UPS driver shot in the back in Chicago

A United Parcel Service delivery driver is in critical condition after being shot in the back on Chicago's South Side in an apparent robbery attempt. Full Story
Boo Hoo

United States

#1 Jul 21, 2009
Bring back the Chicago police please.
scooby

Addison, IL

#2 Jul 21, 2009
Pshh..if I were UPS or any delivery company i would refuse to deliver to these hell holes. Let the people in those areas do without that stuff for awhile, maybe then this no snitching crap will stop. Poor guy is out earning an honest living and these POS try and rob then shoot him?? You people on the south side dont deserve to even have the basic amenities anymore, you and you alone have enabled, encouraged, and are fully to blame for the shape your area is in today.
Hermann

Glen Ellyn, IL

#3 Jul 22, 2009
Why did this not make it into the paper? I heard about the story yesterday and said I will wait to see the details in the paper in the morning. NOT THERE

“otr trucker”

Since: Feb 09

ionia mi

#4 Jul 22, 2009
poor guy just doing his job, thank good we run team OTR not much chance of this happening to us but could. We need hazmat pay to deliver to south chicago
Uncle Don

Glen Ellyn, IL

#5 Jul 22, 2009
Hermann wrote:
Why did this not make it into the paper? I heard about the story yesterday and said I will wait to see the details in the paper in the morning. NOT THERE
The driver was probably white and over twenty-one. It's only a news story if black or hispanic CPS student get shot.
victor

Chicago, IL

#6 Jul 23, 2009
Uncle Don wrote:
<quoted text>The driver was probably white and over twenty-one. It's only a news story if black or hispanic CPS student get shot.
He was african american
fedex driver

Chicago, IL

#7 Jul 23, 2009
Anyone hear how the guy is doing? I heard he was in critical condition. That was in the breaking story there have been no updates.
family

United States

#8 Jul 30, 2009
fedex driver wrote:
Anyone hear how the guy is doing? I heard he was in critical condition. That was in the breaking story there have been no updates.

He will never walk again.
Chaz

Aliso Viejo, CA

#9 Jul 30, 2009
We need to have a national debate on how f***ed up black culture is. I dont want to hear the blame whitey crowd.
CMJ

Chicago, IL

#10 Feb 10, 2010
fedex driver wrote:
He has been making a huge progress in a very short time period. The way he is going, he should be 90% if not 100% recovered by the summer!!!
White guy

United States

#11 Jun 30, 2011
victor wrote:
<quoted text>He was african american
Definitely a black person that did the crime!
Damn Roaches!
Heisenberg

Alamogordo, NM

#12 Jul 1, 2011
Step back and think what the democratic party has done for Chicago for the last 40 years?

IMO, nothing.

These dirtbag politicians have brainwashed the minorities in Chicago (if you want to now call them minorities at present?), into believing that you were going to get some special yank job from them.
You got nothing.

When you have a city, where no law abiding citizen can protect themselves on the streets, or in their homes, you will continue to live in fear of lawlessness. People like Rahm Emanuel isn't going to do a goddamn thing for Chicago either, so don't hold your breath, he's just another Obama puppet.

If Chicago would finally recognize a law abiding citizen's right, to own, and bear arms, many of these crimes would perhaps not even happen.

Yes, the UPS Driver in this instance would probably never be able to carry a gun, due to company policies, but a law abiding bystander-witness may have been able to take action, and stand up for those who are helpless.

The fact that people can be "legally armed" is a extremely strong deterrent to crime.

People will get, and give respect at the end of a gun.

Make it like here in NM, your business, your vehicle is also an extension of your home.
Arm every business in the state of Illinois, and step back and watch how crime would drop overnight.

About damn time people quit remaining divided, pointing fingers, and unite together on issues such as these.

Let it be, that you try to rob a person who's just trying to put some gas in their vehicle, they may be shot. That you walk into someone's home to rob them, you might be shot. To road rage somebody with your vehicle, whish is also a deadly weapon, you might be shot. That's how you give, and get respect. This is how it must be.

That all citizens in the city of Chicago, and the State of Illinois, regardless of race, creed, sex, or area should not have their 2nd amendment rights trodden upon.

If politicians in Illinois could ever wake up, you might then see some positive changes. Otherwise, a city like Chicago will continue it's downward spiral, being no better than the lawless craphole of Juarez, Mexico.

Heisenberg

Alamogordo, NM

#13 Jul 1, 2011
I was there in 1968. I remember that fat clown Daley issuing "shoot to kill", the National Guardsmen driving down the street to Madison Ave, which was ablaze, and could be seen from my neighborhood.

I remember being let out of school early that day (8th grade) cause the Black Panthers, and Blackstone Rangers were on the warpath, and were just a literal few blocks from our neighborhood, which is now the Tri Taylor Area.

Mayor Daley stopped the sales of guns, and ammunition in chicago, cause he feared that would get into the black man's hands.

And of course, at that time, he was probably right, that guns would perhaps be used for the wrong reasons, that the black man at that time wanted nothing more that to strike back at society.

And kill-maim innocent people, shoot-kill firefighters, who were trying their earnest to not see Chicago turn into another great fire of 1871.

The black man was sick, and angered back then, but had little sense, and no direction.

Most of that property on Madison Ave was of course not owned by blacks, it was owned by Jew Slum Landlords. They couldn't care less, as it wasn't their property they firebombed.

But today is different. I of course wouldn;t wish to walk the streets of the south side of Chicago, with two loaded M-16's, and a bagful of 30 shot clips, as entire neighborhoods would be looking to kill be, the lonely "Paul Kersey" assasin.

Therfore, I wish to see every law abiding black family armed to the gills in this current day and age. That for every gun the white family has, the black family should have two.

It won't be survival of the fittest, but it will be survival of the good. To unlease a fury that has never been seen in chicago's history.

To freaking drop and kill the dregs, who served no purpose in this society, but to rob, rape, pillage, and destroy fellow man.

Oh, you'd read about lots of killings, but of the good kind. That the good man is taking back the streets, the neighborhoods, the peace that man deserves.

I say turn Chicago into Tombstone AZ. Arm up Chicago citizens. Let them be able to protect themselves in the best ways possible.

And don't be stupid you black folks. You are "American"! Don't vote again for a dickhead who bows to foreign muslim towelheads. He supposed to be bowing to us, us Americans!
his cousin

Dallas, TX

#14 May 10, 2012
family wrote:
<quoted text>
He will never walk again.
I was just reading up on this because I wanted to see what had been mentioned in the news a few years back... He is doing fine. Yes he is black it was in the paper my cousin his wife has it posted on their wall. He is also walking again mostly with a cane but he isz walking and he a brand 8month old baby boy God is good
Clint Westwood

United States

#15 Apr 26, 2013
his cousin wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just reading up on this because I wanted to see what had been mentioned in the news a few years back... He is doing fine. Yes he is black it was in the paper my cousin his wife has it posted on their wall. He is also walking again mostly with a cane but he isz walking and he a brand 8month old baby boy God is good
god is not good. If he was he would prevented this man from getting shot. But the religious nuts can't explain why good people get hurt and the lord does nothing. He is satan.
benselys reality

Nashua, NH

#16 Apr 27, 2013
time for UPS and other delivery services to end deliveries to the south side of Chicago.

even the police don't like to go into some parts of the hood so why would anyone else want to enter a lawless jungle??

how's them strict gun control laws working for ya Chicago?????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 30 min Earthling-1 49,219
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 42 min Uzi 68,883
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL 71,025
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr John Galt 1,154,077
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Justice1313 51,253
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Guru 181,833
New Beach Boys song. 10 hr The Beach Boys 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 15 hr Ralph 98,853
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:01 pm PST

NBC Sports 1:01PM
Cowboys' Murray listed as questionable for Colts - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 8:26 AM
Report: Executives suggest Bears could have to attach a draft pick to move Cutler
Bleacher Report11:56 AM
Eagles vs. Redskins: Live Score and Analysis for Philadelphia
Yahoo! Sports 5:54 PM
Eagles playoff hopes suffer with loss to Redskins
Bleacher Report 6:14 PM
RG3 Showing Enough to Remain Starter in WSH