Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS2

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Comments (Page 1,644)

Showing posts 32,861 - 32,880 of48,693
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
love

Barnhart, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

We all derserve equality, but the fact is u can change laws but u cant change the Bible
Justice1313

Forked River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

A young child asked about men dating men and women dating women. I PRAYED FIRST and then repeated what I had heard in the spirit, to the child, "TELL ME ABOUT THE BIRDS WHICH ARE ALL AROUND YOU." The child noticed that the small brown birds nest in the tree houses. The male is a darker brown and the female is a brown/tan color. Both the male and female build the nest and they both protect the nest from any intruders. The large blue birds live high in the trees. The male is a bright blue and the females are a lighter blue as well as smaller in size. Both parents teach their young how to fly and how to hunt for food. The red birds are fun to watch. The male is a bright red and the female is a brownish red. The male finds food and then brings the female to the food. He sits a bit higher in the tree, watching over the female while she eats. Both parents teach their young to fly and hunt for food. etc. I then asked if she noticed what happened when a second female tried to enter a bird house which already had a family inside? The child noticed, BOTH the male & the female couple attacked the intruder and sent it away. I then asked if the child noticed any female birds nesting with another female or any male birds nesting with another male bird? The child said NO./ I know of a precious young male who thinks he is gay. I love him because he is one of GOD'S children. I will forever help him because I am NOT his judge.*If I find out a CHILD is being abused by an ADULT, under any SCREEN Title, I will get involved by contacting the local authorities and keeping an eye on the child in trouble. I worry about ABUSIVE ADULTS, living under the CLOAK of FAMILY, in order to victimize the children they adopt. In the end, GOD will have the final say on our last place of residency: HELL or HEAVEN. I say---Be GOOD & DO NO HARM. We will stand ALONE before our CREATOR, while we view our OWN life choices.
wow

Red Bud, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Marriage is between a man and woman not man and man or woman and woman
wowzers

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Keeps this up and Marriage will be between and Man and boy....YIKES!
wow wrote:
Marriage is between a man and woman not man and man or woman and woman
momma

Columbia, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

why should i be forced to tolerate this as the new normal for my grandchild? and what will i be forced to tolerate next? human animal marriage?? there is no difference. no children from the union = no continuation of the planet. let the fur fly

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Fact wrote:
<quoted text> Creator you cant prove that!Its a book written by man not woman and they change it all the time for there benefit.(Religion = Hate).........
Your response is hateful and ignorant.

Smile.
Da Shiznit

Manhattan, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

If someone wants to smoke pole or munch carpet, that is on them, but marriage is ONE man ONE woman.
Lone wolf

Mokena, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

You have to feel sorry for any young child stuck with two dads or two moms.these unions are effectively ruining these children's lives. They always say that liberalism is a mental disorder and rightfully so it is.hippies of the sixties have ripened the society that we have today into total failure.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
Shoe's on the other foot, eh? See how that feels, Kuntmary?

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Lone wolf wrote:
You have to feel sorry for any young child stuck with two dads or two moms.these unions are effectively ruining these children's lives. They always say that liberalism is a mental disorder and rightfully so it is.hippies of the sixties have ripened the society that we have today into total failure.
Don't look up now, but the sky is falling, Henny.
Quantum

Olathe, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
Your response is smug and self-serving.

Smirk.
TRUTH FINDER

Shelbyville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

wow closed mided idots dont like it tooo fckn bad ..deal with it..and just because its legal does not mean ur kids or grandkids are going to do it ...and if they did would u still be this closedminded about it disown them....and alot of children re ised by ame couple families and they have turnd out just fine...just sometnelse for u to bitch about
Paul

Bourbonnais, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

1st... who cares ?

2... Why is the state involved in marriage anyway... a long time ago it was "hard" to get a divorce... ie you had to have 'grounds" .... today... anyone can get a divorce.... ie marriage as far as the state is concerned isn't any more important than a fishing license

3 : The state should just get out of the "marriage" business and just give everyone gay or straight a civil union... the word marriage has religious implications

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Quantum wrote:
<quoted text>
Your response is smug and self-serving.
Smirk.
If it were true, that justifies hate and ignorance?

Smile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

TRUTH FINDER wrote:
wow closed mided idots dont like it tooo fckn bad ..deal with it..and just because its legal does not mean ur kids or grandkids are going to do it ...and if they did would u still be this closedminded about it disown them....and alot of children re ised by ame couple families and they have turnd out just fine...just sometnelse for u to bitch about
You are confusing a response to homosexuality with calling ss couples married.

What that confusion exposes is a desperate but impotent attempt to find self-approval by forcing others to accept a lie about marriage.

It won't work.

Smile.
tolerance

Paris, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

hate and ignorance
intolerance

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Go F yourself
tolerance wrote:
hate and ignorance
bobby

Kankakee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

seems like people are pushing the hate and ignorance as if it supplies a demand (or families who make money sorting through the failure of character, yet oblivious to their own failures).
do da

Carterville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Paul wrote:
1st... who cares ?
2... Why is the state involved in marriage anyway... a long time ago it was "hard" to get a divorce... ie you had to have 'grounds" .... today... anyone can get a divorce.... ie marriage as far as the state is concerned isn't any more important than a fishing license
3 : The state should just get out of the "marriage" business and just give everyone gay or straight a civil union... the word marriage has religious implications
Marriage for those of us who believe in God....civil unions for those that refuse to believe!!! Simple...

“Hey!”

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

The ignorance here is making me laugh. You guys seriously can't care so much about gays that it affects your life that you grandson shouldn't see it.

I hope you ignorant idiots have children or grandchildren whom are gay.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 32,861 - 32,880 of48,693
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

85 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Amy July 12 6 min Kuuipo 4
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min mdbuilder 1,072,638
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 min Midlothian Composer 97,446
NRA mouthpiece Wayne LaPierre quiet 10 min joey 35
Song Title Game (Dec '11) 10 min boundary painter 1,097
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 min No Warming 45,520
Word (Dec '08) 13 min boundary painter 4,575
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 31 min Jacques from Ottawa 173,699
•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at July 12 at 2:02PM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE