Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS2

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Comments (Page 1,558)

Showing posts 31,141 - 31,160 of48,683
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
youbet

Hinckley, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Saluki Rod smokes pink owls.
ROTFLMFAO

Mounds, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

non smoker wrote:
<quoted text>
All I have to say is Jesus loves you. I might not be able to debate or twist history or distort things to make myself sound like an intelligent historian or something but I know my God is a loving God, and if you ask forgiveness for accepting and being gay, and if you live your life in a Godly way, you will be forgiven. You have a chance to spend eternity in Heaven and not suffer a life of Burning hell. The choice is yours, good luck
You have no idea of how ridiculous you sound do you? You're trying to convince everyone you worship a "loving god"....telling gay people to ask forgiveness(??????)from him(?) for, in your mind, "creating" them like this...because if not then this "LOVING" god is going to BURN them in HELL FOREVER, his OWN children....BURN FOREVER for BEING who HE MADE them. HUH? Oh, and how's that "stoning" goin' for ya'all on all your christians that have gotten divorced or had SEX outside of a "marriage bed"? Why, oh why, aren't you DOING what YOUR god tells you to do? Why aren't you TAKING CARE of your neighbors, opening your doors to STRANGERS as your god has demanded? Do you visit the prisons regularly like your god tells you because after all he does say that is where he lives. And OMG, why are you involved in a discussion on politics? Your god proclaims govt' is the devils work and your are not to partake in it in anyway except living by it's rules NOT getting involved. YOU are a FALSE christian. Now, go pray on that for awhile.
non smoker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

mahz wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not quite sure why I should beg your God to forgive me for being gay. I've never been gay.

I'm also not twisting history, I'm giving you facts. What you are saying is that facts and history do not matter. You only need your beliefs and anything contradictory to your faith is not real.

Therein lies the problem. I am a rational thinker who uses logic and reason. You are an intuitive thinker who relies on feelings and belief.

There's really no room for agreement there. We will never see eye to eye and I'm fine with that. If you wanna dance around, singing and clapping to some iron age sun god and that little bit of caveman psychodrama provides you some sort of emotional release or fufillment then by all means, knock yourself out. However, when you expect me to believe exactly what you do, or think you're going to persecute my fellow Americans based on that bullshit then I'm going to point out what a crock of contradictory and hypocritical shit it really is.
You choose to insult, I choose to pray for you. You need it
non smoker

New Lenox, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

ROTFLMFAO wrote:
<quoted text>You have no idea of how ridiculous you sound do you? You're trying to convince everyone you worship a "loving god"....telling gay people to ask forgiveness(??????)from him(?) for, in your mind, "creating" them like this...because if not then this "LOVING" god is going to BURN them in HELL FOREVER, his OWN children....BURN FOREVER for BEING who HE MADE them. HUH? Oh, and how's that "stoning" goin' for ya'all on all your christians that have gotten divorced or had SEX outside of a "marriage bed"? Why, oh why, aren't you DOING what YOUR god tells you to do? Why aren't you TAKING CARE of your neighbors, opening your doors to STRANGERS as your god has demanded? Do you visit the prisons regularly like your god tells you because after all he does say that is where he lives. And OMG, why are you involved in a discussion on politics? Your god proclaims govt' is the devils work and your are not to partake in it in anyway except living by it's rules NOT getting involved. YOU are a FALSE christian. Now, go pray on that for awhile.
Please fool, we are all sinners and make mistakes. Any moron knows that, difference is I try not to make the same one twice. You do
mahz

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

non smoker wrote:
<quoted text>
Please fool, we are all sinners and make mistakes. Any moron knows that, difference is I try not to make the same one twice. You do
Calling people fools and morons? Sitting in judgement of your neighbors? WWJD?
mahz

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

non smoker wrote:
<quoted text>
You choose to insult, I choose to pray for you. You need it
Like I said, if that little bit of psychodrama fulfills you in some way emotionally and you need that to get through your life, then go right ahead.
mahz

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

You come into this forum and tell me that I'm not OK, that I need to apologize for the way I am, I need to change my thinking to be like you, and I need to bow down to your God or I'm not right and then have the gall to say I insulted you? Wyy you pompous little fuqing prick.
Thomas Jefferson

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

non smoker wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting you should ask me to shut the F up when all that's on this thread is how proud you all are to be gay. Why don't I ask the same thing of you all? Interesting how your lifestyle is one full of ridicule and judgment yet I strike a nerve when I vocalize my beliefs. This country used to be founded on mine, not yours. Trust me, our founding forefathers would be disgusted if they read what you all are proud of and write about.
Hey you bigoted moron not gay! LOL,And the fact still remains that this country is in fact a secular nation! Take that bible into court and try to use it as evidence! You'll be laughed out of court in a mile-second! Again keep it in your church and away from others who don't give a crap about your brainwashed brain! Try a little logic and critical thought! It seems that you are grossly lacking in both! Next!
non smoker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

mahz wrote:
<quoted text>Like I said, if that little bit of psychodrama fulfills you in some way emotionally and you need that to get through your life, then go right ahead.
Pretty hard not too when u don't stop. But that is what u do, push until u can prove ur point. I'm done responding to u. U can answer to God someday, good luck with that!
mahz

Edwardsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

non smoker wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty hard not too when u don't stop. But that is what u do, push until u can prove ur point. I'm done responding to u. U can answer to God someday, good luck with that!
Which God? There have literally been hundreds since the beginning of mankind. Every one of them thought the God's they were worshiping were real too. So which one? Shiva? Osiris? Zeus? Ra? Odin? Christ? Allah? Jehovah? Baal? Khrisna? Ahriman? El? Ahru Mazda?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Exodus 33:18-23 (NASB)
18 Then Moses said, "I pray You, show me Your glory!"
19 And He said, "I Myself will make all My goodness pass before you, and will proclaim the name of the LORD before you; and I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show compassion on whom I will show compassion."
20 But He said, "You cannot see My face, for no man can see Me and live!"
21 Then the LORD said, "Behold, there is a place by Me, and you shall stand there on the rock;
22 and it will come about, while My glory is passing by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock and cover you with My hand until I have passed by.
23 "Then I will take My hand away and you shall see My back, but My face shall not be seen."
Note;
-Seeing God was a life-threatening danger.
-God used three forms of protection for the radiation;
Behind a rock
Shielded with His hand
Only allowed a partial view (back)
Exodus 34:29-35 (NASB)
29 It came about when Moses was coming down from Mount Sinai (and the two tablets of the testimony were in Moses' hand as he was coming down from the mountain), that Moses did not know that the skin of his face shone because of his speaking with Him.
30 So when Aaron and all the sons of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone, and they were afraid to come near him.
31 Then Moses called to them, and Aaron and all the rulers in the congregation returned to him; and Moses spoke to them.
32 Afterward all the sons of Israel came near, and he commanded them to do everything that the LORD had spoken to him on Mount Sinai.
33 When Moses had finished speaking with them, he put a veil over his face.
34 But whenever Moses went in before the LORD to speak with Him, he would take off the veil until he came out; and whenever he came out and spoke to the sons of Israel what he had been commanded,
35 the sons of Israel would see the face of Moses, that the skin of Moses' face shone. So Moses would replace the veil over his face until he went in to speak with Him.
Note; The effect of radiation.
Please explain how a accurate description of radiation's danger, affect and protection appeared in a story about a Alien visiting humans in a fiction book written by numerous authors, distorted by time and translation occurred.
Smile.
mahz wrote:
<quoted text>
Right after you explain how snakes can talk or how a man can live inside a whale for days.
How did that appear in your Alien fairy tale? Simple answer. It didn't. You are just suffering from the delusion that it does. Because your brain doesn't work right.
Ah, so silly obvious mahz...

You can't deal with something that is understandable, so you demand we change the subject to something that isn't.

Here is what exposes your bigotry;

-The Bible is full of things we cannot explain. That perfectly fits the concept of a God.

Bigoted and ignorant people focus on these things and mock them. Purely because they don't like the things in the Bible they DO understand.

- However, it is ALSO full of things we can explain, but have no explanation of how they got in there.

Honest and reasonable people note these and ponder them. They honor the sacred and study the speculative. They are not afraid of things that confront their behavior.

This incident is one of them.

Your denial is exposed in denying a clear description of radiation with only an ad homoan attack on me!

You are a sissy chicken sh/t afraid to face the reality of your brokenness.

:-)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Not quite...
No greater force for good exists still.
Just a simple fact.
Smile.
mahz wrote:
<quoted text>
Crusades, Cognite Intare, Gott Mit Uns, Inquisitions, Witch Trials, Blood Libels, Jim Jones, Warren Jeffs, David Koresh, Westboro Baptist Church
Just some simple facts.
No greater force for evil still exists.
SMIRK
Without wasting time distinguishing the distortions of your 'list', of course there are examples of those who violate Christian beliefs in the name of Christianity.

The same is true of any belief system. Human brokenness always has taken advantage of good to disguise evil. Wolves in sheep clothing.

A honest handful of legitimate violations is hardly a reason to dismiss the astounding expression of concern and care that goes on every single day in every single community across this country.

Your silly attempt to do so only exposes your brokenness and denial. A blatant attempt to destroy anything in the way of your denial, no matter what the price.

dweezle

Edwardsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
19 And He said, "I Myself will make all My goodness pass before you, and will proclaim the name of the LORD before you; and I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show compassion on whom I will show compassion."
21 Then the LORD said, "Behold, there is a place by Me, and you shall stand there on the rock;
22 and it will come about, while My glory is passing by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock and cover you with My hand until I have passed by.
23 "Then I will take My hand away and you shall see My back, but My face shall not be seen."
Note;
Behind a rock
Shielded with His hand
29 It came about when Moses was coming down from Mount Sinai (and the two tablets of the testimony were in Moses' hand as he was coming down from the mountain), that Moses did not know that the skin of his face shone because of his speaking with Him.
30 So when Aaron and all the sons of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone, and they were afraid to come near him.
31 Then Moses called to them, and Aaron and all the rulers in the congregation returned to him; and Moses spoke to them.
32 Afterward all the sons of Israel came near, and he commanded them to do everything that the LORD had spoken to him on Mount Sinai.
34 But whenever Moses went in before the LORD to speak with Him, he would take off the veil until he came out; and whenever he came out and spoke to the sons of Israel what he had been commanded,
35 the sons of Israel would see the face of Moses, that the skin of Moses' face shone. So Moses would replace the veil over his face until he went in to speak with Him.
Please explain how a accurate description of radiation's danger, affect and protection appeared in a story about a Alien visiting humans in a fiction book written by numerous authors, distorted by time and translation occurred.
Smile.
<quoted text>
You can't deal with something that is understandable, so you demand we change the subject to something that isn't.
-The Bible is full of things we cannot explain. That perfectly fits the concept of a God.
Bigoted and ignorant people focus on these things and mock them. Purely because they don't like the things in the Bible they DO understand.
- However, it is ALSO full of things we can explain, but have no explanation of how they got in there.
Honest and reasonable people note these and ponder them. They honor the sacred and study the speculative. They are not afraid of things that confront their behavior.
Your denial is exposed in denying a clear description of radiation with only an ad homoan attack on me!
There is nothing there that is a clear description of radiation dumbass. You are just reading into to it what you want to support you bullshit faith.
non smoker

New Lenox, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

mahz wrote:
<quoted text>Which God? There have literally been hundreds since the beginning of mankind. Every one of them thought the God's they were worshiping were real too. So which one? Shiva? Osiris? Zeus? Ra? Odin? Christ? Allah? Jehovah? Baal? Khrisna? Ahriman? El? Ahru Mazda?
Christ, the son of God, the only true God!
mahz

Edwardsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Not quite...
No greater force for good exists still.
Just a simple fact.
Smile.
<quoted text>
Without wasting time distinguishing the distortions of your 'list', of course there are examples of those who violate Christian beliefs in the name of Christianity.
The same is true of any belief system. Human brokenness always has taken advantage of good to disguise evil. Wolves in sheep clothing.
A honest handful of legitimate violations is hardly a reason to dismiss the astounding expression of concern and care that goes on every single day in every single community across this country.
Your silly attempt to do so only exposes your brokenness and denial. A blatant attempt to destroy anything in the way of your denial, no matter what the price.
In your own words, "Human brokenness always has taken advantage of good to disguise evil."

A more apt description of the Christian religion could not be found.

Those aren't just examples, they are a pattern of behavior that the Christian faith has demonstrated throughout it's history. Christianity was spread across this planet at the point of sword or a gun and you're ignorant of history if you think otherwise.

Standing in the way of my denial? BWAHAHAHA. I'm not denying anything, I'm demanding proof. You see, that's how rational thinking works. You claim there is this magic man in the sky who is all powerful and created everything, yet somehow, even though he is an all powerful and loving God, child leukemia is part of his master plan. I need just a little proof and some rational explanation of why he kills millions ever year with acts of God.

Sorry, but saying "this English translation of a Greek translation of an original Hebrew translation of an Iron age allegorical tale is defacto proof that Moses understood the finer points of radioactive decay" is slightly unbalanced.

You're the one in denial here, bub. Denial about the fact you don't know whether God exists. You have no proof, you only believe it in your heart to be true, with no proof.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Note;
Behind a rock
Shielded with His hand
Smile.
<quoted text>
dweezle wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing there that is a clear description of radiation dumbass. You are just reading into to it what you want to support you bullshit faith.
That's your defense?

Maybe this is beyond your 'pay grade'...

Just a heads up, you don't know my faith. I am a redeemed cynic who remains barbarian.

The barbarian makes me a jack 'ass' sometimes, but the cynic inoculates me from 'dumb'.

Smirk.
mahz

Edwardsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

non smoker wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ, the son of God, the only true God!
So the other 80% of the world who is not Christian are all going to burn in hell? Your God is mighty cruel.

Are you sure he doesn't present himself in many forms and offer many different pathways to him, based on the culture you were raised in?

And the Jews, the Muslims and the Christians all worship the same God, they just do it in different ways.
mahz

Edwardsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

How can the son of God, be the one and only true God?

That's two God's. The father and the son. How can he be the one and only?

Jesus never claimed to be the one true God. It is a distortion of his message. He wasn't saying he was a God at all. He said God was his father. He was God's son and you are all children of God exactly like him and could have the same personal relationship. Jesus wasn't God nor did he ever claim to be.
mahz

Edwardsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Note;
Behind a rock
Shielded with His hand
Smile.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
That's your defense?
Maybe this is beyond your 'pay grade'...
Just a heads up, you don't know my faith. I am a redeemed cynic who remains barbarian.
The barbarian makes me a jack 'ass' sometimes, but the cynic inoculates me from 'dumb'.
Smirk.
inoculates you from dumb? You do a good job of hiding that fact.

Smirk

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

mahz wrote:
<quoted text>
Which God? There have literally been hundreds since the beginning of mankind. Every one of them thought the God's they were worshiping were real too. So which one? Shiva? Osiris? Zeus? Ra? Odin? Christ? Allah? Jehovah? Baal? Khrisna? Ahriman? El? Ahru Mazda?
Belief systems are far more than just religious.

The real question is, how does a belief system explain and deal with the problem of evil?

For instance, why did a broken mind kill 26 innocent people? Why not just himself? What screams like the CT mayor said, "Evil visited our community today."

Your denial of sexual brokenness is a much smaller example, but no less poignant.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 31,141 - 31,160 of48,683
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

28 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 3 min george 3,814
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Rogue Scholar 05 173,578
Amy 7-11 6 min edogxxx 1
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min PDUPONT 1,071,798
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr voice of peace 67,523
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr Stuart Cudahy 45,444
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr cheluzal 97,432
•••
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••