Free Valentine's Day Gift - Alien in ...

Free Valentine's Day Gift - Alien in the Delta [Kindle Edition[

Posted in the Chicago Forum

Thankful Strother

Vista, CA

#1 Feb 14, 2014
{The following excerpt from the e-Book Alien In the Delta}
Grandfather shot the man as he opened the gate to the front yard. The man died on the spot. After killing the man, my grandfather went into hiding for seven years. This event was the legacy left to my father by his father. Would what happened thirty years before my birth have an impact on my life?
Alien in the Delta takes you on a journey that highlights the life experiences of a boy from the age of six through manhood. He grew up on the Mississippi River in the Arkansas Delta, but felt out-of-place in that environment. In his home town prejudice and inequality were practice openly. His escape from the Delta was not realized until he went abroad. He takes you on his adventures in the rural south and throughout Europe. He shares with you a variety of emotions including fear, sadness, happiness, and amusement. Alien in the Delta is a memoir about overcoming adversity.
http://www.amazon.com/Alien-Delta-Thankful-St...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ask amy 9-5-15 2 min PEllen 4
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min woodtick57 197,264
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Renaissance Writer 1,279,032
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 min PEllen 100,683
abby 9-5-15 10 min PEllen 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 19 min Mothra 54,631
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 70,163
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages