Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS2

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Comments
32,261 - 32,280 of 48,894 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
durka

Saint Peters, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Fishpock wrote:
<quoted text>
How is it abusive? Explain.
Queer means twisted. Not straight. Not true. Not on the right path. What will the queers think of next to "deviate" from right to wrong?
YouAreWrong

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

durka wrote:
<quoted text>
Queer means twisted. Not straight. Not true. Not on the right path. What will the queers think of next to "deviate" from right to wrong?
I love how you completly fail to answer the question of how that's abusive. Bullshit or not none of that equals abuse.
Some Never Came Home

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

durka wrote:
<quoted text>
What a bone head says! Hey,how about you worry about your own twisted ways you whack job!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
STILL no logical counter to this fact;
At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
Gay couples are the picture of defective failure. Mating behavior gone abusive with NOTHING to show for it.
A fruit tree bearing fruit.
A fruit tree not bearing fruit for some reason.
A nut tree who never bears fruit wanting to be a fruit tree.
A nut tree hanging fruit on it's branches pretending to be a fruit tree.
Even funnier?
The claim that if the government doesn't 'require' fruit trees to bear fruit, then it is discrimination not to call nut trees fruit trees too!
Hilarious!!!
<quoted text>
Are you a blonde? "It is not logical to counter a wrong assertion with logic?"
I'd suggest you have no counter because it is perfectly logical. Simply in it's analogy and indisputable...
Humor me and try.
By the way, I gave no statistics or studies.
Smirk.
TXgurl wrote:
<quoted text>
STILL no valid reason why you think you should dictate how others live their lives... I guess it is because you don't have one of your own.
I'm dictating nothing. Simply made an analogy that destroyed an attempt to dictate reality.

It is also clear you freed your mind and lost it.

All you have is Texas big blonde...

Smirk.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like legislating against murder and robbery?
You really are blonde, aren't you.
Smirk.
Fishpock wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you capable of making a single comment without being a condescending little prick? Is there something wrong with making a strong argument and letting it stand for itself, debating like an adult? Why do you try so hard to push buttons and piss people off?
'Not legislating morality' is hardly a 'strong argument'.

It fully deserved the castigation and mocking I delivered.

You forget, I hold no malice against any person. I am a redeemed cynic who remains barbarian. I sink the knife of reality to the hilt into the belly of denial and twist it with a smirk. I kick at darkness until it bleeds light.

Did you say 'ouch'?

Snicker.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
Gay couples are the picture of defective failure. Mating behavior gone abusive with NOTHING to show for it.
An fruit tree bearing fruit.
An fruit tree not bearing fruit for some reason.
An nut tree who never bears fruit wanting to be a fruit tree.
An nut tree hanging fruit on it's branches pretending to be a fruit tree.
Even funnier?
The claim that if the government doesn't 'require' fruit trees to bear fruit, then it is discrimination not to call nut trees fruit trees too!
Hilarious!!!
Snicker.
YouAreWrong wrote:
<quoted text>
Your analogy doesn't even make sense you fool.
Please, explain why.

Can't wait to hear your explanation...

Smirk.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

YouAreWrong wrote:
<quoted text>
I love how you completly fail to answer the question of how that's abusive. Bullshit or not none of that equals abuse.
I love how you completly fail to answer the question of how the analogy doesn't make sense.

Snicker.
just a guy

Cedar Falls, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

SOnotBornThatWay wrote:
"As I live, says the Lord GOD, your sister Sodom and her daughters have not done as you and your daughters have done. Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride, surfeit of food, and prosperous ease, but did not aid the poor and needy. They were haughty, and did abominable things before me; therefore I removed them, when I saw it." (Ezekiel 16:48-50)
"In this figurative passage the Lord likens Jerusalem in her apostasy to a grossly unfaithful wife. Jerusalem's spiritual adultery was more serious, in comparison, than the sins of "her sister Sodom." While God was unhappy at Sodom's love of pleasure and lack of concern for the poor, she also "did abominable things" before God. This passage shows us that sin becomes more serious in proportion to the light that is rejected, and that spiritual sins are indeed more grievous than sins of the body. However, the sexual activities of the men who lived in Sodom were still "abominable" in the eyes of God. Jude and Peter in the New Testament confirm that these cities of the Dead Sea plain were in fact destroyed because of their homosexual immoralities, not merely because they failed to show proper hospitality towards strangers." http://ldolphin.org/Homo.shtml
And then after that, Lot got drunk with the aid of his daughters and they had a threesome with their dad. What's immoral about that? Sounds better than being gay.
Smoke Fan

Olney, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Two old lesbians were doing it on a park bench.

One lesbian says to the other, "Take your glasses off, you're scratching my leg."

The other one says,"Put your glasses back on, you're licking the bench!"

“Free your mind”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
Even funnier?
Hilarious!!!
<quoted text>
Are you a blonde? "It is not logical to counter a wrong assertion with logic?"
I'd suggest you have no counter because it is perfectly logical. Simply in it's analogy and indisputable...
Humor me and try.
By the way, I gave no statistics or studies.
Smirk.
<quoted text>
I'm dictating nothing. Simply made an analogy that destroyed an attempt to dictate reality.
It is also clear you freed your mind and lost it.
All you have is Texas big blonde...
Smirk.
You ARE dictating how you think others should live. Think about it this way, how would you feel if a group of people came to you and said "You have to divorce your wife, because we think it is bad that you are married to her. You can live with her, but don't you DARE even think about marrying her, because we think that your marriage is a sham." Do they have the right to tell you who you can be married to? No, they don't... just like you don't have the right to tell any other adult in this country who they can be married to.

You are against what is different, but you are different... aren't you a hermaphrodite? Being both man and woman, using your own views you shouldn't be able to be married to a woman or a man since you have both in you. If you marry a woman, you have essentially made a lesbian marriage. If you marry a man you have also made a same sex marriage. So, Mr/Mrs Kimare... by your own thought process YOU should not be allowed to have a legal marriage because it is a sham. I am pretty sure hermaphrodites used to be judged as freaks of nature in the past and put into circus side shows. Maybe we should stick with that tradition since traditions seem so important to you?

It also seems you have a prejudice against blondes... You are just a person full of hate and bigotry. Just that you know, though, I am not a blonde, and even if I was it would have no bearing on my IQ.
Just Saying

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Another hater.
TXgurl wrote:
<quoted text>
You ARE dictating how you think others should live. Think about it this way, how would you feel if a group of people came to you and said "You have to divorce your wife, because we think it is bad that you are married to her. You can live with her, but don't you DARE even think about marrying her, because we think that your marriage is a sham." Do they have the right to tell you who you can be married to? No, they don't... just like you don't have the right to tell any other adult in this country who they can be married to.
You are against what is different, but you are different... aren't you a hermaphrodite? Being both man and woman, using your own views you shouldn't be able to be married to a woman or a man since you have both in you. If you marry a woman, you have essentially made a lesbian marriage. If you marry a man you have also made a same sex marriage. So, Mr/Mrs Kimare... by your own thought process YOU should not be allowed to have a legal marriage because it is a sham. I am pretty sure hermaphrodites used to be judged as freaks of nature in the past and put into circus side shows. Maybe we should stick with that tradition since traditions seem so important to you?
It also seems you have a prejudice against blondes... You are just a person full of hate and bigotry. Just that you know, though, I am not a blonde, and even if I was it would have no bearing on my IQ.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
Even funnier?
Hilarious!!!
TXgurl wrote:
<quoted text>
My post is dictating nothing! It is an analogy that destroys a stupid assertion that unless the government requires childbirth, anyone should be able to marry!

The analogy explains why the gay twirl is stupid. Your comparison gives no explanation or equates in any way.

I have no problem with things that are different. IN FACT THAT IS MY POINT!!! Gay couples ARE different from marriage. Live with it! Have the pride to distinguish your relationships as unique.

Moreover, I am a perfect example of not just being prideful of being a genetic chimera and hermaphrodite, I THRIVE on it!

If I am guilty of bias, you are right, it is clearly with blondes. Unless you see it as a tongue in the cheek dig at people who don't think about what they are saying.

Hence, your post is another example of a big Texas blonde!

Smile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:

Even funnier?

Hilarious!!!

There still has not been one single counter to the above analogy!

Whats up girls? Everyone go gay blonde???

Snicker.

“Free your mind”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
Even funnier?
Hilarious!!!
<quoted text>
My post is dictating nothing! It is an analogy that destroys a stupid assertion that unless the government requires childbirth, anyone should be able to marry!
The analogy explains why the gay twirl is stupid. Your comparison gives no explanation or equates in any way.
I have no problem with things that are different. IN FACT THAT IS MY POINT!!! Gay couples ARE different from marriage. Live with it! Have the pride to distinguish your relationships as unique.
Moreover, I am a perfect example of not just being prideful of being a genetic chimera and hermaphrodite, I THRIVE on it!
If I am guilty of bias, you are right, it is clearly with blondes. Unless you see it as a tongue in the cheek dig at people who don't think about what they are saying.
Hence, your post is another example of a big Texas blonde!
Smile.
Why do you care???? Why does it bother you so much??? Other people's lives are no concern of yours. Let people live and be happy. As long as it is consenting adults then what is the problem? My gf is my mate. I love her and always want to be with her. If we live our lives together as a married straight couple does, then why not call it a marriage? The only difference is that we are gay. The love is the same. You may not like the idea, but that is the wonderful thing about America... we are all supposed to have life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. My happiness would be to have my relationship with my gf be as valid as any other relationship... Instead, I have people like you saying my relationship is "imposter". Well, I will tell you this, my love is not fake, it is not imposter, it is as true and valid as that of a straight couple and I have EVERY right to be married to her, just as you have the right to be married to your wife.
it over

Homer Glen, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

When will it end? Bring it.... Really..
Everything is ok now.
Dont offend.
Dont Judge.
The wheres my check? generation.
Why am I not a Movie Star?
Hey let em all in this country.
Hell raise minimum wage to $20 per hour!
The Obama is cool generation. So vote for him.
So much to say....Im tired, so tired....of this.
This, what weve become.
Anyways wheres my horse I wanna marry him, so nobody better say anything......

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:

The analogy ........is stupid.
Smile.
The analogy is nutty and fruity, in a schizophrenic sort of way.

I'm your vagina and I approve this message.
YouAreWrong

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like legislating against murder and robbery?
You really are blonde, aren't you.
Smirk.
<quoted text>
'Not legislating morality' is hardly a 'strong argument'.
It fully deserved the castigation and mocking I delivered.
You forget, I hold no malice against any person. I am a redeemed cynic who remains barbarian. I sink the knife of reality to the hilt into the belly of denial and twist it with a smirk. I kick at darkness until it bleeds light.
Did you say 'ouch'?
Snicker.
Keep making up excuses for acting like a piece of shit. It's your life not mine, just pointing out facts.
YouAreWrong

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Even funnier?
Hilarious!!!
Snicker.
<quoted text>
Please, explain why.
Can't wait to hear your explanation...
Smirk.
Marriage and children are two seperate issues, no matter what you think. I'm sorry you're so stupid.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

TXgurl wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you care???? Why does it bother you so much??? Other people's lives are no concern of yours. Let people live and be happy. As long as it is consenting adults then what is the problem? My gf is my mate. I love her and always want to be with her. If we live our lives together as a married straight couple does, then why not call it a marriage? The only difference is that we are gay. The love is the same. You may not like the idea, but that is the wonderful thing about America... we are all supposed to have life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. My happiness would be to have my relationship with my gf be as valid as any other relationship... Instead, I have people like you saying my relationship is "imposter". Well, I will tell you this, my love is not fake, it is not imposter, it is as true and valid as that of a straight couple and I have EVERY right to be married to her, just as you have the right to be married to your wife.
I care because denial hurts everybody.

Moreover we are talking about the most essential relationships of humanity, marriage and family.

The only thing you have is a friendship. Numerous relationships qualify.

Happy Valentines!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

YouAreWrong wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep making up excuses for acting like a piece of shit. It's your life not mine, just pointing out facts.
Hardly honey, I'm the one pointing out facts, you are in serious denial.

You can't even explain a simple analogy.

Smile.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 18 min Brian_G 45,781
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Uzi 67,930
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Tinka 1,079,668
Presidential library planned for Chicago Chicag... 3 hr joey 3
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr Milsack 174,600
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 5 hr TW_sugar_daddio 10
Amy 7-24 6 hr loose cannon 19
Abby 7-24 6 hr Pippa 42
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 hr Mister Tonka 97,524
•••
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs