Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS2

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Comments
32,381 - 32,400 of 48,895 Comments Last updated 2 min ago

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Just the facts honey.
Marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
<quoted text>
I have no need to show anything you claim. I simply described the bare essence of marriage. It stands on it's own merits.
You only confirm the statement with your 'argument'.
Social scientists assert that marriage would not exist were it not for children. The motivation of mating behavior is simply but powerfully to spread DNA as far and wide as possible. It is why sexual activity often occurs outside marriage with only an unintended consequence of children.
The constraint of marriage is simply to restrain couples to care for their offspring.
I made no attempt to make mating behavior a point of law. That is silly. It is a simple fact that law ignores at it's own peril.
I do commend you for being one of the first on these threads to even attempt a response.
Smile.
fact...

Your opinions/beliefs have no bearing on the thousands of SSM's that already exist.

In spite of your verbal ejaculations, you're still powerless to do anything other than spout opinions. In other words, they're no less legally married.

All this wasted effort. What does a girl have to do to get a tube of Vagisil?????

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a logical reasoned answer to this;
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I do.
It's illogical and has no place in basis marriage law.
That's really all that can be said for it.
Apparently you recognized the silliness of your first response and now are trying the denial track.

To try to legally equate two different relationships, you must show that they are essentially the same.

At it's most basic essence, marriage is distinguished from friendships because it is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior. In other words, it unites a couple and provides the best setting for their children.

The importance of this identity has already been recognized by SCOTUS numerous times as an essential relationship for the survival of society.

Out of all types of friendships, gay couples are the least qualified for the relationship of marriage. They are a direct contradiction to the fundamental goal of mating behavior. Literally 'unmarriage'.

You were saying...

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

Do I need to explain to you how this analogy works?
When you need to explain the analogy, it isn't working.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay couples do not just fail in the primary essence of marriage, out of all relationships, they are the oxymoron of marriage.
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly.
Gay people have ALL of the same reasons to marry that everyone else has, and their families and children benefit in all of the same ways.
If you believe otherwise, PROVE it.
Inventing silly catch-phrases is not the same thing as proof.
I invented nothing.

I simply stated the bare essence of marriage in clear and established scientific facts.

That includes the scientific absolute that gay couples cannot procreate. A clear distinction from the core essence of marriage.

The proof is already stated, and you have no argument against it.

Smile.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Just the facts honey.
<quoted text>
I have no need to show anything you claim......
Smile.
Actually, you do.

You created a phrase, and seem to think that repeating it is enough.

It's not.

If you want to argue that same sex marriages should not be legal, then you really do need prove why.

And you can't.

All the smirking and inappropriate smiling in the world won't make you appear sane, unless you CAN prove that there is some rational reason behind your opinions.

You make them. Now, back them up.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you do.
It's not.
If you want to argue that same sex marriages should not be legal, then you really do need prove why.
And you can't.
All the smirking and inappropriate smiling in the world won't make you appear sane, unless you CAN prove that there is some rational reason behind your opinions.
He's never been able to state a case against SSM, or even how/why SSM would affect him at all.

Which is why, when I look up from between his legs, I just see a troll.

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I simply stated the bare essence of marriage in clear and established scientific facts.
You haven't mentioned a single fact, and you know it. That's why your sanity is in question.

You repeat a meaningless phrase, but no substance. That's not rational.

Neither is the silly "smile" stuff.

It's what you do when you know you don't have anything better, but it doesn't prove you wise, just arrogant and out of touch with what;s going on around you.

I do feel sorry for you. Most of us do. It must be hard to live in a sad little world of your own creation, reaching out for help and attention, but not knowing how to receive it.

Someday, perhaps you will learn to function more successfully in life, and with other people. I hope so.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you do.
It's not.
And you can't.
Actually, I went ahead and did explain why. Just for you.

But for some reason you deleted the rest of the post...

Here it is;

Just the facts honey.

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
We know that you think yourself clever for having thought up this thing, but, so far, you have been unable to point out its basis in any marriage law.
You have been unable to show there sex is prohibited outside of your "constraint" of mating behavior in maqrriage, and you can't prove that any such constraints within marriage are not the sole discretion of any married couple.
And, since not all sexual behavior (or even most) is doing to do a darn thing to support the survival of the species, I think your reliance on evolutionary mating behaviors as a point of law is rather silly.
Care to try again? Using logic, please.

I have no need to show anything you claim. I simply described the bare essence of marriage. It stands on it's own merits.

You only confirm the statement with your 'argument'.

Social scientists assert that marriage would not exist were it not for children. The motivation of mating behavior is simply but powerfully to spread DNA as far and wide as possible. It is why sexual activity often occurs outside marriage with only an unintended consequence of children.

The constraint of marriage is simply to restrain couples to care for their offspring.

I made no attempt to make mating behavior a point of law. That is silly. It is a simple fact that law ignores at it's own peril.

I do commend you for being one of the first on these threads to even attempt a response.

Smile.

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
At it's most basic essence, marriage is distinguished from friendships because it is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior. In other words, it unites a couple and provides the best setting for their children.
OMG, you are like a parrot. In so many ways.

Yes, gay folks understand the difference between friendships and marriages, though one is best based on the other.

And yes, it unites gay couples in the same way, and provides the best setting for THEIR children.

Thanks for noticing.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't mentioned a single fact, and you know it. That's why your sanity is in question.
You repeat a meaningless phrase, but no substance. That's not rational.
Neither is the silly "smile" stuff.
It's what you do when you know you don't have anything better, but it doesn't prove you wise, just arrogant and out of touch with what;s going on around you.
I do feel sorry for you. Most of us do. It must be hard to live in a sad little world of your own creation, reaching out for help and attention, but not knowing how to receive it.
Someday, perhaps you will learn to function more successfully in life, and with other people. I hope so.
Saying something is meaningless without detailing why is an opinion.

The truth is, you have no logical response to the simple unadulterated truth. That is why it bothers you so much...

Be specific, what don't you understand (smile);

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG, you are like a parrot. In so many ways.
Yes, gay folks understand the difference between friendships and marriages, though one is best based on the other.
And yes, it unites gay couples in the same way, and provides the best setting for THEIR children.
Thanks for noticing.
There is no 'their children' in gay couples.

It is the worst setting for children according to the latest, largest and most scientific setting to date.

Smile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

latest, largest and most scientific STUDY to date.

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it, then we'll talk.

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Saying something is meaningless without detailing why is an opinion.
The truth is, you have no logical response to the simple unadulterated truth. That is why it bothers you so much...
No truth in it. Here's the simple truth:

Marriage is different in every culture.
Mating behavior is different in every culture.
Mating behavior happens outside of marriage as much as inside it.
Marriage law does not enforce certain mating behavior within marriage - such things are decided by the individuals who participate.
Evolution happens without marriage.
Procreation happens without marriage.
Marriage happens without procreation.
Same sex couples who marry can and do procreate.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it, then we'll talk.
Giving up already???

SMile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
No truth in it. Here's the simple truth:
Marriage is different in every culture.
Mating behavior is different in every culture.
Mating behavior happens outside of marriage as much as inside it.
Marriage law does not enforce certain mating behavior within marriage - such things are decided by the individuals who participate.
Evolution happens without marriage.
Procreation happens without marriage.
Marriage happens without procreation.
Same sex couples who marry can and do procreate.
Now you are losing it...

Snicker.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Each individual is free to conceptualize marriage for themselves, any way they choose.

But legally, marriage is a fundamental right of the individual.

The only eligibility requirement for fundamental rights is being human.

Reasonable restrictions may be made only when a compelling and legitimate governmental interest can withstand judicial scrutiny. Most can agree with the courts that reasonable restrictions include age, ability to demonstrate informed consent, and not being closely related or currently married. Within those limits, gay people qualify.

While churches may place any restrictions they choose on their own ceremonies, the government can only restrict fundamental rights when a compelling and legitimate justification can be demonstrated.

Procreation ability has never been a requirement for marriage, and therefore fails as a legitimate qualification. Yet even that irrational excuse for discrimination ignores the fact that gay people can and do reproduce, and are raising children either biologically related or adopted. Denial of equal treatment under the law provides nothing to opposite sex couple families. It only harms same sex couple families needlessly.

Gay couples are seeking equally under the laws in effect, in the remaining states that do not yet recognize their marriages, and by the federal government.

Neither tradition nor gender provides a legitimate governmental interest sufficient for denial of this fundamental right.

As Justice Kennedy wrote about the founding fathers: "They knew times can blind us to certain truths and later generations can see that laws once thought necessary and proper in fact serve only to oppress."

Laws that treat gay people less than equal to straight people are laws that only serve to oppress. It is time to overcome the prejudices we were taught as children and stop harming our neighbors and family members by passing laws that dehumanize and harm gay citizens through denial of the legal equality promised in the founding documents and required by the 5th and 14th amendments to the constitution..
Some Never Came Home

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you are losing it...
Snicker.
Meanwhile back at the ranch, In Valentine vote,Illinois Senate "APPROVES" Gay marriage! So you see Mr./Mrs./Ms. Mangina equality marches on! And there is simply nothing you can do to stop it! It's the right thing to do and the Constitutional thing to do! Your existence is "Moot"! Move along now little "IT"!
squish

Collinsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

Giving up already???

SMile.
The sentence you keep parroting makes no sense. Constraint on evolutionary mating behavior? Marriage constrains nothing, married people can and do mate with others.

Care to cite some UNBIASED studies that say gay marriages are bad environments in which to raise children?
just facts

West Union, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Saluki Rod wrote:
I wonder how long it'll take the Neo-Nazi Far Right Christians to mobilize against this? It's just letting gays be married, what's the big freaking deal? I'm straight, and see no harm to society.
one nation under God that is America. Many folks put God first a and for those that do not that is their choice. However there are consequences to choices we make.
We Christians do tolerate all other choices however we are standing against being forced to approve, promote and otherwise advocate the choices they choose.----We are hated for our stand but that is okay. Stand with God's word we will till Jesus comes.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info