Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS2

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Comments (Page 1,640)

Showing posts 32,781 - 32,800 of48,696
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

KiMare wrote:
At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
So, straight people need constraint on their mating behaviors, and marraige is successful at that goal?
I think you might want to research the stats a bit more. The fornication that straight folks seem to engage in before, during, and after marriage seem to prove that your "restraint" just isn't working.
Gay folks legally marrying won't affect the mating habits of heterosexuals. If they want to clean up their act, they will need to learn to do it on their own.
Who said that it is always successful?

Nor does that change or disprove the purpose of marriage. The same can be said of any societal law.

However, as the latest, largest and most scientific study to date of seven family types, the effects of marriage exceeded all others by far. Lesbians came in last. AFTER single parents. Gays didn't even rate!

Of course gays can't affect normal sex. Nor can they replicate it. They only ever represent half of normal sex!!!

You don't know these things?

Smile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
For the sake of argument, Kuntmary likes to pretend that marriage had always been exactly as it is now. Acknowledging the evolutionary status of marriage diminishes his pretend argument.
Just a heads up brainless, non-functioning vagina; The evolutionary influence of mating behavior in marriage has never evolved.

Please, where do you think it went, I'd like to know too...

Snicker smile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Gibby1 wrote:
<quoted text>
KiMore...accept the challenge. The premise for "accepting" gay marriage is that this is only about sex and
what two-of-a-kind do with their sexual elements.
Laws and regulations in our society are there to serve as the bumper-guards to how we choose to live
as a people and society. Numerous laws dictate how we are to conduct ourselves. We cannot discriminate for ...housing, jobs, voting, and sexual orientation. You can't yell fire in a movie theater nor go 85 mph on the freeway, etc etc.
Get the point?? No one is saying, that what you do behind closed doors, with whomever you do it with, is
being taken away. Because when you walk out of that bedroom door, we are all back to playing by the
same set of societal rules. Why do we need another set of laws that speak to your sexual choice? What you
do behind those doors is your business....society doesn't need to vote on what you do there...that's your business. But because you may like Popsicles and I like pie, doesn't give me nor you--nor society--the
right to say we must allow either within the societal regulations.
You see?? Sex is NOT a society issue---so stop trying to make it one. Its not a 'what's the harm','less security' issue....it is sex and however you wanted served up to you. Nothing more...nothing less. Play by society rules and what you do in your personal world, is no concern or harm to me.
Who said it was 'only' about sex?

You accept the challenge instead of making stupid assertions.

At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior. Sex is only a vehicle of the primary goal of evolution. The social constraint of marriage is the unique cross cultural tool to deal with the results of evolutionary mating behavior. It is what distinguishes marriage from every other relationship.

At the most gay couples are a friendship. Hardly something for government involvement.

Smile.
bobby

Kankakee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

'marriage is the unique cross cultural tool to deal with the results of evolutionary mating behavior.'

i see clear signs of a psychotic episode.

first of all, marriage as a tool is simply an opinion, not primal fact.

saying the word 'constraint' simply shows shallow character.

saying the word 'unique' simply shows flaming character.

saying 'cross cultural tool' simply shows disgusting morales.

suggesting marriage deals with the results of evolutionary mating behavior is a key indicator of retardation in practice.

saying 'it' is a sign of laziness, preventing me to comment any further about the line.. other than needing to say both:
1. social resolution of marriage isn't enough to speak of the relationship, because social definition is vital as well too.
however, wasting time & effort bringing up the word 'constraint' is a fallacy compared to keeping focus on the resolution & definition - again a clear indication of flaming character & retardation in practice.

same sex parents are with the potential to ruin children's lives, as they might feel broken inside since their childhood.. causing a necessity for some form of tax return.

you used the word 'couples'..but given your previous actions, it is hard to warrant whether you intended to say parents or a couple without children.

2. if you were saying 'it' as in 'that' or 'everything' is what distinguishes marriage, blind to the resolution & definition of the character of each individual.. as well as the resolution & definition of each person when they are together (because of changes or neglect, if any) is something you are guilty of.
bobby

Kankakee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

correction..
i said 'marriage as a tool'
but it should of been 'marriage as THE tool' since that was the context responded to.

simply because two people are married doesn't stand the test of time when the marriage is failing, because as a tool the value is lowered.
when compared, a failing marriage as a tool doesn't amount to, go as high as, go as far as a simple healthy friendship.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course. That is why every culture that ever existed has done so with marriage.
However, imposing a defect on evolutionary mating behavior isn't a constriction, it is stupidity.
Smirk.
<quoted text>
No, it's fact.
Here's another fact.
Your response is denial.
And another fact.
Your response is stupid.
Snicker.
My marriage says otherwise.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a heads up brainless, non-functioning vagina; The evolutionary influence of mating behavior in marriage has never evolved.
Please, where did my erectile function go, I'd like to know too...
Snicker smile.
Heads up, Einstein, there has never been any evolutionary influence of mating behavior in marriage. These are just words that you ejaculate in order to pontificate about the sanctity of marriage.

Kuntzinga, Kuntmary.
bobby

Kankakee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

using the world 'never' shows a flaming character of retardation, as well as signs of abuse in practice, because there isn't any difference as to the question of definition for the word 'never'

because 'never' can be used and defined as 'rare'
but more commonly known as 'not ever'
as the real question is compared to the definitive 'never-ever'

it's the lazy & it's the neglect.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

bobby wrote:
using the world 'never' shows a flaming character of retardation, as well as signs of abuse in practice, because there isn't any difference as to the question of definition for the word 'never'
because 'never' can be used and defined as 'rare'
but more commonly known as 'not ever'
as the real question is compared to the definitive 'never-ever'
it's the lazy & it's the neglect.
quit beating around the mulberry bush; what's your point?
bobby

Kankakee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

using words like 'quit' shows signs of rage, oppression, narcissism.

empty responses such as 'what's your point?' shows signs of fury.

you are guilty of cruel and|or unusual punishment.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

bobby wrote:
using words like 'quit' shows signs of rage, oppression, narcissism.
empty responses such as 'what's your point?' shows signs of fury.
you are guilty of cruel and|or unusual punishment.
Thanks for elaborating, I understand your intentions perfectly.
intellectual GIANT

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

What's your point?
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
quit beating around the mulberry bush; what's your point?
Face Reality

Aniwa, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course. That is why every culture that ever existed has done so with marriage.
However, imposing a defect on evolutionary mating behavior isn't a constriction, it is stupidity.
Smirk.
Those who believe they evolved from apes and slime are regressing to their previous condition.
The defect is perverse and the legalization of same sex marriage is a perversion of law.
Steve

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

intellectual GIANT wrote:
What's your point?
<quoted text>
Really, it's not so much a point. Rather it's more of a giant mushroom shaped object.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

bobby wrote:
'marriage is the unique cross cultural tool to deal with the results of evolutionary mating behavior.'
i see clear signs of a psychotic episode.
first of all, marriage as a tool is simply an opinion, not primal fact.
saying the word 'constraint' simply shows shallow character.
saying the word 'unique' simply shows flaming character.
saying 'cross cultural tool' simply shows disgusting morales.
suggesting marriage deals with the results of evolutionary mating behavior is a key indicator of retardation in practice.
saying 'it' is a sign of laziness, preventing me to comment any further about the line.. other than needing to say both:
1. social resolution of marriage isn't enough to speak of the relationship, because social definition is vital as well too.
however, wasting time & effort bringing up the word 'constraint' is a fallacy compared to keeping focus on the resolution & definition - again a clear indication of flaming character & retardation in practice.
same sex parents are with the potential to ruin children's lives, as they might feel broken inside since their childhood.. causing a necessity for some form of tax return.
you used the word 'couples'..but given your previous actions, it is hard to warrant whether you intended to say parents or a couple without children.
2. if you were saying 'it' as in 'that' or 'everything' is what distinguishes marriage, blind to the resolution & definition of the character of each individual.. as well as the resolution & definition of each person when they are together (because of changes or neglect, if any) is something you are guilty of.
bobby,

The only thing you said that is reality based was 'clear signs of a psychotic episode', but relating to the accuser.

While I enjoyed the cleverness of your response, you and I both know it is a diversion from presenting a logical and reasoned response. Something you are incapable of doing because it is simple, pure, unadulterated, reality based truth.

In your next post, you note the difference between marriage and friendship. My point exactly.

Bazinga!
bobby

Kankakee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

you are simply guilty of cruel punishment also.

using words like 'only' with a paragraph shorter than my first morning thought is a solid example of your shallow mindset.

to further prove said shallow mindset,
'my point exactly' is three words long without enough definition or resolution to fuel an ego - yet there it is.

if you asked me if i was disabled, i would point at your idiocy & say YES.

not only did i see humiliation, i see a potential threat.

showing of your hypocrisy as to the 'presenting a logical and reasoned response' only warrants the danger of mentioned threat since there isn't any definition or resolution spoken of from you as to the reason or logic behind, under, over, side, mid, forward, or backward your words to me.

perhaps psychotic is the length of definitions that could be thrown at your ugly physiology.

to further prove your fury of flaming character, you said 'reality based' when the correct context is 'reality-based'

from the ground to the sky, let this be a note of testimony & evidence.
bobby

Kankakee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

..further

i didn't state the difference between marriage and friendship, i compared them.

let's look together.
difference
compare
those two row of letters aren't lining up together as one.

you say the difference between marriage & friendship can be said in a single sentence, i am opposed.
bobby

Kankakee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

ugly?

certainly.!

when the difference between marriage & friendship cannot be said in a single sentence, even when it is the same exact couple.
bobby

Kankakee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

why not throw flames for an unnecessary comma?

yet stroking of character is my choice, since it is my half of the equation.
bobby

Kankakee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

you could blame the website for not allowing italics, but i could disgrace you for not knowing me well enough to use capslock or quotations.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 32,781 - 32,800 of48,696
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

23 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 min Brian_G 45,556
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 15 min Corrupt Democrats 1,831
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 20 min PDUPONT 1,072,839
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr loose cannon 173,743
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Go Blue Forever 97,455
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr voice of peace 67,543
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr Stuart Cudahy 68,163
•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at July 12 at 8:58PM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE