Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 Full story: CBS2 51,279

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Full Story

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#37769 Feb 18, 2013
Googly Bear wrote:
YOU are the on babbling randomly.
Now please address the issue.
Or are YOU also late for the parade?
<quoted text>
Address the issue? Okay:

Illinois approved same-sex civil unions in 2010. Last week, the Illinois Senate approved gay marriage. In the coming weeks, the Illinois House will approve gay marriage, then the Governor will sign the law makng Illinois the 10th state to allow gay marriage.

And there is nothing you can do to stop it.

Feel better?
Googly Bear

Saint Louis, MO

#37770 Feb 18, 2013
So What are you wearing to the parade( if anything )?
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Address the issue? Okay:
Illinois approved same-sex civil unions in 2010. Last week, the Illinois Senate approved gay marriage. In the coming weeks, the Illinois House will approve gay marriage, then the Governor will sign the law makng Illinois the 10th state to allow gay marriage.
Feel better?
VICTORY

Saint Louis, MO

#37771 Feb 18, 2013
Let's organize a VICTORY parade in Springfield.
We can all celebrate and show our TRUE colors.
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Address the issue? Okay:
Feel better?

Location hidden

#37772 Feb 18, 2013
Googly Bear wrote:
So What are you wearing to the parade( if anything )?
<quoted text>
The gay marriage victory parade? Can't say as I've planned that far.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#37773 Feb 18, 2013
Googly Bear wrote:
HA HA.
But you eventually will need to answer for this.
Your community is being painted with a broad brush on this
issue. Sorry, I don't mean to make you late for the next parade.
<quoted text>
1. have never been to a pride event.

2. you're being a drama queen.
Googly Bear

Saint Louis, MO

#37774 Feb 18, 2013
1. Why not?
2. I may be a cross dresser but do not consider myself a queen.
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
1. have never been to a pride event.
2. you're being a drama queen.
the fact king

Terre Haute, IN

#37776 Feb 18, 2013
great have a parade Ill call the gang and we all bring our white sheets

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#37778 Feb 18, 2013
squish wrote:
<quoted text>
Your citation is not the latest, and as for the rest: http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2012/10/30/1110...
Ever heard of open marriage? Not every marriage is about monogamy, and that's not illegal.
Sorry, I don't accept hissy fit gay twirl articles from a GLBT magazine. Please reference a serious source.

An 'open' marriage is no marriage at all.

Silly girl.

Smile.

Location hidden

#37779 Feb 18, 2013
squish wrote:
<quoted text>
What does free speech have to do with marriage?
If you read the context silly girl, you'd know the response was about the free expression of religion.

Smirk.

Location hidden

#37780 Feb 18, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you be opposed to gay and lesbian couples entering into legal, committed relationships?
I don't oppose that, they just are not marriage.

Marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

Smile.

Location hidden

#37781 Feb 18, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
You can say what you wish, as always.
But when you support the creation of laws that are designed only to discriminate against people you don't like, where there is no rational state interest interest in that discrimination, expect a fight.
And history has shown it is a fight you will lose.
Nothing to smirk about, there.
1. The laws of marriage are already present. You are the one attempting to create new laws.

2. Those laws were designed to protect the sole natural source of human fruit, and the best setting to nurture future members of our society (SCOTUS).

3. The government has no prevailing interest in supporting discriminatory friendships.

4. History has shown the opposite. No attempted rise of calling gay couples married has ever survived for any length of time. Anywhere. Ever.

Smile.
squish

Collinsville, IL

#37782 Feb 18, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, I don't accept hissy fit gay twirl articles from a GLBT magazine. Please reference a serious source.

An 'open' marriage is no marriage at all.

Silly girl.

Smile.
I like how you think I'm a girl, and I also am very interested to know that my marriage license is null and void just because you say so.

Location hidden

#37783 Feb 18, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
Each individual is free to conceptualize marriage for themselves, any way they choose.
But legally, marriage is a fundamental right of the individual.
The only eligibility requirement for fundamental rights is being human.
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
How can a word be rendered meaningless?
Isn't the purpose of all words to label something?
Now, if you are trying to say that something will render your own marriage meaningless, or your own concept of marriage meaningless, that sounds more like a personal problem.
You can't blame others for that sort of thing.
Did you read what he wrote??? What grade are you in???

If someone makes marriage anything they can conceptualize, what does it mean?

Smirk.

Location hidden

#37784 Feb 18, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
We've asked you before where your fruit and nut theory is codified into current marriage law.
You have not yet supplied any valid references.
Where did I ever say it was a theory?

Do you know the difference between a theory and an analogy???

What grade did you say you were in???

Snicker.

Location hidden

#37785 Feb 18, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no valid peer-reviewed study that shows any such thing, as you well know.
You need to explain, in detail, how allowing those lesbian couples to legally marry would make it worse for their children. How does having legally married parents make any child's life worse?
When talking about marriage and children here, we aren't talking about who is allowed to raise a child - that's already encoded in law and isn't going to change.
We are only discussing whether or not having legally married parents is beneficial or harmful to a child.
Make your case.
Valid stats only, please.
1. Your denial does not change the facts that a gay blogger made six charges against the Regnerus study. They were all addressed and dismissed.

2. There is no such thing as ss marriage. Marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior. Which brings us to the claim that they are parents;

3. A lesbian couple cannot procreate children, hence they are a defective desolate contradiction of the very goal of evolution.

4. According to the study, a lesbian couple can't be any worse than the worst for the children.

5. You have no authority or power to dictate the parameters of a discussion. What grade are you in???

Smile.

Location hidden

#37786 Feb 18, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Address the issue? Okay:
Feel better?
Don't feel any different.

1. IL politicians are notorious for doing stupid and illegal things.

2. There is no such thing as ss marriage. Marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior. Gay couples are a defective desolate contradiction to the primary goal of evolution. Ss marriage is an oxymoron.

Smile.

Location hidden

#37787 Feb 18, 2013
squish wrote:
<quoted text>
I like how you think I'm a girl, and I also am very interested to know that my marriage license is null and void just because you say so.
Neither your opinion or mine holds sway against reality.

So you think a piece of paper has greater power than reality?

You argue like a blonde.

Smile.

Location hidden

#37788 Feb 18, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't feel any different.
1. IL politicians are notorious for doing stupid and illegal things.
2. There is no such thing as ss marriage. Marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior. Gay couples are a defective desolate contradiction to the primary goal of evolution. Ss marriage is an oxymoron.
Smile.
You're that odd smirky/bazinga/think its clever to call yourself a lesbian trapped in a man's body thingy, right?

As we've discussed before, you should feel free to never respond to any of my posts.
squish

Collinsville, IL

#37789 Feb 18, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>Neither your opinion or mine holds sway against reality.

So you think a piece of paper has greater power than reality?

You argue like a blonde.

Smile.
The piece of paper that says I'm married IS reality.

You argue like a person who wants to sound like you have a large vocabulary but doesn't actually know how to use any of the words correctly; you frequently misuse words in the wrong tense and have essentially made yourself out to be a blathering idiot. You don't understand the nuances of the words you use and you don't understand the nuances of this issue. The fact of the matter is, there is no real argument against gay marriage except for a religious one, and while that is valid in an individual's personal life it has no place in legislation. Trying to create an intellectual opposition to gay marriage with 'evolutionary' strawmen and bullshit about children (which have NOTHING to do with marriage) is a waste of time. Bigotry is bigotry and I suspect gays are not the only group you are prejudiced against, and I'm sure you have all manner of unnecessarily verbose reasoning for that too. You should really take a step back and acknowledge your cisgender heterosexual privilege and grow the fuck up.

Since: Mar 07

Drakes Branch, VA

#37790 Feb 18, 2013
squish wrote:
<quoted text>
The piece of paper that says I'm married IS reality.
You argue like a person who wants to sound like you have a large vocabulary but doesn't actually know how to use any of the words correctly; you frequently misuse words in the wrong tense and have essentially made yourself out to be a blathering idiot. You don't understand the nuances of the words you use and you don't understand the nuances of this issue. The fact of the matter is, there is no real argument against gay marriage except for a religious one, and while that is valid in an individual's personal life it has no place in legislation. Trying to create an intellectual opposition to gay marriage with 'evolutionary' strawmen and bullshit about children (which have NOTHING to do with marriage) is a waste of time. Bigotry is bigotry and I suspect gays are not the only group you are prejudiced against, and I'm sure you have all manner of unnecessarily verbose reasoning for that too. You should really take a step back and acknowledge your cisgender heterosexual privilege and grow the fuck up.
Amen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min RealDave 1,155,558
Dear Abby 12-25 9 min PEllen 1
amy 12-25 11 min PEllen 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 55 min suspected Ferrerman 98,872
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Homo Erectus 49,309
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr scirocco 71,190
Incredible Shots Of Chicago From The Internatio... 1 hr reality is a crutch 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News