Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS2

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Comments (Page 1,653)

Showing posts 33,041 - 33,060 of48,692
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
bobby

Bourbonnais, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

You Think wrote:
<quoted text> I don't have a "responsibility" to anyone other then myself
simply because you say those words does not impress or convince me they are believed & put into practice.

lets all stop and think about how children would lie to their parents to say the quickest most impactful thing so that they could run off and continue playing.
because that late blooming nonsense was around in the 1980's and here it is 25-30 years later.

sure, forget those crimes until they happen again.
see, the point here is.. if they happen to you, certainly I am not around to see it or be affected by it immediately.. but if it does happen and you get more grumpy .. it might not be my life being made unpleasant but somebody else's life.

I say I know the feeling, thus prevention in obscure places is a definitive help rather than doing absolutely nothing.

the world is always constantly in need of help to clean things up, really sad that you would rather soak yourself in ignorant lather that is quite the embarrassment from the ground to the sky out into the solar system.

why puke over the thought of cell phone antennas more powerful than any human could ever be?
you think every single thought and all pools of emotions run on the same exact frequency band or as if they appear as the same exact twinkle of attractiveness?
you'd be wrong if you did.
bobby

Bourbonnais, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

and what is with the people overly embarrassed about what they've said that they feel like they can't speak any more different than their style used previously, unless they stop and rethink everything to build a new capacity of confidence..

oh, probably the confidence & capacity part.
because without capacity people start to step out forward in the right direction, only to realize traffic is moving faster than they can keep up and they realize they have to sit that round out.

as far as passive goes,
if you exist, there is definition to be said about it.
multiplicity allows many things to be said about a person 'just sitting there breathing'
things like maybe or what if makes a list go well beyond a hundred if you work at it.
you think

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Bath my self in expensive body wash and cover my booty in gucci and Louis. I can play on if I want to u lazy sack of crap. I bet u wish u could have fun u upright pompis piece of crud. It is okay to come out of the closet. Come on out and have some fun. I am on my tablet cause I am on my way to have fun and play all weekend. R u jealous looser?
you think

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Loser damnable aneroid tab sticks like crazy

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

OkieDarren wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not an "elephant," it's a bogeyman, an entirely fictional 'issue' from the nastiest bigots around, promoting the hateful lie that homosexuality and child abuse are related.
There are now 10 states or districts with marriage equality for gays, and in NONE is there the slightest move towards people marrying children, their brother, 17 people, a cat or a Datsun. These "slippery slope" straw men keep being brought up, and they're nothing but lies that continue only because there is no legitimate reason to oppose marriage equality for gay people.
Every major social issue addressed in the last 30 years has not only had a slippery slope aspect, but also an unintended consequence aspect.

Only an idiot would assert otherwise for an issue as significant as marriage in the face of a change never before occurring.

Moreover, you cannot undefine marriage to the degree it requires for ss couples to be equated, without opening the door to numerous other relationships.

Additionally, ss couples clearly do not equate to marriage. At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

ss couples are a defective failure to the basic purpose of mating behavior. Literally 'unmarriage'.

Smile.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

OkieDarren wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong on both counts. For much if not most of history, marriage was one man and a bunch of women, or even one woman and several men.
And it is NOW frequently one man and another man, or one woman and another woman. Thousands and thousands of same sex couples are now married, and always will be.
This idea that families have always looked exactly the same is absolute bunk. The idea of what is a family has evolved a great deal over time, and this change to recognize the gay people who have ALWAYS existed but previously lived a miserable tortured life of hiding and lies and can now live openly as who they are is a very good thing for all concerned and harms absolutely nobody.
BS.

Most often by far, marriage has been one man and one woman. Only the wealthy or rulers could afford additional wives. While there may have been a wife with several husbands, it is so rare, I can't think of one historical example.

Moreover, the issue is not 'if it harms anyone', it is are they the same relationship? Obviously 'no' on every level of observation.

Words define reality. When we verbally distort reality with words, there are always negative consequences. Psychology terms it denial.

Smile.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

Words define reality.
No yours. Your words define lunacy, bigotry, intolerance, and troll-itude.

Keep spouting your mantra; when you're dead it won't matter anyway.
bobby

Bourbonnais, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

I figure I might as well say something about the lack of defined constraint.

a healthy person can peer life as if 'marriage' is an artistic label laid across mortifying horror.
Ron

Manhattan, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
....and guns grow on trees.
REALLY......... That's your comment!
LMAO

Manhattan, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Homo's are friggin Hilarious! Let them get married, I love watching the pickle puffers fight!

While we are at it, what's wrong with plural marriage? I should be able to have 3 wives!
centralia

Centralia, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

you think wrote:
Bath my self in expensive body wash and cover my booty in gucci and Louis. I can play on if I want to u lazy sack of crap. I bet u wish u could have fun u upright pompis piece of crud. It is okay to come out of the closet. Come on out and have some fun. I am on my tablet cause I am on my way to have fun and play all weekend. R u jealous looser?
Yum yum. Now I want to go bareback and bumper to bumper with you .:)

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Ron wrote:
<quoted text>
REALLY......... That's your comment!
Was it too subtle?
CDC

Columbia, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

It's Sunday....time to go to church :)
I prayed for ya...
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
It's real :)
Ron

Manhattan, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
Was it too subtle?
If you say so

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

CDC wrote:
It's Sunday....time to go to church :)
I prayed for ya...
<quoted text>
Thank you?
Harry

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

You Think wrote:
<quoted text> I don't have a "responsibility" to anyone other then myself." I have a right to say "leave me alone" if I want to. I do not ever have to be passive and say "I don't mind." So with that being said, your rambling is repetive and boring! Go to he!!, O crazy one! Don't bother replying with some of your dumb a$$ Bullsh!t because I will not be on here to see it. I am going out to have fun and enjoy myself. Maybe you should try to do the same!
try Florida it's awesome.
Kooky

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

Marriage. Man and woman

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

Kooky wrote:
Marriage. Man and woman
Most of the time.

Do you have a point?
Just Think

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

Let's make it anything.
Including Man and boy.
Why not...they just want the same thing we have?
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of the time.
Do you have a point?

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

Just Think wrote:
Let's make it anything.
Including Man and boy.
Why not...they just want the same thing we have?
<quoted text>
awww...aren't you a sad little troll? No real argument to make so you're reduced to co-opting another user's name.

Poor, sad, little troll.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 33,041 - 33,060 of48,692
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

23 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min PDUPONT 1,072,445
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 min Patriot AKA Bozo 45,501
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min Obskeptic 173,652
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 39 min 40ish 398
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr voice of peace 67,533
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr Midlothian Composer 3,819
Stop Blaming Chicago Police 3 hr mike 6
•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at July 12 at 4:25AM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search