Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 Full story: CBS2 50,029

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#41247 Jul 8, 2013
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
This one's especially lovely......and lively.
Which one?

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#41248 Jul 8, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
FAIL
Maple leaf

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#41249 Jul 8, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. You did. Too bad. Do try again dummy!
nya nya nya nya....I know you are but what am I.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#41250 Jul 8, 2013
CDC wrote:
There is only one thing I can think of that is worse than bashing a persons sexuality.
That would be bashing one's religion.
You just don't get it do you....AGENDIST!
<quoted text>
I bash the religion of the bashers: it is called fighting fire with fire. Each time I see one of the pew warming homophobic bigots post hatred of gays I will post something that destroys the foundation of your stupid and insane religion.

John 1:18 "No man hath seen God at any time;..."
Exodus 33:20, And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
John 6:46 "Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is ofGod, he hath seen the Father."
1 John 4:12 "No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us."

Versus

Gen. 32:30 "And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved."
Exod. 33:11 "And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend."
Num. 14:14 "...that thou LORD art seen face to face,..."
Job 42:5 "I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee."
Deut. 34:10 "And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face,..."
Deut. 5:4 "The LORD talked with you face to face...."

You trust the Bible with contradictions like these? Damn, St. Paul calls you his simple-miinded for good reason.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#41251 Jul 8, 2013
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind of reverend are you? Of course there is a Hell! Also not Everyone is saved. Those who are not SAVED and are not BELIEVERS and FOLLOWERS of JESUS CHRIST are going to HELL!!!!
According to the Bible Scott, everyone is saved, not just those who believe just especially those who believe. Your biblical ignorance has got you into trouble again. You can blame the con-artist at the front of your church.

1 Timothy 4:10, "For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Look at this, "Saviour of ALL men."

One of the more interesting biblical teachings, which fundamentalists detest with all the vigor of a Hitler expounding on the Jews, is the concept of universalism, i.e., the belief that everyone is going to be saved, regardless. There are no exceptions. Denying it has any biblical basis or support, apologists try to avoid discussing the topic and relevant verses as much as possible. But, unfortunately, for them, it can't be shoved under the rug. Although universalism is subject to criticism (but what biblical concept isn't), there are at least 18 verses which lend impressive, if not convincing, credence thereto. JOHN 12:32 ("And I, if I be lifted up from the earth will draw all men unto me"), 1 COR. 15:22 ("For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive"), MARK 3:28 ("Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the Sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme"), ROM. 5:18 ("Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life"), ROM. 11:32 RSV ("For God has consigned all to disobedience, that he may have mercy upon all"), 1 JOHN 2:2 ("And he is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world"), JOHN 1:29 ("Behold the Lamb of God which taketh away the sin of the world") and 1 TIM. 4:10 ("...we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe") are particularly potent and often quoted by proponents of universalism.
Other relevant verses in this regard are JOHN 1:9 ("That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world"), 1 TIM. 2:4 ("Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth"), HEB. 2:9 ("But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man"), 2 COR. 5:19 ("To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation"), EPH. 1:10 ("That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him"), ACTS 3:21 ("Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began"), COL. 1:19-20 ("For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell; And having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven"), PHIL. 2:10 ("That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth"), TITUS 2:11 ("For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men"), and 2 PETER 3:9 ("The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance"). With verses such as these is it any wonder that universalism has always had adherents within the Christian community.
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#41252 Jul 8, 2013
But does that really change anything?
Hate against Hate?
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I bash the religion of the bashers: it is called fighting fire with fire. Each time I see one of the pew warming homophobic bigots post hatred of gays I will post something that destroys the foundation of your stupid and insane religion.
John 1:18 "No man hath seen God at any time;..."
Exodus 33:20, And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
John 6:46 "Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is ofGod, he hath seen the Father."
1 John 4:12 "No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us."
Versus
Gen. 32:30 "And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved."
Exod. 33:11 "And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend."
Num. 14:14 "...that thou LORD art seen face to face,..."
Job 42:5 "I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee."
Deut. 34:10 "And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face,..."
Deut. 5:4 "The LORD talked with you face to face...."
You trust the Bible with contradictions like these? Damn, St. Paul calls you his simple-miinded for good reason.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#41253 Jul 8, 2013
Scott wrote:
<quoted text> Of course there is a Hell! Also not Everyone is saved. Those who are not SAVED and are not BELIEVERS and FOLLOWERS of JESUS CHRIST are going to HELL!!!!
One of the more interesting biblical teachings, which fundamentalists detest with all the vigor of a Hitler expounding on the Jews, is the concept of universalism, i.e., the belief that everyone is going to be saved, regardless. There are no exceptions. Denying it has any biblical basis or support, apologists try to avoid discussing the topic and relevant verses as much as possible. But, unfortunately, for them, it can't be shoved under the rug. Although universalism is subject to criticism (but what biblical concept isn't), there are at least 18 verses which lend impressive, if not convincing, credence thereto. JOHN 12:32 ("And I, if I be lifted up from the earth will draw all men unto me"), 1 COR. 15:22 ("For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive"), MARK 3:28 ("Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the Sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme"), ROM. 5:18 ("Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life"), ROM. 11:32 RSV ("For God has consigned all to disobedience, that he may have mercy upon all"), 1 JOHN 2:2 ("And he is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world"), JOHN 1:29 ("Behold the Lamb of God which taketh away the sin of the world") and 1 TIM. 4:10 ("...we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe") are particularly potent and often quoted by proponents of universalism.

Other relevant verses in this regard are JOHN 1:9 ("That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world"), 1 TIM. 2:4 ("Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth"), HEB. 2:9 ("But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man"), 2 COR. 5:19 ("To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation"), EPH. 1:10 ("That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him"), ACTS 3:21 ("Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began"), COL. 1:19-20 ("For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell; And having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven"), PHIL. 2:10 ("That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth"), TITUS 2:11 ("For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men"), and 2 PETER 3:9 ("The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance"). With verses such as these is it any wonder that universalism has always had adherents within the Christian community.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#41254 Jul 8, 2013
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
nya nya nya nya....I know you are but what am I.
A jackass.
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#41256 Jul 8, 2013
AGENDAFRANK - An agendist with ZERO sense of humor.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#41257 Jul 8, 2013
CDC wrote:
AGENDAFRANK - An agendist with ZERO sense of humor.
AgendaCDC. An agendist about agendas.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#41258 Jul 8, 2013
CDC wrote:
But does that really change anything?
Hate against Hate?
<quoted text>
I do not bash the ignorant pew warming bigots, I teach them about the Bible so they will stop bashing and harassing homosexuals. That is NOT hate.

Imagine this! The Con-artist at the front of their church has been lying to them and deceiving them, just like God does, and here I come, an Anti-Theist to provide correct and proper Bible study for them.

GOD DECEIVES:
"O Lord, thou hast deceived me, and I was deceived...." (Jer. 20:7).
"if the prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the Lord have deceived that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand upon him, and will destroy him from the midst of my people Israel" (Ezek. 14:9).
"Ah, Lord God! Surely thou hast greatly deceived this people and Jerusalem, saying, Ye shall have peace; whereas the sword reaches unto the soul" (Jer. 4:10).
"...God sends upon them a strong delusion, to make them believe what is false, so that all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness" (2 Thess. 2:9-12).
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#41259 Jul 8, 2013
CaptainMorgan2015 wrote:
<quoted text>Feel free to exit the country any time you like
If he wants to exit the country he doesn't need your permission moron. Feel free to not be a dope.
scanks scanks scanks

Paris, IL

#41260 Jul 8, 2013
Frankie Rizzo you better get yourself checked out we warned you and you know why that's why we used this user name you know you had 3 of us?
False teacher anti-christ

Las Vegas, NV

#41261 Jul 8, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not bash the ignorant pew warming bigots, I teach them about the Bible so they will stop bashing and harassing homosexuals. That is NOT hate.
Imagine this! The Con-artist at the front of their church has been lying to them and deceiving them, just like God does, and here I come, an Anti-Theist to provide correct and proper Bible study for them.
GOD DECEIVES:
"O Lord, thou hast deceived me, and I was deceived...." (Jer. 20:7).
"if the prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the Lord have deceived that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand upon him, and will destroy him from the midst of my people Israel" (Ezek. 14:9).
"Ah, Lord God! Surely thou hast greatly deceived this people and Jerusalem, saying, Ye shall have peace; whereas the sword reaches unto the soul" (Jer. 4:10).
"...God sends upon them a strong delusion, to make them believe what is false, so that all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness" (2 Thess. 2:9-12).
The fool has said in his heart there is no God. JESUS IS GOD. THE FATHER IS A SPIRIT/ WHERE THE LIGHT OF GOD WOULD BLIND A MAN SO KNOW ONE HAS SEEN GOD THE FATHER, HOWEVER THE FATHER IS REVEALED THROUGH THE SON. JESUS SAID IF YOU HAVE SEEN THE SON YOU HAVE SEEN THE FATHER. FOR THE FATHER AND THE SON ARE ONE. WE ARE A TRINITY BODY SOUL SPIRIT.
boy scouts of america

Lubbock, TX

#41262 Jul 9, 2013
as a boy i was denied my right to graduate into the boy scouts and camp with my friends because my step father feard marajauna may be consumed their i promised these were my fr&#305;ends and i would not con&#351;üme if their was and i was honest what if it was their and what if i did i believe a boy has a choice to learn and not be destoyed by people and the gov.brainwashing them i think i would be a better person today

“What if?”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#41263 Jul 9, 2013
Civil-Union? Fine with me. Marriage? No way. Marriage was defined as one man, one woman thousands of years ago.Biology is Biology. A civil union will get you what you want, the benefits, the right to make medical decisions, the tax exemptions. Whatever you do behind closed doors is no business of mine.

Personally I think homosexual public displays of affection are just down right disgusting!!! BUT WAIT, I would say the same of a heterosexual couple. GET A ROOM!!!!

Whether you believe in creationism or evolution or both, the BIOLOGY is not there to procreate. I'm not saying this out of hate or spite, it's a simple fact.

If two men or two women want to love each other? More power to you. We live in a world of hypocrisy. It is said that the "N" word belongs to people of color, correct? Well then the "M" word, marriage, belongs to a straight man and a straight woman. Pick a new word and the homosexual community can claim rights to it.

Another thing, not everyone that is against same-sex marriage is a bigoted homophobe or a right wing nut job. A person cannot disagree with anything these days without being labeled. If you don't believe in this massive AMNESTY joke, then you're a racist. If you don't believe that all firearms should be rounded up by the government and never to be seen again, then you're a right wing gun nut. Again, if you don't believe in same-sex marriage, you're a raging homophobe. If you don't believe in working for what you want in your life, then you're a democrat. If you don't believe, understand, like or agree with what our President is doing, then you're automatically a racist. The only people that are not being labeled automatically are members of these special interest groups.

We should lose the Political Correct crap, live our own lives, be true to ourselves and our own beliefs.

There will be nothing good to come out of this gay marriage issue. It will just open Pandora's box and cause nothing but aggravation even to the people that want it the most. I've seen that Child Molester's are claiming now that they were too "born this way" and now want to marry children. People want to marry their animals. Rapists/Murderers/Criminals are using the defense of being "being born that way" and they couldn't help themselves. There has got to be another way so that we can all get along in this country. We as a country have NEVER, EVER, EVER been so divided and it's sickening.

Just my two cents...
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#41264 Jul 9, 2013
I agree with you.
Unfortunately, the agendists will now attack you.
The_Savior wrote:
Civil-Union? Fine with me. Marriage? No way. Marriage was defined as one man, one woman thousands of years ago.Biology is Biology. A civil union will get you what you want, the benefits, the right to make medical decisions, the tax exemptions. Whatever you do behind closed doors is no business of mine.
Personally I think homosexual public displays of affection are just down right disgusting!!! BUT WAIT, I would say the same of a heterosexual couple. GET A ROOM!!!!
Whether you believe in creationism or evolution or both, the BIOLOGY is not there to procreate. I'm not saying this out of hate or spite, it's a simple fact.
If two men or two women want to love each other? More power to you. We live in a world of hypocrisy. It is said that the "N" word belongs to people of color, correct? Well then the "M" word, marriage, belongs to a straight man and a straight woman. Pick a new word and the homosexual community can claim rights to it.
Another thing, not everyone that is against same-sex marriage is a bigoted homophobe or a right wing nut job. A person cannot disagree with anything these days without being labeled. If you don't believe in this massive AMNESTY joke, then you're a racist. If you don't believe that all firearms should be rounded up by the government and never to be seen again, then you're a right wing gun nut. Again, if you don't believe in same-sex marriage, you're a raging homophobe. If you don't believe in working for what you want in your life, then you're a democrat. If you don't believe, understand, like or agree with what our President is doing, then you're automatically a racist. The only people that are not being labeled automatically are members of these special interest groups.
We should lose the Political Correct crap, live our own lives, be true to ourselves and our own beliefs.
There will be nothing good to come out of this gay marriage issue. It will just open Pandora's box and cause nothing but aggravation even to the people that want it the most. I've seen that Child Molester's are claiming now that they were too "born this way" and now want to marry children. People want to marry their animals. Rapists/Murderers/Criminals are using the defense of being "being born that way" and they couldn't help themselves. There has got to be another way so that we can all get along in this country. We as a country have NEVER, EVER, EVER been so divided and it's sickening.
Just my two cents...

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#41265 Jul 9, 2013
The_Savior wrote:
There has got to be another way so that we can all get along in this country. We as a country have NEVER, EVER, EVER been so divided and it's sickening.
Just my two cents...
As in, live and let live? The problem is, LGBT have never, ever, ever been free to live their lives openly and productively. Do you realize that LGBT can still be fired in many states, just for being gay?

FYI, civil unions aren't the same as marriages. Separate, but equal, has never been equal.

You can Google "why civil unions are not the same as marriage".

I'll get you started:

http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2013/07/civil-unio...
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#41266 Jul 9, 2013
AGENDAFULL - The full of it agendist.

not to be confused with AGENDAFOOL.
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
As in, live and let live? The problem is, LGBT have never, ever, ever been free to live their lives openly and productively. Do you realize that LGBT can still be fired in many states, just for being gay?
FYI, civil unions aren't the same as marriages. Separate, but equal, has never been equal.
You can Google "why civil unions are not the same as marriage".
I'll get you started:
http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2013/07/civil-unio...
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#41267 Jul 9, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
What can you say about a cult that claims torn and bleeding sphincters are Progressive?
What cult is that?.... the cult of your imagination? Are your sex fantasies in color, or B&W? How often do you dream about sphincters? Do you only fantasize about male sphincters? Hmmmm....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 14 min harmonious 1,115,070
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Frijoles 69,490
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Who 46,993
Grocery Coupon and saving your pennies 1 hr Susan 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr WelbyMD 178,583
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr PEllen 98,344
A short math question. I will reply with answer... 5 hr Whats the Bulb An... 8

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]