Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 Full story: CBS2 50,643

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Full Story

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#36228 Dec 15, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Belief systems are far more than just religious.
The real question is, how does a belief system explain and deal with the problem of evil?
For instance, why did a broken mind kill 26 innocent people? Why not just himself? What screams like the CT mayor said, "Evil visited our community today."
Your denial of sexual brokenness is a much smaller example, but no less poignant.
:-)
mahz wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a pretty egocentric prick to think that my beliefs only exist as a denial of yours.
Where did I say that?

Are you confusing me with reality?

Smirk.

Location hidden

#36229 Dec 15, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
How does the Bible answer that question?
Do you even know the answer?
mahz wrote:
<quoted text>
I am asking not smoker to explain his faith to me so that I can get a better understanding. I'm not trying to explain it to him. Once again, you daftly miss the point.
So you admit you don't know the answer to a belief system you are mocking.

Got more than sex 'backwards', don't you think?

Smirk.
likud

Belleville, IL

#36230 Dec 15, 2012
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The real question is, how does a belief system explain and deal with the problem of evil?
For instance, why did a broken mind kill 26 innocent people? Why not just himself? What screams like the CT mayor said, "Evil visited our community today."
Your denial of sexual brokenness is a much smaller example, but no less poignant.
<quoted text>
Where did I say that?
Smirk.
You have accused me of denial in every post, troll.

You have no material left and are now going to resort to your trusty old fallback of childish games. You put on a good front of intelligence for about three or four posts, but after that you run dry on material and start showing how limited you truly are. It has been happening daily on this thread. You're not too bright.
likud

Belleville, IL

#36231 Dec 15, 2012
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
How does the Bible answer that question?
Do you even know the answer?
<quoted text>
So you admit you don't know the answer to a belief system you are mocking.
Got more than sex 'backwards', don't you think?
Smirk.
Actually no, the point of my question was to understand more about non smokers religion. Since I'm in an understanding mood and he's not present why don't you tell me what you think the bible says says. So I can get a better picture of what Christianity truly means to you, friend.

SMIRK

Location hidden

#36232 Dec 15, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Where did I say that?
Smirk.
likud wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no material left and are now going to resort to your trusty old fallback of childish games. You put on a good front of intelligence for about three or four posts, but after that you run dry on material and start showing how limited you truly are. It has been happening daily on this thread. You're not too bright.
I simply asked you to point out where I said what you accused me of.

If you lied, simply say so. That would disprove my assertions of your character and set you on a legitimate course.

This is just an ad homoan attack attempting to divert attention from another one of your lies and distortions.

Simple facts.

Smile.

Location hidden

#36233 Dec 15, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Not quite...
No greater force for good exists still.
Just a simple fact.
Smile.
<quoted text>
Without wasting time distinguishing the distortions of your 'list', of course there are examples of those who violate Christian beliefs in the name of Christianity.
The same is true of any belief system. Human brokenness always has taken advantage of good to disguise evil. Wolves in sheep clothing.
A honest handful of legitimate violations is hardly a reason to dismiss the astounding expression of concern and care that goes on every single day in every single community across this country.
Your silly attempt to do so only exposes your brokenness and denial. A blatant attempt to destroy anything in the way of your denial, no matter what the price.
mahz wrote:
<quoted text>
In your own words, "Human brokenness always has taken advantage of good to disguise evil."
A more apt description of the Christian religion could not be found.
Those aren't just examples, they are a pattern of behavior that the Christian faith has demonstrated throughout it's history. Christianity was spread across this planet at the point of sword or a gun and you're ignorant of history if you think otherwise.
Standing in the way of my denial? BWAHAHAHA. I'm not denying anything, I'm demanding proof. You see, that's how rational thinking works. You claim there is this magic man in the sky who is all powerful and created everything, yet somehow, even though he is an all powerful and loving God, child leukemia is part of his master plan. I need just a little proof and some rational explanation of why he kills millions ever year with acts of God.
Sorry, but saying "this English translation of a Greek translation of an original Hebrew translation of an Iron age allegorical tale is defacto proof that Moses understood the finer points of radioactive decay" is slightly unbalanced.
You're the one in denial here, bub. Denial about the fact you don't know whether God exists. You have no proof, you only believe it in your heart to be true, with no proof.
Where in the world yesterday did a Christian kill 26 innocent women and children like an atheist did?

Where in the world yesterday did Christians rape women and girls, and deliberately bomb innocent people like Muslims did in numerous countries yesterday.

Where in the world yesterday did a 'Christian' government beat, enslave, starve and horribly abuse millions like North Korea did yesterday.

Yesterday in all of those cases, millions of Christians sacrificed, gave, prayed and served those very situations.

Just simple reality.

You have a clear pattern of ignorant bigotry.

non smoker

Frankfort, IL

#36234 Dec 15, 2012
mahz wrote:
How can the son of God, be the one and only true God?

That's two God's. The father and the son. How can he be the one and only?

Jesus never claimed to be the one true God. It is a distortion of his message. He wasn't saying he was a God at all. He said God was his father. He was God's son and you are all children of God exactly like him and could have the same personal relationship. Jesus wasn't God nor did he ever claim to be.
It's called the trinity. The father, the son, and the Holy Spirit. God sent his son Jesus to die for our sins so we can be forgiven of our sins. If you believe in him, you can have salvation and eternal life In Heaven! Amen!

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#36235 Dec 15, 2012
non smoker wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called the trinity. The father, the son, and the Holy Spirit. God sent his son Jesus to die for our sins so we can be forgiven of our sins. If you believe in him, you can have salvation and eternal life In Heaven! Amen!
And if you don't, you burn in a lake of fire for longer than a million times a billion times a trillion years.

Nice god you have there...

“Marriage equality for all”

Since: Jul 07

Illinois

#36236 Dec 15, 2012
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

<quoted text>
That's your defense?
Maybe this is beyond your 'pay grade'...
Just a heads up, you don't know my faith. I am a redeemed cynic who remains barbarian.
The barbarian makes me a jack 'ass' sometimes, but the cynic inoculates me from 'dumb'.
Smirk.
Thats' YOUR defense? The fact that you're a deformed cynical barbarian hardly qualifies you to sh1t on others.

Illinois

#36237 Dec 15, 2012
likud wrote:
<quoted text>
That's Kuntmares MO on every thread zhe trolls.
really

AOL

#36238 Dec 15, 2012
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Where in the world yesterday did a Christian kill 26 innocent women and children like an atheist did?
Yesterday in all of those cases, millions of Christians sacrificed, gave, prayed and served those very situations.
Just simple reality.
How do you know he was an athiest, I have seen no such thing reported?

Are you trying to say Christians do not commit horrible crimes? You have to know that is not true!

Yep the good Christians were on topix yesterday harrassing and threatening the gay people, instead of on their knees praying for all those innocent little angels.

You are disgusting!

Illinois

#36239 Dec 15, 2012
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

Your denial of sexual brokenness is a much smaller example...
Says the deformed cynical barbarian with the completely non-functional (a.k.a. broken) vagaina (a.k.a. mangina).

Location hidden

#36241 Dec 15, 2012
mahz wrote:
How can the son of God, be the one and only true God?
That's two God's. The father and the son. How can he be the one and only?
Jesus never claimed to be the one true God. It is a distortion of his message. He wasn't saying he was a God at all. He said God was his father. He was God's son and you are all children of God exactly like him and could have the same personal relationship. Jesus wasn't God nor did he ever claim to be.
The only response I can think of is the old saying,

'The idiot leading the blind'.

Don't quit your day job to be a theologian...

Smirk.

Location hidden

#36242 Dec 15, 2012
likud wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually no, the point of my question was to understand more about non smokers religion. Since I'm in an understanding mood and he's not present why don't you tell me what you think the bible says says. So I can get a better picture of what Christianity truly means to you, friend.
SMIRK
I have said I don't discuss faith with faithless people.

What is the point? So you can mock and desecrate things you cannot and don't want to understand? You can't even get straight what a sphincter muscle is for!

surferdude

Mount Vernon, IL

#36243 Dec 15, 2012
The liberals have already trashed the world's morals so let 'er buck. Queers are twisted freaks and calling them gays and lesbians and letting them get married won't change that. It'll just let them become a further drag on our tax dollar, which is their real goal.
surferdude

Mount Vernon, IL

#36244 Dec 15, 2012
I can't think of any worse punishment for gays and lesbians than marriage.:)
Being in a straight marriage is cruel enough - I thinkin' that a gay marriage could be defined as cruel and unusual.:)

Location hidden

#36245 Dec 15, 2012
Aside from validating my comments about evolutionary mating behavior, this new study is an explanation of how and why homosexuality a genetic defect.

"Different genes are involved in the development of genitals, reproductive organs, body shape, sexual orientation and every other trait where genes shape sexual differentiation. And so epi-marks to these different genes will have different influences on those traits.

Mostly, these kinds of epi-marks should not be passed from parent to offspring. But occasionally some are. And when the epi-marks on genes that effect sexual orientation get passed from father to daughter then some traits that would normally develop in female-specific ways end up more masculinized. Likewise mother-son transmission of epi-marks can result in the feminization of some traits that would normally develop in a more masculinized fashion."

http://theconversation.edu.au/new-ideas-about...

Big Smile.
the fact king

Westville, IL

#36246 Dec 15, 2012
Jesus is coming back to kick your butts get right with God now before its to late sinners your evil living in sin its Adam and Eve get that through your sick heads it could be your last chance so when your in hell you can rememeber we tried to tell you so this message brought to by the coles county chapter of get the gays out
really

AOL

#36247 Dec 15, 2012
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

Just simple reality.
Why did you lie and state that he was an athiest? That young man could have been one of those crazy Christians for all we know. Where is your firm grip on reality, truth, blah blah blah now?

Here you sit on topix with all the other supposed "Christians" bashing gay people...So much for the Golden Rule! So really, who is the ignorant bigot?

You were wrong, you know you were wrong and that is why you did not respond.

Location hidden

#36248 Dec 15, 2012
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

Just simple reality.
really wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did you lie and state that he was an athiest? That young man could have been one of those crazy Christians for all we know. Where is your firm grip on reality, truth, blah blah blah now?
Here you sit on topix with all the other supposed "Christians" bashing gay people...So much for the Golden Rule! So really, who is the ignorant bigot?
You were wrong, you know you were wrong and that is why you did not respond.
Why are you questioning me when the first poster slandered Christians?

Just curious about your bigoted concern...

Smile.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min wojar 179,433
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 51 min Bluestater 1,127,006
very cute unuasual pix 3 hr ALL GOOD 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr Mandela 68,666
omnipods boxes for sale 4 hr thanxlord 1
Amy 10-24 4 hr Mister Tonka 12
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 5 hr Anonymous91 54,522
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]