Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52086 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

“Free your mind”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#37602 Feb 13, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
STILL no logical counter to this fact;
At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
Gay couples are the picture of defective failure. Mating behavior gone abusive with NOTHING to show for it.
STILL no logical counter to this fact;
A fruit tree bearing fruit.
A fruit tree not bearing fruit for some reason.
A nut tree who never bears fruit wanting to be a fruit tree.
A nut tree hanging fruit on it's branches pretending to be a fruit tree.
Even funnier?
The claim that if the government doesn't 'require' fruit trees to bear fruit, then it is discrimination not to call nut trees fruit trees too!
Hilarious!!!
<quoted text>
Are you a blonde? "It is not logical to counter a wrong assertion with logic?"
I'd suggest you have no counter because it is perfectly logical. Simply in it's analogy and indisputable...
Humor me and try.
By the way, I gave no statistics or studies.
Smirk.
<quoted text>
I'm dictating nothing. Simply made an analogy that destroyed an attempt to dictate reality.
It is also clear you freed your mind and lost it.
All you have is Texas big blonde...
Smirk.
You ARE dictating how you think others should live. Think about it this way, how would you feel if a group of people came to you and said "You have to divorce your wife, because we think it is bad that you are married to her. You can live with her, but don't you DARE even think about marrying her, because we think that your marriage is a sham." Do they have the right to tell you who you can be married to? No, they don't... just like you don't have the right to tell any other adult in this country who they can be married to.

You are against what is different, but you are different... aren't you a hermaphrodite? Being both man and woman, using your own views you shouldn't be able to be married to a woman or a man since you have both in you. If you marry a woman, you have essentially made a lesbian marriage. If you marry a man you have also made a same sex marriage. So, Mr/Mrs Kimare... by your own thought process YOU should not be allowed to have a legal marriage because it is a sham. I am pretty sure hermaphrodites used to be judged as freaks of nature in the past and put into circus side shows. Maybe we should stick with that tradition since traditions seem so important to you?

It also seems you have a prejudice against blondes... You are just a person full of hate and bigotry. Just that you know, though, I am not a blonde, and even if I was it would have no bearing on my IQ.
Just Saying

Waterloo, IL

#37604 Feb 13, 2013
Another hater.
TXgurl wrote:
<quoted text>
You ARE dictating how you think others should live. Think about it this way, how would you feel if a group of people came to you and said "You have to divorce your wife, because we think it is bad that you are married to her. You can live with her, but don't you DARE even think about marrying her, because we think that your marriage is a sham." Do they have the right to tell you who you can be married to? No, they don't... just like you don't have the right to tell any other adult in this country who they can be married to.
You are against what is different, but you are different... aren't you a hermaphrodite? Being both man and woman, using your own views you shouldn't be able to be married to a woman or a man since you have both in you. If you marry a woman, you have essentially made a lesbian marriage. If you marry a man you have also made a same sex marriage. So, Mr/Mrs Kimare... by your own thought process YOU should not be allowed to have a legal marriage because it is a sham. I am pretty sure hermaphrodites used to be judged as freaks of nature in the past and put into circus side shows. Maybe we should stick with that tradition since traditions seem so important to you?
It also seems you have a prejudice against blondes... You are just a person full of hate and bigotry. Just that you know, though, I am not a blonde, and even if I was it would have no bearing on my IQ.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#37605 Feb 13, 2013
KiMare wrote:
STILL no logical counter to this fact;
At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
Gay couples are the picture of defective failure. Mating behavior gone abusive with NOTHING to show for it.
STILL no logical counter to this fact;
A fruit tree bearing fruit.
A fruit tree not bearing fruit for some reason.
A nut tree who never bears fruit wanting to be a fruit tree.
A nut tree hanging fruit on it's branches pretending to be a fruit tree.
Even funnier?
The claim that if the government doesn't 'require' fruit trees to bear fruit, then it is discrimination not to call nut trees fruit trees too!
Hilarious!!!
TXgurl wrote:
<quoted text>
You ARE dictating how you think others should live. Think about it this way, how would you feel if a group of people came to you and said "You have to divorce your wife, because we think it is bad that you are married to her. You can live with her, but don't you DARE even think about marrying her, because we think that your marriage is a sham." Do they have the right to tell you who you can be married to? No, they don't... just like you don't have the right to tell any other adult in this country who they can be married to.
You are against what is different, but you are different... aren't you a hermaphrodite? Being both man and woman, using your own views you shouldn't be able to be married to a woman or a man since you have both in you. If you marry a woman, you have essentially made a lesbian marriage. If you marry a man you have also made a same sex marriage. So, Mr/Mrs Kimare... by your own thought process YOU should not be allowed to have a legal marriage because it is a sham. I am pretty sure hermaphrodites used to be judged as freaks of nature in the past and put into circus side shows. Maybe we should stick with that tradition since traditions seem so important to you?
It also seems you have a prejudice against blondes... You are just a person full of hate and bigotry. Just that you know, though, I am not a blonde, and even if I was it would have no bearing on my IQ.
My post is dictating nothing! It is an analogy that destroys a stupid assertion that unless the government requires childbirth, anyone should be able to marry!

The analogy explains why the gay twirl is stupid. Your comparison gives no explanation or equates in any way.

I have no problem with things that are different. IN FACT THAT IS MY POINT!!! Gay couples ARE different from marriage. Live with it! Have the pride to distinguish your relationships as unique.

Moreover, I am a perfect example of not just being prideful of being a genetic chimera and hermaphrodite, I THRIVE on it!

If I am guilty of bias, you are right, it is clearly with blondes. Unless you see it as a tongue in the cheek dig at people who don't think about what they are saying.

Hence, your post is another example of a big Texas blonde!

Smile.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#37606 Feb 13, 2013
KiMare wrote:
At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

Gay couples are the picture of defective failure. Mating behavior gone abusive with NOTHING to show for it.

An fruit tree bearing fruit.
An fruit tree not bearing fruit for some reason.
An nut tree who never bears fruit wanting to be a fruit tree.
An nut tree hanging fruit on it's branches pretending to be a fruit tree.

Even funnier?

The claim that if the government doesn't 'require' fruit trees to bear fruit, then it is discrimination not to call nut trees fruit trees too!

Hilarious!!!

There still has not been one single counter to the above analogy!

Whats up girls? Everyone go gay blonde???

Snicker.

“Free your mind”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#37607 Feb 13, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
STILL no logical counter to this fact;
At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
Gay couples are the picture of defective failure. Mating behavior gone abusive with NOTHING to show for it.
STILL no logical counter to this fact;
A fruit tree bearing fruit.
A fruit tree not bearing fruit for some reason.
A nut tree who never bears fruit wanting to be a fruit tree.
A nut tree hanging fruit on it's branches pretending to be a fruit tree.
Even funnier?
The claim that if the government doesn't 'require' fruit trees to bear fruit, then it is discrimination not to call nut trees fruit trees too!
Hilarious!!!
<quoted text>
My post is dictating nothing! It is an analogy that destroys a stupid assertion that unless the government requires childbirth, anyone should be able to marry!
The analogy explains why the gay twirl is stupid. Your comparison gives no explanation or equates in any way.
I have no problem with things that are different. IN FACT THAT IS MY POINT!!! Gay couples ARE different from marriage. Live with it! Have the pride to distinguish your relationships as unique.
Moreover, I am a perfect example of not just being prideful of being a genetic chimera and hermaphrodite, I THRIVE on it!
If I am guilty of bias, you are right, it is clearly with blondes. Unless you see it as a tongue in the cheek dig at people who don't think about what they are saying.
Hence, your post is another example of a big Texas blonde!
Smile.
Why do you care???? Why does it bother you so much??? Other people's lives are no concern of yours. Let people live and be happy. As long as it is consenting adults then what is the problem? My gf is my mate. I love her and always want to be with her. If we live our lives together as a married straight couple does, then why not call it a marriage? The only difference is that we are gay. The love is the same. You may not like the idea, but that is the wonderful thing about America... we are all supposed to have life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. My happiness would be to have my relationship with my gf be as valid as any other relationship... Instead, I have people like you saying my relationship is "imposter". Well, I will tell you this, my love is not fake, it is not imposter, it is as true and valid as that of a straight couple and I have EVERY right to be married to her, just as you have the right to be married to your wife.
it over

Lemont, IL

#37608 Feb 13, 2013
When will it end? Bring it.... Really..
Everything is ok now.
Dont offend.
Dont Judge.
The wheres my check? generation.
Why am I not a Movie Star?
Hey let em all in this country.
Hell raise minimum wage to $20 per hour!
The Obama is cool generation. So vote for him.
So much to say....Im tired, so tired....of this.
This, what weve become.
Anyways wheres my horse I wanna marry him, so nobody better say anything......

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#37609 Feb 13, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:

The analogy ........is stupid.
Smile.
The analogy is nutty and fruity, in a schizophrenic sort of way.

I'm your vagina and I approve this message.
YouAreWrong

San Jose, CA

#37610 Feb 14, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like legislating against murder and robbery?
You really are blonde, aren't you.
Smirk.
<quoted text>
'Not legislating morality' is hardly a 'strong argument'.
It fully deserved the castigation and mocking I delivered.
You forget, I hold no malice against any person. I am a redeemed cynic who remains barbarian. I sink the knife of reality to the hilt into the belly of denial and twist it with a smirk. I kick at darkness until it bleeds light.
Did you say 'ouch'?
Snicker.
Keep making up excuses for acting like a piece of shit. It's your life not mine, just pointing out facts.
YouAreWrong

San Jose, CA

#37611 Feb 14, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
Gay couples are the picture of defective failure. Mating behavior gone abusive with NOTHING to show for it.
STILL no logical counter to this fact;
An fruit tree bearing fruit.
An fruit tree not bearing fruit for some reason.
An nut tree who never bears fruit wanting to be a fruit tree.
An nut tree hanging fruit on it's branches pretending to be a fruit tree.
Even funnier?
The claim that if the government doesn't 'require' fruit trees to bear fruit, then it is discrimination not to call nut trees fruit trees too!
Hilarious!!!
Snicker.
<quoted text>
Please, explain why.
Can't wait to hear your explanation...
Smirk.
Marriage and children are two seperate issues, no matter what you think. I'm sorry you're so stupid.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#37612 Feb 14, 2013
TXgurl wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you care???? Why does it bother you so much??? Other people's lives are no concern of yours. Let people live and be happy. As long as it is consenting adults then what is the problem? My gf is my mate. I love her and always want to be with her. If we live our lives together as a married straight couple does, then why not call it a marriage? The only difference is that we are gay. The love is the same. You may not like the idea, but that is the wonderful thing about America... we are all supposed to have life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. My happiness would be to have my relationship with my gf be as valid as any other relationship... Instead, I have people like you saying my relationship is "imposter". Well, I will tell you this, my love is not fake, it is not imposter, it is as true and valid as that of a straight couple and I have EVERY right to be married to her, just as you have the right to be married to your wife.
I care because denial hurts everybody.

Moreover we are talking about the most essential relationships of humanity, marriage and family.

The only thing you have is a friendship. Numerous relationships qualify.

Happy Valentines!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#37613 Feb 14, 2013
YouAreWrong wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep making up excuses for acting like a piece of shit. It's your life not mine, just pointing out facts.
Hardly honey, I'm the one pointing out facts, you are in serious denial.

You can't even explain a simple analogy.

Smile.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#37614 Feb 14, 2013
YouAreWrong wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage and children are two seperate issues, no matter what you think. I'm sorry you're so stupid.
It is clear I am the only one thinking here, but thanks for your 'opinion'.
Smirk.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#37615 Feb 14, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly honey, I'm the one pointing out facts, you are in serious denial.
You can't even explain a simple analogy.
Smile.
Why are you still asking others to explain your failed analogy? If it makes no sense to you, how the hell should we be able to grapple with it?

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#37616 Feb 14, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly honey, I'm the one pointing out facts, you are in serious denial.
You can't even explain a simple analogy.
Smile.
It's already flawed for trying to combine homosexual marriage and having children as a single issue when it is not. If you cannot even understand why these are separate issues why would I waste my time trying to pick apart your stupid analogy, which is just you repeating the same points again and again only using different words this time and fails to make any points whatsoever.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#37617 Feb 14, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I care because denial hurts everybody.
Moreover we are talking about the most essential relationships of humanity, marriage and family.
The only thing you have is a friendship. Numerous relationships qualify.
Happy Valentines!
Funny, most of my friendships don't come with making out, sex, and "where is this heading" serious talks.

I am certainly most curious how this "denial" is hurting you specifically, don't be afraid to leave out all the painful details of what you must surely suffer through daily.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#37618 Feb 14, 2013
Rageoholic wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny, most of my friendships don't come with making out, sex, and "where is this heading" serious talks.
I am certainly most curious how this "denial" is hurting you specifically, don't be afraid to leave out all the painful details of what you must surely suffer through daily.
OOh, careful! You might be hitting a little too close to home regarding s-s relationships and denial....

My Kimare does have issues, if you know what I'm saying.
hey you

Saint Louis, MO

#37619 Feb 14, 2013
Is today the day?

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#37620 Feb 14, 2013
hey you wrote:
Is today the day?
Today is always the day.
But today, in particular, should be the day.
Are you going to make today "the day"?

I'm Kimare's inner lesbian and I approve this message.
hey you

Saint Louis, MO

#37621 Feb 14, 2013
today could be the day for Illinois.
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Today is always the day.
But today, in particular, should be the day.
Are you going to make today "the day"?
I'm Kimare's inner lesbian and I approve this message.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#37622 Feb 14, 2013
While procreation has never been a requirement for marriage, even that irrational excuse ignores the fact that gay people can and do reproduce, and are raising children either biologically related or adopted. Denial of equal treatment under the law provides nothing to opposite sex couple families. It only harms same sex couple families needlessly.

Marriage is a fundamental right of the individual. The only eligibility requirement is being human. Reasonable restrictions include age, ability to demonstrate informed consent, and not being closely related or currently married. Gay people qualify.

Gay people are asking to be treated equally under the laws in the remaining states that do not yet recognize their marriages, and by the federal government.

The desire to discriminate on the bases of gender provides no legitimate governmental interest sufficient for denial of this fundamental right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min CHARON 1,277,286
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 min PEllen 100,655
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 14 min Rogue Scholar 05 196,978
Ask amy 9-2-15 30 min Mrs Gladys Kravitz 6
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 32 min SpaceBlues 54,556
2000 Chevy astro dies after I take off on a com... 1 hr AAvila 1
129Steps- Steps to a brighter future 1 hr 129Steps 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages