Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS2

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Comments
33,021 - 33,040 of 49,231 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
Ron

Manhattan, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Imprtnrd wrote:
<quoted text> 25 yrs....good for you. Goes to show that same sex relationships have NO effect on your life at all!
It's effects everyone.
Ron

Manhattan, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Imprtnrd wrote:
<quoted text> 25 yrs....good for you. Goes to show that same sex relationships have NO effect on your life at all!
Marriage is between one man and one woman. That's the way it has been and will always be.
You Think

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

bobby wrote:
some people will surf their own problems if they had somebody that cared enough to listen.
listening to somebody surf their problems is an expedition of travel.
not everybody has the money to travel, and even if they do.. they don't always have the fame to communicate with people once they get there.
dce from their subconscious).
some of the biggest crimes in history, of this era, come from the sheer jealousy of people that cannot repair themselves.
whether it is intellect, or fancy military sprays to clean up wounds.
then to further add grief to burden, they think the only way they can get some help is if they pay for it .. which is counter-productive & counter-intuitive because no dumb person could be allowed to make large amounts of money (in their mind.. unless it is physical labor, and in that case the person apparently doesn't have the free time to think or get into trouble .. as well as perhaps too dumb to get themselves into too much trouble).
but it isn't the 1950's with sanitariums anymore.
notice the word 'sane' inside sanitary.
people shouldn't quibble over the facts of whether it is a serious issue with money, or a serious issue with jealousy.
jealousy has always been an issue of problem.. always aimed at money, power, fame.
inside jealousy is greed, and it isn't irrational to think a person is greedy to want repairs for themselves.
but it is insane for those people to ignore valid help.
it is putrid rage for those people to cock-block help.
it is a chemical imbalance in the brain mixed with adrenaline for those people to shun confident help.
whether it is neglect from parents or hypnosis at work hiding or nurturing talent .. I shrug, but I do more than that too.
just don't forget,
some people are stuck with an attitude that says things like 'ugh.. I want some too!'
but there is also issues with double identity going on, and if you treated me with some sanity and sensibility.. I might of said something to you about it.
but what people forget is, the people with the power won't necessarily give it up because there are far too many people out there that walk right into deserving the blanket of torment placed onto them by power & fame larger than their entire state can get its grip on.
cheers shithead.
Umm...Okay what credentials do you have that give you the authority to go around diagnosing people? I have friends that are Psychology majors. I also have a best friend who has a Psychology degree. You are actually projecting you are own problems onto others in your rambling post. What right do you have to come into a topic about same sex marriage and ramble on & on about bullsh!t!
You don't have any right to come in here and try to tell other people how to live. You do not pay their bills, you will not answer for their rights or wrongs in the after life if there is one and you will not be the one to serve time or pay fines if they go to jail. Stop trying to make your ramblings about right and wrong and other people's mental issues.
You are not smart, so stop trying to front like you are. You don't know swat about Psychology. You might have read an article in Women's Day or checked out a short story on Yahoo about a Psychological issue. So now you are Sigmund Freud? Oh, Freud please diagnose me with all that you learned when you earned your GED diploma. Not to mention how you showed how dumb you really were for calling people out on a chat website about spelling and grammar mistakes. FYI most people use slang and chatspeak when posting and texting. That lower level English class you took at the junior college must have went straight to your head. Do some research and get with the times, you are not hip or intelligent. You seek power and control of others by trying to tell them how to live i.e. opposing gay same sex unions. You assault others with your offensive, rambling post, there that is my diagnosis, in laymen terms you are a BULLY!
Ron

Manhattan, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

You Think wrote:
<quoted text> Umm...Okay what credentials do you have that give you the authority to go around diagnosing people? I have friends that are Psychology majors. I also have a best friend who has a Psychology degree. You are actually projecting you are own problems onto others in your rambling post. What right do you have to come into a topic about same sex marriage and ramble on & on about bullsh!t!
You don't have any right to come in here and try to tell other people how to live. You do not pay their bills, you will not answer for their rights or wrongs in the after life if there is one and you will not be the one to serve time or pay fines if they go to jail. Stop trying to make your ramblings about right and wrong and other people's mental issues.
You are not smart, so stop trying to front like you are. You don't know swat about Psychology. You might have read an article in Women's Day or checked out a short story on Yahoo about a Psychological issue. So now you are Sigmund Freud? Oh, Freud please diagnose me with all that you learned when you earned your GED diploma. Not to mention how you showed how dumb you really were for calling people out on a chat website about spelling and grammar mistakes. FYI most people use slang and chatspeak when posting and texting. That lower level English class you took at the junior college must have went straight to your head. Do some research and get with the times, you are not hip or intelligent. You seek power and control of others by trying to tell them how to live i.e. opposing gay same sex unions. You assault others with your offensive, rambling post, there that is my diagnosis, in laymen terms you are a BULLY!
Soon we will be paying for there medical care. If someone serves time we pay for them. People need to stand up for issues that are right or wrong. Just like the gun legislation. Who is someone to tell me that I can't own or even carry a gun.

“Romans 13: 8-10”

Since: Feb 08

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Ron wrote:
<quoted text>
It's effects everyone.
How. Explain how it is you are harmed if the gay couple across town gets married.

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Ron wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage is between one man and one woman. That's the way it has been and will always be.
Wrong on both counts. For much if not most of history, marriage was one man and a bunch of women, or even one woman and several men.

And it is NOW frequently one man and another man, or one woman and another woman. Thousands and thousands of same sex couples are now married, and always will be.

This idea that families have always looked exactly the same is absolute bunk. The idea of what is a family has evolved a great deal over time, and this change to recognize the gay people who have ALWAYS existed but previously lived a miserable tortured life of hiding and lies and can now live openly as who they are is a very good thing for all concerned and harms absolutely nobody.

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Ron--"Soon we will be paying for there medical care."

Which has what, exactly, to do with marriage equality?

"If someone serves time we pay for them."

As well we should, but it needs to be pointed out that the insane amounts we're spending on having more people in jail than any developed nation in the world is not making any of us safer and maybe we need to start addressing the root causes of crime instead of just locking up millions and millions of people and thinking "I can't see them now, problem solved!" like a 8 month old without object permanance established.

"People need to stand up for issues that are right or wrong."

And you seem determined to stand up for what's wrong, to oppose the rights of anyone except yourself.

"Just like the gun legislation. Who is someone to tell me that I can't own or even carry a gun."

Every person who walks the streets you do and deserves to have those streets safer knowing there aren't knuckleheads running around fully armed because they've seen too many movies and think they can gun down the "bad guys" like Bruce Willis.
Gunned Down

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Ron wrote:
<quoted text>
Soon we will be paying for there medical care. If someone serves time we pay for them. People need to stand up for issues that are right or wrong. Just like the gun legislation. Who is someone to tell me that I can't own or even carry a gun.
Yup our rights have been trampled again and again.Frustrating!
Ron

Manhattan, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

OkieDarren wrote:
<quoted text>
How. Explain how it is you are harmed if the gay couple across town gets married.
It is really simple. It goes against the laws of nature.

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Ron wrote:
<quoted text>
It is really simple. It goes against the laws of nature.
....and guns grow on trees.
You Think

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

[Ron Wrote:Soon we will be paying for there medical care. If someone serves time we pay for them. People need to stand up for issues that are right or wrong. Just like the gun legislation. Who is someone to tell me that I can't own or even carry a gun]
Please stop your level of naivety is showing. Do some research on the prison industry. Inmates are housed in small cells with a small bunk bed and toilet if they are lucky they might have a small sink. They are fed food that most of us would not feed to our pets. They are issued cheap clothes, however some can purchase clothing if they would like to pay double the price for the clothing. They have jobs but are only paid a dollar or two an hour. They manufacture furniture and food that is used in their own institution or other institutions, sometimes sold to the public as well. They can purchases some food and toiletries from the commissary at double and triple the prices we would pay for the same items. The guards that are paid to protect them don't protect swat.
Please, don't get me started on med care. So they get some sub standard med care while they are locked down. However when one of your friends are relatives daughters decide to have several babies with several different fathers, it is acceptable that we foot the bill for prenatal care and the delivery. Then we provide quality med care to the kids for the next 18 yrs. Most of these unmarried princesses won't work a study job so we will also foot the bill for housing, utilities and food. But as long as they are having unprotected sex with the opposite sex and popping out babies, society loves & approves of them. Myself and several of my friends who all work can not even afford to go to the dentist but if we could pop out some babies we would have full med and dental coverage.
No one is telling anyone they can not have guns. Of course many of you out there need guns because of your paranoid delusions and to feel tough. Has it ever crossed your mind to take a self defense class? With that being said, all that is up for debate is stricter gun laws. If you truly see guns as a hobby or a way to protect yourself, I would think you would welcome these laws so that guns don't easily fall into the wrong hands. Yes, the wrong people will still get guns for the wrong reasons but at least lets try and make it little harder on them. As an advocate for gun owner rights, you should know what guns can do and you should know that some people should not have guns. Maybe you should be advocating for responsible gun laws and responsible gun owners. Stop creating an argument that does not exist, no one is trying to take your guns. Grow up!
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Hey Chester!
Great to here from ya!
Hows the godless gig going?
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
....and guns grow on trees.

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

CDC wrote:
Hey Chester!
Great to here from ya!
Hows the godless gig going?
<quoted text>
It's real :)
Ron

Manhattan, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

You Think wrote:
[Ron Wrote:Soon we will be paying for there medical care. If someone serves time we pay for them. People need to stand up for issues that are right or wrong. Just like the gun legislation. Who is someone to tell me that I can't own or even carry a gun]
Please stop your level of naivety is showing. Do some research on the prison industry. Inmates are housed in small cells with a small bunk bed and toilet if they are lucky they might have a small sink. They are fed food that most of us would not feed to our pets. They are issued cheap clothes, however some can purchase clothing if they would like to pay double the price for the clothing. They have jobs but are only paid a dollar or two an hour. They manufacture furniture and food that is used in their own institution or other institutions, sometimes sold to the public as well. They can purchases some food and toiletries from the commissary at double and triple the prices we would pay for the same items. The guards that are paid to protect them don't protect swat.
Please, don't get me started on med care. So they get some sub standard med care while they are locked down. However when one of your friends are relatives daughters decide to have several babies with several different fathers, it is acceptable that we foot the bill for prenatal care and the delivery. Then we provide quality med care to the kids for the next 18 yrs. Most of these unmarried princesses won't work a study job so we will also foot the bill for housing, utilities and food. But as long as they are having unprotected sex with the opposite sex and popping out babies, society loves & approves of them. Myself and several of my friends who all work can not even afford to go to the dentist but if we could pop out some babies we would have full med and dental coverage.
No one is telling anyone they can not have guns. Of course many of you out there need guns because of your paranoid delusions and to feel tough. Has it ever crossed your mind to take a self defense class? With that being said, all that is up for debate is stricter gun laws. If you truly see guns as a hobby or a way to protect yourself, I would think you would welcome these laws so that guns don't easily fall into the wrong hands. Yes, the wrong people will still get guns for the wrong reasons but at least lets try and make it little harder on them. As an advocate for gun owner rights, you should know what guns can do and you should know that some people should not have guns. Maybe you should be advocating for responsible gun laws and responsible gun owners. Stop creating an argument that does not exist, no one is trying to take your guns. Grow up!
Sounds like you are are just grasping now. Sounds like you think that prisons should be like checking into The Hyatt Regency. They are prisoners, law breakers. Don't even get me started on Public Aid/Welfare. Yes the government is wanting to take peoples right to bear arms away. The Constitution states that people have the right to keep and bear arms. That means everybody. Of course that issue exists it is all over the media everyday.
bobby

Bourbonnais, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

You Think wrote:
<quoted text> Umm...Okay what credentials do you have that give you the authority to go around diagnosing people? I have friends that are Psychology majors. I also have a best friend who has a Psychology degree. You are actually projecting you are own problems onto others in your rambling post. What right do you have to come into a topic about same sex marriage and ramble on & on about bullsh!t!
you question credentials when they are smack in your face.
you claim I crave power & control as if implied those cravings come from inside, yet too indecent to define otherwise.. yet your responses to me gives me the power, and as for control .. you clearly lack some.

I don't threaten your right, you threaten your own with the output you choose.. as well as the undeniable fact as to how you refuse to change your stance.

when things aren't going your way, your assault simply gets worse.
the word menace comes to mind.

as for authority, consider the fact that I haven't stayed standing in the same spot with my responses .. because that is more powerful than the idiot parent simply standing there saying 'come on.. come on.. come on..'

it is apparent life is a drug to you, but instead of embracing life you seem to be rejecting it oblivious to your responsibility.

if you think my advice or suggestion is going to increase in depth the closer you get to smothering my right with rudeness, you've got another thing coming.

sanity in question is the fact of your thoughts & efforts coming to a conclusion 'what doesn't work the first time.. maybe it works the second time if I make it more potent'

or did you forget that I am not speaking to you simply to be heard by you?

these 'notes' should serve justice for any local rebuke sent your way.

you are obviously 'for' crying out loud rather than against it.
and when people don't hear you crying, you seem to simply cry louder.
much like a baby that needs to be taught to stop screaming with their lungs and use their vocal chords to be heard.

I said that's hot.. I said you are melting..
but you lack the decency to say 'I don't mind' or 'I want it this way' straightforward.
lashing out with 'leave me alone'..yet forgetting where you are for a person to be walking up to you with the ability to speak (or even see what is going on)..again that points to oblivious.

you clearly said it yourself, my words of neutral & positive are viewed as negative.
perhaps the only part you 'get' is the fact that I am responding to your words, thus the neutral part.

I've seen the same screen name degrade itself, as well as degrade me.
your character seems to be a hate cult.. regardless of whether you are posting alone or not.
bobby

Bourbonnais, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

OkieDarren wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong on both counts. For much if not most of history, marriage was one man and a bunch of women, or even one woman and several men.
And it is NOW frequently one man and another man, or one woman and another woman. Thousands and thousands of same sex couples are now married, and always will be.
This idea that families have always looked exactly the same is absolute bunk. The idea of what is a family has evolved a great deal over time, and this change to recognize the gay people who have ALWAYS existed but previously lived a miserable tortured life of hiding and lies and can now live openly as who they are is a very good thing for all concerned and harms absolutely nobody.
they said tobacco was 'okay'.. only to ban it in public because not everybody wanted to smell or be around it with the burden it placed on health as well as fresh air.

as far as families, it's always been quite the same..
people are with a family by blood, then a bunch of friends with the possibility to call family.
there hasn't been any evolution to what people call a family, not even long distance has been able to evolve what a family is because it has also been used in the past.
You Think

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
you question credentials when they are smack in your face.
you claim I crave power & control as if implied those cravings come from inside, yet too indecent to define otherwise.. yet your responses to me gives me the power, and as for control .. you clearly lack some.
I don't threaten your right, you threaten your own with the output you choose.. as well as the undeniable fact as to how you refuse to change your stance.
when things aren't going your way, your assault simply gets worse.
the word menace comes to mind.
as for authority, consider the fact that I haven't stayed standing in the same spot with my responses .. because that is more powerful than the idiot parent simply standing there saying 'come on.. come on.. come on..'
it is apparent life is a drug to you, but instead of embracing life you seem to be rejecting it oblivious to your responsibility.
if you think my advice or suggestion is going to increase in depth the closer you get to smothering my right with rudeness, you've got another thing coming.
sanity in question is the fact of your thoughts & efforts coming to a conclusion 'what doesn't work the first time.. maybe it works the second time if I make it more potent'
or did you forget that I am not speaking to you simply to be heard by you?
these 'notes' should serve justice for any local rebuke sent your way.
you are obviously 'for' crying out loud rather than against it.
and when people don't hear you crying, you seem to simply cry louder.
much like a baby that needs to be taught to stop screaming with their lungs and use their vocal chords to be heard.
I said that's hot.. I said you are melting..
but you lack the decency to say 'I don't mind' or 'I want it this way' straightforward.
lashing out with 'leave me alone'..yet forgetting where you are for a person to be walking up to you with the ability to speak (or even see what is going on)..again that points to oblivious.
you clearly said it yourself, my words of neutral & positive are viewed as negative.
perhaps the only part you 'get' is the fact that I am responding to your words, thus the neutral part.
I've seen the same screen name degrade itself, as well as degrade me.
your character seems to be a hate cult.. regardless of whether you are posting alone or not.
I don't have a "responsibility" to anyone other then myself." I have a right to say "leave me alone" if I want to. I do not ever have to be passive and say "I don't mind." So with that being said, your rambling is repetive and boring! Go to he!!, O crazy one! Don't bother replying with some of your dumb a$$ Bullsh!t because I will not be on here to see it. I am going out to have fun and enjoy myself. Maybe you should try to do the same!
You Think

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

*Repetitive
You Think

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Real talk, I wish someone would start a line of unisex accessories. Why should we have to choose a man's wallet or a woman's purse. The same with gloves, jewelry, underwear, key chains, sunglasses, etc., to many things to mention. This would probably a successful business venture for someone who has the capital to invest in it. I know there are some unisex lines out there but we need more.
bobby

Bourbonnais, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

You Think wrote:
<quoted text> I don't have a "responsibility" to anyone other then myself
simply because you say those words does not impress or convince me they are believed & put into practice.

lets all stop and think about how children would lie to their parents to say the quickest most impactful thing so that they could run off and continue playing.
because that late blooming nonsense was around in the 1980's and here it is 25-30 years later.

sure, forget those crimes until they happen again.
see, the point here is.. if they happen to you, certainly I am not around to see it or be affected by it immediately.. but if it does happen and you get more grumpy .. it might not be my life being made unpleasant but somebody else's life.

I say I know the feeling, thus prevention in obscure places is a definitive help rather than doing absolutely nothing.

the world is always constantly in need of help to clean things up, really sad that you would rather soak yourself in ignorant lather that is quite the embarrassment from the ground to the sky out into the solar system.

why puke over the thought of cell phone antennas more powerful than any human could ever be?
you think every single thought and all pools of emotions run on the same exact frequency band or as if they appear as the same exact twinkle of attractiveness?
you'd be wrong if you did.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

26 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Now you can have the same riot helmet as the co... 4 min You can buy it too 1
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min shinningelectr0n 1,095,073
The Founding Fathers Fought the Revolutionary W... 7 min Washingtons Blog 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 48 min edogxxx 97,728
Abby 8-20 49 min edogxxx 1
Amy 8-20 53 min edogxxx 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 176,652
•••
•••