Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS2

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Comments
30,941 - 30,960 of 49,274 Comments Last updated 6 hrs ago

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Opposites Attract wrote:
<quoted text>
What Illinois has put into effect gives gays "almost" the exact same legal benefits as heterosexuals. You can't expect churches and ideologies to change as you wish. Marriage between a man and a woman is natural. Civil Unions, while having the legal benefits for gays, will not make the traditional taboo go away. Can't help you there. In my opinion, the laws have changed and not necessarily for the better. Traditions are good for society, and lately our country could use some moral foundation based on traditional values.
I could care less about churches. Put that aside.

Are you still saying the Illinois civil unions will give the exact same rights, privileges and benefits of marriage?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

"could not care less"

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you still saying the Illinois civil unions will give the exact same rights, privileges and benefits of marriage?
Why would a gay couple need the rights and privileges of women and children???

Most of those considerations came when women stayed home and husbands worked. Gay couples are a distinct situation from that. Most certainly gay guys don't need those exact rights.

Man up dude! Stop trying to take resources from women and children!!!
Opposites Attract

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty much, for Illinois. Other states are different.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Opposites Attract wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty much, for Illinois. Other states are different.
If a same sex couple in Illinois gets a civil union, what federal rights, benefits and privileges are they entitled to?

If an opposite sex couple in Illinois gets married, what federal rights, benefits and privileges are they entitled to?

Tell me again how civil unions are just the same as marriage...
mahz

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Opposites Attract wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of us have no agenda, but do respect tradition in society. Gay "marriage" has no place in our society. Civil Unions, which are legally the same, are the only way gays should be allowed to become legal partners. A marriage requires a HUSBAND and WIFE, and gays can't seem to come up with the right combination. It's really not that complicated.
Except several denominations now offer gay marriage rites in their churches. UCC for example. By telling them they cannot get married you are violating their right to religious freedom. If they take a vow to their God, in their church, under the direction of their minister then the government has ZERO say in whether or not that is allowable.

It's OK if you want to start passing laws saying what is and what is not allowed within the churches. Just don't be surprised when your turn comes.
mahz

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
If a same sex couple in Illinois gets a civil union, what federal rights, benefits and privileges are they entitled to?
If an opposite sex couple in Illinois gets married, what federal rights, benefits and privileges are they entitled to?
Tell me again how civil unions are just the same as marriage...
Separate but equal is so 50 years ago.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

mahz wrote:
<quoted text>
Different.

The union of Mars and Venus

vs

the collision of Uranus and Uranus
Opposites Attract

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

mahz wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe 50 years ago was better. Gays really don't mix well in normal society, and I personally don't support trying to "normalize" homosexuality. There's a reason they called them queers.
mahz

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Opposites Attract wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe 50 years ago was better. Gays really don't mix well in normal society, and I personally don't support trying to "normalize" homosexuality. There's a reason they called them queers.
50 years ago before women's rights and civil rights? I'm sure your type probably would feel more comfortable.
mahz

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

50 years ago the top marginal tax rate was 70%. Would you like to go back?
Kimares Kooter

Elmwood Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Hey there, I'm Kimare's inner lesbian bitch; you know, the one with the non-functioning vagina and the militant lesbian voice.
Kindly ignore Kimare. Her meds are off (continually) and the charge nurse is down at the other end of the ward blowing a hot young LPN.
Inner lesbian sees what happened last Tuesday with the election. Inner lesbian knows that 4 states took a stand for marriage equality. Inner lesbian knows that marriage equality will soon be recognized throughout the entire country.
Now don't tell Kimare, but every time he used to bang his wife (when the meat and two veg were still working) I used to get off in a MAJOR way by watching through his eyes. I'm pretty sure I made a soul connection with the old broad too.
mahz

Glen Carbon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Moldilocker wrote:
<quoted text>what has the rights of white women slave owners got to do with the rights of formerly enslaved and genocide against black people? Nothing.
so you're saying you didn't follow the flow of the conversation?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Kimares Kooter wrote:
Hey there, I'm Kimare's inner lesbian bitch; you know, the one with the non-functioning vagina and the militant lesbian voice.
Kindly ignore Kimare. Her meds are off (continually) and the charge nurse is down at the other end of the ward blowing a hot young LPN.
Inner lesbian sees what happened last Tuesday with the election. Inner lesbian knows that 4 states took a stand for marriage equality. Inner lesbian knows that marriage equality will soon be recognized throughout the entire country.
Now don't tell Kimare, but every time he used to bang his wife (when the meat and two veg were still working) I used to get off in a MAJOR way by watching through his eyes. I'm pretty sure I made a soul connection with the old broad too.
Hey, appreciate your concern for the slut lesbian in me. Sorry, but I always cover her one eye when I am with my wife. She is however grateful that she is not stuck with someone who looks like Candy Crowley...

Which begs the question, why does a butch lesbian dress and act like a man to attract another lesbian??? It's like this double twist of someone who is not quite a man attracting someone who is not quite a woman...

As to gay unions being called marriage, I feel bad for you. The closer something fake gets to the real thing, the clear the counterfeit becomes. Moreover, a child won't see two 'dads', they will see a missing mom. Sad for the child isn't it? At the price of gays pretending.

As for me? I face reality. I AM a major mutation. No denial. No lies. No pretending. Others say, "Damn you sure are! But your union of femininity and masculinity makes you so wise!" I attribute that to the double effect of a lesbian trapped in a straight man, AND being married. The union of Mars and Venus not... you know...

Smile.
mahz

Glen Carbon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

a chimera is not a mutation and you are nothing but a liar. So what you are saying is out of the 34 of male-female chimeras that have been discovered one of them is you. Should be pretty easy to find you then. Being that there are only a couple male to female chimeras alive.
mahz

Glen Carbon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

if you were a chimera you would not be exceedingly ignorant about the condition as to call yourself a mutation.
brian goss

Watseka, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

r_a_n_d_o_m wrote:
gay men are no more prone to aids then the average hetro couple that has anal sex. thats the price you pay when you have anal sex. if there were legal civil unions then gay couples could share medical insurance eliminating tax payer costs.
its all a timing issue. some of us are ready to move forward with life some arent
Hey, thats not true! me and my boyfriend practive vigourous anal sex daily, and im not even 18! sometimes in school we sneak off into the janitors closet for a lil fudge packin. i have never gotten aids nor has my boyfriend but one time a little piece of poop got stuck on my weiner. u only get aids if u f**k monkeys pal

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

KiMare, you are a living contradiction. You say you are both male and female, yet you are against gay marriage. Here is the contradiction: If you are indeed a hermaphrodite, that means you are both male and female. You are married to a woman, so the female part of you is also married to a woman. That makes you a woman married to a woman. It doesn't matter that the male part of you is dominant, you are also a woman. You go against your own marriage by saying gay marriage is wrong. You may suppress the female part of you, but you are still part woman, and married to a woman. If YOU are allowed to marry a woman, then you should NOT be against gays getting married, since even if you married a woman OR a man you are still having a gay marriage with either scenario. If you have the freedom to marry who you wish, male or female, don't you think that others should have that right, too? Or are you just a special exception to that rule? The male part of you is a chauvinist pig and you beat down that inner lesbian so you can think that what you are doing is ok. You are just a self-hating pig, and because you hate what you are so badly you go around bashing gay people when you are just hiding that lesbian inside of you and holding her prisoner. I guarantee she gets off when you have sex with your wife. The only thing that makes you different from a lesbian is you don't have to use a strap on! Just because you can appear to be a "natural" man doesn't mean you aren't a lesbian, and a lesbian married to another woman to boot. So go on ranting about gay marriage, you are only contradicting yourself!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Emerald Fae wrote:
KiMare, you are a living contradiction. You say you are both male and female, yet you are against gay marriage. Here is the contradiction: If you are indeed a hermaphrodite, that means you are both male and female. You are married to a woman, so the female part of you is also married to a woman. That makes you a woman married to a woman. It doesn't matter that the male part of you is dominant, you are also a woman. You go against your own marriage by saying gay marriage is wrong. You may suppress the female part of you, but you are still part woman, and married to a woman. If YOU are allowed to marry a woman, then you should NOT be against gays getting married, since even if you married a woman OR a man you are still having a gay marriage with either scenario. If you have the freedom to marry who you wish, male or female, don't you think that others should have that right, too? Or are you just a special exception to that rule? The male part of you is a chauvinist pig and you beat down that inner lesbian so you can think that what you are doing is ok. You are just a self-hating pig, and because you hate what you are so badly you go around bashing gay people when you are just hiding that lesbian inside of you and holding her prisoner. I guarantee she gets off when you have sex with your wife. The only thing that makes you different from a lesbian is you don't have to use a strap on! Just because you can appear to be a "natural" man doesn't mean you aren't a lesbian, and a lesbian married to another woman to boot. So go on ranting about gay marriage, you are only contradicting yourself!!
You need to look up hermaphrodite.

Then you need to look up genetic chimera.

But maybe you should start at a simpler level;

Why does a butch lesbian dress and act like a man to attract another lesbian???

What will happen when gays achieve their next goal of claiming 'marriage', and everyone sees the distinction MORE THAN EVER???

Aren't these issues more of a concern for you?

Smirk.
Kimares Kooter

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to look up hermaphrodite.
Then you need to look up genetic chimera.
But maybe you should start at a simpler level;
Why does a butch lesbian dress and act like a man to attract another lesbian???
What will happen when gays achieve their next goal of claiming 'marriage', and everyone sees the distinction MORE THAN EVER???
Aren't these issues more of a concern for you?
Smirk.
Inner lesbian here again. Dude, I dress you like a man every day, and you never once thought to ask me why?

I own you, and I win every time.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min shinningelectr0n 1,096,618
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min LRS 176,882
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 23 min RACE 97,846
Word (Dec '08) 29 min RACE 4,637
Fast Adderall,xanny ,MMJ- ADHD 36 min Fast guy 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 55 min litesong 46,244
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr BigRabbit 68,860

Search the Chicago Forum:
•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at August 22 at 8:29PM CDT

•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE