves and our own beliefs.
There will be nothing good to come out of this gay marriage issue. It will just open Pandora's box and cause nothing but aggravation even to the people that want it the most. I've seen that Child Molester's are claiming now that they were too "born this way" and now want to marry children. People want to marry their animals. Rapists/Murderers/Criminals are using the defense of being "being born that way" and they couldn't help themselves. There has got to be another way so that we can all get along in this country. We as a country have NEVER, EVER, EVER been so divided and it's sickening.
Just my two cents...
Fortunately, the Court says you can't prove a word of your claims, but then that's no surprise.

If you wish to get along, perhaps you should begin by educating yourself, instead of spewing non-sense. NOBODY is going to allow children to marry. Pets can't get married, silly, so grow the fuck up.
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#41270 Jul 9, 2013
False teacher anti-christ wrote:
<quoted text>
The fool has said in his heart there is no God. JESUS IS GOD. THE FATHER IS A SPIRIT/ WHERE THE LIGHT OF GOD WOULD BLIND A MAN SO KNOW ONE HAS SEEN GOD THE FATHER, HOWEVER THE FATHER IS REVEALED THROUGH THE SON. JESUS SAID IF YOU HAVE SEEN THE SON YOU HAVE SEEN THE FATHER. FOR THE FATHER AND THE SON ARE ONE. WE ARE A TRINITY BODY SOUL SPIRIT.
yawn.....

I love America.... freedom of religion and separation of church&State... it saves the rest of us from gullible, superstitious lunatics like you.
laughing man

UK

#41271 Jul 9, 2013
CDC wrote:
AGENDAFULL - The full of it agendist.
not to be confused with AGENDAFOOL.
<quoted text>
You're one of those David Letterman groupies, eh?

Your shtick ain't working.
ActiveResident

Park Forest, IL

#41272 Jul 9, 2013
The_Savior wrote:
We as a country have NEVER, EVER, EVER been so divided and it's sickening.
Just my two cents...
Really? Never Ever? Ever read about a little thing called the Civil War?? Don't even compare this to that.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#41273 Jul 9, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
You're one of those David Letterman groupies, eh?
Your shtick ain't working.
CDC is an agenda-agendist
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#41274 Jul 9, 2013
Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>
What cult is that?.... the cult of your imagination? Are your sex fantasies in color, or B&W? How often do you dream about sphincters? Do you only fantasize about male sphincters? Hmmmm....
Calm down fruitloops.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#41275 Jul 9, 2013
Sparkle_is_stripper wrote:
<quoted text>morazzagenda.... yep that fits you perfect
Agenda bad girl.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#41276 Jul 9, 2013
Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>
Fortunately, the Court says you can't prove a word of your claims, but then that's no surprise.
If you wish to get along, perhaps you should begin by educating yourself, instead of spewing non-sense. NOBODY is going to allow children to marry. Pets can't get married, silly, so grow the fuck up.
You lecturing someone about how to get along. Priceless!
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#41278 Jul 9, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You lecturing someone about how to get along. Priceless!
You still breathing... CRIMINAL!
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#41279 Jul 9, 2013
AGENDATHREAT Reported!
Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>
CDC

Elmwood Park, IL

#41280 Jul 9, 2013
CDC wrote:
AGENDAFULL - The full of it agendist.
not to be confused with AGENDAFOOL.
<quoted text>
AGENDATROLL - The tedious troll who thinks he's clever.
Not bto be confused with AGENDTURD.

Yeah, that's some funny schtick right there. Funny.
laughing man

UK

#41281 Jul 9, 2013
Nose UpThereToo wrote:
<quoted text>
Like you care.
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#41282 Jul 9, 2013
AGENDASS - a repeat but fits the bill.
CDC wrote:
<quoted text>
AGENDATROLL - The tedious troll who thinks he's clever.
Not bto be confused with AGENDTURD.
Yeah, that's some funny schtick right there. Funny.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#41283 Jul 9, 2013
Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>
Death threat! Reported!

Relax fruitloops.
laughing man

UK

#41284 Jul 9, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
CDC is an agenda-agendist
And a bit of a poop-ist.
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#41285 Jul 9, 2013
AGENDACRAPPER - that would be me :)
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
And a bit of a poop-ist.
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#41286 Jul 9, 2013
Wow! No wonder you idiots strike out every time you're at bat. One look at these ridiculous accusations is enough to convince ANYONE what neurotic drama queens you are. HILARIOUS!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#41287 Jul 9, 2013
Rose Feratu wrote:
Wow! No wonder you idiots strike out every time you're at bat. One look at these ridiculous accusations is enough to convince ANYONE what neurotic drama queens you are. HILARIOUS!
It is? Give us that insane cackle. ahahahahaha. Like that. But insane.
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#41288 Jul 9, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
It is? Give us that insane cackle. ahahahahaha. Like that. But insane.
Yes, Frankie. It is. You've single-handedly turned hyperbole into an art form. All hail Frankie, Queen of the whiney hineys.
laughing man

UK

#41289 Jul 9, 2013
Rose Feratu wrote:
Like you care.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 11 min Mandela 68,566
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 27 min RealDave 1,115,622
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 56 min Earthling-1 47,070
Minimum Wage and Unemployment Model 5 hr Goh 1
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 6 hr Top of the Heap 4,054
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 hr Mister Tonka 98,373
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 hr WelbyMD 178,617
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]