Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 Full story: CBS2 50,623

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Full Story
mahz

Trenton, IL

#36677 Jan 2, 2013
Southern Lady01 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is just stupid. No one can say what is going to happen in 20 years, except God. Like I said you don't know the young people I know. I don't know of any of them who support this junk,
So God can see into the future?

If God can see into the future then everything must be pre-determined. If not, how can he see something that is not yet set in stone.

If he can see into the future then it means mankind has no free will. If everything is pre-determined and God already knows what you are going to do 20 years from now, then you have no choice in the matter. It is already set.

So either God cannot see into the future, or mankind has no free will. Logically there is no other way this can be looked at.

So which is it? Can God see the future, meaning man has no free will and therefore is incapable of sin? OR is God not all powerful and he cannot see into the future?

Sorry, honey, but anyone with half a brain can look at the past and current demographic trends and see where we will be in 20 years. You are just in denial about the fact your belief system has faded from prominence and is going the way of the dodo. Like thousands of religions before it.
mahz

Trenton, IL

#36678 Jan 2, 2013
Southern Lady01 wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot. They had no trouble killing the people on 9/11. Didn't care about gender or age. Get over yourself.
So it's OK to do wrong if wrong has been done to you?

Where can I find that in my Bible?

WWJB? Who Would Jesus Bomb?
mahz

Trenton, IL

#36679 Jan 2, 2013
Southern Lady01 wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot. They had no trouble killing the people on 9/11. Didn't care about gender or age. Get over yourself.
We'll show them how wrong it is to kill innocents. We'll kill their women and children!

You are so twisted up in that little head of yours it isn't even funny. A hateful, angry Christian lashing out at the world.

Does Jesus call people idiots too?
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#36680 Jan 2, 2013
Southern Lady01 wrote:
<quoted text>
If they are homosexual then it's not a Christian church!!!
Malarky!!!!
We wrote The Book
http://etb-history-theology.blogspot.com/2012...

“Marriage equality for all”

Since: Jul 07

Illinois

#36681 Jan 2, 2013
Southern Lady01 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's where you're wrong. My generation is raising the next generation to have the same morals & to follow the Bible's teachings. It's a never ending cycle. Just the way God intended it to be.
Well then, you've been duped. Fundamental Christians under the age of 30 support gay rights. They can recognize the difference between church affairs, and civil affairs.

Marriage, between ANY two consenting adults is a civil matter. There is NO requirement that anyone marry in a church/temple/synagogue. Nor is there any requirement that those institutions recognize SSM.

Many churches do recognize SSM, while others never will. But the bottom line is that marriage recognition by government is a civil matter.

Illinois

#36682 Jan 2, 2013
Mister E wrote:
<quoted text> But you and your husband CANNOT reproduce together sir. THAT is the difference I was suggesting that separates what is consummation of marriage that gays will NEVER have the ability to do. That can consummate their love in many ways I am sure but procreation isn't one of them. I bet your straight adult children are just thrilled to know their dad is pumping their "other" dad. He'll, they might make a tv sitcom about your dysfunctional family. Maybe you can pitch it to LOGO.
1. What is your fascination with anal? My husband doesn't enjoy it, at all, so all that humping and pumping that you're daydreaming about only exists in your head. But, carry on if that's working for you.
2. My children have no issue with my sexuality and out daily life is probably every bit as mundane as is yours.
3. I know many people who either can't, or won't have children. Are their marriages any less valid in the eyes of the government?

Again, civil marriage is NOT about procreation.

Illinois

#36683 Jan 2, 2013
our*, not out

Illinois

#36685 Jan 2, 2013
Southern Lady01 wrote:
<quoted text>
If they are homosexual then it's not a Christian church!!!
Who died and left you in charge?
mahz

Trenton, IL

#36686 Jan 2, 2013
Marengo Jon wrote:
<quoted text>
Who died and left you in charge?
This is exactly the problem with these pinheads.

They are going to tell you what it is ok for you to worship. If you don't accept it then you are violating THEIR religious freedoms.

You can't argue with crazy, but it's OK. Their way of life is dying out and it wont be long before they go the way of the dodo like thousands of religions before them.

When it comes down to it, the Christian system is written based in feudalism and with the scientific understanding of the iron age. Now that feudalism is no longer a viable system of government and we have moved beyond iron age technology, their religion is rapidly declining.

We look at the Greeks and think their God lived on mountains and threw lightning bolts? How primitive!

We have people living in the belly of whales and talking snakes. We are so sophisticated!

It's an ego driven delusion.
mahz

Trenton, IL

#36687 Jan 2, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Malarky!!!!
We wrote The Book
http://etb-history-theology.blogspot.com/2012...
Jesus was a middle aged, unmarried man running around with a band of other single men. He was much more like you than he was her.

Matter of fact, Jesus never mentions homosexuality. Not a single time. All the prohibitions against homosexuality in the bible come from Leviticus and from the Letters of Paul.

You would think that if Jesus had any more problem with gay people than he did eating pork or getting a tattoo then he might have taken the time to mention it. At least once.

Illinois

#36688 Jan 2, 2013
Southern Lady01 wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't met the kids I know . They are more of a throwback to the 1950's than today. Just wait & see who is right.
So the men are men and the women are barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen like God intended?
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#36689 Jan 2, 2013
mahz wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was a middle aged, unmarried man running around with a band of other single men. He was much more like you than he was her.
Matter of fact, Jesus never mentions homosexuality. Not a single time. All the prohibitions against homosexuality in the bible come from Leviticus and from the Letters of Paul.
You would think that if Jesus had any more problem with gay people than he did eating pork or getting a tattoo then he might have taken the time to mention it. At least once.
Jesus actually 'did' teach on the subject:
Thee fundies don't recognize it because they stop reading where Jesus prohibits divorce
Jesus started out discussing remarriage after divorce and finished by explaining why the three types of gay guys (eunuches) are exempt from adultery:
++++++++++
Matthew 19:9> "And I say vnto you, Whosoeuer shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away, doth commit adultery."
Matthew 19:10> His disciples say vnto him, "If the case of the man be so with his wife, it is not good to marrie."
Matthew 19:11> But hee said vnto them, "All men cannot receiue this saying, saue they to whom it is giuen."
Matthew 19:12> "For there are some Eunuches, which were so borne from their mothers wombe: and there are some Eunuches, which were made Eunuches of men: and there be Eunuches, which haue made themselues Eunuches for the kingdome of heauens sake. He that is able to receiue it, let him receiue it."
++++++++++
Here is additional discussion of men not attracted to women:
http://www.well.com/user/aquarius/
Mister E

Morris, IL

#36692 Jan 2, 2013
It's easy to judge from behind a faceless screen, but what I can tell you is that this issue is far far too trivial in comparison to the larger problems this country is enduring at this very moment. That you supporters are so adamant our leaders and lawmakers concern themselves with this issue is what bothers me. I'd even say in many ways that I can't see (because I have not the access or wherewithal to engage in politics) this distraction affects me and you daily. That's my gripe. Nothing more, nothing less. Whatever floats your boat, so long as your boat does not impede the progress of my own boat.
Agree

Saint Louis, MO

#36693 Jan 2, 2013
One thing all us IL people can agree on: OUR TAXES ARE TOO HIGH!!!!
reality

Belleville, IL

#36694 Jan 2, 2013
Mister E wrote:
It's easy to judge from behind a faceless screen, but what I can tell you is that this issue is far far too trivial in comparison to the larger problems this country is enduring at this very moment. That you supporters are so adamant our leaders and lawmakers concern themselves with this issue is what bothers me. I'd even say in many ways that I can't see (because I have not the access or wherewithal to engage in politics) this distraction affects me and you daily. That's my gripe. Nothing more, nothing less. Whatever floats your boat, so long as your boat does not impede the progress of my own boat.
Maybe if you were gay, or knew someone who was you would understand. Of course you could care less. It's not your rights that are being violated.

It seems the gay people are using the same theory that you are. Whatever floats your boat, just don't impede the progress of theirs.
reality

Belleville, IL

#36695 Jan 2, 2013
Agree wrote:
One thing all us IL people can agree on: OUR TAXES ARE TOO HIGH!!!!
Not even close to high enough. If they were, we wouldn't be running multi-billion dollar deficits.

Some of us are actually fiscally conservative and believe that you are supposed to pay your bills.
the fact king

Mattoon, IL

#36696 Jan 2, 2013
Mister E wrote:
For the 5th time please tell me how allowing "them" to marry in any way shape or form "impede's the progress of your own boat"?????? & if this issue is so "trivial" then why are you so dead set against letting "them" marry?????
RICKY

Hazel Crest, IL

#36697 Jan 2, 2013
SOUTHERN LADY GIVES ME A WOODY
reality

Belleville, IL

#36698 Jan 2, 2013
reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Not even close to high enough. If they were, we wouldn't be running multi-billion dollar deficits.
Some of us are actually fiscally conservative and believe that you are supposed to pay your bills.
Some cheeseball didnt like that? HOw about this? When you look at states ranked according to tax burden IL comes in at #39.

There are 38 states with a higher tax burden than us. Gee I wonder why we keep running deficits?
cdc

Saint Louis, MO

#36699 Jan 2, 2013
Hey jon jon I took over YOUR thread with MY topic....HA HA

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 18 min Bluestater 1,126,704
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 19 min edogxxx 98,503
Abby 10-24 21 min edogxxx 1
Amy 10-24 28 min edogxxx 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Mandela 70,098
Steve Wilkos : talk show host ? or simple mi... (Feb '08) 3 hr shell 365
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 hr Sgt Prepper 179,386
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]