Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS2

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Comments
34,441 - 34,460 of 49,477 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#40191 Jun 27, 2013
I moderate supporter of your cause.
I do question some of your tactics.
You are at risk of loosing the support of moderates such as myself.
Oh.... and go F yourself.
Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU fools started it, and now we finished it. The world will be a better place when morons like you die out.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#40192 Jun 27, 2013
CDC wrote:
ONLINE THREAT - It has been reported.
<quoted text>
Yes Rose Feratu often threatens me too.
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#40193 Jun 27, 2013
AGENDOSCAR - Rose wins this for the best AGENDIST catagorie.
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#40195 Jun 27, 2013
CDC wrote:
I moderate supporter of your cause.
I do question some of your tactics.
You are at risk of loosing the support of moderates such as myself.
Oh.... and go F yourself.
<quoted text>
ooooooooooooooooooo...... I'm really worried about support from wackos........ You're about as moderate as neon pink.
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#40196 Jun 27, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the lesbian about the one who created marriage.
1. Not a lesbian
2. Good luck with your 'one who created marriage' horseshit. Don't be surprised when people laugh in your stupid face.
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#40197 Jun 27, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Who rattled Aida Lott's cage?
Probably the same people that unplugged your Thorazine drip. Now pipe down or it's off to the 'quiet room' for you.

“"Not all who wander are lost."”

Since: Mar 10

freshroast666@gmail.com

#40198 Jun 27, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Cop out.
The one honest thing you said is your ability to derive anything.
Oh how clever and totally unexpected; he answers with another attempt at an insult. It's now a cop out to ask for an explanation of a Bible verse that seems to have many different interpretations? I'd say it's far more of a cop out (but not a surprise) for you to dodge legitimate questions. That verse says nothing about homosexuality. It seems to mean to you only what you want and need it to mean. Typical cafeteria Christian.
yeahs

Enfield, IL

#40199 Jun 27, 2013
First of all there is no such thing as a person being gay. To be real no baby has a sexual preference. That usually doesn't happen to a person until puberty. So therefore that born gay excuse isn't a fact. I dont believe the same sex should fornicate let alone get a same sex civil union because it is wrong.
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#40200 Jun 27, 2013
Looks like evil is winning the battle the good news is that it will not WIN the WAR!!!!!!!
yeahs

Enfield, IL

#40201 Jun 27, 2013
Meant to put there is no such thing that gay people are born gay because nobody is born with a sexual preference.
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#40203 Jun 27, 2013
Leave my cross dressing out of this!
Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>
ooooooooooooooooooo...... I'm really worried about support from wackos........ You're about as moderate as neon pink.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#40204 Jun 27, 2013
Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably the same people that unplugged your Thorazine drip. Now pipe down or it's off to the 'quiet room' for you.
You sound like a man of experience on what goes on in the psych ward but I wouldn't know, having never had psychological problems like you have.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#40206 Jun 27, 2013
Lilith_Satans_Who_re wrote:
<quoted text>
no sorry Christianity is losing
Someday you should tell us what happened to you to make you so consumed by religion. There's help available. You don't have to be a hater. You can make peace with it and have a happy life. Hate is hate and it sucks.

“"Not all who wander are lost."”

Since: Mar 10

freshroast666@gmail.com

#40207 Jun 27, 2013
yeahs wrote:
First of all there is no such thing as a person being gay. To be real no baby has a sexual preference. That usually doesn't happen to a person until puberty. So therefore that born gay excuse isn't a fact. I dont believe the same sex should fornicate let alone get a same sex civil union because it is wrong.
Even if homosexuality was a choice, so what? People don't have to account to anyone for their orientation. This is a country where the pursuit of happiness for some people might mean a civil contract whereby two people of the same gender can become each other's legal next of kin. Two consenting people of legal age can enter into all sorts of legally-binding contracts. Why not a domestic partnership? That should be illegal just because it makes you and other people uncomfortable? Interracial marriages were once viewed the same way and there are plenty of people who are still uncomfortable with that. So what? In both cases it was religion that was the "excuse" for trying to deny people equal rights. So what makes your point of view valid; religion?

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#40208 Jun 27, 2013
yeahs wrote:
We don't need your opinions about civil unions; many of us already have gay marriage.

Thanks for dropping in, Bufford.
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#40209 Jun 27, 2013
Let's say there is someone whose pursuit of happiness involves an
ax and killing people.
So where DO we draw the line?
MirthMenace wrote:
<quoted text>Even if homosexuality was a choice, so what? People don't have to account to anyone for their orientation. This is a country where the pursuit of happiness for some people might mean a civil contract whereby two people of the same gender can become each other's legal next of kin. Two consenting people of legal age can enter into all sorts of legally-binding contracts. Why not a domestic partnership? That should be illegal just because it makes you and other people uncomfortable? Interracial marriages were once viewed the same way and there are plenty of people who are still uncomfortable with that. So what? In both cases it was religion that was the "excuse" for trying to deny people equal rights. So what makes your point of view valid; religion?
Hmmmm

Blue Island, IL

#40213 Jun 27, 2013
at last?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#40214 Jun 27, 2013
<quoted text>your not born a christain either.. its a dumbazz choice you make and then demand special rights for it
next
"Either"? so you are saying that people are not born gay. That is a direct contradiction to the rainbow handbook. You better re-think that. Before you become a "hater".
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#40215 Jun 27, 2013
“The issue of religious tax preferment is especially relevant now because the number of Americans living outside any religious tradition continues to grow,” said Tom Flynn, Free Inquiry’s editor.“That underscores the unfairness of taxing all Americans to subsidize religious institutions that only some Americans utilize.”
States bypass an estimated $26.2 billion per year by not requiring religious institutions to pay property taxes.

Capital gains tax exemptions for religious institutions may be as much as $41 million a year.

U.S. clergy may claim as much as $1.2 billion in tax exemptions annually via the parsonage allowance.
time for a change
Complains the woman who brags that she doesn't pay taxes.

Priceless.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#40218 Jun 27, 2013
<quoted text>gee noticed you were more worried about my tiny tiny impact on taxes and over looked the billions people of mythical superstition lifestyles cost you
It's idiotic to complain about someone else not paying taxes when you brag about not paying them yourself. But we expect idiocy from you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 min 40ish 4,670
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min EasyEed 1,100,210
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 14 min wojar 177,384
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 22 min Crazy Jae 1,451
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 24 min Crazy Jae 568
Word (Dec '08) 31 min Crazy Jae 4,651
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 40 min _Zoey_ 7,748
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr Sublime1 97,932
Amy 8-29 8 hr Kuuipo 13
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE