Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 Full story: CBS2 50,624

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Full Story
Grannygaga

Eldorado, IL

#38461 Apr 11, 2013
This is totally asssnine!
First off "DUDES" are dudes in the "Gay" world JUST as they are in the "Straight" world. Also in todays AGE This IS acceptable! So buck uppeople
bad idea wrote:
<quoted text>
Join the blacks, they blame other people for their dissatisfaction in life as well. "Everyone just wants things to be fair." Well, reality check, life isn't fair. Also, think about it like this. How will civilization continue to exist with there becoming more and more gays? Last time I checked, a dude can't get another dude pregnant. Don't gay people, men in particular, have a drastically increased risk of aids? Yes they do. Isn't that expensive to treat? Yes it is. Don't most people with aids not have health care? Well, yes. Who pays for their treatments then? The taxpayer. Oh, well its seems to me the american taxpayer should be up in arms because in a round about way, this will only cost them more. It's also un-natural for a child to be reared by gay's. That is already putting them behind the 8 ball to start their life. Kids are cruel, so why would you want to subject a kid to anymore cruelty? The list goes on and on as to why this is a bad idea. Just my opinion.
bobby

Bourbonnais, IL

#38463 Apr 11, 2013
anybody with some history as to how many problems started that at first seemed harmless?

otherwise I could use the 'playing with fire in dry grass' example.. but in the end, dry grass always has a rim that brings the blaze to an end, therefore not the best example.

anyways..
ya'll are talking about marriage again and again.
the topic is civil union, and even I am guilty of that one.
but at least I expressed on topic.
I come back here to see if anybody else is furthering the conversation, not to be 'had' by being labeled as 'so' to sad.
Ron

Manhattan, IL

#38464 Apr 11, 2013
Mr Fizz wrote:
It's about time. Half who preach against gays have gay sex secretly and don't get tested. Be happy some want a real relationship. Quit taking gay folks' tax money if you don't like them. They say it takes at least three people to support a family now tax-wise. If it weren't for gays, many of you couldn't keep cranking out kids and living as well as you do, politicians stealing aside. You couldn't do it on your own. Couldn't...
No one has said anything about not liking them, it is just wrong and unnatural. Life was never intended to be this way....
You Think

Rolla, MO

#38465 Apr 11, 2013
Ron wrote:
<quoted text>
No one has said anything about not liking them, it is just wrong and unnatural. Life was never intended to be this way....
So Ron why don't you tell us how life was intended to be? Maybe we are suppose to be stuck in a loveless marriage with a bully we can't stand? Would we all be better people if we pretended to be happy in a loveless heterosexual relationship or would we be hypocrites who hurt innocent people? Please enlighten us O' holy one? I will never forget a heterosexual relationship were the jack axx stomped my heart into a million pieces to build his own pathetic ego! I am cool though, what didn't kill me made me stronger.
You Think

Rolla, MO

#38466 Apr 11, 2013
Did you loose something, Ron? Maybe a fat girl?
Ron

Manhattan, IL

#38467 Apr 11, 2013
You Think wrote:
<quoted text>So Ron why don't you tell us how life was intended to be? Maybe we are suppose to be stuck in a loveless marriage with a bully we can't stand? Would we all be better people if we pretended to be happy in a loveless heterosexual relationship or would we be hypocrites who hurt innocent people? Please enlighten us O' holy one? I will never forget a heterosexual relationship were the jack axx stomped my heart into a million pieces to build his own pathetic ego! I am cool though, what didn't kill me made me stronger.
Why would you be with someone you couldn't stand?
Ron

Manhattan, IL

#38468 Apr 11, 2013
You Think wrote:
Did you loose something, Ron? Maybe a fat girl?
What did I say that would make you think I lost something? There is no reason to be rude.
You Think

Rolla, MO

#38469 Apr 11, 2013
I have never been with someone I can't stand. However I have heard many men complain about their wives and girlfriends as if they can not stand the women. All the complaining just goes to prove that all heterosexual relationships and unions are not perfect. Yet, heterosexuals are the first to bash someone who has the guts to stand up for what they actually want. People should take care of their own problems before they go bashing other people for their choices.
You Think

Rolla, MO

#38470 Apr 11, 2013
Ron wrote:
<quoted text>
What did I say that would make you think I lost something? There is no reason to be rude.
I am not being rude. I am just wondering what would motivate you to come into this topic if you aren't a supporter of gay rights? Did someone, maybe a girl or a lady leave you for a same sex relationship. Can't you just live and let live?
Ron

Manhattan, IL

#38471 Apr 11, 2013
You Think wrote:
<quoted text> I am not being rude. I am just wondering what would motivate you to come into this topic if you aren't a supporter of gay rights? Did someone, maybe a girl or a lady leave you for a same sex relationship. Can't you just live and let live?
Because I am stating that it is wrong. You made some comment about a fat lady leaving me or something to that effect. That is being rude. If you must know I've been with the same woman for 25yrs.
bobby

Bourbonnais, IL

#38472 Apr 11, 2013
You Think wrote:
<quoted text>So Ron why don't you tell us how life was intended to be? Maybe we are suppose to be stuck in a loveless marriage with a bully we can't stand? Would we all be better people if we pretended to be happy in a loveless heterosexual relationship or would we be hypocrites who hurt innocent people? Please enlighten us O' holy one? I will never forget a heterosexual relationship were the jack axx stomped my heart into a million pieces to build his own pathetic ego! I am cool though, what didn't kill me made me stronger.
what is seen here is a person expressing their desire to learn in the wrong way.
begging with retort is more than a taunt, it is assault & oppression as well as negligence of the speaker.

simply because you create a cavity does not imply somebody will come along and fill it full of health.
it is even worse when the person creating the cavity isn't managing said cavity.
yet even worse is a person managing their cavity, only to lose their grip with a large pile of work needing to be organized, or at the least fulfilled.
creating a cavity in the first place isn't necessarily obnoxious, because it is a preposterous defense tactic .. however, being stuck in a casted mold after creating such a cavity because there isn't anything to move forward with certainly doesn't help .. but it isn't impossible & it isn't irrational .. it simply shows a lack of sanity & sensibility of the people around you whom you looked out to for the next forward step that was missing.

but don't forget, everything has an opposite.
where there are cavities, the opposite would be a bubble of gay.. the real gay, where it is the emotional numb that has nothing at all to do with physical sex.

people shove those bubbles in people's faces as if flame retardant.. and people also stand by other people with their cavity hoping their body will express itself.

either one is typically the problem where a source created something, and instead of being able to organize the problem and find fulfillment moving forward .. the lack of forward caused a stall, and the stall creates a situation where the person has nothing else better to do other than think about the source repeatedly.
since it was organized (or even if it wasn't) the sanity & sensibility kicks in and says time is up because too much time & energy focusing on one thing is quite opposite to the belief of life giving many things to offer.

the real work is getting to know if the organizational effort was completed, or if it was left behind by a lazy person.. because the thought of life & the belief of all life has to give is kinda like the excitement of running fresh into a carnival at the beginning of the day without any idea what you are going to ride first because your open-mindedness simply doesn't care to make a decision.
it has nothing to do with how fast or how long the thoughts were pondered, because some people can do it in less than 60 seconds .. sometimes those same people need 60 months.

some people tend to cavities because they know they can sit down to a conversation that will surf the waters until the source is found, to help the person once again view the problem .. but the truth is, that person might not be there for you to use as forward progress because maybe you two are total strangers without the time or reason to continue speaking.
that is when people get to the source of the problem and really come to a list of available options.
they might help you organize some more from the period of the source upwards to whenever you quit communicating.
or
maybe they look to the future of the present and give some advice or insight to the economy.

that is what they call food for thought, it is what fills hobbies to exist in the first place.

people won't be your friend if you've got nothing to give.
and even if you do, those people might not be true friends as leeches do exist.

there's room to say 'value your time'
Ron

Manhattan, IL

#38473 Apr 11, 2013
bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
what is seen here is a person expressing their desire to learn in the wrong way.
begging with retort is more than a taunt, it is assault & oppression as well as negligence of the speaker.
simply because you create a cavity does not imply somebody will come along and fill it full of health.
it is even worse when the person creating the cavity isn't managing said cavity.
yet even worse is a person managing their cavity, only to lose their grip with a large pile of work needing to be organized, or at the least fulfilled.
creating a cavity in the first place isn't necessarily obnoxious, because it is a preposterous defense tactic .. however, being stuck in a casted mold after creating such a cavity because there isn't anything to move forward with certainly doesn't help .. but it isn't impossible & it isn't irrational .. it simply shows a lack of sanity & sensibility of the people around you whom you looked out to for the next forward step that was missing.
but don't forget, everything has an opposite.
where there are cavities, the opposite would be a bubble of gay.. the real gay, where it is the emotional numb that has nothing at all to do with physical sex.
people shove those bubbles in people's faces as if flame retardant.. and people also stand by other people with their cavity hoping their body will express itself.
either one is typically the problem where a source created something, and instead of being able to organize the problem and find fulfillment moving forward .. the lack of forward caused a stall, and the stall creates a situation where the person has nothing else better to do other than think about the source repeatedly.
since it was organized (or even if it wasn't) the sanity & sensibility kicks in and says time is up because too much time & energy focusing on one thing is quite opposite to the belief of life giving many things to offer.
the real work is getting to know if the organizational effort was completed, or if it was left behind by a lazy person.. because the thought of life & the belief of all life has to give is kinda like the excitement of running fresh into a carnival at the beginning of the day without any idea what you are going to ride first because your open-mindedness simply doesn't care to make a decision.
it has nothing to do with how fast or how long the thoughts were pondered, because some people can do it in less than 60 seconds .. sometimes those same people need 60 months.
some people tend to cavities because they know they can sit down to a conversation that will surf the waters until the source is found, to help the person once again view the problem .. but the truth is, that person might not be there for you to use as forward progress because maybe you two are total strangers without the time or reason to continue speaking.
that is when people get to the source of the problem and really come to a list of available options.
they might help you organize some more from the period of the source upwards to whenever you quit communicating.
or
maybe they look to the future of the present and give some advice or insight to the economy.
that is what they call food for thought, it is what fills hobbies to exist in the first place.
people won't be your friend if you've got nothing to give.
and even if you do, those people might not be true friends as leeches do exist.
there's room to say 'value your time'
You said it Bobby. Excellent!!!!!!!
bobby

Bourbonnais, IL

#38474 Apr 12, 2013
some people will surf their own problems if they had somebody that cared enough to listen.

listening to somebody surf their problems is an expedition of travel.

not everybody has the money to travel, and even if they do.. they don't always have the fame to communicate with people once they get there.

don't confuse begging openly & honestly with retorting.

sad but true, people stop listening because they hate to see 'fed up' people lay down paragraphs that help them clean themselves up while the other person has nothing to do but listen and watch you walk away an improved person.
they get grumpy HUNTING for their own problems, despite any that might exist (or any that made it to the surface from their subconscious).

some of the biggest crimes in history, of this era, come from the sheer jealousy of people that cannot repair themselves.
whether it is intellect, or fancy military sprays to clean up wounds.
then to further add grief to burden, they think the only way they can get some help is if they pay for it .. which is counter-productive & counter-intuitive because no dumb person could be allowed to make large amounts of money (in their mind.. unless it is physical labor, and in that case the person apparently doesn't have the free time to think or get into trouble .. as well as perhaps too dumb to get themselves into too much trouble).

but it isn't the 1950's with sanitariums anymore.

notice the word 'sane' inside sanitary.

people shouldn't quibble over the facts of whether it is a serious issue with money, or a serious issue with jealousy.

jealousy has always been an issue of problem.. always aimed at money, power, fame.
inside jealousy is greed, and it isn't irrational to think a person is greedy to want repairs for themselves.
but it is insane for those people to ignore valid help.
it is putrid rage for those people to cock-block help.
it is a chemical imbalance in the brain mixed with adrenaline for those people to shun confident help.

whether it is neglect from parents or hypnosis at work hiding or nurturing talent .. I shrug, but I do more than that too.

just don't forget,
some people are stuck with an attitude that says things like 'ugh.. I want some too!'

but there is also issues with double identity going on, and if you treated me with some sanity and sensibility.. I might of said something to you about it.
but what people forget is, the people with the power won't necessarily give it up because there are far too many people out there that walk right into deserving the blanket of torment placed onto them by power & fame larger than their entire state can get its grip on.

cheers shithead.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#38475 Apr 12, 2013
Ron wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I am stating that it is wrong. You made some comment about a fat lady leaving me or something to that effect. That is being rude. If you must know I've been with the same woman for 25yrs.
25 yrs....good for you. Goes to show that same sex relationships have NO effect on your life at all!
NAMBLA

Chicago, IL

#38476 Apr 12, 2013
And when is the elephant in the room going to get equality? Marriage for pedosexuals?

“Romans 13: 8-10”

Since: Feb 08

Oklahoma City, OK

#38477 Apr 12, 2013
NAMBLA wrote:
And when is the elephant in the room going to get equality? Marriage for pedosexuals?
It's not an "elephant," it's a bogeyman, an entirely fictional 'issue' from the nastiest bigots around, promoting the hateful lie that homosexuality and child abuse are related.
There are now 10 states or districts with marriage equality for gays, and in NONE is there the slightest move towards people marrying children, their brother, 17 people, a cat or a Datsun. These "slippery slope" straw men keep being brought up, and they're nothing but lies that continue only because there is no legitimate reason to oppose marriage equality for gay people.
Ron

Manhattan, IL

#38478 Apr 12, 2013
Imprtnrd wrote:
<quoted text> 25 yrs....good for you. Goes to show that same sex relationships have NO effect on your life at all!
It's effects everyone.
Ron

Manhattan, IL

#38479 Apr 12, 2013
Imprtnrd wrote:
<quoted text> 25 yrs....good for you. Goes to show that same sex relationships have NO effect on your life at all!
Marriage is between one man and one woman. That's the way it has been and will always be.
You Think

Rolla, MO

#38480 Apr 12, 2013
bobby wrote:
some people will surf their own problems if they had somebody that cared enough to listen.
listening to somebody surf their problems is an expedition of travel.
not everybody has the money to travel, and even if they do.. they don't always have the fame to communicate with people once they get there.
dce from their subconscious).
some of the biggest crimes in history, of this era, come from the sheer jealousy of people that cannot repair themselves.
whether it is intellect, or fancy military sprays to clean up wounds.
then to further add grief to burden, they think the only way they can get some help is if they pay for it .. which is counter-productive & counter-intuitive because no dumb person could be allowed to make large amounts of money (in their mind.. unless it is physical labor, and in that case the person apparently doesn't have the free time to think or get into trouble .. as well as perhaps too dumb to get themselves into too much trouble).
but it isn't the 1950's with sanitariums anymore.
notice the word 'sane' inside sanitary.
people shouldn't quibble over the facts of whether it is a serious issue with money, or a serious issue with jealousy.
jealousy has always been an issue of problem.. always aimed at money, power, fame.
inside jealousy is greed, and it isn't irrational to think a person is greedy to want repairs for themselves.
but it is insane for those people to ignore valid help.
it is putrid rage for those people to cock-block help.
it is a chemical imbalance in the brain mixed with adrenaline for those people to shun confident help.
whether it is neglect from parents or hypnosis at work hiding or nurturing talent .. I shrug, but I do more than that too.
just don't forget,
some people are stuck with an attitude that says things like 'ugh.. I want some too!'
but there is also issues with double identity going on, and if you treated me with some sanity and sensibility.. I might of said something to you about it.
but what people forget is, the people with the power won't necessarily give it up because there are far too many people out there that walk right into deserving the blanket of torment placed onto them by power & fame larger than their entire state can get its grip on.
cheers shithead.
Umm...Okay what credentials do you have that give you the authority to go around diagnosing people? I have friends that are Psychology majors. I also have a best friend who has a Psychology degree. You are actually projecting you are own problems onto others in your rambling post. What right do you have to come into a topic about same sex marriage and ramble on & on about bullsh!t!
You don't have any right to come in here and try to tell other people how to live. You do not pay their bills, you will not answer for their rights or wrongs in the after life if there is one and you will not be the one to serve time or pay fines if they go to jail. Stop trying to make your ramblings about right and wrong and other people's mental issues.
You are not smart, so stop trying to front like you are. You don't know swat about Psychology. You might have read an article in Women's Day or checked out a short story on Yahoo about a Psychological issue. So now you are Sigmund Freud? Oh, Freud please diagnose me with all that you learned when you earned your GED diploma. Not to mention how you showed how dumb you really were for calling people out on a chat website about spelling and grammar mistakes. FYI most people use slang and chatspeak when posting and texting. That lower level English class you took at the junior college must have went straight to your head. Do some research and get with the times, you are not hip or intelligent. You seek power and control of others by trying to tell them how to live i.e. opposing gay same sex unions. You assault others with your offensive, rambling post, there that is my diagnosis, in laymen terms you are a BULLY!
Ron

Manhattan, IL

#38481 Apr 12, 2013
You Think wrote:
<quoted text> Umm...Okay what credentials do you have that give you the authority to go around diagnosing people? I have friends that are Psychology majors. I also have a best friend who has a Psychology degree. You are actually projecting you are own problems onto others in your rambling post. What right do you have to come into a topic about same sex marriage and ramble on & on about bullsh!t!
You don't have any right to come in here and try to tell other people how to live. You do not pay their bills, you will not answer for their rights or wrongs in the after life if there is one and you will not be the one to serve time or pay fines if they go to jail. Stop trying to make your ramblings about right and wrong and other people's mental issues.
You are not smart, so stop trying to front like you are. You don't know swat about Psychology. You might have read an article in Women's Day or checked out a short story on Yahoo about a Psychological issue. So now you are Sigmund Freud? Oh, Freud please diagnose me with all that you learned when you earned your GED diploma. Not to mention how you showed how dumb you really were for calling people out on a chat website about spelling and grammar mistakes. FYI most people use slang and chatspeak when posting and texting. That lower level English class you took at the junior college must have went straight to your head. Do some research and get with the times, you are not hip or intelligent. You seek power and control of others by trying to tell them how to live i.e. opposing gay same sex unions. You assault others with your offensive, rambling post, there that is my diagnosis, in laymen terms you are a BULLY!
Soon we will be paying for there medical care. If someone serves time we pay for them. People need to stand up for issues that are right or wrong. Just like the gun legislation. Who is someone to tell me that I can't own or even carry a gun.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min fetch almighty 1,126,710
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 15 min Year 47,497
Obama Gives Trillions for Wall Street, Not a Di... 17 min Go Blue Forever 23
Rattlesnake Logic 50 min little boy blue 20
Amy 10-24 1 hr edogxxx 2
Abby 10-24 1 hr edogxxx 2
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL 70,100
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 179,387
Chicago Dating
Find my Match