Upskirt images bring down 15-year-old...

Upskirt images bring down 15-year-old Emmaus High School student

There are 235 comments on the The Morning Call story from Jul 28, 2009, titled Upskirt images bring down 15-year-old Emmaus High School student. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

For several months this past school year, an Emmaus High School student used his cell phone to secretly shoot upskirt photos and videos of girls and teachers as they walked up stairs, authorities say.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

vee

United States

#222 Aug 11, 2009
He is only 15 and probably never been allowed to look at girls in bikins for all you know. I say thts so stupid to charge a boy of a crime so mild yea the internet thing may have been over the top but seriously. I say that they should slap a few days of cummunity service to a womens camp or what ever so he will think better of women than just something to stare at.
vee

United States

#223 Aug 11, 2009
by the way this comment above was posted by me a girl i wouldn't care at all its not the end of the world

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#224 Aug 12, 2009
vee wrote:
by the way this comment above was posted by me a girl i wouldn't care at all its not the end of the world
not to you its not.
Big Guns

Emmaus, PA

#225 Aug 13, 2009
castrate him, is that the answer?

Location hidden

#226 Aug 13, 2009
vee wrote:
He is only 15 and probably never been allowed to look at girls in bikins for all you know. I say thts so stupid to charge a boy of a crime so mild yea the internet thing may have been over the top but seriously. I say that they should slap a few days of cummunity service to a womens camp or what ever so he will think better of women than just something to stare at.
i knew a girl named vee once shes was a hot little number.

“think out of the box”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#227 Aug 15, 2009
vee wrote:
Then, perhaps you are an exhibitionist or have looser parameters.

Al the mother of a 15 year old daughter, I would nail this kid to the wall.

From what I understand there were multitudes of girls/women being taped and exposed WITHOUT their permission...

Bottom line - THAT"S the issue - it's a breach of privacy.

It is VERY important for you, and others, to understand than passing this info over cell phones and the internet constitutes using lines of communications that are regulated - there is NO other way to prosecute this than as a sex crime...hence, permanent Sex Offender status.

Maybe you wouldn't care that your crotch was being broadcast all over the world but your lack of need for confidentiality is not relevant, nor safe.

It IS standard practice - this "sexting" - and, it's dangerous - whether you know it or not.

My guess is you are too young to know or understand in full the ramifications of this kind of behavior....and, the behavior to which it could lead, for the boy(s) involved.
Mitch

Reading, PA

#228 Aug 15, 2009
Rick P wrote:
Ban cell phones in High School ! Problem solved !
You guys are idoits, just cAuse some kid took some pics with his phone doesn't mean that you should ban cell phones from school. If the kid didn't have a cell phone he would have used a video camera. Cell phones aren't the problem
this kids an ass

Emmaus, PA

#229 Aug 17, 2009
Hope he gets sued and so does his family what an ass....... just wow. get a life..
poor bfs

Emmaus, PA

#230 Aug 17, 2009
well we know one thing these girls are scarred and these bf's will either have to be there for them and support them or end up being weak and leaving. for the ones that do support these young women you are true men. Congrats
COPS SUCK

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#231 Aug 19, 2009
on youtube you will find thousands of videos of police brutality many against children you wanna talk about whos really violating society!
rpg

Nashville, TN

#232 Aug 20, 2009
Big Guns wrote:
castrate him, is that the answer?
If the feminazis had their way he'd be burned alive at the stake.
alex c

Emmaus, PA

#233 Aug 20, 2009
all of you people out there that are the typical 21st century "assholes" really disgust me. you try to make names for yourselves by causing other people even more problems than they need to have. i can guarantee you couldn't look at me with a straight face and say that you never looked up girls skirts when you were in high school. so what if he was doing it, the only problem is that he posted them over the internet (which he SHOULD get some sort of violation for). other than that, you have nothing to feel so innocent about when you call him a perv or a disgusting human being.

Location hidden

#234 Aug 21, 2009
alex c wrote:
all of you people out there that are the typical 21st century "assholes" really disgust me. you try to make names for yourselves by causing other people even more problems than they need to have. i can guarantee you couldn't look at me with a straight face and say that you never looked up girls skirts when you were in high school. so what if he was doing it, the only problem is that he posted them over the internet (which he SHOULD get some sort of violation for). other than that, you have nothing to feel so innocent about when you call him a perv or a disgusting human being.
uhhh well genius its the part about him posting them on the web that most people are upset about. actually i can look you straight in the face and tell you i never looked up girls skirts because i didnt have too.
Big Guns

Emmaus, PA

#235 Aug 21, 2009
juggalotus1264 wrote:
<quoted text>
uhhh well genius its the part about him posting them on the web that most people are upset about. actually i can look you straight in the face and tell you i never looked up girls skirts because i didnt have too.
Excellent.

I was thinking the same thing as I read the post.
Alex C

Emmaus, PA

#236 Aug 21, 2009
juggalotus1264 wrote:
<quoted text>
here we go, big guy saying he didn't have to when he was in high school...probably still living in high school. And if you read my article all the way through (without just skimming it to see if you caught any red flag words that would make you cry) i said that he should get into trouble for posting them on the web. All im saying is that this is getting entirely blown out of proportion. The kid is 15...I bet you did things when you were at that age that you regret, so why should this kid have to get the brunt of everything. I know personally that it took one run in with the police to set me straight. Lets face it, we were all young and stupid at one age or the other.
Alex C

Emmaus, PA

#237 Aug 21, 2009
this kids an ass wrote:
Hope he gets sued and so does his family what an ass....... just wow. get a life..
why should his family get sued for this? they had nothing to do with it. And dont tell me its a matter of upbringing because you and i both know that isnt the case. it should be him personally and noone else.

Location hidden

#238 Aug 23, 2009
Alex C wrote:
<quoted text>
here we go, big guy saying he didn't have to when he was in high school...probably still living in high school. And if you read my article all the way through (without just skimming it to see if you caught any red flag words that would make you cry) i said that he should get into trouble for posting them on the web. All im saying is that this is getting entirely blown out of proportion. The kid is 15...I bet you did things when you were at that age that you regret, so why should this kid have to get the brunt of everything. I know personally that it took one run in with the police to set me straight. Lets face it, we were all young and stupid at one age or the other.
no i really dont regret anything i did. it made me into the person i am today. a hard working individual, with good friends and knowledge that i can pass down onto my children (if i choose to ever have any that is) so that they might not make the same choices i did. although my parents told me of their own stories and still made the choices on my own, so im sure if i had children they would do the same. i dont live in the past, no reason to do so. life is to short, you never know what you will miss if you spend to much time remembering the past.
Earl

Mckeesport, PA

#239 Aug 23, 2009
Boys will be boys.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#240 Aug 23, 2009
Release the perv's info. He had no conscious about this; he will date rape a college girlfriend in the future...

...as a teacher, if this happened to me, I would see if I could sue/prosecute him as far as the law allowed. Luckily, I wear knickers that cover all, but it's the principle of the matter.

Cells are allowed but should not be on. We can take them if we even see them. Kids lose all privileges because they abuse all privileges.
Parents texting/calling doesn't help and school districts need to grow a pair and stand up against those idiotic parents who further escalate the problem.
Friend

Allentown, PA

#241 Aug 25, 2009
I just want to point out the fact that I am a current student and I don't use my phone during the school day. I drive to school and have it on me in case of an emergency then I turn it off when I get there and don't turn it back on until after school. Every adult who makes a stereotypical comment about how kids don't just want their phones for an emergency is an idiot. I'm sorry but times have changed and what happens if you're in an accident on the way to school but you don't have a phone to let your parents know. I love how cell phones are a bad thing now? Some adults need to grow up. Just don't allow students to talk or text on their phones during the day. If a cell phone rings, you serve detention. Thats how my school does it...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Obama is a joke 1,404,525
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 min mdbuilder 60,660
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 21 min Jacques in Orleans 219,533
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 22 min CrunchyBacon 103,194
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 51 min RACE 1,801
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 52 min RACE 2,857
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 53 min RACE 9,218

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages