Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS2

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Comments
35,281 - 35,300 of 48,894 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
well

Antioch, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

MirthMenace wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, millions. Billions, actually. Roughly a third of the world's population is Christian. Two thirds are not. But let's just talk about the Christian people who went to church today. Half of them are supposed to believe, according to their infallible leader, that the other half lacks the means to eternal salvation. The other half is so unbelievably divided over interpretation of the Bible that each sect is convinced that it alone is in possession of the truth. Who cares what the spiritual proclivities of the founding fathers were, other than you? How is it relevant? They were varied enough in their beliefs and the memory of religious persecution that was rampant in the old world was still fresh enough in their minds that they saw plenty of reason to ensure that religion would never play a role in government in America. I am curious about one of your suppositions; that my wisdom is "godless." You've somehow drawn the conclusion that I am an atheist and I'm puzzled over what led you to assume that. You do know that there is a difference between a non-Christian and an atheist, don't you? It probably never occurred to you, did it dumbazz?
I remember so well when KiMare insisted Adam Lanza must have been an Atheist,then later insisted he must have been Catholic. Yep, they even hate each other...such a nice bunch.
Womba

Stillwater, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the difference between Rock Hudson and Ellis Island? Ellis Island is a ferry terminal.
:-D
A: What's the first line in Rock Hudson's biography?
Q: He was born in Illinois but reared in San Francisco.
neosapian

Huntley, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Rock,
Yes they do, kinda like weeds on my lawn...I wish Ortho had a chemical that we could use on them.
Just kidding. Gays should have fixed civil union issues, instead of trying to change the meaning that binds my wife and I. My wife and I were married in a church...and we all know, churches will never marry homosexuals.

“"Not all who wander are lost."”

Since: Mar 10

freshroast666@gmail.com

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

well wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember so well when KiMare insisted Adam Lanza must have been an Atheist,then later insisted he must have been Catholic. Yep, they even hate each other...such a nice bunch.
Yup. My disdain for Christians is something that has developed only within the last twenty years or so. The more I learn about the extreme differences that exist among them, the less I'm able to regard them with anything other than amusement mixed with horror.

freshroast666@gmail.com

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

neosapian wrote:
Rock,
Yes they do, kinda like weeds on my lawn...I wish Ortho had a chemical that we could use on them.
Just kidding. Gays should have fixed civil union issues, instead of trying to change the meaning that binds my wife and I. My wife and I were married in a church...and we all know, churches will never marry homosexuals.
Incorrect. There is no shortage of churches who are LGBT- affirming. Recognize any from this list?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT-affirming_c...

Now tell us how wrong all these churches are wrong and how your church is right. This should be entertaining.

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Here, let me help you;
this article will give you a brief explanation of what I summarized.
http://voices.yahoo.com/
analyzing-human-mating-behavio r-1020545.html?cat=41
"It is the drive to gain and maintain the provisioning of a male partner that is the basis for female jealousy; Buss and Schmitt (1993) observe that on an intinctual level, women perceive infidelity "as a cue to loss of investment and commitment of a man over time." The costs and benefits of long-term and short-term relationships are much different for males than for females. Males benefit significantly from short-term relationships, and the costs are extremely low. This is why, according to Buss and Schmitt (1993), "[...] short-term sexual strategies loom larger in men's strategic repertoire than in women's." Females are threatened by the possibility of male infidelity because males are more likely to be unfaithful if the reproductive value of their partner has decreased. Furthermore, any offspring resulting from his extramarital affair pose a threat to his legitimate children. According to Mock and Parker (1998), "In many sexually reproducing organisms, parents produce far more offspring than their resources can support [...][leading] to acute competition." Therefore, any investment in illegitimate offspring on the part of the male is unfavorable to his legitimate offspring because he has a limited number of resources to give. A mother is better able to ensure non-genetic resources for her own offspring if hers are the only ones amongst whom the resources are allocated."
That says nothing.......so it does summarize your posts nicely. Lots of opinion and not a bit of reality......predictable, and very last-century.
neosapian

Huntley, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Birthmenace,
What is a para-church?

The only reason para-churches accept gays is for cash donations...same reason they accept everybody else.
Did you even read your link?

“saved From jesus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
YoHo, I went.
Why are you hiding???
Smirk.
Actually I went out to dinner and a movie. Maybe you should take your neglected wife out once in a while, unless she's already gone. There's more to life than obsessing over Topix and fighting non-existent demons.

That you think anyone is hiding from you because they're not hanging around here giving you your attention fix shows how sad your non-life is.

“saved From jesus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, shitstain, there may be hope for you yet.
Keep your tongue to yourself.

“saved From jesus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

MirthMenace wrote:
<quoted text>Yup. My disdain for Christians is something that has developed only within the last twenty years or so. The more I learn about the extreme differences that exist among them, the less I'm able to regard them with anything other than amusement mixed with horror.
An ugly religion with an even uglier past; one they try to bury under steaming piles of revisionist horseshit.
laughing man

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

MirthMenace wrote:
<quoted text>Incorrect. There is no shortage of churches who are LGBT- affirming. Recognize any from this list?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT-affirming_c...
Now tell us how wrong all these churches are wrong and how your church is right. This should be entertaining.
Actually, what's entertaining is how rainbow shitstains schizophrenically throw them under the bus.

Until they need them, of course.
Fundamentalist Watch

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>predictable, and very last-century.
Come into the 21st Century. Come to Der Sphincter!
Womba

Stillwater, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice.
Do you know what the doctors told Rock Hudson? Don't worry‹ we'll have you back on your knees in no time.
Doctor: Come on Rock. You must tell us who gave you AIDS.
Rock: Doc--I don't have eyes in the back of my head, do I?

freshroast666@gmail.com

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

neosapian wrote:
Birthmenace,
What is a para-church?
The only reason para-churches accept gays is for cash donations...same reason they accept everybody else.
Did you even read your link?
Clearly you didn't make it past that phrase. What you need to believe and the truth are two very different things indeed. I'm feeling charitable.

http://www.gayweddinginstitute.com/_blog/Gay_...

freshroast666@gmail.com

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, what's entertaining is how rainbow shitstains schizophrenically throw them under the bus.
Until they need them, of course.
And why would anyone need these churches?
Julia

Herrin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

I thought all places of religion wanted donations? Did this change?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that must be an official source! It's written by a woman who is pursuing her BA in Organizational and Political Communication.
Seriously?!?!?!?!?! Basing your argument on a pre-undergraduate opinion?
Stretching, dear. Really, really, really stretching.
Really Dusty? Attacking the messenger rather than the message? So obvious and childish!

Every point is documented. I choose it because it is an excellent brief summary of mating behavior constrained by marriage.

If you want the book, checkout the references.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

MirthMenace wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, millions. Billions, actually. Roughly a third of the world's population is Christian. Two thirds are not. But let's just talk about the Christian people who went to church today. Half of them are supposed to believe, according to their infallible leader, that the other half lacks the means to eternal salvation. The other half is so unbelievably divided over interpretation of the Bible that each sect is convinced that it alone is in possession of the truth. Who cares what the spiritual proclivities of the founding fathers were, other than you? How is it relevant? They were varied enough in their beliefs and the memory of religious persecution that was rampant in the old world was still fresh enough in their minds that they saw plenty of reason to ensure that religion would never play a role in government in America. I am curious about one of your suppositions; that my wisdom is "godless." You've somehow drawn the conclusion that I am an atheist and I'm puzzled over what led you to assume that. You do know that there is a difference between a non-Christian and an atheist, don't you? It probably never occurred to you, did it dumbazz?
Nothing you distorted with ignorant bigotry addresses the fact that good works occurred.

Your 'god' is so small, he fails at the title, hence my point.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

well wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't. Please verify.

By the way, I think the Catholic Church has held the faith quite well apart from individuals who violated it. Adam Lanza clearly didn't.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

MirthMenace wrote:
<quoted text>Yup. My disdain for Christians is something that has developed only within the last twenty years or so. The more I learn about the extreme differences that exist among them, the less I'm able to regard them with anything other than amusement mixed with horror.
And that comment exposes your ignorance.

Most differences between the vast majority are not extreme.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

29 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Tinka 1,079,667
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 min voice of peace 67,928
Presidential library planned for Chicago Chicag... 2 hr joey 3
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr ritedownthemiddle 45,779
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Milsack 174,600
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 4 hr TW_sugar_daddio 10
Amy 7-24 4 hr loose cannon 19
Abby 7-24 5 hr Pippa 42
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 hr Mister Tonka 97,524
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••