Nailah Franklin funeral set for 7 ton...

Nailah Franklin funeral set for 7 tonight

There are 16 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Oct 3, 2007, titled Nailah Franklin funeral set for 7 tonight. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Dozens of people streamed into Trinity United Church of Christ Wednesday afternoon to attend the visitation for Nailah Franklin, who had been missing for a week before her body was found Sept.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Eric hendrix

Chicago, IL

#1 Oct 3, 2007
I hope and send the best for Nailah's family I will pray for you and hope you get throuh this hardtime.
yvette bullette

Glen Ellyn, IL

#2 Oct 3, 2007
I would like to say I am sorry about your losts but you all no she is in a better places. She have her wings sleep my angel it ok
Carol Thompson

United States

#3 Oct 4, 2007
The LORD has blessed the Franklin family with a member that stood positive and strong for all the world to see and follow. The smiling face of Nailah will always be one that I remember as an example of life at it's best. My heart is always with the family in this time of mourning because it is hard to understand why. I pray that the family knows that Nailah's shining star face will always be remembered as a common bond or thread connecting people all over the world.
Lisa L

Mclean, VA

#4 Oct 4, 2007
Authorities have to know that this girl was murdered. How can they not establish a cause of death? I pray that these statements are all smoke screens, in an effort to set the killer or killers up. I pray the "perpetrators" are found and soon. This is really making me angry. I want Justice for Nailah Franklin and peace for the common decency for those people this story has touched.
Matina Lee

Chicago, IL

#5 Oct 4, 2007
Although I did not know Nailah personally this tradegy touch my heart and my prays are with her family. Times like this we should understand the importance of life and judging from all the story about Nailah took life seroius and live to the fullest. You will be missed and loved dearly but you have left your mark and present in all our heart. To Nailah family mourne her but but do not let it stop you from living she will not want that. God makes no mistake. Just pray and know time heal all pain. You will always have her with you. Pray changes
K Owens Ward

AOL

#6 Oct 4, 2007
Greetings from Texas, I initially saw this story on the Star Jones Show. My thoughts and prayers are with the Franklin Family. It is you today, it could be my family by the end of the day. Find comfort in knowing that earth has no sorrows that heaven cannot heal. God's strength is my prayer for you.
Gerald Walker

University Park, IL

#7 Oct 4, 2007
I'm not trying to offend anyone - especially the family. But I have a song in which I dedicatated in memory of Ms. Franklin entitled "Nailah Franklin". I'm not trying to become "known" from this nor do I seek praise. However, on the behalf of Chicago hip-hop and its underground circuit I just wanted to present/inform you of this song.

Respectfully

Gerald Walker

myspace.com/rappergeraldwalker
geraldwalker.blogspot.com
Kasandra

United States

#8 Oct 4, 2007
from what i heard she was a nice person
Kay Barbie

Danville, PA

#9 Oct 5, 2007
I just want to say That my deepest sympathy goes out to her family. Im a young women and I cant imagine how my parents or siblings will react to a situation like this.. I really cant understand why the good die so young..

Much love and respect to her family and friends
Candice

Stamford, CT

#10 Oct 5, 2007
God Bless The Deead..... May Nailah Franklin R.I.P. Gone but not forgotten. This is such a tradgedy to see a young female who has come so far, who was doing alot better than half the men in this country, to perish like this. A very beautiful young lady whose death is going to make a difference. Rather wished it had been in life that changes had been mad. Rather wished in life she would have been known. As we all know the Lord works in mysterious ways...it was her time.... So to her family, friends, loved ones, cry of joy...God need her to put a smile on his face and the rest of the angels in heaven. She already gave to you what she can now it's time for her to move on up, higher. You'll See her again. May God Bless!

-TELLY<3
keshia

United States

#11 Oct 8, 2007
i love nilah franklin so much
Gods Angel

Lutz, FL

#12 Oct 11, 2007
I read this story and it was so touching,My prayers are with your family.She will always be near in spirit.
May God continue to give you comfort
brwnfoxx

Clarksville, TN

#13 Oct 12, 2007
i dont understand why they are not looking at this guy as a person of interest who has a protention of order against from the victim and 2 other women. And the fact that she told friends and family that he threatened her should be a major clue to the police. Most likely if she dated him. Then he knew where she lived and her work habits or schedule. This is so sad. You cant trust anyone these days.
brwnfoxx

Clarksville, TN

#14 Oct 12, 2007
I'm just so upset right now because i'm 28 years old. And sometimes affraid to walk outside my front door or even let my child attend school in fear of predators.I dont understand how people who are incapable of giving life. Can maliously take one. My prayers go out the the family and friends of Nailah Franklin.
Linda Williams - STL MO

Saint Louis, MO

#15 Oct 21, 2007
To the Franklin family,
My prayers are with you and the family. May God comfort you and give you peace. I did not know Nailah, but I kept watching and praying that she would be found safe. It was her beautiful smile on her photo that caught me eye, it was as if I had met her before. I have a daughter that attends school in Chicago and she also was hoping and praying for Nailah's safe return. Stay strong and remember you will see Nailah again! God Bless!
Janet

AOL

#16 Nov 18, 2007
My thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends of Nailah.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 13 min Sublime1 102,467
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 25 min RealDave 1,395,067
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 33 min Jacques Orleans 216,693
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 52 min Into The Night 60,077
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr GEORGIA 1,672
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 2 hr GEORGIA 2,693
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr TRD 70,722
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages