Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52050 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

Rastous

Olney, IL

#36321 Dec 22, 2012
Just wanted to let you know - today I received my 2013 Social Security Stimulus Package. It contained two tomato seeds, cornbread mix, two discount coupons to KFC, an 'Obama Hope & Change' bumper sticker, a prayer rug, a machine to blow smoke up my ass and a 'Blame it on Bush' poster for the front yard. The directions were in Spanish.
Yours should arrive soon..

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#36322 Dec 22, 2012
Rastous wrote:
Just wanted to let you know - today I received my 2013 Social Security Stimulus Package. It contained two tomato seeds, cornbread mix, two discount coupons to KFC, an 'Obama Hope & Change' bumper sticker, a prayer rug, a machine to blow smoke up my ass and a 'Blame it on Bush' poster for the front yard. The directions were in Spanish.
Yours should arrive soon..
Man, you know someone is a hardcore racist when they bring up their racism completely off topic and unprompted.
WTF

Westville, IL

#36323 Dec 22, 2012
the fact king wrote:
<quoted text>We can tell by the way you post that you mare a closet queer.....Nothing wrong with that be proud of what you are.......& what you are is a FAG...... it's not your fault you were made that way by the perversions your daddy forced on you.....remember when he made you play the "guess where daddy's pickle is game" & daddy's pickle was always in between your but cheeks........Don't be mad that just how your daddy & his daddy show they love you "little jimmy"
well speaking off ass rapers heres the fact king the number 1 raper of coles county he loves his weiners dont you the younger the better
you know who

Waterloo, IL

#36324 Dec 22, 2012
Your opinion,whatever it is, is irrelevant.
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Your religion, whatever it is, is irrelevant to the law.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#36325 Dec 22, 2012
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Man, you know someone is a hardcore racist when they bring up their racism completely off topic and unprompted.
Not surprising at all.

Look at the gay twirl denial and the racist vote for Obama. Two birds of a feather.
f -all- thebs

Frankfort, IL

#36326 Dec 22, 2012
so can we sum anything up to any regilous belief that there is a quote' judgement day' some where.... that those who choose to live this life style as they see fit are welcome to that opinion? I am sick of all the religous right poking their nose in this. Live and let live. Is it that hard to understand? If the great end of all times is God or his son judging each individual then let that happen, it is no other job then theirs. Any of you making judgement on their behalf makes you sinners in the eye of the Lord you so boldly think you are defending. Any other argument is moot. You should seek repentance under the god you believe you know. 30k post and i bet half of you have childern that are gay or experimenting. Shame on all of you. Just remember judgement day applies to you also.

Location hidden

#36327 Dec 22, 2012
f -all- thebs wrote:
so can we sum anything up to any regilous belief that there is a quote' judgement day' some where.... that those who choose to live this life style as they see fit are welcome to that opinion? I am sick of all the religous right poking their nose in this. Live and let live. Is it that hard to understand? If the great end of all times is God or his son judging each individual then let that happen, it is no other job then theirs. Any of you making judgement on their behalf makes you sinners in the eye of the Lord you so boldly think you are defending. Any other argument is moot. You should seek repentance under the god you believe you know. 30k post and i bet half of you have childern that are gay or experimenting. Shame on all of you. Just remember judgement day applies to you also.
You are confusing two things and judging all who disagree that homosexuality is normal as being for religious reasons.

The cause of homosexuality and calling gay unions marriage are two distinct issues.

Evolution dictates homosexuality as a disorder/defect. It violates the fundamental goal, survival. That is a simple fact. Science is quickly understanding the root causes. Look up homosexuality and epi-genetics for the most recent discoveries.

Marriage is the cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior. To call gay unions 'marriage' would be the ultimate oxymoron.

You sound disillusioned. That is a good thing. The illusion and denial you have been living in is being swept away. Welcome to reality. Difficult, but much better than denial.

Smile.
really

AOL

#36328 Dec 22, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
blahblahblah blah blah blahblahblah
Isn't it way past your bedtime?

Oh and Merry Christmas...Peace on Earth Good Will Toward Men, Women, Children, Every one!
Wedding Bells

Enfield, IL

#36329 Dec 23, 2012
To each is own, let God be the judge.
temporary resident

Murphysboro, IL

#36330 Dec 23, 2012
Now Mr. "temp resident" is not racist in any way shape or form in fact he encourages all types of happiness. But lets go with "it", It's not going to be any different on the D-PAPERS.

Location hidden

#36331 Dec 23, 2012
To equate gay unions with marriage, you have to sift marriage down to it's bare essence.

Marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

Homosexuality is a direct failure and conflict with mating behavior.

Therefore, it does not qualify.

Location hidden

#36332 Dec 23, 2012
Looks like gay marriage might be legal in Illinois soon.

Nice to see this discussion thread coming full circle.

Bravo, Illinois.

Location hidden

#36333 Dec 23, 2012
Just Think wrote:
Looks like gay marriage might be legal in Illinois soon.
Nice to see this discussion thread coming full circle.
Bravo, Illinois.
Pretty hard to legalize something that doesn't exist...

:-)
A E Neumann

Hartland, WI

#36334 Dec 23, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Portrebzie.... ;-)

Location hidden

#36335 Dec 23, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
A E Neumann wrote:
<quoted text>
Portrebzie.... ;-)
Exactly!
TarTar

Bandung, Indonesia

#36336 Dec 23, 2012
Why does our society want to glorify one human putting is oral parts on the place of another where the person goes to the bathroom? No one in their right mind should be telling children that doing that is ok. Ever. Ever.
Jeremy

Chicago, IL

#36338 Dec 24, 2012
If the great end of all times is God or his son judging each individual then let that happen, it is no other job then theirs. Any of you making judgement on their behalf makes you sinners in the eye of the Lord you so boldly think you are defending. Any other argument is moot. You should seek repentance under the god you believe you know. 30k post and i bet half of you have children that are gay or experimenting. Shame on all of you. Just remember judgement day applies to you also.

Location hidden

#36339 Dec 24, 2012
Jeremy wrote:
If the great end of all times is God or his son judging each individual then let that happen, it is no other job then theirs. Any of you making judgement on their behalf makes you sinners in the eye of the Lord you so boldly think you are defending. Any other argument is moot. You should seek repentance under the god you believe you know. 30k post and i bet half of you have children that are gay or experimenting. Shame on all of you. Just remember judgement day applies to you also.
Pretty judgmental of you isn't it?

Smirk.
te te

United States

#36340 Dec 24, 2012
Yes I can read and I can read the bible. It is clearly stated that its an abomination and homo's will not enter into heaven. God is judging you now.
Not the person reading the bible. They are God's words not mine. the way is narrow and you as an unbeliever or disrespecter are on the wide road.
So be it. I smell the smoke from the fire now for the deviates.

Location hidden

#36341 Dec 24, 2012
te te wrote:
Yes I can read and I can read the bible. It is clearly stated that its an abomination and homo's will not enter into heaven. God is judging you now.
Not the person reading the bible. They are God's words not mine. the way is narrow and you as an unbeliever or disrespecter are on the wide road.
So be it. I smell the smoke from the fire now for the deviates.
And this has what to do with legal recognition of same sex relationships?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Yeah 1,261,868
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 11 min CrunchyBacon 100,192
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 14 min Dr Guru 194,330
5 Truths You Cannot Disagree With. 24 min BloodySlash-QUIT 14
Abby 7-28-15 2 hr pde 7
Ask Amy 7-28-15 3 hr Mister Tonka 6
Ask Amy 7-27-15 4 hr boundary painter 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages