Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 Full story: CBS2 50,636

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Full Story

“Impeach Stevens!”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#35947 Nov 9, 2012
I am asexual. I think all heteros and hobos will burn in hell:)

Smirks:)
awwww

AOL

#35949 Nov 9, 2012
Ann-Marie wrote:
I am asexual. I think all heteros and hobos will burn in hell:)
Smirks:)
What do you have against hobos?

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#35952 Nov 9, 2012
Brenda Lee Johnson wrote:
No religion it not the reason Gays shouldn't get married! The reason is they are the nastiest disease stricken group of people on earth!
They have killed more people with Gay diseases than have ever been killed in all the U.S. wars put together!
<quoted text>
got dumb?????? This morazz has a terminal case of the stupids!!!!!

Oh and sorry you lost at every turn of the election... Siiii... what a shame
mike

Shorewood, IL

#35953 Nov 9, 2012

Bellevue, WA

#35954 Nov 9, 2012
mike wrote:
http://chicago.craigslist.org/ chc/rnr/3398979455.html
i voted for him... and i'm a prostitute and stripper... sweeet!!!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#35955 Nov 10, 2012
Marengo Jon wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the only one here who happens to think that you posted 5 facts. Personally, I think you may have posted one fact and 4 paranoid delusional conspiracy theories.
Try some Vagicil for your snatch irritation.
Ad homoan attacks and claims are the cover for a loser.

All this is only more symptoms of your denial.

Smile.
Stuff n stuff

United States

#35961 Nov 10, 2012
Sad to think that even these days we still squabble over such petty things...

Location hidden

#35963 Nov 11, 2012
Brenda Lee Johnson wrote:
No religion it not the reason Gays shouldn't get married! The reason is they are the nastiest disease stricken group of people on earth!
They have killed more people with Gay diseases than have ever been killed in all the U.S. wars put together!
<quoted text>
How are straight folk getting killed by "gay diseases", as if there were such a thing? You fuckers get a disease and blame the gays, why don't you idiots use more protection and get your partners tested, viola, no more need to worry about teh "gay diseases". You would contain it to gay people yes? You'd think you psychos would be happy it's killing only us. Instead you whine about the diseases we bring you. Hmm, how are you getting those again I wonder? You claim bisexuals yes? Again, you are the retards jumping into beds with strangers apparently. God forbid you people take responsibilty for yourselves.
ridiculous

Oak Forest, IL

#35964 Nov 12, 2012
Why is this post still going on??

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#35965 Nov 12, 2012
ridiculous wrote:
Because people keep commenting.

Like you.
The Reaper

Saint Louis, MO

#35966 Nov 12, 2012
Because jon jon and "just think".....just can't leave it alone.
They need to let it Rest In Peace.
ridiculous wrote:
The Reaper

Saint Louis, MO

#35968 Nov 12, 2012
That's Lilly, satans little flower.
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Your a freak that's into molesting animals.
Forever Comfy

Waterloo, IL

#35970 Nov 12, 2012
Did you hear about the gay guy with Alzheimer's?

He was confused all day trying to figure out why his butt hurt
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#35972 Nov 12, 2012
Did you hear the one about the closet queen? He thought writing anti-gay bullshit on a website all day would prove he was straight.
The Reaper

Saint Louis, MO

#35973 Nov 12, 2012
Did you hear the on about the AGENDIST?
I did not either. But the name was Mona Lott.
Mona Lott wrote:
Did you hear the one about the closet queen? He thought writing anti-gay bullshit on a website all day would prove he was straight.
Opposites Attract

Waterloo, IL

#35974 Nov 12, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
Some of us have no agenda, but do respect tradition in society. Gay "marriage" has no place in our society. Civil Unions, which are legally the same, are the only way gays should be allowed to become legal partners. A marriage requires a HUSBAND and WIFE, and gays can't seem to come up with the right combination. It's really not that complicated.

Location hidden

#35975 Nov 12, 2012
Opposites Attract wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of us have no agenda, but do respect tradition in society. Gay "marriage" has no place in our society. Civil Unions, which are legally the same, are the only way gays should be allowed to become legal partners. A marriage requires a HUSBAND and WIFE, and gays can't seem to come up with the right combination. It's really not that complicated.
Can you show me one civil union that provides the exact same rights, benefits, and privileges as marriage?
Opposites Attract

Waterloo, IL

#35979 Nov 12, 2012
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you show me one civil union that provides the exact same rights, benefits, and privileges as marriage?
What Illinois has put into effect gives gays "almost" the exact same legal benefits as heterosexuals. You can't expect churches and ideologies to change as you wish. Marriage between a man and a woman is natural. Civil Unions, while having the legal benefits for gays, will not make the traditional taboo go away. Can't help you there. In my opinion, the laws have changed and not necessarily for the better. Traditions are good for society, and lately our country could use some moral foundation based on traditional values.

Location hidden

#35980 Nov 12, 2012
Opposites Attract wrote:
<quoted text>
What Illinois has put into effect gives gays "almost" the exact same legal benefits as heterosexuals. You can't expect churches and ideologies to change as you wish. Marriage between a man and a woman is natural. Civil Unions, while having the legal benefits for gays, will not make the traditional taboo go away. Can't help you there. In my opinion, the laws have changed and not necessarily for the better. Traditions are good for society, and lately our country could use some moral foundation based on traditional values.
I could care less about churches. Put that aside.

Are you still saying the Illinois civil unions will give the exact same rights, privileges and benefits of marriage?

Location hidden

#35981 Nov 12, 2012
"could not care less"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min GOP R Idiots 1,126,963
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 19 min jacques Ottawa 179,415
Abby 10-23-14 58 min pde 10
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,664
Amy 10-24 2 hr edogxxx 11
Abby 10-24 2 hr edogxxx 23
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr grave digger 47,499
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]