Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS2

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Comments
32,681 - 32,700 of 48,865 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago

Since: Jun 11

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Marriage means different things to different people. Everyone is free to attach whatever meaning they choose for themselves, to their own marriage.

But from a legal perspective, marriage it is a fundamental right of the individual.

The only eligibility requirement for fundamental rights is being human.

Reasonable restrictions may be made only when a compelling and legitimate governmental interest can withstand judicial scrutiny.

Most can agree with the courts that reasonable restrictions include age, ability to demonstrate informed consent, and not being closely related or currently married. Gender is not a restriction.

While churches may place any restrictions they choose on their own ceremonies, the government can only restrict fundamental rights when a compelling and legitimate justification can be demonstrated.

Procreation ability has never been a requirement for marriage, and therefore fails as a legitimate qualification. Yet even that irrational excuse for discrimination ignores the fact that gay people can and do reproduce, and are raising children either biologically related or adopted. Denial of equal treatment under the law provides nothing to opposite sex couple families. It only harms same sex couple families needlessly.

Gay couples are seeking to be treated equally under the laws currently in effect, in the remaining states that do not yet recognize their marriages, and by the federal government.

Neither tradition nor gender provides a legitimate governmental interest sufficient for denial of this fundamental right.

Since: Jan 13

Bluford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Now, are the surviving spouse of same sex marriages going to get survivor benifits such as pensions and SSI?

The "actuaries" used to calculate fund payments have not included same sex marriages. In fact, based on census data there is a ratio established using specific numbers of married and singles.

Simply stated, there is not enough money in SSI, pension funds or other survivor benifits to include payments to a survivor of a same sex marriage. Including them will deplete our funds and the security of our future retirements.

Since: Jan 13

Bluford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Elliminating survivor benifits to the survivors of same sex marriages would save those funds and protect the security of these retirement funds.

Changing the actuary numbers used would emediately reduce payments to all retirees.

Increasing payments into retirement funds would help include same sex into the actuaries, however, there would be 40 to 50 years worth of fund deposits missing.(Years worked until the death of one spouse.)

My bet is, if same sex survivor benifits were eliminated, they would not have gotten married in the first place.
mother Superior

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

That's exactly what they want my dear.
Marriage BENEFITS!
1Patriot wrote:
Elliminating survivor benifits to the survivors of same sex marriages would save those funds and protect the security of these retirement funds.
Changing the actuary numbers used would emediately reduce payments to all retirees.
Increasing payments into retirement funds would help include same sex into the actuaries, however, there would be 40 to 50 years worth of fund deposits missing.(Years worked until the death of one spouse.)
My bet is, if same sex survivor benifits were eliminated, they would not have gotten married in the first place.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

1Patriot wrote:
Now, are the surviving spouse of same sex marriages going to get survivor benifits such as pensions and SSI?
The "actuaries" used to calculate fund payments have not included same sex marriages. In fact, based on census data there is a ratio established using specific numbers of married and singles.
Simply stated, there is not enough money in SSI, pension funds or other survivor benifits to include payments to a survivor of a same sex marriage. Including them will deplete our funds and the security of our future retirements.
Yes, blame the gays for Congress borrowing money (and not paying it back) from the Social Security Trust Fund. You anti-gay types have lost your minds.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

1Patriot wrote:
How about we eliminate YOUR benfits and only give benefits to gay couples?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

AnnieSprinkle wrote:
<quoted text>
pro·cre·ate
/&#712;pr&#333;kr& #275;&#716;&#257;t/
Verb
(of people or animals) Produce young; reproduce.
Homosexuals have produced young. I looked up the word you asked me to look up, even though you did not afford me the same courtesy and instead for the second time told me to "sit on it". To be perfectly honest it's irresponsible for you to use the word demeaning in that context, because it diminishes truly demeaning sexual issues like rape and rape culture. By further continuing to call me 'blonde' as though that matters and alleging your opinions are 'scientific fact', you have made it categorically clear that you cannot carry on intelligent debate even a little bit. In the event that you choose to address anything of importance in my comment rather than ignoring it and only responding to the bits you have copy-and-paste responses for, I will continue this conversation. I can tell you like to argue, so I look forward to it.
PS I hate to break it to you, but for a large majority of people in the developed world homo-, hetero- and bisexual alike, orgasms and intimacy ARE the big picture of sex. Even in the event that a couple is trying to conceive, those things are still the focus of the actual event. This is in response to your assertion that homosexual sex is an attempt to mimic hetero sex, which is absurd. It also illustrates that you know very little of lesbian sex which in no way resembles hetero penetrative intercourse in most situations.
Of course homosexuals have reproduced silly girl! However, I said A 'homosexual couple' cannot procreate. The only option is that one of them utilizes a default opposite gender substitute. The result is a child who is deliberately destitute one natural parent and one parental gender for the sake of the homosexual couple. Criminally atrocious narcissism.

You keep saying anal sex is not demeaning, then you get offended when I just suggest you to experience it. Seems to me you are proving yourself wrong...

Did you really suggest that speaking of anything else as demeaning diminishes the issue of rape??? I won't say you are blonde, but my lip is bleeding right now...

If you think something I've said is unscientific, simply post a rebuttal from a legitimate source. It is easy for anyone to do but blondes...

Heads up honey, not just some humans limit mating behavior to sex, but ALL animals do too. The constraint of marriage is not just to address the likely consequence of children, but to mark the vow of monogamy and the pursuit of sexual union that embraces body, mind and spirit. Something a vast number consider sacred. Something that distinguishes human sex from animals.

As to mimicking heterosexual sex, every aspect of homosexual sex can only do so. They are absent the natural opposite partner. At every level, the complementary half is missing.

Damn, my lip is bleeding again!!!

Smile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Not Yet Equal wrote:
Marriage means different things to different people. Everyone is free to attach whatever meaning they choose for themselves, to their own marriage.
But from a legal perspective, marriage it is a fundamental right of the individual.
The only eligibility requirement for fundamental rights is being human.
Reasonable restrictions may be made only when a compelling and legitimate governmental interest can withstand judicial scrutiny.
Most can agree with the courts that reasonable restrictions include age, ability to demonstrate informed consent, and not being closely related or currently married. Gender is not a restriction.
While churches may place any restrictions they choose on their own ceremonies, the government can only restrict fundamental rights when a compelling and legitimate justification can be demonstrated.
Procreation ability has never been a requirement for marriage, and therefore fails as a legitimate qualification. Yet even that irrational excuse for discrimination ignores the fact that gay people can and do reproduce, and are raising children either biologically related or adopted. Denial of equal treatment under the law provides nothing to opposite sex couple families. It only harms same sex couple families needlessly.
Gay couples are seeking to be treated equally under the laws currently in effect, in the remaining states that do not yet recognize their marriages, and by the federal government.
Neither tradition nor gender provides a legitimate governmental interest sufficient for denial of this fundamental right.
BS

At the most fundamental level, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

Gay couples are a defective desolate contradiction to the very focus of evolution. Literally 'unmarriage'.

No matter how blusterous you pontificate with gay twirl legality, you have yet to get past first base.

Smirk.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text> How about we eliminate YOUR benfits and only give benefits to gay couples?
How about you man up and get your own benefits like marriage did. Leave the protections of mothers and children alone!

Snicker.
blue bird bus

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

The rainbow tribe says welcome home; lovin you...now let's get them joints passed around main circle and usher in the coming of the anti christ. Go ki mare you are really moving this site into the future. I'm proud of you. You are a gay revolutionist. The beatles sang were talking about a evil lution. Never mind all that let me get a hit off the global joint so I can sing strawberrie fields forever. Gooo ki mare you tell em. All we are saying is give gay a chance....everybody is talking about bagism, everybody is talking about fagism, the ism the ism ism ism. Goooo ki mare. Youu are ny worst nightmare
blue bird bus

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Middle finger
blue bird bus

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

All you homosexuals are going to break the internet system if you keep typing away at this crap. A system overload was on the news today...stop. if we mess up the www.com what will we do with our lives? Stair at the wall ? How about we do zen buddism and chant ohhhhmmmmmmm all day instead
blue bird bus

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Lilith_Satans_Who_re wrote:
What???
. Oh my......you can't read can you ? That was a test. If you can read and write that means nothing to me.....you don't know how to think,because you are not free. You have been manufactured by your american culture. Made in the u.s.a is sewed into your forehead. Wake up lilith satan whatever you are
blue bird bus

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

While you ponder on that satan. I'm gonna have more beer. And maybe take a hit off the bong. Free your minds. What we are doing is a evil lution. Such dorks. Beer scares you....them drunks are too rowdy. Drunks are stupid.
blue bird bus

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Jim morrison in the movie the doors with val kilmer. The television set is going bonkers with army helicpoters on the news vietnam is raging like a beast caged in the heart of the city, people are peace protesting, hey jim hey jim hey jim..............everyone is in his face like evil clowns triening to make him cry. Hey jim just sell out. Hey jim just sell your soul to car commercial. Hey jim...be a sober dork like us. So any way morrison blurts out ; I think I'm having a nervious breakdown. Right then and there he became free you dork dork dork dorks
blue bird bus

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Yes, bring the nurse so I can fondle her. it should be against the law to think. They should have a new police force on patrol for thought crimnals. Maybe topix in the future will be a alert system for thought crime. A bait trap...
blue bird bus

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Maybe I'm on the list now by argueing with you dorks. Done gave them my intel. Operations. Why is it sanity is always the question ? Is it against the law to think so insane? Maybe that is what thought crime is you stupid dork.....come to my house so I can get you drunk. Well do beer bongs all night. Do you want my address???
blue bird bus

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Ill give you all my address I ain't a dork. A scared american...I ain't that dork no sir. Need my phone number???? Come on dorks. Computer geeks. Geeks no life. Scared little rabbits. Like rob zombie said ruuuuunnnn rabbit run

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

As to mimicking heterosexual sex, every aspect of homosexual sex can only do so.
Damn, my pussy lips are bleeding again!!!
Honey, we don't mimic heterosexual activity; we do it way better. You should be so lucky.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course homosexuals have reproduced silly girl! However, I said A 'homosexual couple' cannot procreate. The only option is that one of them utilizes a default opposite gender substitute. The result is a child who is deliberately destitute one natural parent and one parental gender for the sake of the homosexual couple. Criminally atrocious narcissism.
You keep saying anal sex is not demeaning, then you get offended when I just suggest you to experience it. Seems to me you are proving yourself wrong...
Did you really suggest that speaking of anything else as demeaning diminishes the issue of rape??? I won't say you are blonde, but my lip is bleeding right now...
If you think something I've said is unscientific, simply post a rebuttal from a legitimate source. It is easy for anyone to do but blondes...
Heads up honey, not just some humans limit mating behavior to sex, but ALL animals do too. The constraint of marriage is not just to address the likely consequence of children, but to mark the vow of monogamy and the pursuit of sexual union that embraces body, mind and spirit. Something a vast number consider sacred. Something that distinguishes human sex from animals.
As to mimicking heterosexual sex, every aspect of homosexual sex can only do so. They are absent the natural opposite partner. At every level, the complementary half is missing.
Damn, my lip is bleeding again!!!
Smile.
"You keep saying anal sex is not demeaning, then you get offended when I just suggest you to experience it. Seems to me you are proving yourself wrong..."

I have no earthly idea where the fuck this came from. When did I ever say I had never had anal sex, or get offended, or any of that at all? Since you are incapable of carrying on intelligent discourse, I am disengaging from this conversation. Seek psychosexual therapy ASAP. I can recommend some resources for you to work out your cisgender projecting.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

41 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Keep a word drop 6 words! 6 min Anonymous42 6
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min THE DEVIL 1,078,994
Detroit man shoots black women in his front yar... 10 min Skyler 1
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 26 min NITiN 7
Saving Catholic Schools 30 min larry 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 47 min JOEL 68,366
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr andet1987 459
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Guy 174,508
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 11 hr Rose of Tralee 97,515